Trump to hold rally in the South Bronx
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:26:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump to hold rally in the South Bronx
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Trump to hold rally in the South Bronx  (Read 2097 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2024, 06:23:40 PM »

Never in my life would I have expected a Republican candidate to hold a rally in that part of town especially near Morrisania.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 06:29:21 PM »

Looking forward to red avatars counting how many black people there are.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 06:31:42 PM »

Imagine being this proud of your party's lack of support amongst minorities (of almost any kind).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 06:45:59 PM »

That will be the Whitest crowd the Bronx will have seen since at least the 1950s.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 06:52:10 PM »

God I wish bronz was still here so we can hear what he has to say about this
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2024, 07:47:42 PM »

Trump got 68k votes in the Bronx and hundreds of thousands in the nearby counties. I have no doubt he could do a pretty full rally there.

The Bronx is one of those places that's so densely populated that Trump may have gotten 16% there, but 16% of a large number is a large number.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2024, 07:53:31 PM »

Can't wait for his next rallies at Compton and Chicago's South Side.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 07:58:47 PM »

Non trivial chance he'll have to be in the court room at that time to hear a verdict in his election interference trial.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 08:08:06 PM »

Trump the way he is acting in CRT shouldn't be elected Prez at all
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2024, 08:54:49 PM »

Given how dense greater NYC is, choosing the Bronx could moreso be about choosing a centralized location than actually trying to make inroads specifically in the Bronx.

The South Bronx is strategically good location because very accessible by subway to New Yorkers, it's easy enough for New Jerseyites to cross the GW Bridge, and Hudson Valley/upstate supporters can come via car without having to go through Manhattan.

Like NYC is denser than anywhere in the Country so even though Trump loses the city in a blowout, you still have a very high concentration of supporters.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024, 08:55:22 PM »

Unironically, I think it will be interesting to see how much the crowd actually looks like the city.
Florida Man
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024, 08:58:38 PM »

Why?
GAinDC

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2024, 09:03:01 PM »

Not a bad move by Trump but let’s see how it turns out
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2024, 09:09:39 PM »

Jury will probably be deliberating this day so he needs to be in NY in case they come back.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2024, 09:41:58 PM »

Jury will probably be deliberating this day so he needs to be in NY in case they come back.

It's possible the verdict could drop DURING this rally.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2024, 09:54:49 PM »

Rememeber that the South Bronx is mostly latino nowadays
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2024, 11:52:28 PM »

Well that sound Nice, Maybe this is Trump playing on Biden unpopularity and trying to get some minorities (Latino, african and jewish votes) to look at him in a more positive way?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2024, 05:46:36 AM »

Utterly pointless. Convenient though.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2024, 01:04:40 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2024, 01:09:04 PM by Obama24 »

A friend I know lives in the Bronx. She is 27. She claims everyone she knows (beyond family) supports Trump and most of the POC she knows want to vote for him.

Another friend of mine, a Dominican male in Brooklyn I once worked for, is excited to vote for Trump. His girlfriend is voting for Biden.

Black friend my godfathers son is a security guard in Brooklyn, plans to vote Trump as he felt the economy was better even if he thinks Trump is a loser

Italian friend in Bensonhurst wants to vote Biden as he feels Trump is a traitor who should be in prison, his wife feels the same.

Lebanese barber who used to cut my hair, Bay Ridge, said he’s voting Trump because of Gaza

Former neighbor 50s I speak to still lives in Bay Ridge was a lifetime Democrat but will vote Trump because of Gaza

My sister (age 50) in bay ridge will vote Trump due to the Muslim presence in bay ridge that she despises

My soon to be roomate, aged 43, conspiracy theorist, in Bay Ridge, wants to vote Trump for reasons I can’t say against Biden.

A girl I know aged 33 in north Brooklyn wants to vote either Biden, or RFK JR, but she’s said if it’s between either it’ll likely be RFK JR.

My other sister (age 51) in Staten Island favors but is not committed to voting Trump as she wants the 2019 economy back

My other sister (44), near Bath Beach, will vote Trump.

All of the above are working class people, not wealthy or even middle class.
GAinDC

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2024, 01:12:28 PM »

A friend I know lives in the Bronx. She is 27. She claims everyone she knows (beyond family) supports Trump and most of the POC she knows want to vote for him.

Another friend of mine, a Dominican male in Brooklyn I once worked for, is excited to vote for Trump. His girlfriend is voting for Biden.

Black friend my godfathers son is a security guard in Brooklyn, plans to vote Trump as he felt the economy was better even if he thinks Trump is a loser

Italian friend in Bensonhurst wants to vote Biden as he feels Trump is a traitor who should be in prison, his wife feels the same.

Lebanese barber who used to cut my hair, Bay Ridge, said he’s voting Trump because of Gaza

Former neighbor 50s I speak to still lives in Bay Ridge was a lifetime Democrat but will vote Trump because of Gaza

My sister (age 50) in bay ridge will vote Trump due to the Muslim presence in bay ridge that she despises

My soon to be roomate, aged 43, conspiracy theorist, in Bay Ridge, wants to vote Trump for reasons I can’t say against Biden.

A girl I know aged 33 in north Brooklyn wants to vote either Biden, or RFK JR, but she’s said if it’s between either it’ll likely be RFK JR.

My other sister (age 51) in Staten Island favors but is not committed to voting Trump as she wants the 2019 economy back

Hmmmmmmmm…..does this add up to anyone else?
Obama24
United States
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2024, 01:14:24 PM »

It does if you consider people vote for the same things for different reasons.
Not everyone who voted in favor of the 64 civil rights act did it to honor John Kennedy or to make America more equal, some who did felt that passing it would make black people shut up

Also the lady that was a former neighbor is Middle Eastern by origin and an activist, also
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2024, 01:14:52 PM »

God I wish bronz was still here so we can hear what he has to say about this

Isn't the anniversary of his ban next month? So then he would be permitted to at least send a formal request to be unbanned. Since bronz apparently didn't create a sock in the meantime and logged in on March 7, 2024 for the last time, I could imagine that's his intent. At least I hope he'll be allowed to return before the November elections.
GAinDC

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2024, 01:15:59 PM »

Every single person I know in Washington, DC is voting for Biden.

Therefore, Biden will win in a landslide!

(I think you’d better be careful extrapolating too much from personal anecdotes. And knowing you’re such a Biden basher, I bet some of these people are probably just telling you what you want to hear.)
GAinDC

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2024, 01:18:21 PM »

It does if you consider people vote for the same things for different reasons.
Not everyone who voted in favor of the 64 civil rights act did it to honor John Kennedy or to make America more equal, some who did felt that passing it would make black people shut up

So you’re telling me that someone who is very pro Arab/Muslim and someone who is very anti-Arab/Muslim are both voting for Trump based on his views about Arabs and Muslims? And that this is supposed to represent a massive trend that will propel Trump to a glorious victory?

Sure, Jan
Obama24
United States
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2024, 01:19:15 PM »

Every single person I know in Washington, DC is voting for Biden.

Therefore, Biden will win in a landslide!

(I think you’d better be careful extrapolating too much from personal anecdotes. And knowing you’re such a Biden basher, I bet some of these people are probably just telling you what you want to hear.)

I keep my cards pretty close to the vest when I talk to real life friends. All but one or two know what I feel politically.

I’m not a Biden Basher, I just don’t support sinking ships. To me the writing is on the wall. I’m not the type to go with a ship that could’ve easily course corrected many times over.

Said before I’m likely considering not even voting as I don’t like either candidate, and I won’t throw my vote to a Green or RFK JR because crazy is still crazy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies