Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:56:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 ... 329
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 237116 times)
LostFellow
LostHerro

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3950 on: November 19, 2023, 10:14:07 PM »
« edited: November 19, 2023, 10:26:35 PM by LostFellow »

So Israel went from "no way we bombed that hospital" to "oh look, this was Hamas about that hospital, and that was Hamas about that hospital, if was Hamas HQ..." and we still don't think they bombed the hospital??

Are you maybe mixing up Al-Ahli hospital (likely PIJ misfire) and Al-Shifa hospital? No one has denied the IDF operation into Al-Shifa, and the collateral damage from such is certainly saddening.
LostFellow
LostHerro

« Reply #3951 on: November 19, 2023, 10:25:50 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2023, 10:28:52 PM by LostFellow »

Meclazine's posts here, including hits such as likening the incoming IDF operation to the Crusades and framing such as good thing for the residents of Israel and Palestine, and random tabloid says all Palestinans are crisis actors, are to me the easiest way to lose the youth wing of the UMC pro globalism, pro free-trade, pro nat-sec crowd. Within the local sphere of Atlas, he may be the poster that has the strongest negative effect for those who prefer pro-Zionist outcomes or even two-state solutions.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3952 on: November 19, 2023, 10:38:02 PM »

England's greatest ever Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, would have crushed the Pro-Palestinian protests in London according to her former aide, Nile Gardiner.

https://www.heritage.org/europe/commentary/how-thatcher-would-have-crushed-the-pro-palestinian-protesters

I am in no doubt that she would have supported an outright ban on the hate-filled pro-Palestine/pro-Hamas “protests.”
Bettmann / Contributor / Getty Images

Thatcher supported Pol Pot, so she certainly had serious moral issues.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #3953 on: November 20, 2023, 12:28:39 AM »

England's greatest ever Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, would have crushed the Pro-Palestinian protests in London according to her former aide, Nile Gardiner.

https://www.heritage.org/europe/commentary/how-thatcher-would-have-crushed-the-pro-palestinian-protesters

I am in no doubt that she would have supported an outright ban on the hate-filled pro-Palestine/pro-Hamas “protests.”

The prime minster who further the escalation of runaway capitalist hegemony in the West? The same leader who punish the working class by breaking up the coal miner unions and stating falsely "there is no society?"

Yes, this is a lady we should look as the ideal leader for peace in the Middle East.

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #3954 on: November 20, 2023, 12:43:52 AM »

You've officially gone off the deep end
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3955 on: November 20, 2023, 01:15:38 AM »

I mean UK Tories did vote Thatcher as their greatest hero over Churchill and Disraeli
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3956 on: November 20, 2023, 02:13:29 AM »

So Israel went from "no way we bombed that hospital" to "oh look, this was Hamas about that hospital, and that was Hamas about that hospital, if was Hamas HQ..." and we still don't think they bombed the hospital??

Are you maybe mixing up Al-Ahli hospital (likely PIJ misfire) and Al-Shifa hospital? No one has denied the IDF operation into Al-Shifa, and the collateral damage from such is certainly saddening.

In fact, the whole reason I was inclined to believe that Al-Ahli was a PIJ misfire in the first place was that the IDF tends not to outright deny bombing hospitals but to argue that the hospitals are disguised military targets. I thought that made their insistence that they just hadn't bombed Al-Ahli at all a lot more credible than it would have been otherwise.

I mean UK Tories did vote Thatcher as their greatest hero over Churchill and Disraeli

That is a very bad thing and the Tories are a very bad party.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3957 on: November 20, 2023, 02:52:12 AM »

Why is it that I go to the Israel-Gaza War thread and see a dozen copies of this enormous picture of Maggie Thatcher?

Do you guys have to constantly repost the picture in your quote?  Can't you just take three seconds and remove it from the quote?  JFC
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3958 on: November 20, 2023, 06:44:51 AM »

Meclazine's posts here, including hits such as likening the incoming IDF operation to the Crusades and framing such as good thing for the residents of Israel and Palestine, and random tabloid says all Palestinans are crisis actors, are to me the easiest way to lose the youth wing of the UMC pro globalism, pro free-trade, pro nat-sec crowd. Within the local sphere of Atlas, he may be the poster that has the strongest negative effect for those who prefer pro-Zionist outcomes or even two-state solutions.

This phrase really is one of the most reliable "nothing I say should be taken seriously" flags going.
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #3959 on: November 20, 2023, 02:39:12 PM »

Nile Gardiner did Thatcher's photocopying for a very short period of time which more or less coincided with when it became impossible to conceal her advancing senility any longer. He does not have insight into what her thought processes would have been.

To the very limited extent that there's a chance he's right, it relates to information already given.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #3960 on: November 20, 2023, 03:10:34 PM »

75% of Americans saw Bush in a positive manner and backed the Iraq War when it began.

Getting your buildings bombed to the ground and your people brutally murdered radicalizes citizens through nationalism, who would’ve thought! Shocking stuff that Netanyahu plus Israeli far-right feed Hamas and vice-versa!

Lol you are truly unbelievable and all your defenses of radical Islamists are completely lol worthy . The fact is the PLO had genocidal goals for decades and completely sabotaged hopes for peace over and over again so it was the PLO. Now they back a group worse than the PLO because what they want is Israel to no longer exist and that’s always been their belief.

Anyway this poll is probably similar to what the German public thought about the Nazis from 43-45 and yeah Gaza just like Germany needs to be depropagandized

It's always ironic you say this because you would have backed the Iraq war lmao

And this is what makes me respect you.

Regardless of anything else, every other feud we have, i forgive and will let that slip. You're a freedom fighter when it comes to this.

This just proves the horseshoe theory is true when it comes to this issue or foreign policy in general. You tend to side with Posters like Deadprez and Yellowhammer on this issue while I tend to side with S019 and President Johnson more on this issue than those posters .

I'm sure Deadprez will be thrilled to hear you consider him extremist.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3961 on: November 20, 2023, 03:40:16 PM »

Chilling propaganda video from Israel using innocent children signing this fascist rubbish.

I already addressed this on the previous page.  Please read the thread before re-posting stuff.

Also please don't get your news from Max Blumenthal, for christ's sake.  Have some dignity.  Have some self-respect.  You know perfectly well that this guy lies all the time.  So why are you still dignifying him with your attention and credulity?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3962 on: November 20, 2023, 05:18:49 PM »

Was going to post this in an Oregon thread but figured there isn't any point in starting any Israel/Gaza convo on that thread, so just throwing this on here. My former Senator, and absolutely one of the best we've got in the Senate these days, is backing a ceasefire.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3963 on: November 20, 2023, 06:35:59 PM »

Was going to post this in an Oregon thread but figured there isn't any point in starting any Israel/Gaza convo on that thread, so just throwing this on here. My former Senator, and absolutely one of the best we've got in the Senate these days, is backing a ceasefire.

The second senator after Durbin to do so.

Jamie Raskin also called for a ceasefire a few days ago which I was very happy to see. He's one of the best members of Congress.
Logical

« Reply #3964 on: November 20, 2023, 07:23:39 PM »

Hezbollah has gone woke
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3965 on: November 20, 2023, 08:49:59 PM »

Hezbollah has gone woke

How is that "woke"?
Logical

« Reply #3966 on: November 20, 2023, 09:41:20 PM »

Hezbollah has gone woke

How is that "woke"?
It's a joke. The word "woke" has lost any actual meaning a long time ago.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3967 on: November 20, 2023, 09:51:55 PM »

Alright tax dodgers.

PBS News Hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC0tUVHegik

PBS News Hour talking about hostages, Hospitals and the Hamas militants hiding amongst them. The Indonesian Hospital is now a focus of attention.

The CCTV footage of Israeli hostages within al-Shifa Hospital on October 7, 2023 now supports the IDF and US claims about the al-Shifa Hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67469591

“The US has said it also has intelligence that Hamas has used hospitals in the Gaza Strip, including al-Shifa, as command centres and weapons stores.”

It looks like US intelligence was correct.

IDF Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsuuqB4QjlA

It will be interesting to see if Doctors and staff in Al-Shifa hospital will admit that they were in these videos or saw the hostages witnessed in the videos taken from CCTV. Previously, many Doctors in Gaza have refuted these claims. Will have to wait for the facts on this issue.

Now it has been revealed by the IDF that the hostages were both held and ultimately killed in and around this Hospital.

PBS News Hours stated some interesting historical research from 2014:

“Palestinian civilians accused of colluding with Israel were tortured by Hamas within the grounds of the Al-Shifa Hospital in 2014.”

BBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544XxX9co_0

BBC News talks about hostage negotiations between Israel and Hamas.

Looks like the IDF has rescued the babies from Al-Shifa Hospital and taken them to Egypt.

IDF Transports Babies From Al-Shifa

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz30SenIZkY/

Great work from the Israeli forces to remove these babies from the fighting and used as media pawns by Hamas.

Hamas could have sent these babies to Egypt 4 weeks ago, but clearly, they needed the media attention.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3968 on: November 20, 2023, 10:12:57 PM »

Please 🙏
RilakkuMAGA
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: -2.43

« Reply #3969 on: November 20, 2023, 11:38:11 PM »

@ModernBourbon your video says "English subtitles added by The Electronic Intifada" which I somehow doubt is impartial.  At any rate, the line preceding it is "we will annihilate the swastika bearers" which makes it clear who they want to "annihilate" (assuming The Electronic Intifada translated that term accurately... lol)

Dan Cohen has posted a lot of fake news in this conflict and you shouldn't get your info from him.

Is there any evidence that this is fake - besides "I don't like the guy who posted it"?

There's at least one Hebrew speaker who seems to indicate that it is accurate (saw a tweet by David Mivasair, a left-wing rabbi, confirming his understanding.)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3970 on: November 21, 2023, 12:02:52 AM »

@ModernBourbon your video says "English subtitles added by The Electronic Intifada" which I somehow doubt is impartial.  At any rate, the line preceding it is "we will annihilate the swastika bearers" which makes it clear who they want to "annihilate" (assuming The Electronic Intifada translated that term accurately... lol)

Dan Cohen has posted a lot of fake news in this conflict and you shouldn't get your info from him.

Is there any evidence that this is fake - besides "I don't like the guy who posted it"?

There's at least one Hebrew speaker who seems to indicate that it is accurate (saw a tweet by David Mivasair, a left-wing rabbi, confirming his understanding.)

I don't speak Hebrew but in general I just don't trust extremely obviously biased sources and don't grant credibility to what they say.  If it's actually newsworthy you probably won't have to go to a group that calls itself The Electronic Intifada or Max Blumenthal to find out about it.  These accounts thrive on the presumption that there's some massive widespread cover-up of anti-Israel information and therefore you have to go to The Electronic Intifada to find out about bad things Israel's doing that everyone else won't tell you... but that's clearly not true and what happens far more often is these accounts tweet out misinformation, manipulations or outright lies and their audience laps it up.

That's different from "I don't like the guy who posted it."

But even if it is an accurate and faithful translation, it's not that interesting in the first place since the dark, genocidal interpretation is 100% dependent on ignoring the context of the preceding line in the song.  Which may be why no other news organization covered it, because it's only newsworthy if you intentionally manipulate its meaning by removing a single line from its context.  Not that I would ever accuse The Electronic Intifada of posting a manipulative, inflammatory tweet to try and make people hate Israel.  They would never do that!

So you see, whenever you read stuff from accounts like this, you have to filter it through a layer of "how are they trying to bulls--t me" and "why are they the only ones talking about this" and usually during that filtering process you'll find that they're once again lying to you.  At a certain point you just get tired of being lied to and played for a fool, and you stop listening to what these accounts have to say.  Or at least, I do.  There are evidently loads of people who love being played for a fool again and again and again because they just keep going back to the well even when they know it's poisoned.
RilakkuMAGA
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: -2.43

« Reply #3971 on: November 21, 2023, 12:38:02 AM »

@ModernBourbon your video says "English subtitles added by The Electronic Intifada" which I somehow doubt is impartial.  At any rate, the line preceding it is "we will annihilate the swastika bearers" which makes it clear who they want to "annihilate" (assuming The Electronic Intifada translated that term accurately... lol)

I don't speak Hebrew but in general I just don't trust extremely obviously biased sources and don't grant credibility to what they say.  If it's actually newsworthy you probably won't have to go to a group that calls itself The Electronic Intifada or Max Blumenthal to find out about it.  These accounts thrive on the presumption that there's some massive widespread cover-up of anti-Israel information and therefore you have to go to The Electronic Intifada to find out about bad things Israel's doing that everyone else won't tell you... but that's clearly not true and what happens far more often is these accounts tweet out misinformation, manipulations or outright lies and their audience laps it up.

That's different from "I don't like the guy who posted it."

But even if it is an accurate and faithful translation, it's not that interesting in the first place since the dark, genocidal interpretation is 100% dependent on ignoring the context of the preceding line in the song.  Which may be why no other news organization covered it, because it's only newsworthy if you intentionally manipulate its meaning by removing a single line from its context.  Not that I would ever accuse The Electronic Intifada of posting a manipulative, inflammatory tweet to try and make people hate Israel.  They would never do that!

So you see, whenever you read stuff from accounts like this, you have to filter it through a layer of "how are they trying to bulls--t me" and "why are they the only ones talking about this" and usually during that filtering process you'll find that they're once again lying to you.  At a certain point you just get tired of being lied to and played for a fool, and you stop listening to what these accounts have to say.  Or at least, I do.  There are evidently loads of people who love being played for a fool again and again and again because they just keep going back to the well even when they know it's poisoned.

"XXX is biased and has an agenda so XXX must be lying" is an extraordinarily dangerous and foolish position to take in a conflict like this. It's how you get certain activists who seem to bizarrely and falsely claim that Hamas militants didn't commit any atrocities on 10/7. They are correct in saying that the Israeli government often lies (the "babies in ovens" thing ended up almost certainly being a lie). They are wrong to conclude that means the Israeli government lies about everything (they in fact do have video evidence of Hamas militants murdering children).

Electronic Intifada is clearly an anti-Israel organization, which is why I double-checked the responses, replies, quotes, etc. But I didn't see anything indicating that this video is fake.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3972 on: November 21, 2023, 01:46:25 AM »

I am not dependent on the Israeli government to tell me that the 10/7 massacre happened.  It is easily verifiable that it happened without having to rely on any outlet whatsoever, but even if that weren't the case, there are plenty of credible outlets providing reporting on 10/7.

That said "XXX is biased and has an agenda" is very different from "XXX has a rich history of lying and manipulating and deceiving, so I'm just going to automatically assume they're lying and not use them as a source of information."  That is especially the case for actors like Max Blumenthal who are professional liars and whose entire purpose in the discourse is to spread lies and disinformation.  Why would you trust such a person?  Why would you use them as a source of information?  Why should I be expected to take his claims seriously and devote a single second of my life to taking his claims into consideration?  I don't owe every single person on the planet credence.  I'm well within my rights to draw a line and say "anyone whose credibility is below this line, I'm simply going to completely ignore them."
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3973 on: November 21, 2023, 09:07:46 AM »

@ModernBourbon your video says "English subtitles added by The Electronic Intifada" which I somehow doubt is impartial.  At any rate, the line preceding it is "we will annihilate the swastika bearers" which makes it clear who they want to "annihilate" (assuming The Electronic Intifada translated that term accurately... lol)

Mivasair is not a Rabbi. He has a lot of ties to Jews for Jesus, a Christian supersessionist movement, and has made several odd comments indicating it. Just another weird little touch from JVP.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3974 on: November 21, 2023, 09:36:11 AM »

Ceasefire to begin within 24 hours, 53 civilian hostages to be released in exchange for 159 female/child Palestinian prisoners, and five days of lull. The ceasefire can be extended by an additional 5 days if Hamas releases 50 more.

I highly doubt the ceasefire will actually last all five days, let alone ten.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 ... 329  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies