Who will win this?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:21:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who will win this?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: 88 day poll
Biden

Trump

too close to call

too early to call

Other answer

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Who will win this?  (Read 938 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2024, 04:59:39 PM »

I did a similar poll recently, but this time, I suggest that you pick one of the first two options unless you feel that you can not.

However I am choosing the fourth option this time.
I have no idea who wins.

If the polls are accurate, Biden is in big trouble, but there is plenty of time to turn this around.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 05:00:44 PM »

Trump. Not only is Biden going to lose, he's trying to lose.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 05:04:11 PM »

What makes you think that he is trying to lose?
Why would he want Trump to win?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 05:05:51 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 05:39:26 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Somewhere between too early and too close.

I've kind of finally been beaten down enough where I am getting concerned...at least somewhat. Very little seems to be moving the needle in Biden's favor, though Trump's leads in certain polls also border on fantastical. In five months a lot already happened, and a lot more is still coming around the corner where Biden still shouldn't be written off, and Trump shouldn't be considered a shoo-in: the verdict in the New York trial, June Supreme Court rulings, Trump's running mate announcement, the conventions, and third party status as the months go on, to name a few. The 2022 midterms didn't really change as a picture until the Dobbs decision and the special elections afterwards after all.

I will maintain that Trump does not win the popular vote or win in anywhere near a landslide. He only wins due to third parties or an enthusiasm gap-much like 2016. Hell, I don't even think he wins the rust belt trio-if at all-by more than a point from his 2016 margins. And Arizona and Georgia will surely vote to the left of where they were in 2016 if he wins them.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 05:06:58 PM »

He's flip-flopping on Israel/Gaza instead of taking a position and sticking to it. It might be a lose-lose situation, but he's managing to infuriate both sides. As to why he wants Trump to win, I'm not entirely sure - that's the main hole. Maybe he doesn't want to deliver what his base wants. But if he didn't want to be President anymore, he shouldn't have run for reelection.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 05:11:54 PM »

My prediction is consistent with a narrow Biden victory and feeling better than pre sotu
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 05:13:01 PM »

He's flip-flopping on Israel/Gaza instead of taking a position and sticking to it. It might be a lose-lose situation, but he's managing to infuriate both sides. As to why he wants Trump to win, I'm not entirely sure - that's the main hole. Maybe he doesn't want to deliver what his base wants. But if he didn't want to be President anymore, he shouldn't have run for reelection.
I don't think that he'd be running if he didn't want to win.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2024, 05:13:58 PM »

I don't think that he'd be running if he didn't want to win.

He's running because his handlers want him to.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2024, 05:14:40 PM »

I've kind of finally been beaten down enough where I am getting concerned...at least somewhat. In five months a lot already happened, and a lot more is still coming around the corner where Biden still shouldn't be written off, and Trump shouldn't be considered a shoo-in.

I will maintain that Trump does not win the popular vote or win in anywhere near a landslide. He only wins due to third parties or an enthusiasm gap-much like 2016. Hell, I don't even think he wins the rust belt trio-if at all-by more than a point from his 2016 margins.
I agree with most of this.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2024, 05:15:22 PM »

Trump, though neither side is running a good campaign. Biden should just not be running again after 9% inflation.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2024, 05:35:46 PM »

I've kind of finally been beaten down enough where I am getting concerned...at least somewhat. In five months a lot already happened, and a lot more is still coming around the corner where Biden still shouldn't be written off, and Trump shouldn't be considered a shoo-in.

I will maintain that Trump does not win the popular vote or win in anywhere near a landslide. He only wins due to third parties or an enthusiasm gap-much like 2016. Hell, I don't even think he wins the rust belt trio-if at all-by more than a point from his 2016 margins.
Do you think Biden will continue to slowly recover like what has been seen of the last two or so months?
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2024, 05:37:26 PM »

Do you think Biden will continue to slowly recover like what has been seen of the last two or so months?
It looked like Biden stalled out after early April.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2024, 05:38:31 PM »

I think he will win enough support to win the popular vote for sure. How the electoral college pans out is going to be determined by how much he wins by.

I personally think he will win it by about three points, as of today, but I'm very iffy on which battleground states go to him with that margin, if any.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2024, 05:42:05 PM »

I think he will win enough support to win the popular vote for sure. How the electoral college pans out is going to be determined by how much he wins by.

I personally think he will win it by about three points, as of today, but I'm very iffy on which battleground states go to him with that margin, if any.
That should be enough to get him 2020-one or two states
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2024, 06:03:05 PM »

Biden. 303 freiwall. I trust olawakandi.
THKL
Rookie
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2024, 06:32:15 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 07:00:58 PM by THKL »

This.

Aiding and abetting the Genocide of Gaza, thus causing low turnout and increased Third Party voting among Young Progressive, Arab/Muslim, and Black voters (most are rightly sympathetic to Palestinian liberation due to the obvious Anti-Racist/Colonialist similarities with the Civil Rights movement), which he needs to win re-election, with this causing him to lose Michigan (massive Arab/Muslim population in Dearborn, massive Black population in Detroit, and lost of Young Progressives at several Big State Universities), which combined with the fact that he is losing the Sun Belt swing states he won in 2020 (AZ/GA/NV are going Trump+5), due to Hispanics swinging Republican (primarily due to their Social Conservatism, the perception that Trump symbolizes “Machismo”, and the fact that second/third-generation Immigrants are known to assimilate into mainstream White culture and start resenting new immigrants, especially “undocumented” ones), and the aforementioned low Black and Youth turnout, with this also meaning that all 2020 Trump states will vote for Trump again (NC will be Trump+5, while TX/FL/OH/IA will all be Trump+10), cause him to lose the election to Trump, 😂🤣🤢🤮SadCry!  Their are small signs that Biden is starting to realize his massive blunder and will seek to distance himself from (and hopefully stop funding/arming) the Genocide of Gaza, but I will have to see it to believe it, Wink + Tongue!
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2024, 06:33:55 PM »

This.

Aiding and abetting the Genocide of Gaza, thus causing low turnout and increased Third Party voting among Young Progressives, Arabs/Muslims, and Blacks (most are rightly sympathetic to Palestinian liberation due to the obvious Anti-Racist/Colonialist similarities with the Civil Rights movement), which he needs to win re-election, with this causing him to lose Michigan, which combined with the fact that he is losing the Sun Belt swing states (AZ/GA/NV/NC), due to Hispanics swinging Republican (primarily due to their Social Conservatism, the perception that Trump symbolizes “Machismo”, and the fact that second/third-generation Immigrants are known to assimilate into mainstream White culture and start resenting new immigrants, especially “undocumented” ones), and the aforementioned low Black and Youth turnout, will cause him to lose the election to Trump, 🤢🤮 SadCry!  Their are small signs that Biden is starting to realize his massive blunder and will seek to distance himself from (and hopefully stop funding/arming) the Genocide of Gaza, but I will have to see it to believe it, Wink + Tongue!
I lost brain cells reading that.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2024, 08:44:14 PM »

I did a similar poll recently, but this time, I suggest that you pick one of the first two options unless you feel that you can not.

I have no idea who wins.

If the polls are accurate, Biden is in big trouble, but there is plenty of time to turn this around.

Adding the too early or too close to call options is stupid, because nobody in reality can call it now. Anyone who claims they can call the race don't know what they talk about.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2024, 09:24:32 PM »

Absolutely garbage take from a garbage poster.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2024, 10:41:03 PM »

I have no idea who wins.

Adding the too early or too close to call options is stupid, because nobody in reality can call it now. Anyone who claims they can call the race don't know what they talk about.

Unless someone wants to introduce me to President Dukakis or President Perot
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2024, 11:00:40 PM »

President Dukakis or President Perot

It would be pretty funny showing this thread to someone from that time period. They'd probably think the Biden-Trump rematch in this presidential contest was occurring three or four decades ago, not today!
Obama24
United States
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2024, 01:34:45 AM »

Have you ever considered that it's less that Biden wants to lose, and more that he's just not that great of a politician?
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2024, 01:38:24 AM »

Trump is going to win and i got feeling that he might even get the popular vote
It mid to late may and uh things are not looking Good for joe and with the fact trump have taken the strategy of trying to stay a bit quiet so the media focus on Biden to make him the fool candidate and doing rally in states that either swing or barely support biden it seem like trump going to win this election.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2024, 01:41:20 AM »

It mid to late may and uh things are not looking Good for joe and with the fact trump have taken the strategy of trying to stay a bit quiet so the media focus on Biden to make him the fool candidate and doing rally in states that either swing or barely support biden it seem like trump going to win this election.

Trump may win, but he'll never, ever win the popular vote.

Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2024, 01:52:37 AM »

Trump may win, but he'll never, ever win the popular vote.

Well your right for now but that might change, a few months ago i thought trump was certified to lose this election and Biden would get a another 4 years but now? things look bright for Donnie so with maybe a bit of Israel situation or some inflation that might increases Trump odds of winning.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies