Would you take the certainty of President Haley over the uncertainty of a Biden vs Trump rematch?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:01:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you take the certainty of President Haley over the uncertainty of a Biden vs Trump rematch?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If you could choose between a 100% guarantee of having President Nikki Haley for 4 years, or for a Biden vs Trump rematch, which would you choose?
Certainty of President Haley (D/left leaner)

Whatever is the outcome of a Biden vs Trump rematch (D/left leaner)

Certainty of President Haley (R/right leaner)

Whatever is the outcome of a Biden vs Trump rematch (R/right leaner)

Certainty of President Haley (Other)

Whatever is the outcome of a Biden vs Trump rematch (Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Would you take the certainty of President Haley over the uncertainty of a Biden vs Trump rematch?  (Read 1035 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2024, 01:36:23 PM »

Unless you support Trump in the primaries , I don’t know how your answer can be anything but yes to this question.
As you know, I am the strongest DeSantis supporter, a never-Trumper, and support Republican in any down-ballot race. I support aids to Ukraine.

But no, I prefer Biden over Haley. In fact, I prefer any Dem over Haley.

What about Trump vs Haley which is what this question comes down to imo
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2024, 01:48:05 PM »

Tough choice.

I wouldn’t *fear* a Haley presidency like I would a Trump presidency. Haley winning would likely mean that she’d be president come 2030 and that could be favorable to Dems for redistricting. Trump winning would be absolutely terrible for the country and honestly the world.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2024, 06:31:04 PM »

I say no as I still have faith in Biden defeating Trump.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2024, 06:32:08 PM »

Are you sure that Biden would lose agaisnt Haley?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2024, 07:01:55 PM »

Unless you support Trump in the primaries , I don’t know how your answer can be anything but yes to this question.
As you know, I am the strongest DeSantis supporter, a never-Trumper, and support Republican in any down-ballot race. I support aids to Ukraine.

I'd obviously take Haley over Trump, but I'm still not choosing her over Biden lmao
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2024, 07:38:05 PM »

Republicans aren't abusive, pro-tyranny Christo-fascists who hate America because of Donald Trump. Donald Trump is the leader of the Republican party because Republicans are abusive, pro-tyranny Christo-fascists who hate America.  Haley (or anyone) instead of Trump means nothing unless it signifies the GOP rejecting their worse elements and becoming better human beings.

I don't think that's possible. So Haley is elected by the exact same Republican Party that supports Donald. She'd be a more able leader, but I'm not sure that's actually desirable in a party dedicated to the destruction of the United States. While she's not as obviously selling our country out to hostile foreign powers, she would still lead a party that is sympathetic to hostile foreign powers.

The one thing she does bring is a big, though: she's not openly a traitor. She's hasn't taken an Oath of Office and publicly used it as toilet paper. (We might disagree on how diligent or faithful she's been to what oaths she has taken, but that's a whole different order of thing from Trump's unabashed treason.) Electing Nikki Haley as President would not inherently be a self-abnegation of the Constitution, neither would it (philosophically) represent the end of the United States.

Still, when faced with a choice between a guaranteed future for the United States underer the rule of abusive Christo-fascists, or betting that Old Joe Biden can defeat stumbling piece of animate fecal matter Donald Trump... I'll go with the second. I'm by no means certain Biden will win, but a nation able to elect Donald Trump again is so deep in extinction debt it's doomed anyway.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2024, 07:48:13 PM »

I'd obviously take Haley over Trump, but I'm still not choosing her over Biden lmao

Yes but would you rather take Trump having a 50% chance of winning over Haley at 100%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2024, 07:52:01 PM »

Democrats who view Haley to be just as bad as 2024 Trump cause of muh neoconservatism and DeSantis to be just as bad as Trump cause of muh social conservatism is proof liberals still have never gotten over the Bush years either(conservatives havent so the entire nation hasnt).

Basically the narrative has been created that Bush turned us into the bad guys after 9/11 and somehow we were bigger villains than Saddam or the Iraq insurgency which is just a laughable conclusion and also that the Bush years were this extremely backward time socially compared to what immediately preceded and immediately succeeded it which again is laughably false
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2024, 07:52:19 PM »

No thank you. I’m very confident in a Biden/Trump rematch to go Biden’s way.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2024, 08:24:59 PM »

Bolded makes zero sense. If Trump or DeSantis give you 100% of what you want, then Biden gives you 0% of what you want and Haley gives you about 85-90% of what you want

But brb- “I prefer Biden over haley” … ??
The logic is, DeSantis is the only one who can deliver what I care the most:
1, tough on crime, like death penalty for child rapist;
2, fight political correctness and identity politics, including use state power.

I disagree with him (and other Rs) on abortion, guns, Ukraine, etc. In most issues that I care little, I side with D. But in the two issues that I care most, DeSantis is the only one that I trust, while Haley and Trump with cave to the left.

Besides, the price of Haley presidency is DeSantis will wait ~12 years to become president. While Biden presidency is just 4 years, with likely large R majorities in both houses. So this is a very easy choice for me.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2024, 08:38:52 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2024, 08:43:24 PM by DavidB. »

Haley would in most regards be an improved version of Biden, with similar flaws (immigration) and similar strengths (foreign policy). A second Trump presidency could potentially be better than that if he ends up governing like in his first term, but could also turn out catastrophic if he truly pulls out of NATO or something like that. If there is a 100% chance Haley will be better than Biden and a 50% chance she'll be better than Trump, and the Biden/Trump race would be 50/50, then there is a 75% chance of the 'Haley certainty' option being the best option. I'll choose that option, then - she'd do fine as president anyway, overall.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2024, 11:16:49 PM »

I feel like a second term of Biden would be more fiscally progressive.
Haley would in general have similar policies to Trump but also be more interventionist and maybe a bit more relaxed on inmigration (altorught more conservative on that than Biden).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2024, 11:44:07 PM »

Yes but would you rather take Trump having a 50% chance of winning over Haley at 100%

I’ll take the 50% chance.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2024, 11:55:59 PM »

I reluctantly would. I don't think she'd have much in the form of coattails down ticket so the Democrats would still have a good shot at re taking the house and on top of that she'd likely lose to a stronger Democratic candidate than Biden in 2028.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2024, 01:49:24 AM »

Yes, and I will go out on Super Tuesday and cast that vote in my state's open primary. I *might* even vote for Haley in November, or at least not contribute to Biden by voting for whatever third-party is least objectionable, probably the Libertarians. If a pollster calls me though, I'm telling them RFK to help get him into the debates.

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2024, 02:04:50 AM »

Why TF would I settle for president Haley? Sure she would not be a psycho like Trump but policy wise she would be as bad, maybe worse because she is not as incompetent and would get more done.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2024, 03:17:47 AM »

Honestly if the US were to end up as an illiberal democracy anyway it's still a big improvement for it to be an internationalist one that is committed to NATO and allies like Ukraine and Taiwan, rather than an America First isolationist embarrassment.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2024, 06:44:21 PM »

Democrats who view Haley to be just as bad as 2024 Trump cause of muh neoconservatism and DeSantis to be just as bad as Trump cause of muh social conservatism is proof liberals still have never gotten over the Bush years either(conservatives havent so the entire nation hasnt).

Basically the narrative has been created that Bush turned us into the bad guys after 9/11 and somehow we were bigger villains than Saddam or the Iraq insurgency which is just a laughable conclusion and also that the Bush years were this extremely backward time socially compared to what immediately preceded and immediately succeeded it which again is laughably false

Some article recommendations:

Trump Is Right About 9/11:George W. Bush didn’t do all he could to prevent the attack—and it’s time Republicans confronted that fact.

The Bush Tax Cuts Disproportionately Benefitted the Wealthy

Bush’s Iraq War Lies Created a Blueprint for Donald Trump

The Iraq Invasion 20 Years Later: It Was Indeed a Big Lie that Launched the Catastrophic War

Getting Away with Torture: The Bush Administration and Mistreatment of Detainees

Poor Katrina preparation an example of Bush's ineptitude

Great Recession Could Have Been Prevented by Bush Administration

George W. Bush was a disaster---only Trump looks worse by comparison

And a book recommendation:

Reign of Terror: How the 9/11 Era Destabilized America and Produced Trump by Spencer Ackerman

Hope this helps!
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2024, 03:39:15 PM »

There is no universe in which Haley would be a worse President than Trump. Y'all sound like Jimmy Dore/Kyle Kulinski that make excuses for Trump all the time!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies