Opinion of Ferguson97
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:59:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Ferguson97
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Opinion of Ferguson97  (Read 2917 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2024, 10:39:29 AM »
« edited: February 16, 2024, 11:07:02 AM by Roll Roons »

This interaction summarizes why I think he's an HP:

Reform #2 is a non-starter.

If you want to say they have to be post-marked by Election Day, that’s another story. But whether or not your vote counts shouldn’t be determined by how fast or slow the USPS is.

Oregon literally had that rule until they used Covid as an excuse to get rid of it

Okay? Then Oregon had a bad law, and it's good that they got rid of it. (You're not very good at this 'gotcha' stuff, OSR.)

Why the hell are you trying to defend this? You don't need to blindly defend everything Democrats do.

Taking a long time to report results undermines faith in the process. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old system. It still gives people the flexibility to vote however they want.

Why the hell are you arguing against this? You don't need to blindly defend everything Republicans do.

I'm asking you a very simple question: why should whether or not your vote counts depend on how fast or slow the USPS is?

I'm going to be honest, I think the reason you're fine with the old law is because you think that not counting mail-in ballots that arrive late will disproportionately harm Democrats. You don't want those votes counted because you think it will be easier for Republicans to win elections. It's a simple as that, and it would be easier for everyone if you would just be honest about it.

You seem to think I'm some far-right MAGA lunatic when I'm really not.

I have never been opposed to mail-in voting. I just don't think it's reasonable for election results to come in a slow trickle over a period of several weeks after election day, regardless of whether it produces a blue shift or red shift. It does a huge disservice to the candidates, their teams and the constituents.

If you don't think USPS is reliable, I don't have a problem with an extensive and accessible in-person early voting period.

He just assumes that I'm a far-right loon because of my avatar. That kind of mindset is why our politics is so toxic today.

Or claiming that OSR is an evil fascist for wanting to ban DEI even though DEI's black-and-white colonizer/oppressed framework is one of the major reasons antisemitism is so rampant today.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2024, 12:35:03 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2024, 02:28:47 PM by Meathook Don »

If you want to say they have to be post-marked by Election Day, that’s another story. But whether or not your vote counts shouldn’t be determined by how fast or slow the USPS is.

Oregon literally had that rule until they used Covid as an excuse to get rid of it

Okay? Then Oregon had a bad law, and it's good that they got rid of it. (You're not very good at this 'gotcha' stuff, OSR.)

Why the hell are you trying to defend this? You don't need to blindly defend everything Democrats do.

Taking a long time to report results undermines faith in the process. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old system. It still gives people the flexibility to vote however they want.

Why the hell are you arguing against this? You don't need to blindly defend everything Republicans do.

I'm asking you a very simple question: why should whether or not your vote counts depend on how fast or slow the USPS is?

I'm going to be honest, I think the reason you're fine with the old law is because you think that not counting mail-in ballots that arrive late will disproportionately harm Democrats. You don't want those votes counted because you think it will be easier for Republicans to win elections. It's a simple as that, and it would be easier for everyone if you would just be honest about it.

I have never been opposed to mail-in voting. I just don't think it's reasonable for election results to come in a slow trickle over a period of several weeks after election day, regardless of whether it produces a blue shift or red shift. It does a huge disservice to the candidates, their teams and the constituents.

If you don't think USPS is reliable, I don't have a problem with an extensive and accessible in-person early voting period.

He just assumes that I'm a far-right loon because of my avatar. That kind of mindset is why our politics is so toxic today.

Or claiming that OSR is an evil fascist for wanting to ban DEI even though DEI's black-and-white colonizer/oppressed framework is one of the major reasons antisemitism is so rampant today.

Ferguson comes off looking much better than either you or OSR in that thread. Not sure why you thought that was a good piece of evidence to post.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2024, 03:26:52 PM »

Ferguson comes off looking much better than either you or OSR in that thread. Not sure why you thought that was a good piece of evidence to post.
saying you shouldn't beat your kids shouldn't be controversial either. but that's atlas i guess
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2024, 05:46:45 PM »

saying you shouldn't beat your kids shouldn't be controversial either. but that's atlas i guess

That isn't what was controversial, lol. He said that families should be split up over incredibly mild physical punishments that are still the norm in many parts of the civilized world. Like I said a moment ago, it takes a special kind of rich kid privilege and ignorance to believe that foster care or some kind of group home for neglected children is better than getting spanked for behaving like a brat.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2024, 05:48:32 PM »

That isn't what was controversial, lol. He said that families should be split up over incredibly mild physical punishments that are still the norm in many parts of the civilized world. Like I said a moment ago, it takes a special kind of rich kid privilege and ignorance to believe that foster care or some kind of group home for neglected children is better than getting spanked for behaving like a brat.

I think Fergie makes a habit of taking extreme positions on issues like these so that he can then compromise with people as they discuss the issue. He's done it many times with me in the past.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2024, 05:53:44 PM »

I think Fergie makes a habit of taking extreme positions on issues like these so that he can then compromise with people as they discuss the issue. He's done it many times with me in the past.

Could be, but this is a case where that isn't much (if any) different than the average bleeding heart liberal opinion on the issue. Most younger left-of-center people who grew up pampered think that any kind of discipline is abusive. It's really obnoxious, especially since these people are either part of the most dysfunctional generation in recent memory, or the ones responsible for raising it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2024, 01:55:01 AM »

I think the best part of these is that the asshole clique gets a chance to socialize together, meet the new members, celebrate past members, exchange ideas.

Your check-in was well expected.

Badger is just mad because he didn't get this year's tshirt yet.  Pay your dues man and you'll get your swag.
Badger being super cheap IRL sounds hilariously par for the course.

" I know you are but what am I? Herp derp". Great comebacks, guys

And, for some unexplained reason, being cheap somehow being on brand still beats the hell out of probably having a Stormfront account.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2024, 02:07:26 AM »

Absolutely. Saying anyone who's been physically disciplined should be put in ing foster care, though, is an entirely different story. Please don't come in with half-baked moral judgements when you don't understand the full context (either that or you're deliberately mischaracterizing what Ferguson said).
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2024, 01:25:34 PM »

Ferguson is one of the site's most underrated posters and the fact that all the child abuse defenders are upset about it is the only proof I needed.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2024, 01:16:18 PM »

The ridiculous thing is that most people who attack him consider Sanchez a nice guy.

good point
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2024, 01:33:41 PM »

The ridiculous thing is that most people who attack him consider Sanchez a nice guy.

good point

Both have a passive aggressive streak. Sanchez is somewhat more unpredictable and nuanced though which makes him a more interesting poster.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2024, 05:12:58 PM »

good point

That's because Sanchez is far more able to have good relationships and regard for posters he disagrees with.  Ferguson97 is incapable of that.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2024, 11:27:03 AM »

That we shouldn't count all of the votes because it would take long is not a defensible or justifiable. The fact that he accused you of taking that position in bad faith for partisanship reasons is him being charitable about your intelligence
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies