Donald Trump says immigrants are "poisoning the blood of our country"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:45:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump says immigrants are "poisoning the blood of our country"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Donald Trump says immigrants are "poisoning the blood of our country"  (Read 2572 times)
pantsaregood
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2023, 01:26:18 AM »

Can we all acknowledge that the comments of "rugged individualism" and "cheap guns" being pillars of American culture pretty directly implies that mass shootings are fine and an acceptable consequence of "culture?"
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2023, 01:28:43 AM »

not sure why y'all kept arguing when the white nationalist after he implicitly admitted to being one, that would not have struck me as a productive activity and reading through these messages I do not think it was a productive activity. Like, a few years ago when the south african I used to play planetary annihilation with said he thought the end of apartheid was a mistake I simply did not say another word to him again

I'm genuinely jealous of this. I am terrible at "agree to disagree" in cases like this.

I do find it curious that the proud, America loving white nationalist won't just overtly identify as such. If there's nothing to be ashamed of, they should own it.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2023, 01:41:14 AM »

1. Vietnamese People are not East Asian. They're South East Asian.

But okay; let's put it this way, the reason why some Asian groups assimilate better is because their cultural values are ironically not American. This allows them to blend in greater than say people from other places.

The Emphasis on Communitarianism, Tradition, family, work ethic, education, obedience, this ( especially the Communitarisn part ) runs counter to the American ideas of individualism, liberty,

And yet it allows them to assimilate faster into American Society. Learning English for example is paradoxically a communitarian virtue, to blend in, to remove that individualistic streak, to be like everyone else.

Yeah, there's a lot more to assimilation than just speaking English. As you yourself have pointed out, American culture is defined by individualism and a love of liberty, not communitarianism, and I do not want greater communitarianism in this country. If immigration from X group means those arrivals learn to speak English but otherwise make American society less freedom-loving than I view that as a severe negative, even if it can be cancelled out by other factors.
And I do not want you in society.

Sucks for you.
Right back at you with the based immigrants. Stop complaining and savor the kebab!

I love kebab. I would let in tons of Turkish and Israeli immigrants. Should I post my immigration plan here again?
You literally were just worried about Tajiks because they are Muslim…but you are good with Turks? Help me understand your stupidity please.

Did you not catch the part where I talked about cultural Westernization and specifically listed Turkey as a Westernized country?
Turkey is hardly a “westernized” country, the people there are rapidly turning away from liberal democracy and the country is slowly turning into an Islamist state. Now I am genuinely curious which countries you define as “westernized”, either way I’m having trouble deciding whether you actually believe all this or if you are too prideful to admit you’re wrong.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2023, 08:28:20 AM »

If Terrorists and Fentnyl Dealers come in then it is deadly for our country which is what he means by saying this. Again he should not be as crude as he is but thats what he means by saying this if you look at the context.

To be clear, what you are alleging is that Trump literally meant poisoning people’s blood with drugs?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2023, 10:06:15 AM »

Immigrants are the only ones ensuring the country even has a population down the road at all.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2023, 11:41:14 AM »

not sure why y'all kept arguing with the white nationalist after he implicitly admitted to being one, that would not have struck me as a productive activity and reading through these messages I do not think it was a productive activity. Like, a few years ago when the south african I used to play planetary annihilation with said he thought the end of apartheid was a mistake I simply did not say another word to him again

Who is a white nationalist here?
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2023, 11:59:05 AM »

Ftr Haley/Ryan, I am not a Tajik, I am a Muhajir.

Now, based on on earlier statements of being skeptical of people coming from predominantly Muslim countries and telling jojoju that communitarian values are a net negative for this country, can you tell me straight to my face that my family shouldn't have been allowed to immigrate here?

Unless there is some other reason to let your family in (ie being really skilled in some particular field), no, I would probably not allow your family to immigrate here.

Heartless ghoul
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2023, 12:00:49 PM »

not sure why y'all kept arguing with the white nationalist after he implicitly admitted to being one, that would not have struck me as a productive activity and reading through these messages I do not think it was a productive activity. Like, a few years ago when the south african I used to play planetary annihilation with said he thought the end of apartheid was a mistake I simply did not say another word to him again

There's quite a few of them on Atlas, but I figure he's probably talking about the guy who said this:

Unless there is some other reason to let your family in (ie being really skilled in some particular field), no, I would probably not allow your family to immigrate here.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2023, 12:01:27 PM »

Ftr Haley/Ryan, I am not a Tajik, I am a Muhajir.

Now, based on on earlier statements of being skeptical of people coming from predominantly Muslim countries and telling jojoju that communitarian values are a net negative for this country, can you tell me straight to my face that my family shouldn't have been allowed to immigrate here?

Kindly, go f**k yourself  Smiley

I don't say this to be rude. You asked me a question, and I answered honestly and in line with what I believe to be best policy, and with a response that I think is congruent with my previous statements. It is in no way a jab at you personally and if you want to argue in disagreement you are more than welcome to.

Dude are you even human? You literally just told someone that you wouldn't have let their family in and you expect a cold and dispassionate response to that. You've let ideology warp your basic sense of empathy but maybe you never even had a ing shread of it to begin with.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2023, 12:45:42 PM »

There's quite a few of them on Atlas, but I figure he's probably talking about the guy who said this:

Me? I'm not a white nationalist. I'm confused about why you think that comment indicates white nationalism -- do you think that anything other than letting everyone in is white nationalism?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2023, 12:50:10 PM »

Me? I'm not a white nationalist. I'm confused about why you think that comment indicates white nationalism -- do you think that anything other than letting everyone in is white nationalism?

Well if your comments here weren't convincing enough you'd just have to take a gander over at the Australian Voice referendum thread to make your views pretty obvious.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2023, 01:23:45 PM »

No, but your specific reasoning is motivated by white nationalism.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2023, 01:30:03 PM »

No, but your specific reasoning is motivated by white nationalism.

I think what he said to AFE was horrible but Haley/Ryan is not a White Nationalist given that he is not a Christian.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2023, 01:35:30 PM »

Ferguson is taking this out of context just like red avatars took the animals quote out of context back in 2018.
1 - What is the "right" context?

2 - What evidence or reasoning do you have to demonstrate that your interpretation of the context is the correct interpretation, other than "it fits my narrative" and "it's just what I think"?

[ image ]

Given how insanely high this number is, we have zero idea which types of illegal immigrants are coming in

So depending on which ethnicities are coming in, Trump's comments about the blood being poisoned could be considered accurate? That's your defense?! Which ethnicities would poison America's blood, OSR?

Or maybe you are you trying to say (without saying) "oh, the part about the BLOOD being poisoned isn't important, because I said so, because it would be inconvenient for Republican narratives, even though there's no logical reason why Trump using the word blood wouldn't be extremely relevant".

Either way, you're downplaying the racist connotations here way too much.

He didnt mean it in an ethnic way . A country's blood can mean more than just ethnicity so this is where you are taking it out of context.

Yes , Trump should not be anywhere near as crude as he is and this is another example of Trump being crude but this is taking it out of context.

OSR, if you bend over backwards any further, you're going to pull a muscle.

The context was talking about terrorists coming in so it is you guys who are pulling a muscle not me here. This is exactly like the animals quote you guys all took out of context back in 2018

The context isn't the issue here, the wording is.  Are you not aware that this is literally an echo of something Hitler said? ""All great cultures of the past perished only because the originally creative race died out from blood poisoning."  If he'd used different wording such as T'Chenka suggested, he'd have made exactly the same point without using Hitler's words.  But with those words, his subtext is as clear as day.  This isn't a dog whistle, it's a fire siren.

Will you at least say "I condemn Trump for using wording reminiscent of Hitler"?  That really is a very low bar.

It isnt using the same phrase as Hitler.

Oh, well then everything's okay.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2023, 01:36:15 PM »

Either way, you're downplaying the racist connotations here way too much.
He didnt mean it in an ethnic way . A country's blood can mean more than just ethnicity so this is where you are taking it out of context.

Are you allergic to making arguments? I feel like 70% of the things you say on USGD are just you giving your personal opinions and interpretations of things and then not backing it up with any sort of evidence or reasoning or logic or ANYTHING. How are we supposed to properly discuss and debate this kind of stuff if the only thing you're going to give is an opinion and literally nothing else? Everybody has an opinion... but it doesn't hold weight if you can't back it up or support it with anything.

Beep boop is notoriously allergic to critical thinking.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2023, 01:38:58 PM »

Haley/Ryan is not a White Nationalist given that he is not a Christian.

One has nothing to do with the other. What on earth are you talking about?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2023, 01:40:08 PM »

OSRs comments here, coupled with the fact that he doesn’t want to ban caste descrimination are very telling.

What are you alleging

I don’t have to allege anything, you say the quiet part out loud already.

Roll Eyes yet again one of the unhinged gatekeepers of morality on atlas. Get out of here with your BS, punk.

No, you leave.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2023, 01:41:56 PM »

Wow! GTFO out of here with that storm front nonsense. Thanks for saying that quiet part out loud. If his people were coming from Europe apparently that'd be okay in your eyes, especially Western europe, but Asia or Latin America means oh no shut the gates the non-whites are at the door. Truly and utterly despicable if you had any sense of conscious.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2023, 01:43:55 PM »

White Nationalists are Anti Semitic
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2023, 01:45:47 PM »

You…you do understand white nationalism is a broad tent and there literally exist Jewish white nationalists (although they aren’t common) right?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2023, 01:46:04 PM »

Are you saying that only Christians are capable of being anti-semetic?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2023, 01:47:41 PM »

No but Haley/Ryan is Jewish and is a pretty strong supporter in Zionism . You could say he's more like the far right parts of Likud in his political views
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2023, 01:50:01 PM »

No but Haley/Ryan is Jewish and is a pretty strong supporter in Zionism .

Then why did you say "given that he is not a Christian" instead of saying "given that he is Jewish"?

Regardless, being Jewish and supporting Zionism does not preclude someone from being a white supremacist.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2023, 01:50:25 PM »

No but Haley/Ryan is Jewish and is a pretty strong supporter in Zionism .

Then why did you say "given that he is not a Christian" instead of saying "given that he is Jewish"?

Regardless, being Jewish and supporting Zionism does not preclude someone from being a white supremacist.

Is Netanyahu a White Supremacist
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2023, 01:55:10 PM »

I think you mean correlation isn't causation on this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies