What if Taylor Swift ran for president? Could she win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:59:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What if Taylor Swift ran for president? Could she win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could Taylor Swift win the presidency?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: What if Taylor Swift ran for president? Could she win?  (Read 578 times)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2024, 03:07:14 PM »

What would be a good ticket? Obviously as a Democrat.

Swift 2028? With the right running mate, why not?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 09:17:28 PM »

What would be a good ticket? Obviously as a Democrat.

Swift 2028? With the right running mate, why not?
She has no political experience. Also, Trump had a better argument to be President as he could tap into people's hatred.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 04:48:34 AM »

It's a Gov Story.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 07:41:11 PM »

I don't think it would be possible for her to secure the Democratic nomination, but if she did I think she'd be at least average as a general election candidate in terms of electability, if not better.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2024, 02:36:48 PM »

I think the only path for her would be being mayor of Nashville first and then go to the presidential primaries.
Or maybe hope a fairer House map and become the Sonny Bono of the left.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2024, 05:58:22 PM »

She'd lose every single competitive state.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2024, 07:14:19 PM »

At this point I’d support a motion to replace Biden with her at the convention. Unironically. Sure we’d probably still lose but at least it would be interesting and we might just have a fighting chance. It would generate excitement and change the narrative and might bring some young voters back if nothing else. This slow motion walk to defeat we’re currently on is driving me insane. Many times when watching Holocaust movies or whatever and they have them dig their own graves and just kneel as they’re about to get shot in the back of the head, I’ve often wondered “WTF? Why are you not at least trying to fight back??? Sure you’ll almost certainly die anyway but that way you at least go down swinging!” Now I’m seeing this in action, in real time, with the Democratic Party. We are digging our own grave and just accepting the impending execution as inevitable. Trying almost ANYTHING else would be worthy if only for the sake of posterity. Simply lying down and taking it is unacceptable. I had foolishly started to warm up to and accept Biden as the nominee myself until that damn Selzer poll. I already suspected the situation in the Midwest was far more grim than most polls (which were already not great) were showing. Now I am absolutely certain he’s a dead man walking. The only solace I can imagine taking from the election at this point is that at least Hillary (who I have always vastly preferred in my heart) will no longer be the biggest or only loser to Donald Trump after this election. I suspect it won’t even be close.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2024, 08:30:47 PM »

Biden has a fighting chance as he's already the President and was Obama's Vice President. Taylor Swift is a pop star with no political experience. We saw Trump pull it off with his likely only victory due to a fluke and he was appealing to a much older audience with his hatred.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2024, 09:37:06 PM »

See my signature for my thoughts on this matter.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2024, 10:42:47 PM »

Biden has a fighting chance as he's already the President and was Obama's Vice President. Taylor Swift is a pop star with no political experience. We saw Trump pull it off with his likely only victory due to a fluke and he was appealing to a much older audience with his hatred.

Trump appeals to stupid people who vote, Taylor Swift appeals to stupid people who don't vote.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2024, 09:41:17 AM »

Trump appeals to stupid people who vote, Taylor Swift appeals to stupid people who don't vote.
Exactly, many swifties are literally too young to vote.
Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2024, 02:08:20 PM »

Exactly, many swifties are literally too young to vote.
I am still struggling to fathom the fact that an 18-year-old today would have been approximately six years old when the Red album, which shot her to public prominence and pop radio station playlists alike, came out.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2024, 02:57:14 PM »

I think she would flame out badly. That often happens with super-hyped potential candidates, especially when they have no experience with running campaigns and are all of a sudden under a lot of scrutiny from their opponents and the press. That's also why I believe Michelle Obama wouldn't be such as strong candidate as suggested, albeit a stronger than Swift as she has been much closer to the actual political arena.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies