Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:41:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 313
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 222473 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: October 07, 2023, 02:16:16 PM »

This is a terrible tragedy, both for the Israelis killed by the Hamas attack and especially for all innocent Palestinians who will no doubt be in IDF prison camps by the end of the month, if the regime even allows them to live that long.

"I'm sorry for both the victims, and the future victims of the terrible scenario I made up in my head".
OriAr
Rookie
Israel

« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2023, 02:16:50 PM »

Al Jazeera's reporting on this is sickening, very concerned about how this will impact relations between Israel and the Gulf states after the recent thaw.

IMEC memorandum was signed less than a month ago, really do hope it's not DOA now.
Yeah, I just took a look at the Al Jazeera live feed and it's terribad.

Qatar owns Al Jazeera so it's not representative of what the other gulf states think.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #352 on: October 07, 2023, 02:17:31 PM »

It would be useful if this thread did not turn into a classic internet thread about ~The Conflict~ and be rendered as completely unreadable to non-psychopaths as something important and awful has happened and there are people who might wish to follow updates and to discuss things. Plenty of other places online where you can all defecate for attention.

This, please. Can we actually discuss what's going on on the ground NOW and not all this ideological bs about who's at fault?

This, for example. I think a lot of people who aren't really plugged in like oldtimer think this is yet another Gaza flareup that has happened regularly over the last 15 years and don't get that this is a substantively different case. Israel is going to absolutely take Hamas to pieces and in the process absolutely take Gaza to pieces. This is an actual war, not a policing intervention, and it's going to end Hamas' 17 year reign over Gaza but countless people will die in the process and we need to be talking seriously about how momentous a moment this is in the conflict and not treat it like "Gaza Flare Up #7 Hamas shot some rockets and Israel dropped some bombs" because it isn't that.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #353 on: October 07, 2023, 02:19:49 PM »

This is a terrible tragedy, both for the Israelis killed by the Hamas attack and especially for all innocent Palestinians who will no doubt be in IDF prison camps by the end of the month, if the regime even allows them to live that long.

"I'm sorry for both the victims, and the future victims of the terrible scenario I made up in my head".

Sure but you don’t even need to make up victims, Palestinian civilians are already dead.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #354 on: October 07, 2023, 02:23:26 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roof_knocking
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #355 on: October 07, 2023, 02:25:09 PM »

What "future victims" the IDF has already killed twice as many people as Israeli dead afaik from the last BBC update I saw. We all know how this goes.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #356 on: October 07, 2023, 02:25:42 PM »

I hope this will be solved with as little bloodshed as possible. I hope (though I have little expectation) that this won’t solidify Bibi’s position. Hate the govt not the innocent people in the crossfire
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #357 on: October 07, 2023, 02:26:31 PM »

Is anyone else surprised that Israel is allied with the US instead of Russia?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #358 on: October 07, 2023, 02:28:00 PM »

Israel is clearly the more sympathetic side in this conflict. Supporting the rights of the Palestinian people shouldn't mean supporting genocidal terrorists.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #359 on: October 07, 2023, 02:28:21 PM »

This thread is such a disaster and some of you are just unfathomably stupid.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2023, 02:29:08 PM »

Sure but you don’t even need to make up victims, Palestinian civilians are already dead.

Yes, as in every case where a war is launched by a vicious attack from an undermanned, weaker force against a stronger power. Israel's response is absolutely proportional compared to how the US would respond to an attack like this.

The idea that the Palestinian population is about to be liquidated is a fiction and arguably a blood libel.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2023, 02:29:26 PM »

Israel is clearly the more sympathetic side in this conflict. Supporting the rights of the Palestinian people shouldn't mean supporting genocidal terrorists.
Well, Israel is already on track to exceed the civilian death toll from the initial Hamas attack. So I don’t see how they have moral high ground on that front.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2023, 02:30:01 PM »

Actions having consequences is a description, not a prescription.

What actions did the Israeli civilians take?

...do you mean other than illegally occupying Palestinian land?

They're living on internationally-recognised Israeli land. We're not talking about West Bank settlers here. Defending their deaths is saying however many millions of Israelis in the entire country deserves to be killed.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2023, 02:30:41 PM »

The Palestinian people have no choice but to side with "genocidal terrorists" because they are powerless against their Israeli oppressors.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #364 on: October 07, 2023, 02:31:09 PM »

This thread is such a disaster and some of you are just unfathomably stupid.

Innocent Palestinians don’t deserve to die because of the crimes of Hamas. Showing concern for that is a good thing, and the blank check the US has given the Israeli regime is extremely dangerous.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2023, 02:31:43 PM »

Israeli death toll rises to 250+, injured rises to 1450+
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-october-7-2023/
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2023, 02:31:48 PM »

Yes, as in every case where a war is launched by a vicious attack from an undermanned, weaker force against a stronger power. Israel's response is absolutely proportional compared to how the US would respond to an attack like this.

The idea that the Palestinian population is about to be liquidated is a fiction and arguably a blood libel.

The idea that you can’t show concern for the victims of Israel’s counter attack is totally baffling to me, their lives hold equal worth.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2023, 02:35:22 PM »

I'm sure that boy who was killed by Hamas (not going into details) deserved to have his life cut short because you've decided his elders were wrong in wanting to live in the city they chose. It's a lot easier to condemn the indiscriminate massacre of civilians when you don't irrationally hate the victims, that's what I'm learning about this thread.
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2023, 02:35:34 PM »

This thread garnered up 15 pages in not even a day.

But in all seriousness, I stand with Israel and its people.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2023, 02:37:23 PM »

It would be useful if this thread did not turn into a classic internet thread about ~The Conflict~ and be rendered as completely unreadable to non-psychopaths as something important and awful has happened and there are people who might wish to follow updates and to discuss things. Plenty of other places online where you can all defecate for attention.

At least a certain Axis "empathizer" isn't trying to make it about how based Putin is anymore. For now.

Do we think anything will come of this unity government idea?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2023, 02:38:59 PM »

I'm sure that boy who was killed by Hamas (not going into details) deserved to have his life cut short because you've decided his elders were wrong in wanting to live in the city they chose. It's a lot easier to condemn the indiscriminate massacre of civilians when you don't irrationally hate the victims, that's what I'm learning about this thread.

I would be more sympathetic with the Israelis had Israel withdrawn from illegally occupied territories.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2023, 02:39:47 PM »

Worst case scenario for this war is that the larger Arab superpowers get involved. If it’s mostly Israel vs. Hamas Israel would win easily.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2023, 02:40:52 PM »

The idea that you can’t show concern for the victims of Israel’s counter attack is totally baffling to me, their lives hold equal worth.

I’m sure Israel will care just as much about Palestinian civilians losses as Hamas cares about Palestinians civilians losses.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2023, 02:41:10 PM »

Ongoing hostage situation in a kibbutz 2 miles from Gaza: https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/report-israelis-still-held-hostage-inside-kibbutz-dining-hall/
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2023, 02:41:31 PM »

This thread just proves how there are no good sides in this conflict.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 313  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies