Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 09:28:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 ... 323
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 232393 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3925 on: November 19, 2023, 11:43:31 AM »

The Houthis just took control of a British owned ship coming from Turkey going to India through the Red Sea which was carrying cars with no Israelis on board. If you wanted to get the Saudis and Egypt pissed, that would be how.

Not to mention all those people in India waiting for their new cars.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3926 on: November 19, 2023, 12:12:46 PM »

Wait so is there a cease fire or not
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3927 on: November 19, 2023, 12:19:28 PM »

This video appears to be quite convincing of a drone flying into the tunnel entrance and showing that it is very clearly a large and significant tunnel.

The IDF and Shin Bet security agency release new footage showing part of Hamas’s tunnel network underneath Gaza City’s Shifa Hospital, where the terror group is believed to have a main command center.

Clips are published from two separate devices that were lowered into a tunnel entrance discovered by the IDF on Thursday in the Shifa complex.

The tunnel shaft had been located on the hospital grounds under a canopy, where IDF troops had also found a Hamas pickup truck with weapons in it, similar to those used by the terror group in the October 7 attacks.

The new videos show that the tunnel shaft has a winding staircase from around three meters deep, continuing down for another seven meters until it reaches part of the tunnel network. The tunnel continues for five meters, before turning to the right and continuing for another 50 meters.

At the end of the tunnel, the footage reveals a blast door with what the IDF says is a gunhole for Hamas to shoot through.

“This type of door is used by the Hamas terror organization to block the ability of our forces to enter the organization's headquarters and underground assets,” the IDF says.

“The findings prove beyond all doubt that buildings in the hospital complex are used as infrastructure for the Hamas terror organization, for terror activity. This is further proof of the cynical use that the Hamas terror organization makes of the residents of the Gaza Strip as a human shield for its murderous terror activities,” the IDF adds.

The IDF and Shin Bet say they are continuing to operate at Shifa to expose Hamas’s tunnel network in the area.

Emanuel (Mannie) Fabian (@manniefabian)

It certainly appears that this is what Israel is saying it is. Hopefully there will be more similar evidence in the coming days, weeks, and months. However, I for one do not hope that they send humans down in there just to try and prove a point to the doubters. Lives of Israeli soldiers should not be unnecessarily risked when it is not yet safe just to prove a point. So I hope they take their time and are cautious.

For now, IMO robots/drones should be the only things going into those tunnels.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3928 on: November 19, 2023, 12:27:14 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2023, 12:30:41 PM by Hnv1 »

Filmed by a special attack dog.

Another one

I think they are now starting to probe this complex. It must have numerous booby traps in the minimum, the worse case is if it’s still manned
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3929 on: November 19, 2023, 12:34:53 PM »

As I previously said, there is a bunker under Al Shifa Hospital.

Israel knows about it because Israel built it.

Senior Hamas officials in Gaza are hiding out in a "bunker" built by Israel, intelligence officials suspect: Many are believed to be in the basements of the Shifa Hospital complex in Gaza City, which was refurbished during Israel's occupation of the Gaza Strip.

https://www.haaretz.com/2009-01-12/ty-article/sources-hamas-leaders-hiding-in-basement-of-israel-built-hospital-in-gaza/0000017f-f5ba-ddde-abff-fdffb4dd0000

The Israelis are so sure about the location of the Hamas bunker, however, not because they are trying to score propaganda points, or because it has been repeatedly mentioned in passing by Western reporters—but because they built it. Back in 1983, when Israel still ruled Gaza, they built a secure underground operating room and tunnel network beneath Shifa hospital—which is one among several reasons why Israeli security sources are so sure that there is a main Hamas command bunker in or around the large cement basement beneath the area of Building 2 of the Hospital, which reporters are obviously prohibited from entering.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/top-secret-hamas-command-bunker-in-gaza-revealed
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3930 on: November 19, 2023, 12:44:05 PM »

As I previously said, there is a bunker under Al Shifa Hospital.

Israel knows about it because Israel built it.

Senior Hamas officials in Gaza are hiding out in a "bunker" built by Israel, intelligence officials suspect: Many are believed to be in the basements of the Shifa Hospital complex in Gaza City, which was refurbished during Israel's occupation of the Gaza Strip.

https://www.haaretz.com/2009-01-12/ty-article/sources-hamas-leaders-hiding-in-basement-of-israel-built-hospital-in-gaza/0000017f-f5ba-ddde-abff-fdffb4dd0000

The Israelis are so sure about the location of the Hamas bunker, however, not because they are trying to score propaganda points, or because it has been repeatedly mentioned in passing by Western reporters—but because they built it. Back in 1983, when Israel still ruled Gaza, they built a secure underground operating room and tunnel network beneath Shifa hospital—which is one among several reasons why Israeli security sources are so sure that there is a main Hamas command bunker in or around the large cement basement beneath the area of Building 2 of the Hospital, which reporters are obviously prohibited from entering.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/top-secret-hamas-command-bunker-in-gaza-revealed
I honestly think I took a sh**t once that had a better grasp of reality than you. Ergo, I will not grace these somewhat peculiar claims with a response.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3931 on: November 19, 2023, 12:51:37 PM »

I am not following stuff on the dead-birdsite and most MSM reporting is trash, which definitely makes it challenging to keep up with what's actually happening.

However, I seem to be noticing a very clear shift in reporting on the al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza (I presuming originating from the IDF and Israeli government), where a few days ago it was "Hamas is operating in the hospital" or "Hamas has tunnels under the hospital", but now I'm seeing "there's a Hamas tunnel entrance near the hospital" or "Hamas had a tunnel entrance on the hospital complex".

So, as someone who is watching this whole progress of terrible events from October 7th onward, it seems that the IDF/Netanyahu government claims have gone from

Prior to the capture of the hospital: "Hamas has some sort of operational hub in or under this hospital", to now,

After the capture of the hospital: "Hamas had a tunnel entrance near the hospital."

These would seem to be fine but very significant distinctions. Am I misreading this? Are others seeing this same shift in narrative?
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3932 on: November 19, 2023, 01:07:05 PM »

Prior to the capture of the hospital: "Hamas has some sort of operational hub in or under this hospital", to now,

After the capture of the hospital: "Hamas had a tunnel entrance near the hospital."

These would seem to be fine but very significant distinctions. Am I misreading this? Are others seeing this same shift in narrative?

Sure, but those two things are not necessarily contradictory.

If there is a tunnel entrance near the hospital, which clearly seems to be the case, it goes somewhere. Where does it go? It may go under the hospital. Or it may go somewhere else that goes under the hospital.

Maybe that is what is behind the blast door in the videos. Maybe not. But personally I don't think it is worth sending humans down there on a suicide mission to check immediately today, if it isn't really necessary. After all, the soldiers who would go down and check are real people with real lives, who could really die if they are not careful.

Remember, if indeed it is correct that Hamas had tunnels under the hospital (especially if it was an important HQ), the point from Hamas' perspective of locating it there would be to dissuade Israel from using bunker buster bombs to destroy it, because the bombs would also destroy the hospital and create an international outcry.

That would be the case if the tunnels went under (or even just near) the hospital. It doesn't require that there be an entrance leading directly from the ER into the tunnels.

And of course, remember that there are other tunnel entrances and exits in different places, and the tunnel system is interconnected in complex ways that only Hamas really knows for sure, so there are probably some other entrances further away from the hospital that would also lead to the same place (if it is in fact true that Hamas has facilities located underneath the hospital).
Birdish
Bartlet2002
United States

« Reply #3933 on: November 19, 2023, 02:38:42 PM »

The IDF appears to have released surveillance video of Hamas bringing a hostage into Shifa Hospital on October 7th.

Edit: This tweet is the link I was sent. I'm not sure who this lady is if anyone was wondering Squinting
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3934 on: November 19, 2023, 02:58:04 PM »

The IDF appears to have released surveillance video of Hamas bringing a hostage into Shifa Hospital on October 7th.

Edit: This tweet is the link I was sent. I'm not sure who this lady is if anyone was wondering Squinting

Telegram links of the same thing

https://t.me/abualiexpress/54089

https://t.me/abualiexpress/54090

Translation from the hebrew on telegram:

Abu Ali Express
The Shin Bet and the IDF reveal unprecedented documentation of the admission of abductees to Shafaa Hospital on October 7

Joint statement to the IDF and Shin Bet spokesmen:

New findings revealed by the IDF and the Shin Bet prove that the Shifa Hospital was used as a terrorist infrastructure where Hamas terrorists took hostages on October 7; new details about the circumstances of the death of the late Corporal Noa Marciano

In the documentation revealed with the help of the General Security Service, Hamas terrorists can be seen on Saturday, October 7, forcibly transporting hostages, a Nepali citizen and a Thai citizen, who were kidnapped from Israeli territory. In addition, military vehicles that were brought from Israel during the murderous massacre can be seen inside the area of Shifa Hospital.

These findings prove that the terrorist organization Hamas used the Shifa hospital on the day of the massacre itself as a terrorist infrastructure.

These findings join the proofs we showed earlier, which prove that the terrorist organization Hamas uses the hospital area as an infrastructure for its terrorist activities in a systematic and ongoing manner.

Attached is documentation from Shifa Hospital from the day of the kidnapping, October 7, 2023, between the hours of 10:42 and 11:01 a.m. and in which abductees from Israeli territory are seen surrounded by armed Hamas terrorists. One of them is injured and is being carried on a hospital bed and the other is walking. These are the abductees, a Thai citizen and a Nepalese citizen, and a message about the found documentation was given to the relevant authorities.

The documentation is attached:
https://bit.ly/3QHSDwF

https://bit.ly/49KtWbC

Attached are photos from the transport of the abductees to Shifa Hospital: https://IDFANC.activetrail.biz/ANC1911202384785758

Also attached are photos of IDF vehicles in the area of Shifa Hospital: https://IDFANC.activetrail.biz/ANC19112023.7879852

A few days ago, the bodies of the late Judith Weiss and the late Corporal Noa Marciano, who were kidnapped on October 7, were returned to Israel. Acting on intelligence information from the Shin Bet, IDF forces located the bodies of Noa and the late Yehudit. Each of them was found in a different building near the Shifa Hospital.
The IDF and the Shin Bet share in the grief of the bereaved families, and will continue to act and take advantage of every opportunity to return the abductees home.

Attached is a sync of the 7th Brigade, Col. Elad Tzuri, describing the activity of the forces to find the late Corporal Noa Marciano: https://bit.ly/3QDxN1a

Attached is an infographic with the locations of the bodies of the late Judith Weiss and the late Corporal Noa Marciano: https://IDFANC.activetrail.biz/ANC97543
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3935 on: November 19, 2023, 03:00:16 PM »

another video. As you can see this is from btw 10-11 am on Shabbat morning. The hospital is full of terrorists taking in abducted Israelis, and Thai, and Philippines foreign workers. According the IDF spokesman Noa Marciano was murdered inside Shifaa hospital
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3936 on: November 19, 2023, 03:03:13 PM »

These findings prove that the Hamas terrorist organization used the Shifa Hospital complex on the day of the October 7 Massacre as terrorist infrastructure. 2/2

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3937 on: November 19, 2023, 03:06:12 PM »

How long will this military operation continue?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3938 on: November 19, 2023, 03:45:17 PM »

A couple thoughts:

1) The new footage of these tunnels does seem quite compelling.  There is an odd cut in one of the videos, and the other one is up against the wall for a lot of the video, which is leading some online to say it's a descent into a well spliced with a video of a different tunnel.  I find that unlikely but frankly the Israelis have lied so much on social media that they deserve this kind of skepticism.

2) At any rate they will need to open that blast door if they want people to believe this tunnel was actively being used by Hamas, since Israel themselves have said they built an underground bunker when they originally built the hospital (meaning this could just be an old Israeli bunker that wasn't being actively used by Hamas).

3) The footage of the hostage being dragged into the hospital -- assuming this is indeed a hostage and not just some injured Palestinian man -- is pretty shocking because it shows that this was not some big secret and people had to have known there were hostages in the hospital -- whether they were being held there or merely given medical attention.  Several international organizations have claimed there were no hostages at the hospital.  This would seem to be incontrovertible proof that there were hostages present, and they may indeed be the same hostages whose corpses were later found by the IDF.  I've never particularly trusted these international organizations that work in Gaza and this only degrades their credibility further, assuming as I said that the IDF is being truthful about what the videos depict.

4)  What's up with the peace deal story?  I was at a party last night and wasn't able to read anything beyond the headline.  Today, the story seems to be contradicted by the Biden Administration.  So was this just fake news reported by WaPo?  Or were they just scooping Biden?  Either way it seems like Hamas has almost entirely moved their operation to the south, meaning Israel will need to take time to prepare the next stage of their operation in either case, and their focus for now is on investigating and destroying abandoned Hamas infrastructure in Gaza City.  So this is an opportune time to focus on humanitarian concerns.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3939 on: November 19, 2023, 04:18:05 PM »

How long will this military operation continue?

I suspect the goal for Netanyahu is to continue it until all Palestinians are dead or forced out.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #3940 on: November 19, 2023, 05:06:31 PM »

Fascist state teaches children to hate
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3941 on: November 19, 2023, 05:13:02 PM »

@ModernBourbon your video says "English subtitles added by The Electronic Intifada" which I somehow doubt is impartial.  At any rate, the line preceding it is "we will annihilate the swastika bearers" which makes it clear who they want to "annihilate" (assuming The Electronic Intifada translated that term accurately... lol)

Dan Cohen has posted a lot of fake news in this conflict and you shouldn't get your info from him.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3942 on: November 19, 2023, 05:18:14 PM »

So yesterday I saw several tweets go viral claiming that Israel had killed a large number of babies, or perhaps all the babies, who had been born prematurely and kept in incubators in the al-Shifa hospital.

this is just a sample.

About 40 minutes ago AP published a wire saying that Israel moved the babies out of the hospital and is transferring them to Egypt for care.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-11-19-2023-08a2f441a9ea03bf0bb3db0de6fc5408

Why are they transferring dead babies?  Or is it perhaps the case that the babies aren't dead and the most viral posts on Twitter were lying?

Be careful where you get your news, people.  For heaven's sake don't get your news from social media.  It is full of liars, manipulators, and paid propagandists.

And for the love of god, get angry when people lie to you!  Get angry when people try to take advantage of you!  Don't just immediately turn around and trust them again!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3943 on: November 19, 2023, 07:18:01 PM »

So they're not killing them. They're just transferring them to another country and likely planning measures to keep them there.

I suppose that's marginally better.
Logical

« Reply #3944 on: November 19, 2023, 07:25:01 PM »

Hamas connected newspaper says a hostage deal has been reached. No confirmation from the Israeli side yet.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3945 on: November 19, 2023, 08:49:29 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2023, 12:46:46 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Tunnels and Hostages at Al-Shifa Hospital

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzwIR19yCgW/
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3946 on: November 19, 2023, 08:54:18 PM »

England's greatest ever Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, would have crushed the Pro-Palestinian protests in London according to her former aide, Nile Gardiner.

https://www.heritage.org/europe/commentary/how-thatcher-would-have-crushed-the-pro-palestinian-protesters

I am in no doubt that she would have supported an outright ban on the hate-filled pro-Palestine/pro-Hamas “protests.”
Bettmann / Contributor / Getty Images

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3947 on: November 19, 2023, 09:10:07 PM »

England's greatest ever Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, would have crushed the Pro-Palestinian protests in London according to her former aide, Nile Gardiner.

https://www.heritage.org/europe/commentary/how-thatcher-would-have-crushed-the-pro-palestinian-protesters

I am in no doubt that she would have supported an outright ban on the hate-filled pro-Palestine/pro-Hamas “protests.”

Hate group says that 'hate-filled' marches should be banned.

K. Imagine quoting the Heritage Foundation to claim that others are 'hate-filled'.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #3948 on: November 19, 2023, 09:26:24 PM »

Unhinged comment
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3949 on: November 19, 2023, 10:03:13 PM »

So Israel went from "no way we bombed that hospital" to "oh look, this was Hamas about that hospital, and that was Hamas about that hospital, if was Hamas HQ..." and we still don't think they bombed the hospital??
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 ... 323  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies