Trump to hold rally in the South Bronx
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:42:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump to hold rally in the South Bronx
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Trump to hold rally in the South Bronx  (Read 2107 times)
Obama24
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2024, 01:22:03 PM »

A friend I know lives in the Bronx. She is 27. She claims everyone she knows (beyond family) supports Trump and most of the POC she knows want to vote for him.

Another friend of mine, a Dominican male in Brooklyn I once worked for, is excited to vote for Trump. His girlfriend is voting for Biden.

Black friend my godfathers son is a security guard in Brooklyn, plans to vote Trump as he felt the economy was better even if he thinks Trump is a loser

Italian friend in Bensonhurst wants to vote Biden as he feels Trump is a traitor who should be in prison, his wife feels the same.

Lebanese barber who used to cut my hair, Bay Ridge, said he’s voting Trump because of Gaza

Former neighbor 50s I speak to still lives in Bay Ridge was a lifetime Democrat but will vote Trump because of Gaza

My sister (age 50) in bay ridge will vote Trump due to the Muslim presence in bay ridge that she despises

My soon to be roomate, aged 43, conspiracy theorist, in Bay Ridge, wants to vote Trump for reasons I can’t say against Biden.

A girl I know aged 33 in north Brooklyn wants to vote either Biden, or RFK JR, but she’s said if it’s between either it’ll likely be RFK JR.

My other sister (age 51) in Staten Island favors but is not committed to voting Trump as she wants the 2019 economy back

My other sister (44), near Bath Beach, will vote Trump.

All of the above are working class people, not wealthy or even middle class.

Hmmmmmmmm…..does this add up to anyone else?

It does if you consider people vote for the same things for different reasons.
Not everyone who voted in favor of the 64 civil rights act did it to honor John Kennedy or to make America more equal, some who did felt that passing it would make black people shut up

So you’re telling me that someone who is very pro Arab/Muslim and someone who is very anti-Arab/Muslim are both voting for Trump based on his views about Arabs and Muslims? And that this is supposed to represent a massive trend that will propel Trump to a glorious victory?

Sure, Jan

Never said it was a trend. But I think there are more Muslims than you realize that are deeply unhappy with Biden who would normally vote Democratic. That normally would hate Trump.

A trend I do think we will see is lack of voting by Muslims and 18-24 years old, and also increased voting for Trump by Muslims too. Those are trends I think we will see
GAinDC

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2024, 01:27:01 PM »

A friend I know lives in the Bronx. She is 27. She claims everyone she knows (beyond family) supports Trump and most of the POC she knows want to vote for him.

Another friend of mine, a Dominican male in Brooklyn I once worked for, is excited to vote for Trump. His girlfriend is voting for Biden.

Black friend my godfathers son is a security guard in Brooklyn, plans to vote Trump as he felt the economy was better even if he thinks Trump is a loser

Italian friend in Bensonhurst wants to vote Biden as he feels Trump is a traitor who should be in prison, his wife feels the same.

Lebanese barber who used to cut my hair, Bay Ridge, said he’s voting Trump because of Gaza

Former neighbor 50s I speak to still lives in Bay Ridge was a lifetime Democrat but will vote Trump because of Gaza

My sister (age 50) in bay ridge will vote Trump due to the Muslim presence in bay ridge that she despises

My soon to be roomate, aged 43, conspiracy theorist, in Bay Ridge, wants to vote Trump for reasons I can’t say against Biden.

A girl I know aged 33 in north Brooklyn wants to vote either Biden, or RFK JR, but she’s said if it’s between either it’ll likely be RFK JR.

My other sister (age 51) in Staten Island favors but is not committed to voting Trump as she wants the 2019 economy back

Not everyone who voted in favor of the 64 civil rights act did it to honor John Kennedy or to make America more equal, some who did felt that passing it would make black people shut up

So you’re telling me that someone who is very pro Arab/Muslim and someone who is very anti-Arab/Muslim are both voting for Trump based on his views about Arabs and Muslims? And that this is supposed to represent a massive trend that will propel Trump to a glorious victory?

Sure, Jan

Never said it was a trend. But I think there are more Muslims than you realize that are deeply unhappy with Biden who would normally vote Democratic. That normally would hate Trump.

A trend I do think we will see is lack of voting by Muslims and 18-24 years old, and also increased voting for Trump by Muslims too. Those are trends I think we will see

I’m very aware of this. I’m pretty looped into the Arab advocacy community here in DC due to a previous job.

I’m just questioning whether that anger will cause them to vote for Trump, considering his many controversial statement and policies towards the Muslim community and the well known Islamophobia of some of his supporters (one of which you mentioned).

I think the angriest will just stay home, vote third party or leave the presidential ballot blank. Ultimately, though, most will still vote Biden because they know Trump will be worse for Gaza and Muslim Americans.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2024, 01:31:14 PM »

Every single person I know in Washington, DC is voting for Biden.

Therefore, Biden will win in a landslide!

(I think you’d better be careful extrapolating too much from personal anecdotes. And knowing you’re such a Biden basher, I bet some of these people are probably just telling you what you want to hear.)
Hey we have to give credit, DC will always vote democrat no matter what biden could burn a orphanage down and if he still the dem candidate they would still vote for him
But new York city? the city that the entire reason new york have voted dem since 88 with that many people planning to vote for trump, if that is true that things might not be looking up for the dems
But still we see how popular trump is when he hold that rally.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2024, 01:33:44 PM »

Every single person I know in Washington, DC is voting for Biden.

Oh.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2024, 02:08:28 PM »

The idea that he won’t find enough people to fill the rally is a bit ludicrous. You only need 1,000 people or so. The weird thing here is there’s no reason to campaign in a safe state especially among such a Democratic community. It’s like if Biden decided to randomly campaign in rural TN, I think everyone would see that as a waste of campaign resources.
Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2024, 02:10:59 PM »

The idea that he won’t find enough people to fill the rally is a bit ludicrous. You only need 1,000 people or so. The weird thing here is there’s no reason to campaign in a safe state especially among such a Democratic community. It’s like if Biden decided to randomly campaign in rural TN, I think everyone would see that as a waste of campaign resources.
Biden would not randomly campaign in rural Tennessee. Everybody loves Dolly Parton!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2024, 02:15:10 PM »

Biden would not randomly campaign in rural Tennessee. Everybody loves Dolly Parton!

I was more so thinking the non touristy rural areas of the state. Also a fundraiser with Dolly Parton is different from a rally in Lawrence County, TN.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2024, 05:10:27 PM »

I think the angriest will just stay home, vote third party or leave the presidential ballot blank. Ultimately, though, most will still vote Biden because they know Trump will be worse for Gaza and Muslim Americans.

I think the discontent runs deeper than you give it credit for. There’s still time for things to change, though.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2024, 07:26:03 PM »

I think the discontent runs deeper than you give it credit for. There’s still time for things to change, though.

I think there are many groups using Israeli/Gaza as a reason to express deeper anger towards Biden.

1. I made a thread about this a while back but many Arab Americans were already going to flip to Trump or at least not vote for Biden pre-10/7 due to some of their more socially conservative religious views. This can be shown in the 2022 midterm results where places like Dearborn and Hamtramack in MI were the only parts of the state to swing hard right from 2020 Pres --> 2022 Gov and this was pre 10/7.

2. Many progressives who were never going to vote for Biden - many of whom perhaps didn't vote for him in 2020 or Clinton in 2016. These types are angry and want to burn the system down which they don't see Biden as the right person for. There are so many cases I've seen online where a progressive twitter or Instagram account says "I'm so fed up and won't be voting for Biden" - then people go back through their history and finds they were never a Dem voter in the first place.

3. This sort of ties into the last group but young people with a lot of economic anxiety. Many of the biggest economic problems right now (i.e. high housing prices) disproportionately affect young people while things that are doing well (i.e. the stock market) tend to not matter as much to younger folks. I  think many of these types use Israeli-Gaza as a vehicle to express their anger when the root of it is more based around the economy.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2024, 07:26:34 PM »

I think there are many groups using Israeli/Gaza as a reason to express deeper anger towards Biden.

1. I made a thread about this a while back but many Arab Americans were already going to flip to Trump or at least not vote for Biden pre-10/7 due to some of their more socially conservative religious views. This can be shown in the 2022 midterm results where places like Dearborn and Hamtramack in MI were the only parts of the state to swing hard right from 2020 Pres --> 2022 Gov and this was pre 10/7.

2. Many progressives who were never going to vote for Biden - many of whom perhaps didn't vote for him in 2020 or Clinton in 2016. These types are angry and want to burn the system down which they don't see Biden as the right person for. There are so many cases I've seen online where a progressive twitter or Instagram account says "I'm so fed up and won't be voting for Biden" - then people go back through their history and finds they were never a Dem voter in the first place.

3. This sort of ties into the last group but young people with a lot of economic anxiety. Many of the biggest economic problems right now (i.e. high housing prices) disproportionately affect young people while things that are doing well (i.e. the stock market) tend to not matter as much to younger folks. I  think many of these types use Israeli-Gaza as a vehicle to express their anger when the root of it is more based around the economy.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2024, 08:16:10 PM »

Sure, Jan

I’m very aware of this. I’m pretty looped into the Arab advocacy community here in DC due to a previous job.

I’m just questioning whether that anger will cause them to vote for Trump, considering his many controversial statement and policies towards the Muslim community and the well known Islamophobia of some of his supporters (one of which you mentioned).

Americans aren´t all smart pragmatic strategic voters, don´t you know?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2024, 08:34:27 PM »

Biden needs to hold rally in TX forget FL Simone Simon said FL isn't a Battleground anymore since Nelson lost and Rubio and Scott are the heir apparent
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2024, 10:09:13 PM »

Just a reminder NYC alone had 700k Trump voters in 2020. You can easily get over 2 million adding in adjacent counties. For reference Trump got just 1.6 million votes in the entire state of WI in 2020. Just because NYC area is so blue topline doesn't mean Trump will struggle to get a rally just because of how dense the NYC area is there is also a relatively high density of Trump supporters.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2024, 02:32:53 AM »

Places like Dearborn and Hamtramack in MI were the only parts of the state to swing hard right from 2020 Pres --> 2022 Gov.

Which is to say that Trump has a track record of underperforming “generic R candidate” among these voters. Which is not a great sign that Trump will do great among this group in 2024.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2024, 02:47:18 AM »

It's obviously close to the courthouse on a day he's in court. But still LOL. That's in the congressional district where the Republican nominee lost 97-3 in 2008.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2024, 03:41:39 AM »

Imagine if he gets convicted like 2 hours before this rally starts. I'm pretty sure he would remain free, but is he still going to go?? lol.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2024, 04:19:31 AM »

Nice to see the parties getting out of their geographical echo chambers. Biden should hold a series of rallies in rural Oklahoma on a similar basis.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2024, 04:22:44 AM »

Nice to see the parties getting out of their geographical echo chambers. Biden should hold a series of rallies in rural Oklahoma on a similar basis.

Trump goes to meet his voter in Kalowoa county HI while Biden meets his 4 voters in Loving county TX.
GAinDC

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2024, 06:49:40 AM »

He’s really not though. The attendees will still be MAGA Republicans.

it’s just optics, which I why I think this is actually a good move by Trump and I hope Biden responds by doing something similar.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2024, 06:21:33 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2024, 08:06:31 PM »

dspNY
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2024, 08:24:52 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 08:28:45 PM by dspNY »

As someone who has been to Crotona Park many times, a crowd of a couple thousand is nothing. More people than that pass through that park daily. In May and June you could see more people than that (mostly kids and their teachers) from school outings on a given day (at the end of the school year)
dspNY
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2024, 08:35:31 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 08:45:34 PM by dspNY »

The Bronx would also be a pretty large city in its own right were it not a borough of NYC. Almost 1.5 million people live there. There are only 6 cities in the US other than NYC that have a greater population than the Bronx. Trump gets larger crowds in suburbs with a fraction of the population the Bronx has. He got a crowd 5-6 times this size at Wildwood which is a fraction of the size of the Bronx (and I'll tip my hat to that, that actually was impressive).

The Bronx actually has more people living in it than San Diego or Dallas. If Trump got a crowd of a couple thousand in Dallas we'd be laughing at him
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2024, 08:52:20 PM »

The Bronx would also be a pretty large city in its own right were it not a borough of NYC. Almost 1.5 million people live there. There are only 6 cities in the US other than NYC that have a greater population than the Bronx. Trump gets larger crowds in suburbs with a fraction of the population the Bronx has. He got a crowd 5-6 times this size at Wildwood which is a fraction of the size of the Bronx (and I'll tip my hat to that, that actually was impressive).

The Bronx actually has more people living in it than San Diego or Dallas. If Trump got a crowd of a couple thousand in Dallas we'd be laughing at him

Additionally NYC is very dense so just because he's holding a rally in the Bronx doesn't mean there won't be a significant number of people from the other NYC boroughs, Westchester County, or North Jersey
dspNY
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2024, 08:57:55 PM »

Additionally NYC is very dense so just because he's holding a rally in the Bronx doesn't mean there won't be a significant number of people from the other NYC boroughs, Westchester County, or North Jersey

I'd wager at least 2/3 of the crowd was white--most of them were not from the Bronx. Maybe Throggs Neck, which is in the Bronx, but most probably from the suburbs or Staten Island.

Let's put it this way; if he could have filled Madison Square Garden he would have asked for a rally there with his buddy James Dolan instead of a crowd 1/10 the size in the Bronx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies