opinion of jim moran
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:49:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  opinion of jim moran
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
positive

negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: opinion of jim moran  (Read 2713 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2007, 10:42:24 AM »

negative.

democrats should try to expel that anti-semite from their caucus.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:54:06 AM »

Moran is a massive freedom fighter. His actions against genocide in Darfur, protectionism, the DOMA and the Patriot Act all show this.

This whole "jewish leaders" thing is being blown out of proportion IMO. It's blatantly obvious that neo-Con's rabid support for zionism is one of the reasons we're in Iraq. Perhaps he should have chosen his words better, but there is a huge largely jewish political lobby that was pushing for our current foreign policy.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »

Moran is a massive freedom fighter. His actions against genocide in Darfur, protectionism, the DOMA and the Patriot Act all show this.

This whole "jewish leaders" thing is being blown out of proportion IMO. It's blatantly obvious that neo-Con's rabid support for zionism is one of the reasons we're in Iraq. Perhaps he should have chosen his words better, but there is a huge largely jewish political lobby that was pushing for our current foreign policy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 11:33:31 AM »

whenever anyway draws a connection between US foreign policy and Israeli national interest, they get branded an anti-Semite.  I'm not going to pass judgement on Moran one way or another, but that's just silly, Mitty.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 11:42:41 AM »

whenever anyway draws a connection between US foreign policy and Israeli national interest, they get branded an anti-Semite.  I'm not going to pass judgement on Moran one way or another, but that's just silly, Mitty.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 11:45:03 AM »

Israel is an apartheid state which only gives citizenship to those of one religion/ethnic group(jew). Why did liberals oppose supporting South Africa before 1993 when we actually had a case for backing them(mineral resources+cold war reasons) but are largely silent on the issue of supporting Israel(at most they want us to rein in Israel), a place for which we have no economic or geopolitical case? What makes the RSA that much more evil than Israel?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 02:02:31 PM »

read between the lines, tweed.

people like moran believe that the jews are to blame for all of our foreign policy woes.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 02:05:12 PM »

read between the lines, tweed.

people like moran believe that the jews are to blame for all of our foreign policy woes.

stop being childish and replace 'the jews' with 'Israel' and all of a sudden you have a statement that a) is dripping with truth and b) isn't bigoted.
Cylon Candidate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -2.43

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 06:01:04 PM »

Israel is an apartheid state which only gives citizenship to those of one religion/ethnic group(jew

23.6% of Israeli citizens are not Jewish, and the number is growing as the Arab birthrate goes up.  12 members of the Knesset are Arabs.   
Cylon Candidate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -2.43

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »

And as for Jim Moran:  I admire  many of his positions, but placing the blame for the war on Jews is completely wrong, considering Jews are one of the groups most against it, and always have been.  (http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=26677)

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 06:07:37 PM »

I can't wait until he retires -he is as much an embarrasment to our district as Jim McDermott is to his.   
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 10:25:07 PM »

im just glad the dems have really outstanding congress-people like debbie wasserman schultz to counter balance nuts like moran.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 02:09:51 AM »

My opinion of the Congressman is negative.  To me, most of his social views are FF. But it's his economic issues that turn me away.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 10:47:33 AM »

He represents my district, and as soon as I can vote, I'll vote against him in the primary, and run against if he wins.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 03:20:18 PM »

He's a mediocre Democrat, though I do applaud his stance against the war. I'd like him more if he wasn't part of the DLC...
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »

He's a mediocre Democrat, though I do applaud his stance against the war. I'd like him more if he wasn't part of the DLC...
Moran has stood up for basic liberty and progressive social issues far more than a lot of "Liberals" in the party. Anyone with the balls to vote against something like the DOMA or Patriot Act is automatically a massive freedom fighter.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »

We should let Israel sink or swim on its own merits. I long for the day when opinions like Moran's are the most pro-zionist any respectable politican or news commentator is.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 08:12:18 AM »

With Cynthia McKinney gone, Jim Moran is the most outspoken racist in Congress.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies