Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:18:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41
Author Topic: Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments  (Read 33360 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: February 15, 2024, 12:36:54 PM »

Seems like it would have been better to apologize and step aside out of an abundance of caution to preserve the integrity of the case.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #801 on: February 15, 2024, 12:38:35 PM »

Seems like it would have been better to apologize and step aside out of an abundance of caution to preserve the integrity of the case.

I don’t think the case is in any danger of being tossed from what we’ve seen so far.  The question here is whether Willis and her office stay on.  But it would’ve been better to not appoint Wade and be honest in the court filings.  However, some people need to punch themselves in the face four or five times before they realize it hurts.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #802 on: February 15, 2024, 12:40:28 PM »

Let's wait and see how it goes.  They've done a pretty good job disputing the key witness.  I'm going to back off my earlier statement slightly and say that there's some chance Willis gets removed from the case (rather than a high chance).  Unless there are some bombshells still to come, I could see the judge reprimanding Willis for poor judgment but not removing her.  But removal is certainly still on the table.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #803 on: February 15, 2024, 12:41:33 PM »

Let's wait and see how it goes.  They've done a pretty good job disputing the key witness.  I'm going to back off my earlier statement slightly and say that there's some chance Willis gets removed from the case (rather than a high chance).  Unless there are some bombshells still to come, I could see the judge reprimanding Willis for poor judgment but not removing her.  But removal is certainly still on the table.

Agree 100%, as is a multi-count ethics complaint to the Georgia Bar.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #804 on: February 15, 2024, 01:11:23 PM »

Tragedy they didn't have Judge Judy preside.

This seems to be a bunch of junior employees accusing each other of being promiscuous.
Redban

« Reply #805 on: February 15, 2024, 01:16:08 PM »

I find this new defense attorney who is questioning is better than the prior one (the female in the blue dress)
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #806 on: February 15, 2024, 01:18:34 PM »

I find this new defense attorney who is questioning is better than the prior one (the female in the blue dress)

The previous one is a political/tv lawyer. This is a real one.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #807 on: February 15, 2024, 01:26:56 PM »

This cash questioning is not directly hitting Willis on this case, but it seems highly probable Wade was trying to hide money from his wife's lawyers, and Willis may have been complicit in that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #808 on: February 15, 2024, 01:27:13 PM »

I saw some people say that the star witness against Willis started waffling and her memory became hazy.
Is that why you seem to believe that things might not be so grim for her?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #809 on: February 15, 2024, 01:41:16 PM »

I saw some people say that the star witness against Willis started waffling and her memory became hazy.

Primarily.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #810 on: February 15, 2024, 01:44:34 PM »

Primarily.

Are you watching the current questions?

It seems really bad for Wade but hasn't linked back to any wrongdoing by Willis yet(probably because it isn't this lawyer's job, his concern is the divorce) but he seems to be pretty close to establishing that Wade was hiding income(even if the income itself was proper) and mislead the court in order to do so.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #811 on: February 15, 2024, 01:53:39 PM »

I think it's ironic that the guy who was questioning (I was listening on the radio like 30 mins ago in the car) messed up names like 4 or 5 times, and no one calls him senile or that he has dementia Wink

He didn't sound that good, but Wade also sounded a bit evasive and a little too cute with some of his answers.

This all sounds like it would land with an ethics complaint for Willis maybe, but her being thrown completely off the case? Don't know about that.

If Willis is thrown off, will another prosecution team be able to pick up where she left off or do they have to compile all of their own information?
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #812 on: February 15, 2024, 02:03:13 PM »

I think it's ironic that the guy who was questioning (I was listening on the radio like 30 mins ago in the car) messed up names like 4 or 5 times, and no one calls him senile or that he has dementia Wink

He didn't sound that good, but Wade also sounded a bit evasive and a little too cute with some of his answers.

This all sounds like it would land with an ethics complaint for Willis maybe, but her being thrown completely off the case? Don't know about that.

If Willis is thrown off, will another prosecution team be able to pick up where she left off or do they have to compile all of their own information?

This divorce lawyer has dropped trying to even go after Willis in favor of demonstrating something much more provable, that Wade was almost certainly hiding income from his ex-wife(or that in trying to cover for Willis he has behaved in a way which amounts to it). Which makes sense, as I believe this is his ex-wife's lawyer.

On the one hand this is taking a really bad turn for Wade personally. On the other, that is partially because Willis seems to have made it through the danger zone and the proceedings have moved on.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #813 on: February 15, 2024, 02:07:38 PM »

This divorce lawyer has dropped trying to even go after Willis in favor of demonstrating something much more provable, that Wade was almost certainly hiding income from his ex-wife(or that in trying to cover for Willis he has behaved in a way which amounts to it). Which makes sense, as I believe this is his ex-wife's lawyer.

On the one hand this is taking a really bad turn for Wade personally. On the other, that is partially because Willis seems to have made it through the danger zone and the proceedings have moved on.

Yeah if this is the worst of it, it's hard for me to imagine that Willis is getting kicked off. They seem to be much more preoccupied with Wade.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #814 on: February 15, 2024, 02:41:10 PM »

Primarily.

Are you watching the current questions?

It seems really bad for Wade but hasn't linked back to any wrongdoing by Willis yet(probably because it isn't this lawyer's job, his concern is the divorce) but he seems to be pretty close to establishing that Wade was hiding income(even if the income itself was proper) and mislead the court in order to do so.

I haven't watched any or followed reporting on it this afternoon.  Been busy with other things.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #815 on: February 15, 2024, 02:44:33 PM »

He's getting destroyed. They have to drop Willis from the case now.
Redban

« Reply #816 on: February 15, 2024, 02:54:27 PM »

All this talk about Willis reimbursed him thousands of dollars for her share of their dates … odd that she would pay with cash in this era. Just Zelle that money over electronically. She traveled with suitcases filled with wads of cash? I’m not saying this detail proves her guilt or anything . Just that I don’t see people dealing with cash that way anymore
Redban

« Reply #817 on: February 15, 2024, 02:56:25 PM »

Fani at the witness stand, hand on chin, barking out orders (“get me that filing” ; “I’m gonna wait right here”) … really snobbish vibe
Birdish
United States

« Reply #818 on: February 15, 2024, 02:57:33 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2024, 03:05:08 PM by Birdish »

Wade said he wasnt dating anyone in 2020 or 2021 because he had cancer and was concerned about COVID which seems valid.
Redban

« Reply #819 on: February 15, 2024, 03:55:17 PM »

Judge has to give speech about decorum and conduct. That’s how bad Fani has been on the witness stand
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #820 on: February 15, 2024, 03:56:08 PM »

There's a distinction here for me - while it's true that Willis's personal life and her decision to include Wade in this case was not exactly great imo, I also think it's worthwhile of her to push back, given that the clear point of Republicans in this entire mess is to try and act like Willis is on trial when she's not. They want to kill any credibility she has to try and vindicate Trump and all the other Republicans. I'm glad she's not standing for it. She's clearly made mistakes, but she's not letting her name be smeared.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #821 on: February 15, 2024, 04:17:26 PM »

I liked that line.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #822 on: February 15, 2024, 04:39:35 PM »

Lol this is from a reporter from the notorious “bothsides” The Hill.

Not a ton to worry about if that’s what they’re saying.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #823 on: February 15, 2024, 04:41:16 PM »

That was true about an hour ago, things have taken a worse turn lately, but she is probably going to survive.

But my god, this is a terrible day for Wade. She is throwing him under the bus hard after he had a brutal time earlier.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #824 on: February 15, 2024, 05:06:17 PM »

That was true about an hour ago, things have taken a worse turn lately, but she is probably going to survive.

But my god, this is a terrible day for Wade. She is throwing him under the bus hard after he had a brutal time earlier.

She’s still doing well enough that I doubt she gets kicked off the case.  Wade though…woof. 
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies