Political future of Andy Beshear?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:34:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political future of Andy Beshear?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Political future of Andy Beshear?  (Read 2303 times)
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2023, 01:30:04 PM »

POTUS.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2023, 04:04:32 PM »

No enemy bomber can reach the Ruhr. If one reaches the Ruhr, my name is not Goering. You may call me Meyer. Hermann "SnowLabrador" Goring
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2023, 05:07:49 PM »

Wins a second term, probably runs for president in 2028, loses, and then is in contention as the Democratic VP (isn't selected) and then maybe gets a cabinet nom?

Not sure which cabinet post he'd be most suited for, though.  Maybe Education or HHS?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2023, 08:19:36 PM »

He isn't running for  Veep, Harris will take Wes Moore, I don't know what woman Newsom picks but Klobuchar

Beshear will be running for S in 26 should MCCONNELL retiee
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2023, 11:33:12 AM »

James Carville said on Bill Maher's podcast that he thinks Beshear could well be the next Bill Clinton.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2023, 01:02:36 PM »

No enemy bomber can reach the Ruhr. If one reaches the Ruhr, my name is not Goering. You may call me Meyer. Hermann "SnowLabrador" Goring

The way he unironically bet against Shapiro winning.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2023, 01:32:46 PM »

If he loses re-election, maybe he could replace McConnell if 2026 is a Trump midterm?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2023, 02:42:40 PM »

If he loses re-election, maybe he could replace McConnell if 2026 is a Trump midterm?

Well I don't think he's gonna lose re-election but at the same time don't think he could win a Senate race even in a Trump midterm. Federal and state elections are just entirely different ballgames down here, have been my entire life.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2023, 06:42:33 PM »

James Carville said on Bill Maher's podcast that he thinks Beshear could well be the next Bill Clinton.

WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2023, 06:55:22 PM »

In what way?

Policy? Bill Clinton is to the right to the vast majority of Democrats (see his crime bill and welfare reform) and could not win a Democratic primary today (even if he did not run for a second term and was technically eligible for one).

Coalition? I doubt Andy Beshear could do as well in the South as Bill Clinton.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2023, 06:56:04 PM »

I find it very weird that people watch a podcast they evidently hate so much so religiously they can make a detailed parody of it, then push said parody out to a small niche audience who in turn feels compelled to share it with anyone who so much as mentions the original podcast they were parodying in any context.

I for one will freely admit that I watched nearly 2 hours of Maher and Carville talking today. There are a lot of people who hate one or both of them, I like 'em both and make no apologies for it. I enjoyed every minute of the conversation, and it was especially cool to hear a shoutout of my governor from a man who was responsible for one of the best presidential election campaigns in modern history. Let people enjoy things.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2023, 06:59:52 PM »

In what way?

Policy? Bill Clinton is to the right to the vast majority of Democrats (see his crime bill and welfare reform) and could not win a Democratic primary today.

Coalition? I doubt Andy Beshear could do as well in the South as Bill Clinton.

They were talking about political skill and style. Carville also praised Shapiro and Whitmer. But it was Beshear he specifically compared to Clinton. Who, you have to remember given the context of the time, was NOT seen as a right-winger, even in the 1992 primary (Jerry Brown was calling for a flat tax and Paul Tsongas was well to his right across the board). Maher agreed the Democrats could "use a little Kentucky" today. I think the overall point was the Democrats would be well-served by nominating someone who defies the stereotype that they are an elderly party of urban elites and minorities. Beshear is the total opposite of these things and has a winning record in a deep red state. That he would not win the state in a general election is not the point. The point is he would bring energy, youth, charisma, and balance to any Democratic ticket, redefining the party and neutralizing several lines of attack its opponents had used against it for years. Just like Bill Clinton did with his "Third Way" campaign.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2023, 07:18:19 PM »

He’d at best do as well as Bredesen in 2018 in a senate race, but his coattails could flip the 6th.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2023, 08:43:31 PM »

He’d at best do as well as Bredesen in 2018 in a senate race, but his coattails could flip the 6th.

Anyone consider that he could just flip the 6th himself?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2023, 08:52:18 PM »

Anyone consider that he could just flip the 6th himself?

Andy B. vs. Andy B.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies