Greg Abbott pardons Daniel Perry, man who killed a Black Lives Matter protester in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:30:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Greg Abbott pardons Daniel Perry, man who killed a Black Lives Matter protester in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Greg Abbott pardons Daniel Perry, man who killed a Black Lives Matter protester in 2020  (Read 1134 times)
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2024, 07:18:41 PM »

Perry shot someone for doing essentially the same thing that Fat Kyle Rittenhouse got his kangaroo court acquittal for.
So now we know that the facts don't matter as long as you're the white color or representing the right "cause."
Excited to see how John Dule twists himself into knots defending this one.

Dule is fairly consistent. I would be very surprised if he defended Abbott’s decision here. I don’t remember him defending the murder at the time either.

According to this pardon, Fat Kyle's behavior could have gotten him shot in the head and it would have been justified. What's the difference?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2024, 07:20:37 PM »

It's overlooked that Rittenhouse is on video randomly punching a girl in the head. He's got problems and is bound to commit another crime that he won't be able to get out of.

Bet it was a sucker punch too. Most girls could probably kick fatty's ass in a fair fight.

It was indeed.

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2024, 08:17:35 PM »

Republicans are declaring open season for violence. It won't stop here and it wouldn't surprise me if the Governor of South Carolina pardoned Dylann Roof.

Maxine Waters would like a word with you.

Maxine Waters pardoned a premeditated racist murderer? Shame on her too I guess.

You're responding to a known troll. He was a Kanye West supporter in 2020, a pro-Putin poster in 2022, a pro-Ukraine poster in 2023, and whatever this weird racist persona is now. Very pathetic he hasn't been banned, but there is no excuse for replying to this person.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2024, 08:18:11 PM »

It's overlooked that Rittenhouse is on video randomly punching a girl in the head. He's got problems and is bound to commit another crime that he won't be able to get out of.

If the Republicans manage to take over the country the way they want, he'll be untouchable, and likely become a chief thug, in whatever SS-analog the GOP comes up with.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2024, 08:24:53 PM »

Possibly the most disgusting part of this story is how little attention it's getting. There should be a lot more outrage. Also, the GOP as a whole is the most dangerous terrorist organization this world has ever seen. No need to mince words here.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2024, 11:56:07 PM »

Not in the slightest bit surprising. The Republican Party is just a domestic terrorist organization now, openly gleeful at the prospect of using the pardon power whenever they can to put murderers and felons on the street - as long as they are MAGA. trump is openly talking about doing this with all of the J6 terrorists.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2024, 04:42:08 AM »

Not in the slightest bit surprising. The Republican Party is just a domestic terrorist organization now, openly gleeful at the prospect of using the pardon power whenever they can to put murderers and felons on the street - as long as they are MAGA. trump is openly talking about doing this with all of the J6 terrorists.

It's just taking another page from the Jim Crow South.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2024, 09:14:47 AM »

I consnantly shift between Abbott and RDS on who's worse. I guess Abbott.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2024, 02:33:19 PM »

I consnantly shift between Abbott and RDS on who's worse. I guess Abbott.

I think Abbott is a far-right nut out of full conviction, Florida man is mostly a shameless opportunist.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2024, 08:36:28 PM »

That's why Allred can't penetrate this state and he will lose by 8% like Hegar it's wave insurance but as of now it's not winnable
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2024, 10:39:44 PM »

It's overlooked that Rittenhouse is on video randomly punched a girl in the head. He's got problems and is bound to commit another crime that he won't be able to get out of.

I've said before that someone with his background and temperament basically never had a chance. If anything, he got lucky that one of his spates of antisocial behavior acquired a political valence that gave him 15 minutes of fame he could monetize.

He's 21 and still hasn't made any progress toward completing a college degree, was deemed unfit for military service, has visibly put on weight, and is going to develop some sort of substance use issue if he hasn't already.

I'd expect the Fat Shaming from DaleCooper.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2024, 11:09:52 PM »

He and Kyle Rittenhouse will make a killer(wink, wink!) Republican ticket in 20 years. 

There's some ambiguity in the Rittenhouse case to where a jury found him not guilty. There's none in this case. Abbott is the worst of the worst as a human being in all of US politics.
Yeah, it’s a shame because the case blew up and became just another culture war thing.

Realizing that Rittenhouse was in fact not guilty as charged really surprised me when it happened because it went hard against type for Atlas. Not a surprise that they reverted to their previous views on the topic once some time had passed.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2024, 11:16:55 PM »

He and Kyle Rittenhouse will make a killer(wink, wink!) Republican ticket in 20 years.  

There's some ambiguity in the Rittenhouse case to where a jury found him not guilty. There's none in this case. Abbott is the worst of the worst as a human being in all of US politics.
Yeah, it’s a shame because the case blew up and became just another culture war thing.

Realizing that Rittenhouse was in fact not guilty as charged really surprised me when it happened because it went hard against type for Atlas. Not a surprise that they reverted to their previous views on the topic once some time had passed.

Senile judge and anti-BLM jury that was always going to find him sympathetic.
Small comfort that the murderer looks to be doing nothing in his pathetic life with the second chance he didn't deserve.

Side note: do you have a single non-atrocious view?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2024, 11:24:32 PM »

Senile judge and anti-BLM jury that was always going to find him sympathetic.
Small comfort that the murderer looks to be doing nothing in his pathetic life with the second chance he didn't deserve.

Judge if anything was too pro-prosecution, simply giving the prosecutor a scolding for trying to use Rittenhouse exercising his fundamental right to remain silent against him. Binger deserved to have the book thrown at him for that egregious display of prosecutorial misconduct.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2024, 12:50:25 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy kills again.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2024, 01:48:30 AM »

I'm not familer with the case, but if the wiki is correct
Murder
On July 25, 2020, Daniel Perry, a then-30-year old United States Army sergeant, had been working his Uber shift when he encountered a protest against police brutality that was blocking the road. Perry originally stopped and honked his car horn at the protesters, but later ran a red light and drove his car into the crowd.[5] Garrett Foster, a 28-year old United States Air Force veteran who was legally open carrying an AK-47 walked up to Perry in an attempt to tell him to stop driving into the crowd.[6] After he walked up to Perry's vehicle, Perry shot and killed Foster. Perry claimed self-defense and claimed that Foster had pointed his weapon at him, but eyewitnesses contradicted this account.[7][8]

When Perry was interviewed by police about what happened before the shooting and how Foster held his gun, Perry said: "I believe he was going to aim it at me … I didn’t want to give him a chance to aim at me, you know."
he seems pretty funking guilty to me.  Gonna need video of the guy pointing a gun at you if you shoot someone in a crowd full of people sympathetic to the guy you shot and angry with you.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2024, 01:54:34 AM »

I don't know all of the legal issues in this case, but are federal charges possible (presuming none have been brought so far)?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2024, 04:20:34 AM »

They keep voting for Greg Abbott
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2024, 04:33:13 AM »

To Republicans, black lives DON’T matter.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2024, 06:02:59 AM »

To Republicans, black lives DON’T matter.

But did you know that Democrats were the party of segregationists 60 years ago?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2024, 05:01:19 PM »

Looking at the details of the case, it is hardly black and white.

The "Stand Your Ground" law came into play with regard to self-defence.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2024, 07:00:25 PM »

Stand Your Ground laws are not evenly applied and are known to favor white men more so then everyone else. It’s often a white men get out of jail free card (see Rittenhouse).
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2024, 08:11:27 PM »

And yet a jury of 12 people clearly rejected that argument and found him guilty under the laws governing the state.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2024, 09:10:42 AM »

“Stand your ground” just means that you have no duty to retreat before resorting to force. You still have to reasonably believe that the use of deadly force is immediately necessary to protect yourself from the other party’s use of deadly force against you in order for self defense to apply.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2024, 04:23:34 PM »

Not gonna state my opinion about what I want to see happen to America’s worst Governor, because I don’t want to get banned. Let’s just leave it at that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies