Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:47:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 ... 311
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 220094 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2875 on: October 21, 2023, 10:52:08 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2023, 10:56:22 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

I find this hard to trust considering other polls show 19% of 18-29 year olds and 9% of Americans sympathizing more with Palestine (page 78). https://www.scribd.com/document/678478269/20231016-yahoo-tabs-1

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #2876 on: October 22, 2023, 02:11:40 AM »

Half of 18–34-year-olds being pro-terrorism is legitimately concerning.

I think there is substantial response bias here but it'll probably still be around 25-33% from experience.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2877 on: October 22, 2023, 04:07:59 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2023, 04:11:13 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

US Secretary of Defence Lloyd Austin is calling up more navy and marines for the Middle East regional conflict.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/defense-secretary-issues-plan-bolster-regional-deterrence-efforts-move-warships-increase-forces

"The secretary said that USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group will join the USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group, which was recently moved to the Eastern Mediterranean following the unprecedented assault on Israel from Hamas terrorists."

Aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) transits the Strait of Gibraltar June 13, 2016, into the Mediterranean Sea.  (Michael R. Gendron/U.S. Navy via Getty Images)

The USA entering right into the danger zone.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #2878 on: October 22, 2023, 05:02:18 AM »

I have to say the Israelis have been acting very unstable….the US should seriously demand Netanyahu and the far right bearded freaks step down in exchange for continued US support for Israel.
Netanyahu is severely unpopular, his new coalition partners want to make sure that he is out.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2879 on: October 22, 2023, 05:08:08 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2023, 05:36:57 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

President Harry Truman

Israel Creation

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyrEMlWOS2F/

Harry Truman talks about the decision to create a Jewish state following WW2. One of his bigger moments in the job.

And in other news, Palestinians are not in the mood to talk about Oct 7, 2023.

Palestinian Journalist Interview

https://fb.watch/nQJ7oT-KRm/

CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2880 on: October 22, 2023, 07:10:51 AM »

You don't.

That doesn't mean you can't negotiate with Palestinians.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2881 on: October 22, 2023, 07:58:48 AM »

You don't.

That doesn't mean you can't negotiate with Palestinians.

There's a concerted effort to combine the two in order to collectively punish a whole people.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2882 on: October 22, 2023, 08:02:36 AM »

to be fair to the young lady, if she speaks any truth, she's dead in 2 hours.  Good question to ask our anti-Semites though.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2883 on: October 22, 2023, 09:52:05 AM »

to be fair to the young lady, if she speaks any truth, she's dead in 2 hours.  Good question to ask our anti-Semites though.

Considering the disproportionate and collective punishment Israel wants to impose on Gazans, she probably will be dead in 2 hours.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2884 on: October 22, 2023, 09:55:57 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2023, 10:37:51 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

News from CBS

Israel-Hamas War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGYk4pSOCaQ

Gaza

Senior Hamas Commander, Mahmud Sabi,  is dead. The Israeli’s did a lot of shooting, and they did a lot of blasting.

He died like a dog.

Israel have said that 212 people are remaining as hostages in Gaza.

The IDF have advised Gazans to move south.

"Urgent warning, to residents of Gaza. Your presence north of Wadi Gaza [a stream running through the Gaza Valley] puts your life in danger. Whoever chooses not to leave north Gaza to the south of Wadi Gaza might be identified as an accomplice in a terrorist organisation."

A Mervava tank gets in position near the border with Gaza on Sunday 22 October, 2023 (Reuters: Violeta Santos Moura)

Lebanon

Hezbollah have increased their attacks at the northern border during the last week.

In August 2023, Netanyahu warned Hezbollah if they attack Israel, then they will be bombed back into the Stone Age.

In October 2023, both Biden and Netanyahu warned Hezbollah not to get involved. Netanyahu added that:

“2014 will look like a picnic compared to what we will do.”
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2885 on: October 22, 2023, 10:01:39 AM »

Another Concept Implodes: Israel Can’t Be Managed by a Criminal Defendant (Haaretz, October 9th)
Effectively, Netanyahu’s entire worldview collapsed over the course of a single day. He was convinced that he could make deals with corrupt Arab tyrants while ignoring the cornerstone of the Arab-Jewish conflict, the Palestinians. His life’s work was to turn the ship of state from the course steered by his predecessors, from Yitzhak Rabin to Ehud Olmert, and make the two-state solution impossible. En route to this goal, he found a partner in Hamas.

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” he told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019. “This is part of our strategy – to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2886 on: October 22, 2023, 11:54:06 AM »

Another Concept Implodes: Israel Can’t Be Managed by a Criminal Defendant (Haaretz, October 9th)
Effectively, Netanyahu’s entire worldview collapsed over the course of a single day. He was convinced that he could make deals with corrupt Arab tyrants while ignoring the cornerstone of the Arab-Jewish conflict, the Palestinians. His life’s work was to turn the ship of state from the course steered by his predecessors, from Yitzhak Rabin to Ehud Olmert, and make the two-state solution impossible. En route to this goal, he found a partner in Hamas.

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” he told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019. “This is part of our strategy – to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”

As so many on the Israeli side have said (and to be clear, I'm on the side of Israeli civilians and especially what I still believe to be the tolerant, civil majority of Israeli society) let's crush Hamas.

And let's start by removing the incompetent and enabling fool that is Netanyahu, enact a ceasefire and then work /w other Palestinian elements that are willing to root out Hamas leadership, deradicalize young 'soldiers' (I'm talking 16-17yo and lower so literal child soldiers, maybe 18-19) who can be reached and reintegrated into society and punish those responsible for the most heinous crimes, terrorism, to the fullest extent of the law while working with international organizations to ensure that innocent Palestinian civilians are not collateral damage.

I'm not a foreign policy expert by any means, and I obviously won't play any substantive roll in how this crisis/conflict unfolds. But I do hope that, in the long run, maybe somehow some good will come of it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2887 on: October 22, 2023, 12:10:35 PM »

to be fair to the young lady, if she speaks any truth, she's dead in 2 hours.  Good question to ask our anti-Semites though.

Considering the disproportionate and collective punishment Israel wants to impose on Gazans, she probably will be dead in 2 hours.
so, by your logic, slightly more than half the population of Gaza will die in the next two hours and it's entirely Israel's fault?  Seems unlikely to me, but I'm willing to wait to see if you're right.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2888 on: October 22, 2023, 12:28:53 PM »

so, by your logic, slightly more than half the population of Gaza will die in the next two hours and it's entirely Israel's fault?  Seems unlikely to me, but I'm willing to wait to see if you're right.

I may or may not be right about the time frame, but I am afraid I won't be wrong about the final outcome. There seem to be plenty of people within this far right government in Israel that want to deliver collective punishment on the people of Gaza. These people have openly worked against a two state solution. So what do you think they want to do with the Palestinian people in the long term? They are the same as the people on the Palestinian side who also work against a two state solution because they want to kill every single Jew in Israel. Ben Gvir and his ilk would like to eliminate every single Palestinian/Arab in Israel and the occupied territories. Just because one side is full of far-right bearded freaks who want to eliminate their enemy doesn't mean we have to support the other side's far-right bearded freaks who want to eliminate their enemy. And both sides include civilians within the umbrella of "enemy".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2889 on: October 22, 2023, 12:40:13 PM »

I may or may not be right about the time frame,
you are 100% wrong about the time frame, but go on
but I am afraid I won't be wrong about the final outcome. There seem to be plenty of people within this far right government in Israel that want to deliver collective punishment on the people of Gaza. These people have openly worked against a two state solution. So what do you think they want to do with the Palestinian people in the long term? They are the same as the people on the Palestinian side who also work against a two state solution because they want to kill every single Jew in Israel. Ben Gvir and his ilk would like to eliminate every single Palestinian/Arab in Israel and the occupied territories. Just because one side is full of far-right bearded freaks who want to eliminate their enemy doesn't mean we have to support the other side's far-right bearded freaks who want to eliminate their enemy. And both sides include civilians within the umbrella of "enemy".
Israel has had the capability to do that for decades and haven't, everyone knows if the combat boots were on the other feet there would be as many Jews in "liberated" Palestine as there are in Egypt and Jordan (virtually none).

Another thing everyone knows is true is that if in 6 months half of Gaza's population is dead, I'll be like "damn, I was very wrong" and if that isn't true, you'll still be an anti-Zionist and will have not changed your views on the issue at all.  And in a few years when the next group of terrorists does enough terrorism to get a response, you'll be singing about how this time they'll really get the genocide going.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2890 on: October 22, 2023, 12:58:57 PM »

I may or may not be right about the time frame,
you are 100% wrong about the time frame, but go on
but I am afraid I won't be wrong about the final outcome. There seem to be plenty of people within this far right government in Israel that want to deliver collective punishment on the people of Gaza. These people have openly worked against a two state solution. So what do you think they want to do with the Palestinian people in the long term? They are the same as the people on the Palestinian side who also work against a two state solution because they want to kill every single Jew in Israel. Ben Gvir and his ilk would like to eliminate every single Palestinian/Arab in Israel and the occupied territories. Just because one side is full of far-right bearded freaks who want to eliminate their enemy doesn't mean we have to support the other side's far-right bearded freaks who want to eliminate their enemy. And both sides include civilians within the umbrella of "enemy".
Israel has had the capability to do that for decades and haven't, everyone knows if the combat boots were on the other feet there would be as many Jews in "liberated" Palestine as there are in Egypt and Jordan (virtually none).

Another thing everyone knows is true is that if in 6 months half of Gaza's population is dead, I'll be like "damn, I was very wrong" and if that isn't true, you'll still be an anti-Zionist and will have not changed your views on the issue at all.  And in a few years when the next group of terrorists does enough terrorism to get a response, you'll be singing about how this time they'll really get the genocide going.

Sure, Israel could have committed a genocide for decades now and they haven't. And they haven't done that because they have been ruled by civilzed rulers who don't want do to others what was done to their own people by Germany and others in Europe. The leadership quality has deteriorated quite significantly in Israel recently.....

If you are committed to a two state solution, there is no need for genocide. When either side doesn't commit to such a solution, the only alternative is genocide, because they have already decided living together is a no go. Hamas and Hezbollah are all for it, as we already know. Looks like Israel is coming around to that viewpoint as well.

And while I will be very happy to be wrong about half of the population of Gaza dying, the apartheid state in the occupied territories will still continue. I guess it's better than genocide but am I just supposed to accept that as a solution? At least in the past the Israeli policy was a de facto two state solution with Israel controlling territories it wanted for itself or deemed necessary to control for their own security. The current government just wants to annex all of the west bank when there are millions of Palestinians living there now. What are their plans for them? Watch the video posted by Meclazine earlier if you don't know what conditions Palestinians live in where Settlers are moving in and unleashing terror on them. I cannot and will not sign off on that racist sh**t.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2891 on: October 22, 2023, 01:11:36 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2023, 02:50:52 PM by Velasco »

I wouldn't ignore the signals coming from the far-right Israeli government,  as well as I think it's a fatal mistake unconditionally siding with said government (regardless of whether the Biden administration is making backstage efforts to prevent further escalation and more unspeakable atrocities). Everybody should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, including Israel. The failure of western democracies in the implementation of a rules based order will be extremely costly in the years to come

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2892 on: October 22, 2023, 06:19:13 PM »

It’s always a confusing thing why Israel doesn’t just tear the bandaid off and start conscripting Haredis. Is a reversal of such an ordinance only possible through the Knesset or courts?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2893 on: October 22, 2023, 06:43:20 PM »

It’s always a confusing thing why Israel doesn’t just tear the bandaid off and start conscripting Haredis. Is a reversal of such an ordinance only possible through the Knesset or courts?
Why would Netanyahu jeopardize the live of his own political base when he could just put a bunch of secular Israelis who would be less likely to vote for him or a coalition partner at risk instead?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2894 on: October 22, 2023, 08:09:00 PM »

Why would Netanyahu jeopardize the live of his own political base when he could just put a bunch of secular Israelis who would be less likely to vote for him or a coalition partner at risk instead?
Sure, but in the event of this no longer being sustainable, what would it take to engage in conscription.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2895 on: October 22, 2023, 09:43:13 PM »

Sure, but in the event of this no longer being sustainable, what would it take to engage in conscription.

I thought i saw an article or two about how record numbers of Jews in Israel exempt from military service were voluntarily enlisting after the October 7th Hamas terrorist attack heavily targeting civilian populations?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2896 on: October 22, 2023, 10:06:43 PM »

I thought i saw an article or two about how record numbers of Jews in Israel exempt from military service were voluntarily enlisting after the October 7th Hamas terrorist attack heavily targeting civilian populations?
The number of voluntary enlistees is always going to be less efficient than having a mandatory draft, I am genuinely asking what exactly would remove the exception of Haredis.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2897 on: October 23, 2023, 12:31:47 AM »

The number of voluntary enlistees is always going to be less efficient than having a mandatory draft, I am genuinely asking what exactly would remove the exception of Haredis.

A government without Haredi parties in it that lasted longer than a year.
strangerinthealps
Rookie
United States
« Reply #2898 on: October 23, 2023, 07:15:42 AM »

and the people who believe Michael Brown was murdered by the police

...He literally was. Wtf are you talking about?

He wasn't murdered.

The "Hands up, don't shoot" narrative that caused the riots was literally proven to be false, and was provided to the media by Brown's accomplice in strong-arming the store where he stole cigars.

Forensic and dash-cam evidence supported that Brown beat the hell out of Darren Wilson and was charging him when he was shot.

But if you've already used it as an excuse to burn and loot your neightbors businesses, I guess it's easier to believe the original narrative.

Cognitive dissonance...
strangerinthealps
Rookie
United States
« Reply #2899 on: October 23, 2023, 07:25:56 AM »

You do realise your signature occupies 610*838 px high every time you post?

It's literally the tallest signatures on the forum repeated 4,500 times.

It's still more relevant than the twitter propaganda diarrhea he is posting...
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 ... 311  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies