Who would be better for America's educated class?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:19:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would be better for America's educated class?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: So who is it?
BRTD

WalterMitty

Keystone Phil

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Who would be better for America's educated class?  (Read 5788 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 08:18:53 PM »

Check out my signature. That's Rick Santorum. I'm one of his biggest fans. I hate Casey.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 08:30:01 PM »

Check out my signature. That's Rick Santorum. I'm one of his biggest fans. I hate Casey.

What?

Well....why does it have to be a particular group that would make your live easier?
...and what does your family do for work? What does it mean to conserve to you? When I was first becoming politically literate, conservative meant that one goes out and saves the rainforest and stuff like that..
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 09:52:06 PM »

You know, I actually agree with Phil more in this thread. While I agree with Walter's points more about who is better for the working class, he's still a hypocrite for supporting people like Santorum and Blackwell, and also arguing that Blackwell would win basically because he's NOT good for the working class and his opponent who is has "horrible views". Walter may have the right point, but he needs to quit acting holier-than-thou.

And Walter is more nanny-statist than Phil. Phil's position on abortion is valid if you accept the view that life begins at conception. Then banning abortion is the government's intervening to protect life, one of its most basic purposes. I don't support banning abortion because I don't consider life to begin at conception, but that's beside the point. And the whole gay marriage deal has more to do with equal rights than freedom.

Walter on the other hand, wants the government to use taxation to attempt to alter peoples' diets, ban guns, and tell students what they may wear to school. That IS nanny-statism because it's a case of government trying to micromanage society.

As for the poll, I voted for myself obviously, and I am more educated than Phil. I'll soon have a BS after next semester, and then later likely either a paralegal certification or master's degree. I also got a 3.75 last semester and currently have an A in the one summer class I'm taking.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 10:47:03 PM »

What?

Well....why does it have to be a particular group that would make your live easier?
...and what does your family do for work? What does it mean to conserve to you? When I was first becoming politically literate, conservative meant that one goes out and saves the rainforest and stuff like that..

I have no idea what that first part means. Secondly, my family (my parents) have jobs. They work. Yet we wouldn't fall into this "working families" BS category.

I have no idea what this "what does it mean to conserve to you?" means either. Then again, I don't think you know either.

Conservative doesn't mean to save the rainforest "and stuff." That's conservationist.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2007, 10:49:46 PM »

As for the poll, I voted for myself obviously, and I am more educated than Phil. I'll soon have a BS after next semester, and then later likely either a paralegal certification or master's degree. I also got a 3.75 last semester and currently have an A in the one summer class I'm taking.

While I thank you for most of your comments in that post, I must point out one problem - I am not claiming to be more educated in this poll.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 11:40:07 PM »

What I was asking is what is conserving to you. What does it mean to be a conservative that conserves...and how does your family work and yet not a working family?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »

What I was asking is what is conserving to you. What does it mean to be a conservative that conserves...and how does your family work and yet not a working family?

This isn't about "conserving."

Anyway, we aren't considered a "working family" because we're not "working class" or a union family.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 06:42:22 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2007, 06:44:24 PM by Angry_Weasel »

Why are conservatives called conservatives then instead of nationalists or something that neutral sounding and yet more accurate.

What is your family? Businesspeople?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 08:18:35 PM »

I'm inclined to say BRTD given how long it is taking him to complete college he must know the ropes of education well by now
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 12:03:57 PM »

That's an unfair attack.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 01:30:45 PM »

First of all its not, and second of all that would be pot calling the kettle black at it's finest, you called AkSaber a religous fundamentalist which was by far the most idiotic thing I ever heard.  You can at least make a case for me, but AKSaber?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 02:02:30 PM »

First of all its not, and second of all that would be pot calling the kettle black at it's finest, you called AkSaber a religous fundamentalist which was by far the most idiotic thing I ever heard.  You can at least make a case for me, but AKSaber?
Just look at his last posts.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »

Just look at his last posts.
He has made thousands, it is also a known fact that BRTD has been in college forever
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:47 PM »

Yeah so, sometimes people change majors.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2007, 03:13:32 PM »

BRTD, since he would support free college and universal health care (then again presumably so would Mitty, so maybe it's a wash).
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 03:24:52 PM »

America's educated class can't be that educated if they wish for either BRTD or Keystone Phil.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 06:14:09 PM »

Walter seems the mosr reasonable, but then again, his policies are OPPRESSIVE and would probably cost too much.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007, 06:15:23 PM »

America's educated class can't be that educated if they wish for either BRTD or Keystone Phil.

They can't be educated if they want warmongering Mitty....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2007, 10:45:30 PM »

BRTD, since he would support free college and universal health care (then again presumably so would Mitty, so maybe it's a wash).

LOL 

I love when liberals talk about "free" college, health care, etc.

Thanks.  Roll Eyes
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2007, 10:52:24 PM »

Obviously, educated people are more likely to vote for people with liberal positions, with a few notable exceptions (petroleum geologists, tobacco lobbyists, CEOs, people who like to screw up other people's lives).  Since BRTD has become a libertarian, sadly, WalterMitty would be best for the educated class.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2007, 01:14:07 PM »

Porce, as far as I can see you're saying two things that have very little to do with each other. That the educated class is liberal has very little to do what is best for them. That would obviously be quite conservative positions.

I feel sorry for Phil by the way who made a reasonably interesting thread and has had to suffer almost exclusively irrelevant replies.

BRTD will obviously never be a very educated person and is thus unlikely to represent the interests if that class. I'd say Phil will probably end up closest to the average educated person of the three so I voted for him. Bu tnone of them is a perfect fit.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2007, 02:22:32 PM »

Porce, as far as I can see you're saying two things that have very little to do with each other. That the educated class is liberal has very little to do what is best for them. That would obviously be quite conservative positions.

I feel sorry for Phil by the way who made a reasonably interesting thread and has had to suffer almost exclusively irrelevant replies.

BRTD will obviously never be a very educated person and is thus unlikely to represent the interests if that class. I'd say Phil will probably end up closest to the average educated person of the three so I voted for him. Bu tnone of them is a perfect fit.

I Purple heart Gustaf.

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »

I was being a hack for the fun of it. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2007, 05:58:08 AM »

That isn't obvious at all Gustaf.  THe only persons who benefit from right-wing positions are a very tiny elite of owners.  The 'educated' make up an enormously greater proportion of the population than do the owners.  In fact of course most educated persons work for a living.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2007, 09:40:28 AM »

The "educated class", whatever that is, are usually well educated people who have no clue what common sense is and are completely out of touch on how things work in the real world. I'm trying to be nice but most people I know would refer to them as "educated idiots".
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies