Does a majority of the world hate Jews?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:55:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Does a majority of the world hate Jews?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Does a majority of the world hate Jews?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: Does a majority of the world hate Jews?  (Read 1228 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2023, 02:56:56 PM »

The majority of the world hates Jews.

Ferguson seems to think so. I doubt it's more than 20%.

Even if you assume every Muslim in the world is antisemitic + a third of Christians that's still way under 50.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 03:11:17 PM »

Probably not, because close to a majority of the world lives in non-Muslim Asian countries with virtually no Jewish presence. I doubt we're really on their minds.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 06:22:33 PM »

No. Most of the world lives in South, East, and Southeast Asia and isn't brain poisoned by the nonsense that Christianity and Islam have historically taught about Jews.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 06:51:57 PM »

Most Christians doesn’t think much about modern Jews either and the ones who do are more likely to support Israel. So I expect that Christians, Hindus, and East Asians don’t hate Jews.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 07:38:53 PM »

no, for the reasons given above (most Asians don't hate Jews)

If you exclude east and south Asians, oh hell yeah.  Perhaps "hate" is too strong, but certainly "hold bigoted views towards".
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 05:03:59 AM »

No
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 05:13:46 PM »

Jake Adelstein wrote rather non-chalantly about getting casual antisemitic comments in 1990s/2000s whenever his ancestry came up.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 05:34:39 PM »

No. Most of the world lives in South, East, and Southeast Asia and isn't brain poisoned by the nonsense that Christianity and Islam have historically taught about Jews.
I mean, Christianity has definitely played a historic role in antisemitism in the world. Martin Luther and etc. I don't dispute that at all.

But you can't seriously believe that modern antisemitism is driven by Christians in the present day world, can you? Unless you're one one of those Jews who believes that being preached the Gospel too or seeing a Jew converted from Judaism to Christianity (or something Christian adjacent like Messianic Judaism) is antisemitic in and of itself, which I don't get the impression you are, than I don't think it's fair to compare the predominately Arab and Islamist driven hatred of the Jews to the Christian faith. Our savior himself was a Jew, after all.

I know a few Jews IRL who think the very mention of MAGA is equal to the sound of marching boots coming for them, but when you compare MAGA or the Southern Baptists or the Pentecostals to the likes of Hamas, I'd hope you'd realize that these movements are the best friends the Jews have in this world. Especially when you look at the simmering cesspool of Jew hate in our universities. These aren't exactly faithful Christians or loyal MAGA cultists who are out intimidating Jewish students at Cooper Union.

Ayn Rand was right when she called the universities the most dangerous thing in the country circa 1976.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 05:37:07 PM »

I mean, Christianity has definitely played a historic role in antisemitism in the world. Martin Luther and etc. I don't dispute that at all.

But you can't seriously believe that modern antisemitism is driven by Christians in the present day world, can you? Unless you're one one of those Jews who believes that being preached the Gospel too or seeing a Jew converted from Judaism to Christianity (or something Christian adjacent like Messianic Judaism) is antisemitic in and of itself, which I don't get the impression you are, than I don't think it's fair to compare the predominately Arab and Islamist driven hatred of the Jews to the Christian faith. Our savior himself was a Jew, after all.

I know a few Jews IRL who think the very mention of MAGA is equal to the sound of marching boots coming for them, but when you compare MAGA or the Southern Baptists or the Pentecostals to the likes of Hamas, I'd hope you'd realize that these movements are the best friends the Jews have in this world. Especially when you look at the simmering cesspool of Jew hate in our universities. These aren't exactly faithful Christians or loyal MAGA cultists who are out intimidating Jewish students at Cooper Union.

Ayn Rand was right when she called the universities the most dangerous thing in the country circa 1976.
There's a reason I said "historically". And no, I think the people you refer to are insane, though they are much less common offline than online in my experience.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 05:38:56 PM »

There's a reason I said "historically". And no, I think the people you refer to are insane, though they are much less common offline than online in my experience.
FWIW, I literally have only encountered those kind of people online myself. All of the Jews I know in real life are perfectly reasonable people when it comes to others trying to convert them to any faith or lack of faith.

Anyway, I think we agree way more than we disagree on this subject, all things considered.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 06:17:03 PM »

I don't think it's fair to compare the predominately Arab and Islamist driven hatred of the Jews to the Christian faith. Our savior himself was a Jew, after all.

This is definitely something that distinguishes Christianity from Islam, good call!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2023, 06:41:27 PM »

I don't think it's fair to compare the predominately Arab and Islamist driven hatred of the Jews to the Christian faith. Our savior himself was a Jew, after all.

This is definitely something that distinguishes Christianity from Islam, good call!
I never said your faith has antisemitism enshrined in it as a pilar of your beliefs.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2023, 07:51:16 PM »

Oh for sure. A majority of Americans under 25 probably hold bigoted views towards us as well.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2023, 10:21:44 PM »

Not for now but I'm concerned about future trends if American Zoomers are representative of the future.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2023, 07:55:45 AM »

No. First of all, as others mentioned, many are living in countries where there is basically no local Jewish population. One example of a country in Asia with a big problem of antisemitism is Indonesia (which is majority Muslim.) However, I will also say that I don’t think half of those living in the U.S. hate us. There’s simply a lot of casual bigotry, or many are fine with us existing, but get kind of weird whenever the topic of money comes up.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2023, 03:58:45 PM »

<insert potentially bannable quip about Abrahamic theology and the prevalence of Abrahamic religions in "AAPI Asia">

In all seriousness no, and I highly doubt most people on the planet dislike Muslims or think about them as a group very much either.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 12:25:07 PM »

Not for now but I'm concerned about future trends if American Zoomers are representative of the future.

Agreed. I honestly think we'll see anti-Jewish laws on the books in some left wing cities within 50 years.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2023, 12:40:05 PM »

Agreed. I honestly think we'll see anti-Jewish laws on the books in some left wing cities within 50 years.
I don't see them ever being that blatant about it.  At most they would remove them for being able to use the power of <scary voice> Hate Crime Laws</voice> to properly redress bigoted attacks in places where violent crime is at least partly ignored if racism (in specific directions) doesn't play a part.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2023, 01:26:59 PM »

Does this include the "positive antisemitism" many Asians engage in?

They often have the attitude of, "The Jews are sly, cunning, very good with money, and control vast segments of society and financial markets. Let us study them so we can copy their successes!"
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2023, 09:32:25 PM »

A majority of the world has probably never heard of the Jews.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2023, 07:00:07 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2023, 07:19:35 PM by TDAS04 »

Laos was ranked as the "least antisemetic country" in a study back in 2014.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 01:54:11 PM »

A majority of the world has probably never heard of the Jews.

There's no way you actually believe this.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2023, 08:41:30 PM »

Jake Adelstein wrote rather non-chalantly about getting casual antisemitic comments in 1990s/2000s whenever his ancestry came up.

You don't have to even go that far back. One of my close friends who's Jewish wore a yarmulke on the Washington Metro and was called a "Jew Devil" by a woman *this summer* (a couple months before the 10/7 attacks).

Anyway to answer OP's question, No. A large percentage of the world either live in places without many Jewish people and so don't think about them (and hatred requires you to think about someone), or live among Jewish people and are ultimately fine with them.

Though the interesting question is how to categorize "positive antisemitism" as mentioned above, or the use of certain Jewish stereotyping. I don't think those are hateful, but they aren't respectful, either.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2023, 01:22:44 PM »

A different but relevant question is whether countries where a majority of the people hate Jews constitute a majority of countries.  At least, voting countries in the UN.  China and India have like half the world population but they're only 2 votes.  Meanwhile there are 50 muslim-majority countries, and 53 countries where >85% of the population is Christian.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2023, 01:55:12 PM »

You don't have to even go that far back. One of my close friends who's Jewish wore a yarmulke on the Washington Metro and was called a "Jew Devil" by a woman *this summer* (a couple months before the 10/7 attacks).

The relevant point here is that Adelstein has spent most of his life in Japan, so his experiences there are anecdotal evidence against the view that antisemitism is uncommon in East Asia.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies