Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:20:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 313
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 223552 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: October 08, 2023, 12:49:56 PM »

God forbid that anyone express sympathy for women living in a war zone who are being targeted for abduction, rape, and who knows what else on account of their sex. WTF.

Who tf criticized people "expressing sympathy"?

I just don't understand why women are more worthy of rescue than men.. Especially since many of these women are likely former soldiers. The number one focus should be rescuing the children.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #926 on: October 08, 2023, 12:50:57 PM »

Yeah, the issue isn't that women are more deserving of release, it's that the feral sadists of Hamas target women and girls for a special kind of abuse. But it doesn't matter, because there will be no prisoner exchanges. The price Hamas demands for them is too high and can't be paid in the aftermath of a slaughter. The only way any of the hostages come home is via escape or liberation, and the latter will likely require a level of military strike that will make many people incredibly uncomfortable. But it doesn't matter. The rubicon has been crossed.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #927 on: October 08, 2023, 12:51:49 PM »

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/turkish-president-erdogan-calls-for-independent-geographically-integrated-palestinian-state-/3011762

"Turkish President Erdogan calls for ‘independent, geographically integrated Palestinian state’"

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Sunday said the realization of an independent, and geographically integrated Palestinian state based on 1967 borders, with (East) Jerusalem as the capital, could not be delayed any longer.

This seems to be the position of Russia and PRC as well

That's my position as well.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #928 on: October 08, 2023, 12:53:02 PM »

But it doesn't matter, because there will be no prisoner exchanges. The price Hamas demands for them is too high and can't be paid in the aftermath of a slaughter.
Thinking that Hamas, of all organizations, would allow their hostages to be released is ridiculous, given that Hamas does NOT care about human lives, as seen by their attacks a few days ago.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #929 on: October 08, 2023, 12:53:12 PM »

Benjamin Netanyahu
“In our neighbourhood, we need to protect ourselves from wild beasts.“At the end of the day as I see it, there will be a fence like this one surrounding Israel in its entirety. We will surround the entire state of Israel with a fence, a barrier.”
The only way to deal with the Palestinians is to "beat them up, not once but repeatedly, beat them up so it hurts so badly, until it's unbearable..."

Eli Ben-Dahan
Palestinians are beasts, they are not human.
A Jew always has a much higher soul than a non-Jew, even if he is a homosexual.

Moshe Yaalon
The Palestinian threat harbours cancer-like attributes that have to be severed and fought to the bitter end. There are all kinds of solutions to cancer. Some say it's necessary to amputate organs but at the moment I am applying chemotherapy.

Ayelet Shaked
Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there. They have to die and their houses should be demolished so that they cannot bear any more terrorists.

Avi Dichter
The Israeli Army has enough bullets for every Palestinian.

Avigdor Lieberman
“We must continue to fight Hamas just like the United States did with the Japanese in World War II. Then, too, the occupation of the country was unnecessary.”
"It would be better to drown these prisoners in the Dead Sea if possible, since that's the lowest point in the world.

Eli Yishai
We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn't stop with Hiroshima - the Japanese weren't surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too. There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing.

Some quotes by current and former prime minister, minister of defence, minister of justice, minister of agriculture, foreign minister en minister of internal affairs of Israel.

Every minute, Israel sounds more and more like Russia.

First of this is completely lol worthy and even if it was true:

Russia>Chechyna
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #930 on: October 08, 2023, 12:53:26 PM »

Whoever started the "I stand with" movement needs to be arrested
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #931 on: October 08, 2023, 12:54:43 PM »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-calls-on-its-citizens-to-leave-egypt-not-visit-mideast-countries-with-travel-warnings/

"Israel calls on its citizens to leave Egypt, not visit Mideast countries with travel warnings"
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #932 on: October 08, 2023, 12:55:23 PM »

Yeah, the issue isn't that women are more deserving of release, it's that the feral sadists of Hamas target women and girls for a special kind of abuse. But it doesn't matter, because there will be no prisoner exchanges. The price Hamas demands for them is too high and can't be paid in the aftermath of a slaughter. The only way any of the hostages come home is via escape or liberation, and the latter will likely require a level of military strike that will make many people incredibly uncomfortable. But it doesn't matter. The rubicon has been crossed.

So you're saying that people need to throw the hostages under the bus just to strike Gaza hard
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #933 on: October 08, 2023, 12:55:58 PM »

Also I'd bet top dollar some of the men are being SAed as well, but that doesn't stir the same rage in people. Smh
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #934 on: October 08, 2023, 12:56:23 PM »

So you're saying that people need to throw the hostages under the bus just to strike Gaza hard

To be fair I can flip it around and say that negotiating and giving ground based on hostages will merely incentive Hamas to take more hostages costly more Israel lives on the long run.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #935 on: October 08, 2023, 12:56:59 PM »

Also I'd bet top dollar some of the men are being SAed as well, but that doesn't stir the same rage in people. Smh

I doubt it about grown men (and I'd honestly be surprised if many of the men are still alive) but boys, absolutely. Because there is no level to which Hamas won't sink.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #936 on: October 08, 2023, 12:58:42 PM »

Russia>Chechyna

Treating this (or indeed the Chechen Wars) like a team sport or an election is super disgusting. Shame on you
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #937 on: October 08, 2023, 12:59:44 PM »

You have absolutely no clue how Hamas operates.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #938 on: October 08, 2023, 12:59:54 PM »

Russia>Chechyna

Treating this (or indeed the Chechen Wars) like a team sport or an election is super disgusting. Shame on you

I am not, I just view radical islamists as the clear villians in this conflict and even more evil than Russia.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #939 on: October 08, 2023, 12:59:58 PM »

To be fair I can flip it around and say that negotiating and giving ground based on hostages will merely incentive Hamas to take more hostages costly more Israel lives on the long run.

If you want less Israeli lives to be lost in the long run, advocate a two state solution and a sustainable solution that would provide long term stability and peace.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #940 on: October 08, 2023, 01:01:04 PM »

I doubt it about grown men (and I'd honestly be surprised if many of the men are still alive) but boys, absolutely. Because there is no level to which Hamas won't sink.

There is a LOT of situational homosexuality in these cultures so I'm not sure. Maybe you're right, but it doesn't change my view that a man's life is just as valuable as a woman's.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix

P
« Reply #941 on: October 08, 2023, 01:01:35 PM »

I would not be surprised if Hamas SA'd people regardless of gender, age, or even religion. (There might very well Muslims who are Hamas captives.) Hamas does not care about civilian lives; it is a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #942 on: October 08, 2023, 01:01:46 PM »

Russia>Chechyna

I am not, I just view radical islamists as the clear villians in this conflict and even more evil than Russia.

Based on how often you've used "radical islamists" in this thread (or even referred to the entire Middle East) and now start to bring up Chechnya out of nothing, i can make a clear case for you being an outright Islamophobe.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #943 on: October 08, 2023, 01:03:14 PM »

Is there on-the-ground fighting between Hamas and Israel currently, or is Israel's response still primarily air strikes? The BBC news updates sound unclear.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #944 on: October 08, 2023, 01:03:44 PM »

Russia>Chechyna

Based on how often you've used "radical islamists" in this thread (or even referred to the entire Middle East) and now start to bring up Chechnya out of nothing, i can make a clear case for you being an outright Islamophobe.

Chechnya was a radicial islamist nation as well and I am glad their efforts failed. You guys were the one who compared Israel to Russia as well

Anyone I don't care what you think about me
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #945 on: October 08, 2023, 01:07:13 PM »

I am obviously overall deeply sympathetic to Palestinian liberation, but I will say that there has been a worrying trend in academia as of late to whitewash Hamas or pretend like they have become less problematic since 2006. I hope that today will end that trend once and for all. You can say that war, especially anticolonial war, is hell and all, and that's true, but it's also clear that the goal of this operation was explicitly to attack civilians, and that is completely unjustifiable. One can only hope that this is at least a step towards their being completely annihilated, and although I weep for the civilian casualties which are likely to ensue in Gaza, I will certainly not shed a tear for the elimination of as much of Hamas as possible.

With that being said, this war must also underscore the need for a permanent solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Blathering on about the complexity of the conflict is nothing more than cowardice that will lead to more deaths. The two-state solution is dead – it's been dead for over a decade now, in fact – but that does not make the status quo any less unjustifiable. The only way this ends is by ending Palestinians' status as a stateless, voiceless, powerless people. Continuing the occupation will inevitably lead to more innocent deaths.

Strongly agree.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #946 on: October 08, 2023, 01:08:02 PM »

The United States is moving the USS Gerald Ford aircraft carrier and its accompanying warships (currently in the Mediterranean) towards Israel. It has a carrier strike group of 5000 soldiers and several aircrafts on deck. This has got to be extremely rare.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix

P
« Reply #947 on: October 08, 2023, 01:08:53 PM »

If I am reading this correctly, is the U.S. sending troops to the Middle East?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #948 on: October 08, 2023, 01:12:57 PM »

The United States is moving the USS Gerald Ford aircraft carrier and its accompanying warships (currently in the Mediterranean) towards Israel. It has a carrier strike group of 5000 soldiers and several aircrafts on deck. This has got to be extremely rare.
Seems like Washington's concerned by the uncertainty of this all and wants more options.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #949 on: October 08, 2023, 01:13:53 PM »

If I am reading this correctly, is the U.S. sending troops to the Middle East?

Yes, as in "the army and the navy are going to be there somewhere" rather than putting boots on the ground, obviously. Most likely it's to make Iran think twice about doing something stupid while Israel is busy with Hamas.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 313  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies