Will Joe Biden show up for the debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:28:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Joe Biden show up for the debate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will Joe Biden show up for the debate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Will Joe Biden show up for the debate?  (Read 579 times)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2024, 05:11:37 PM »

Nah, unless he’s drugged up.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2024, 05:13:24 PM »

Why wouldn't he?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2024, 05:30:47 PM »

He has way more downside than Trump if he misses out on the debate.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2024, 07:04:39 PM »

I kind of expect it to be cancelled last minute in which case he won't have to.
PRESIDENT STANTON II
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2024, 07:17:17 PM »

If it is cancelled Biden is screwed, as the narrative of Brandon having dementia will take hold firmly. His best option is to show up and hopes that Donald swallows his tongue as if!
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024, 07:26:59 PM »

Yes, and he must.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2024, 07:35:00 PM »

Yes. He will surely prepare some attacks to Trump.
Something like:

'You want Ukraine to fight alone. If Ukraine falls, what would come next? Remember, Ukraine borders with NATO members.'

'Explain me how you would reduce inflation, outside of energy policy'.

'Your party is full of your supporters. We know about the harsh anti-abortion polices that MAGA supporters enforce in Texas. We know about Project 2025. What can assure us that you will be more moderate on this matter?'
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2024, 08:11:17 PM »

Like many members of the Trump cult, the OP has been fed the narrative that Biden is senile and barely functional, despite massive amounts of objective evidence to the contrary.  As such, if Biden does perform competently in the debate, they have already pre-decided that he must have been drugged to help him perform, rather than entertain the possibility that they may have been wrong all along.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2024, 08:33:26 PM »

wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2024, 08:47:13 PM »

They think Obama is in a third term.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2024, 09:07:23 PM »

If you're going to question the President's brain functions, then don't forget the name of your own doctor.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2024, 09:15:29 PM »

Like many members of the Trump cult, the OP has been fed the narrative that Biden is senile and barely functional, despite massive amounts of objective evidence to the contrary.  As such, if Biden does perform competently in the debate, they have already pre-decided that he must have been drugged to help him perform, rather than entertain the possibility that they may have been wrong all along.

It’s not a binary, though. Do you really, in your heart of hearts, think Biden is as sharp as he was in 2015?

It need not be dementia. He has a history of brain bleeds. Could’ve easily had a small stroke that was covered up between 2017-2020. Could be doped up on antidepressants after Beau died.

But the man had a certain vigor, a certain sharpness and quickness mentally. This is the guy who wiped the floor with Paul Ryan in 2012. He isn’t the same. It’s not apostasy to believe your own eyes.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2024, 09:23:31 PM »

It’s not a binary, though. Do you really, in your heart of hearts, think Biden is as sharp as he was in 2015?

It need not be dementia. He has a history of brain bleeds. Could’ve easily had a small stroke that was covered up between 2017-2020. Could be doped up on antidepressants after Beau died.

But the man had a certain vigor, a certain sharpness and quickness mentally. This is the guy who wiped the floor with Paul Ryan in 2012. He isn’t the same. It’s not apostasy to believe your own eyes.

If you’ve read my posts in other threads on this board, you’d know that I certainly acknowledge Biden has declined some in the last few years, but that Trump has declined (and continues to do so) at a more rapid rate than Biden.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2024, 09:30:09 PM »

The way the right talks, all Biden has to do is show up and he'll win.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2024, 10:23:59 PM »

If you’ve read my posts in other threads on this board, you’d know that I certainly acknowledge Biden has declined some in the last few years, but that Trump has declined (and continues to do so) at a more rapid rate than Biden.

I do agree Trump has become a lot more scattered than he once was mentally. Is that dementia? Pre dementia? Maybe. I think he's also gobbling pills by the handful which explains the slurring. I've heard that exact slurring and mumbling of words before and it was someone who'd take one too many Xanax.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2024, 11:36:13 PM »

Trumplethinskin is a coward and a wimp.

If he doesn’t beg off, claiming “liberal media bias” or “the debates are rigged”, he’ll be destroyed by Biden because he has absolutely nothing to offer in terms of policy substance beyond “ ‘Murrica”, “brown people are rapists”, "I love my EEEE-VAN-gelicals”, and “Many people are saying…”

Now, whether voters are intelligent enough to refuse being duped by the Uber-stupid is anyone’s guess.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2024, 12:02:32 AM »

If you had been posting here in 2012, you would have been one of the many people talking about how Biden was too old and needed to be dropped from the ticket. It's the same criticism of him year after year, how a few years ago he was great but suddenly he's not anymore
Obama24
United States
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2024, 12:25:30 AM »

If you had been posting here in 2012, you would have been one of the many people talking about how Biden was too old and needed to be dropped from the ticket. It's the same criticism of him year after year, how a few years ago he was great but suddenly he's not anymore

Actually I watched Biden live on television the night of the debate with Ryan, whom I thought was a creep and a sociopath, and I was incredibly impressed and hoping he would run in 2016. When he didn't run and Hillary did instead, I was greatly disappointed as I felt he could've beaten Trump. Biden is not the same as he was and you cannot blame purely age. Is it dementia? Was it a stroke? Is he hopped upon anti-depressants? I don't know. But he is different. I trust my eyes, I trust my ears.

There is loyalty, and then there is slavish devotion and gaslighting your own self.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2024, 12:29:01 AM »

Actually I watched Biden live on television the night of the debate with Ryan, whom I thought was a creep and a sociopath, and I was incredibly impressed and hoping he would run in 2016. When he didn't run and Hillary did instead, I was greatly disappointed as I felt he could've beaten Trump. Biden is not the same as he was and you cannot blame purely age. Is it dementia? Was it a stroke? Is he hopped upon anti-depressants? I don't know. But he is different. I trust my eyes, I trust my ears.

There is loyalty, and then there is slavish devotion and gaslighting your own self.

Yes, yes, the posters here who said he was having problems back in 2012 and needed to be dropped from the ticket (there were lots of them, just search the archives) all insisted that they thought Biden was fine in 2008/2004/insert whatever year you want, and that their concerns were brand new, even though you can go deeper into the archives and see that actually people were raising those same concerns in 2008, and earlier years. And though this forum didn't exist then obviously, you can look at other sources and see that people were calling Biden a lightweight and mentally not-all-there even back in 1988.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2024, 01:07:47 AM »

Yes, yes, the posters here who said he was having problems back in 2012 and needed to be dropped from the ticket (there were lots of them, just search the archives) all insisted that they thought Biden was fine in 2008/2004/insert whatever year you want, and that their concerns were brand new, even though you can go deeper into the archives and see that actually people were raising those same concerns in 2008, and earlier years. And though this forum didn't exist then obviously, you can look at other sources and see that people were calling Biden a lightweight and mentally not-all-there even back in 1988.

I fail to see the relevance of the opinions of people who posted here in 2012 versus what I have seen and heard from the man myself, with my own eyes and ears. Your argument seems to be because some people felt this way in 2012, that means it is in no way true and he has not changed at all? I fail to see your argument.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2024, 01:13:20 AM »

I fail to see the relevance of the opinions of people who posted here in 2012 versus what I have seen and heard from the man myself, with my own eyes and ears. Your argument seems to be because some people felt this way in 2012, that means it is in no way true and he has not changed at all? I fail to see your argument.

I'm not making an "argument" at all. I'm just pointing out that every election, this board and the media at large makes the same boring arguments: "Joe Biden used to be fine, we thought he was great a few years ago, really! But age has finally caught up to him, and he's just too old." We heard it in 2020, 2016, 2012, 2008, and before that it was just that he's stupid. Somehow his debates with Palin and Ryan have been retconned into everyone thinking he was masterful, when at the time, there was a huge contingent of detractors (both Republicans, and Democrats who preferred a different candidate) saying he was a sundowning old man, slipping away.

If (godwilling) he's re-elected, people are going to talk in 2028 about how the sharp Biden of 2024 is gone now. Just watch.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2024, 01:23:19 AM »

I'm not making an "argument" at all. I'm just pointing out that every election, this board and the media at large makes the same boring arguments: "Joe Biden used to be fine, we thought he was great a few years ago, really! But age has finally caught up to him, and he's just too old." We heard it in 2020, 2016, 2012, 2008, and before that it was just that he's stupid. Somehow his debates with Palin and Ryan have been retconned into everyone thinking he was masterful, when at the time, there was a huge contingent of detractors (both Republicans, and Democrats who preferred a different candidate) saying he was a sundowning old man, slipping away.

If (godwilling) he's re-elected, people are going to talk in 2028 about how the sharp Biden of 2024 is gone now. Just watch.

Truth be told, I do not remember any criticism in the newsphere of his cognitive functioning or any question of it in 2012. The worst criticism that I recall was his laughing and that he was considered overly aggressive.

It was also at a time to me that the Obama administration as a whole felt embattled; ACA was not fully realized, gay marriage had not been legalized nationally, the economy was recovering but weakly. As I remember it, it was not a fun time to be a Democrat and one had to make excuses.

I recall Biden being on the defensive and also aggressively offensive due to these perceived weaknesses or vulnerabilities.

I don't recall anyone in the newsphere or even in my college political science classes at that time questioning he was demented.

We all knew Joe made gaffes and put his foot in his mouth at times, but I do not genuinely recall a question of senility. This was the same guy who made the infamous 7-11 gaffe in what, 2007? That was just who he was. He was the funny uncle who sometimes said off the wall things. But when push came to shove, he was fierce.

But he did have vigor then. He did have, to use an Irish American expression, "p*ss and vinegar." He doesn't now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2024, 06:39:53 AM »

I think he wants to disspell the notion he is weak on the border because Rs blocked the Border Bill
kwabbit

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2024, 09:58:01 AM »

Do people think they are both not frequently on prescription stimulants? They both SHOULD be on stimulants so they have the energy to perform the most stressful and draining job on earth. We know for a fact that stimulants were abound in Trump's White House. Both of them have distinct high-energy states that are very likely from amphetamines. Why do people think Biden is quiet and subdued most of the time and then is yelling for his important speeches?
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2024, 11:46:24 AM »

Do people think they are both not frequently on prescription stimulants? They both SHOULD be on stimulants so they have the energy to perform the most stressful and draining job on earth. We know for a fact that stimulants were abound in Trump's White House. Both of them have distinct high-energy states that are very likely from amphetamines. Why do people think Biden is quiet and subdued most of the time and then is yelling for his important speeches?

based and prescription-stimulant-pilled  Sunglasses
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies