Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:49:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 329
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 239259 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3050 on: October 27, 2023, 06:11:44 PM »

I must say that my interest in the conflict has significantly decreased, since it just appears to be a big, huge, insane, convoluted mess.

It's been that way for 75 years.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3051 on: October 27, 2023, 06:15:39 PM »

Various updates, per Twitter:

There was a long debate I read yesterday about whether smoking tunnels out with carbon monoxide or deliberately striking ventilation systems counts as chemical warfare. (Apparently tear gas does definitely and specifically cont, which is darkly amusing because it's widely used by police departments against rioters all around the world -- heck, since this is an American politics forum, I'll note a substantial part of the business of Cory Mills (R-FL), before politics, was selling it.)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3052 on: October 27, 2023, 06:16:34 PM »

What is likely going to happen?

Will Hamas lose power?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3053 on: October 27, 2023, 07:50:34 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2023, 07:59:11 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

846 years ago to the day (OK, week), a fight for Gaza was brewing.

King Baldwin IV of Jerusalem vs Saladin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxOohaleI4M

Without CNN and Al Jazeera, things were much simpler back in the day.

Pope Francis has asked the Italian Air Force to fire up the Eurofighter Typhoons.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3054 on: October 27, 2023, 07:57:46 PM »

846 years ago to the day (OK, week), a fight for Gaza was brewing.

King Baldwin IV of Jerusalem vs Saladin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxOohaleI4M

Without CNN and Al Jazeera, things were much simpler back in the day.

This time the Christians are getting killed together with the Muslims.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3055 on: October 27, 2023, 08:12:24 PM »

Reportedly the 2023-24 school year in Gaza has been cancelled because all of the children are dead.

Just let that sink in. All the children. That's hundreds of thousands of children. That's a level of genocide that would make Putin jealous. And we helped Israel do that.

I'm done with this country.

So Israel just killed 1 million people?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3056 on: October 27, 2023, 08:25:58 PM »

Reportedly the 2023-24 school year in Gaza has been cancelled because all of the children are dead.

Just let that sink in. All the children. That's hundreds of thousands of children. That's a level of genocide that would make Putin jealous. And we helped Israel do that.

Yes.

Lots of bad sh**t is definitely happening there, but there are not 1 million dead children.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #3057 on: October 27, 2023, 08:28:54 PM »

Yes.
Dude, stop. This is lame.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3058 on: October 27, 2023, 08:30:20 PM »

Yes.
Dude, stop. This is lame.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3059 on: October 27, 2023, 08:32:13 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2023, 05:26:34 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Is this what you call a snowfight?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3060 on: October 27, 2023, 08:52:40 PM »

Dude really posted a tweet from some random account as evidence
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3061 on: October 27, 2023, 09:06:30 PM »

Total telecommunications blackout in Gaza. Will severely limit both further reporting and the ability to identify casualties.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3062 on: October 27, 2023, 09:33:12 PM »

The USMC publicly distancing itself from this is an absolutely horrific omen. I would say that we're about to see very bad things here, but it looks like we won't be allowed to see them. Again--total blackout.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3063 on: October 27, 2023, 09:39:49 PM »

I am horrified, at this point I am expecting it to look like Grozny after all is said and done, but what makes it worse is there will be nowhere for the civilians to flee as they are quite literally stuck in the Strip.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #3064 on: October 27, 2023, 10:02:43 PM »

The USMC publicly distancing itself from this is an absolutely horrific omen. I would say that we're about to see very bad things here, but it looks like we won't be allowed to see them. Again--total blackout.

Either that or the USMC thinks the ground invasion is going to be a huge failure for Israel.
Birdish
Bartlet2002
United States

« Reply #3065 on: October 27, 2023, 10:15:32 PM »

Appears the invasion has begun.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/27/israel-hamas-ground-invasion-gaza

Some less reputable sources are saying thousands of Israeli troops have entered Gaza.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3066 on: October 27, 2023, 10:46:16 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2023, 10:51:55 PM by NOVA Green »

From the very beginning of the Hamas Terrorist assault on Israeli Civilian targets using ground assault commando forces, I have stated that Israel has both and right and moral obligation to all Israeli Citizens to use military force against the Political-Military organization which caused these atrocities.

Regardless, I have been consistent in my life perspective over many decades when it comes to protesting and opposing Governments, including my own, when it comes to how wars are waged and how many innocent civilians die as a result of direct and indirect consequences as a result of massive military power unleashed in ways where somehow "Collateral Damage" is considered to be an acceptable part of "Western Democracies" waging War.

We still don't know if Israel will do a full-scale invasion, let alone an occupation of Gaza, but as I posited very early on, the civilian casualties will likely expand exponentially.

As it is we have innocent civilians in Gaza dying in hospitals due to lack of fuel. Even hospitals still open are difficult to get to even if you have wheels... some Gazan residents are saving enough fuel in their car to make it to the nearest hospital that might still exist and be functional.

Food crisis worsens... even with the limited amount of food aid coming over from the Rafah Crossing, without fuel, most of the "bread factories" run by an NGO are effectively shut down.

Water crisis worsens... the most vulnerable (Children, Elderly, and Ill) are drinking water not fit for human consumption.

Although I had predicted at some point a Cholera outbreak within Gaza has not yet materialized, it is likely not far away.

Despite what appears to be inaccurate reporting of an Israeli bombing of a hospital a bit back, there is actually a very real and immediate humanitarian crisis going on right now in Gaza, and it will only continue to worsen.

Protested against "Smart Bombs" killing Iraqi Civilians and Infrastructure in 1991, as well in in Iraq War 2.0.

Sometimes "Smart Bombs" and all sorts of newer gigs end up being the same old same old, where bombs kill tons of innocents as part of a way to bring an end to war...

Meanwhile all other actors gather and posture and likely extend the war much further...

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3067 on: October 27, 2023, 11:56:39 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2023, 12:00:54 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

A Pope's speech that inspired a war against the "Moslems" of Palestine and Syria which was written 928 years ago.

"They have occupied more and more of the lands of those Christians, and have overcome them in seven battles. They have killed and captured many, and have destroyed the churches and devastated the empire. If you permit them to continue thus for awhile with impurity, the faithful of God will be much more widely attacked by them. On this account I, or rather the Lord, beseech you as Christ's heralds to publish this everywhere and to persuade all people of whatever rank, foot-soldiers and knights, poor and rich, to carry aid promptly to those Christians and to destroy that vile race from the lands of our friends. I say this to those who are present, it meant also for those who are absent. Moreover, Christ commands it.

"All who die by the way, whether by land or by sea, or in battle against the pagans, shall have immediate remission of sins. This I grant them through the power of God with which I am invested. O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ! With what reproaches will the Lord overwhelm us if you do not aid those who, with us, profess the Christian religion! Let those who have been accustomed unjustly to wage private warfare against the faithful now go against the infidels and end with victory this war which should have been begun long ago. Let those who for a long time, have been robbers, now become knights. Let those who have been fighting against their brothers and relatives now fight in a proper way against the barbarians. Let those who have been serving as mercenaries for small pay now obtain the eternal reward. Let those who have been wearing themselves out in both body and soul now work for a double honor. Behold! on this side will be the sorrowful and poor, on that, the rich; on this side, the enemies of the Lord, on that, his friends. Let those who go not put off the journey, but rent their lands and collect money for their expenses; and as soon as winter is over and spring comes, let hem eagerly set out on the way with God as their guide."

November 27th 1095 CE,
Pope Urban II

Taking of Jerusalem by the Crusaders, 15th July 1099, Émile Signol, oil on canvas (1847)

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3068 on: October 28, 2023, 12:20:25 AM »

Haaretz reports some of the heaviest nights of bombardments since the Hamas Terrorist assault against Israel.

"Gaza Strip residents reported that the night's attacks were the worst since the beginning of the war saying the bombings were incessant in the east of the Gaza Strip, mainly in the northern area from Jabaliya to Beit Lahia and Beit Hanun, but also east of Deir al-Balah in the center of the Gaza Strip and Khan Yunis in the south.

Hamas and Islamic Jihad announced last night that they fought battles in the northern Gaza Strip with IDF forces.

It is not yet known how many people were killed and injured in the attacks because connection with the medical teams was cut off following damages to the internet network in the Strip. The teams also could not reach the areas that were bombed by the IDF due to the intesity of the attacks
."

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-28/ty-article-live/gazans-report-heaviest-night-of-attacks-since-outbreak-of-war-as-idf-expands-ground-op/
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3069 on: October 28, 2023, 12:25:40 AM »

Israel is continuing to take out Senior Hamas military leaders in Gaza, regardless of "Collateral Damage" against civilian Non-Combatants.

"The IDF announced that it had assassinated the head of the Hamas air force in the Gaza Strip last night in an airstrike. According to the report, Atsam Abu Raffa was one of the planners of the attack against Israeli communities on October 7.

The IDF's statement added that he directed the terrorists who infiltrated Israeli territory on paragliders and directed the drone attacks that hit IDF positions
."

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-28/ty-article-live/
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3070 on: October 28, 2023, 12:31:45 AM »

Jerusalem Post reporting battles between IDF and Hamas in Northern Gaza...

"Hamas stated early Saturday that their forces encountered Israeli forces and said that they are ready to fight with force against any ground invasion by Israel, Walla reported.

Palestinian reports stated earlier that there are battles between IDF personnel and Hamas terrorists between city of Beit Hanoun and the Bureij refugee camp in northern Gaza.

It was only hours earlier that Palestinian media also reported that Israeli tanks were taking their position within the Gaza Strip late Friday night.

Around the same time, Israeli Air Force began attacking Hamas targets in the northern Gaza Strip on Friday night.

Shortly before 2 a.m. Israel times, rocket sirens sounded in the moshav Netiv HaAssara that borders northern Gaza
."

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/defense-news/2023-10-27/live-updates-770419
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3071 on: October 28, 2023, 12:37:59 AM »

Meanwhile, The Times of Israel is also following the breaking news, now that the Sun is rising in the "Holy Land", which is allegedly the cradle of three different major Western Religions, regardless of the fact that many of these historical conflicts in the region have much less to do with religion, but rather Geo-Political politics.

The head of Hamas’s so-called aerial array Issam Abu Rukbeh has been killed in an overnight airstrike, the Israel Defense Forces and Shin Bet security services announce.

The military says Abu Rukbeh was responsible for managing the terror group’s drones, unmanned aerial vehicles, paragliders, aerial detection systems, and air defenses.

The military says that he played a role in the planning and execution of the October 7 onslaught by Hamas by directing the terrorists who entered southern Israel on paragliders, as well as the drone attacks on Israel Defense Forces observation posts

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-october-28-2023/

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3072 on: October 28, 2023, 02:20:13 AM »

Cool story, bro.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3073 on: October 28, 2023, 03:05:19 AM »

The hostages' families are reportedly not happy at all with the decision to begin the ground invasion now.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #3074 on: October 28, 2023, 05:06:55 AM »

The hostages' families are reportedly not happy at all with the decision to begin the ground invasion now.

They should have been told that this is not like the other hostage cases, and essentially consider their family members deceased. Harsh but that's the reality of the impass.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 329  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies