The Atlantic: The Young Voters Who Don’t Really Know Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:22:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlantic: The Young Voters Who Don’t Really Know Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Atlantic: The Young Voters Who Don’t Really Know Donald Trump  (Read 822 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2024, 11:09:03 PM »
« edited: May 21, 2024, 11:19:05 PM by ProgressiveModerate »

I saw a reddit thread where someone who was born in 2005 had just found out that same sex marriage wasn't legalized nationwide until 2015 and was shocked. This will be the first election they're eligible to vote in.

Freshly indoctrinated and blackmailed into, probably, supporting Biden sadly enough. They'll reap the consequences with continued inflation.
It just a reddit thing, go on youtube twitter whatever and you see a lot of gen z people supporting Donald trump and making pro-trump memes and videos and that
Hell i check and most redditor say they only support Joe because they think trump is worser and even that now not working as effectively before.

Feel like it depends on the platform.

Generally I find young people on Reddit to lean Biden. YouTube is mixed but I’d say lean Biden as well thought he Trump voices are louder. I also find that generally more niche sort of forums (I.e. atlas) have more young left leaning young hand unless the topic is more predisposed to being right wing like gun, bitcoin, or bodybuilding forums.

I find Trump supporting people to be prominent on Instagram - I’m not sure if it’s that the Trump voices but I almost never se pro-Biden/pro-Dem content on there. I wonder if it’s in part due to the more visual nature of the app - it seems like Trump supporters generally tend to be more extroverted in their support in terms of wearing MAGA merch or covering their home with political flags.

TikTok and Twitter are both really mixed vibes. TikTok definitely has a lot of politically more disengaged young people or the types who don’t vote or vote third party for weird reasons. Twitter used to be more liberal but Musk’s takeover and him messing with the algorithm has changed it.
True your right about most thing and youtube i feel like is a bit center and depends on what videos your watching and what the political leaning of the channel
And tiktok well as you said disengaged youth who either are far-left or far-right
And twitter? used to be leftists but now it quite conservative.

Popular platforms like YT/TikTok basically work by constructing a bubble around you. If I were to go off my YT/X/TikTok feed then Biden is about to lose in a 50 state rout.

Reddit is a Biden echo chamber since it's pretty much just jealous losers in dead-end IT/customer service jobs.

Honestly a large subset of these people on all these platforms are “losers” are different ways. Many of the conservatives I see on Instagram are “losers” in the sense they seem very gullible to hustle culture bitcoin type scams and complain about their inability to get laid on many reels talking about issues of gender.

No. Reddit has a particularly insectoid type of loser. They hate anyone having anything more than them. Have a car?  you. A wife?  you. Homeowner? Better believe,  you.

They’re so deeply alienated from one another that any “advice” they give in relating to another person, works through the medium of another person. Any relationship needs therapy, any workplace friction needs HR. They are lost.

I don’t disagree that Reddit has many “losers” on it, but that doesn’t refute my point that Instagram does as well.

I think in general political extremism in either direction correlates with being a “loser”. Holding e trend beliefs indicates significant dissatisfaction and likely anger, alongside low social trust.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2024, 01:54:42 AM »

Reddit is a Biden echo chamber since it's pretty much just jealous losers in dead-end IT/customer service jobs.

Aww, bless your heart.

The only "losers" are people who look down on those doing an honest day's work.
He was being way way too nice and generous to redditors
Redditors are usually 30+ landwhales berniebros that spend hours on r/politics updooting articles they don't even read and downdooting articles they don't like and reporting the person who posted it.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2024, 01:58:11 AM »

Aww, bless your heart.

Redditors are usually 30+ landwhales berniebros that spend hours on r/politics updooting articles they don't even read and downdooting articles they don't like and reporting the person who posted it.
I go on reddit often but really only subs under 50-100k members (and mostly those in the 1-10k range) because once it hits that point the quality goes downhill quickly. Reddit can be great for some niche communities but the big subs are usually sad, unfunny places.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2024, 02:04:00 AM »

Aww, bless your heart.

I go on reddit often but really only subs under 50-100k members (and mostly those in the 1-10k range) because once it hits that point the quality goes downhill quickly. Reddit can be great for some niche communities but the big subs are usually sad, unfunny places.
The reason that happen is because usually when a sub hit 50-100k members the original mods can't handle the influx and hire new mods which usually are the mods of like a hundred other subreddits and once they been hired they take control and ruin it
That a reason why the big subs are so awful they runned by the same people and also why reddit is so leftists the big mods there are leftists and since they in a power trip ban anybody expect leftists.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2024, 02:46:47 AM »

"Young voters who don't really know Donald Trump" are not voters, lmao. These people don't exist. 18-22 year-olds are absolutely not too young to remember what Trump was like in office, for God's sake. These types of pundits can't bring themselves to acknowledge or admit that Biden and the Democratic Party in general are failing to reach these voters.

They're undecided, so therefore they must've never heard of Trump. They've heard of him, they know him well, and many of them still don't care to vote for one reason or another. You can complain that it's because these voters are stupid (they are), but what's the Democrats' excuse? If the voters are stupid then you have to try and appeal to stupid people. Republicans mastered this towards the end of the 20th century. The Democrats need to quit complaining and figure out how to convince these morons to vote for them.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2024, 02:48:51 AM »

Aww, bless your heart.

The reason that happen is because usually when a sub hit 50-100k members the original mods can't handle the influx and hire new mods which usually are the mods of like a hundred other subreddits and once they been hired they take control and ruin it
That a reason why the big subs are so awful they runned by the same people and also why reddit is so leftists the big mods there are leftists and since they in a power trip ban anybody expect leftists.
yeah, the only time the big reddit mods did anything good it didn't even last 2 days with the protest against the API changes
AlterEgo

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2024, 06:50:17 AM »

Aww, bless your heart.

Ok, and that's fine. You and he want to rip on Redditors just for being Redditors or lots of other things they do, that's one thing. To rip on people for the job that they do because y'all don't think that makes them "good enough" despite the fact that it's honest, necessary work is highly cringeworthy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2024, 07:18:50 AM »

I saw a reddit thread where someone who was born in 2005 had just found out that same sex marriage wasn't legalized nationwide until 2015 and was shocked. This will be the first election they're eligible to vote in.

Freshly indoctrinated and blackmailed into, probably, supporting Biden sadly enough. They'll reap the consequences with continued inflation.

How does Trump plan to reduce inflation? I'm genuinely curious, or are you just trolling?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2024, 07:41:20 PM »

How does Trump plan to reduce inflation? I'm genuinely curious, or are you just trolling?

he's gonna ban deviantart.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies