while you were worried about two gays getting married....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:45:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  while you were worried about two gays getting married....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: while you were worried about two gays getting married....  (Read 3226 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 08:09:02 PM »

I'm certainly still more worried about what would happen if gay marriage was legalized then if you had health care.  But I am more worried about UHC being reality than gay marriage
And you're pro-life?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 09:48:12 PM »

Why don't we have an independent post this or a someone from a party who didn't create the situation or cares about it. Then we can see some credibility of how a person actually cares about the subject.

Perhaps if you saw people as people instead of as party labels, you would recognize that WalterMitty is not exactly your average Republican.
It doesn't matter if you can't take the person seriously. It's like a slave owner trying to be an abolitionist. My other comparison was a little to controversial.

Nice try, but bzzt...comparing waltermitty's republican affliation to a slave owner trying to be an abolitionist doesn't work.

try again.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 11:00:24 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2007, 11:05:38 PM by Verily »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, you're wrong.  The 'complete collapse' of the industry you mention was caused by right-wing political actions.

Zuh?  Overseas car manufacturers do not have the same burden for covering health care costs of current and past employees, which gives them a massive competitive advantage.

I know you want to be partisan and rah-rah-Democrat-boom-bah, but, seriously, come on.

Well, one could certainly make the argument that opposition to health care is a right-wing political action. Of course, that's not what opebo meant. Presumably, he was referring to NAFTA and other globalization, in which case he was simply further demonstrating his idiocy. (Else, he was referring to unions, which there really are no "right-wing policies" regulating.)
Conan
conan

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 11:02:14 PM »

Why don't we have an independent post this or a someone from a party who didn't create the situation or cares about it. Then we can see some credibility of how a person actually cares about the subject.

Perhaps if you saw people as people instead of as party labels, you would recognize that WalterMitty is not exactly your average Republican.
It doesn't matter if you can't take the person seriously. It's like a slave owner trying to be an abolitionist. My other comparison was a little to controversial.

Nice try, but bzzt...comparing waltermitty's republican affliation to a slave owner trying to be an abolitionist doesn't work.

try again.
My other comparison is too controversial so I won't say it. The fact is, it is just hypocritical.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 11:03:31 PM »

try again.

My other comparison is too controversial so I won't say it. The fact is, it is just hypocritical.

The silent Godwin?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 11:21:25 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2007, 03:11:04 PM by Tammany Hall Republican »

What the hell does the 'health care crisis' have to do with the drop in median income?  True, both are terribly damaging to the working class, and both are caused by de-unionization and lack of State redistribution or Keyensian policies generally, but the health care crisis does not itself cause the drop in the median income.

uhhh opebo, dont act silly.

the more an employer has to pay in health benefits, less money is available for wages.

you know as well as anyone, that the number one concern of a corporation is to show a profit to its shareholders.

Pshaw, Mitty.  All they have to do is stop paying health benefits - problem solved.  What's to stop them once the union is gone?

What the hell does the 'health care crisis' have to do with the drop in median income?

The "health care crisis" has contributed significantly to the complete collapse of the U.S. automotive manufacturing industry.  They are continuously slashing jobs and closing plants because they're constantly fighting a losing battle against healthcare costs.

Well...that, and really sh**tty car models.

No, you're wrong.  The 'complete collapse' of the industry you mention was caused by right-wing political actions.

Opebo, you blaming "right-wing political actions" for the collapse of the automotive manufacturing industry in North America is simply ridiculous.   

The "complete collapse" of the automotive manufacturing industry in North America, although it is not in a state of "complete collapse" at this time, nonetheless, it is in serious trouble, is not caused by "right-wing actions" as you say, Opebo, but rather, the reason for the current dismal state of the auto industry in North America is due to the constant, excessive, unreasonable, exorbitant, demands made by the spoiled, corrupt, patronage ridden, crony infested, nepotistic laden trade unions, and frankly, the utter stupidity of management in acquiescing to this pampered brotherhood of malcontents in work boots and hard hats.

Pertaining to health care costs, a case in point, there can be no doubt that health care costs for corporations have been driven up to excessive levels due to union demands, as I have mentioned above.

The power of these corrupt, undemocratic, and fraudulent trade unions must be curbed and controlled.

It is time for some good old fashioned union busting.   
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 11:41:38 PM »

try again.

You probably shouldn't have tried to make any comparisons in the first place. You don't seem up to the task.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 11:52:34 PM »

If you can't take the person seriously because of the color of their avatar, exactly whose problem is that?
Conan
conan

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2007, 12:02:44 AM »

If you can't take the person seriously because of the color of their avatar, exactly whose problem is that?
Did you have problems with connecting the dots now or puzzles when you were a child?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 02:04:45 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Zuh?  Overseas car manufacturers do not have the same burden for covering health care costs of current and past employees, which gives them a massive competitive advantage.

I know you want to be partisan and rah-rah-Democrat-boom-bah, but, seriously, come on.

Well, one could certainly make the argument that opposition to health care is a right-wing political action. Of course, that's not what opebo meant. Presumably, he was referring to NAFTA and other globalization, in which case he was simply further demonstrating his idiocy. (Else, he was referring to unions, which there really are no "right-wing policies" regulating.)

Verily, I was refering to the replacement of unionized workers in one locale with more oppressed workers in another locale.   This has nothing to do with 'competitiveness' or 'globalization' in the sense that  you use the terms (and with such overweaning hubris I might add). 

These actions are simply the use of force by the politically powerful.  All your talk of markets, competitiveness, and the ridiculous public/private divide is mere window dressing - propaganda which effectly prevents serfs such as you from understanding the nature of the society in which you are enmired.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies