Nancy Mace makes her fiance wait to have sex at prayer breakfast so she can meet Tim Scott first
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:29:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nancy Mace makes her fiance wait to have sex at prayer breakfast so she can meet Tim Scott first
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Nancy Mace makes her fiance wait to have sex at prayer breakfast so she can meet Tim Scott first  (Read 3735 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2023, 02:15:28 PM »

This is completely ridiculous and disrespectful of the occasion. Joking about having sex let alone having premarital sex at a religious gathering is literally mocking Christianity and religion in general
You sure? That was pretty funny if you ask me.

Given this is a religious gathering, this is completely inappropriate and in 2004 America people would have agreed .

It seems like we are heading in a direction where I am more socially conservative than the average Republican voter let alone the average American sigh .

Would you consider it inappropriate for a pastor to talk about watching Family Guy at a religious gathering?

Depends on what in family guy. Also family guy is fiction so not the same thing

She was comparing Stewie to her toddler son.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2023, 02:16:17 PM »

This is completely ridiculous and disrespectful of the occasion. Joking about having sex let alone having premarital sex at a religious gathering is literally mocking Christianity and religion in general

"Mocking Christianity and religion" is on-brand for the Republican Party.

Since 2016 maybe but not before given that George W Bush was the prior Republican president
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2023, 02:27:51 PM »

Given this is a religious gathering, this is completely inappropriate and in 2004 America people would have agreed .

It seems like we are heading in a direction where I am more socially conservative than the average Republican voter let alone the average American sigh .

Lmao, if you really think the average American in 2004 would've given a tuppeny f**k about a woman making an oblique reference to having sex with her own fiancée, then you do not understand this country at all.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2023, 02:28:24 PM »

This isn’t based at all and shows how much the idea of being religious as declined in America . This type of comment at a place like this wouldn’t have Been viewed  as acceptable in 2004 America let alone the 2004 GOP .

I think you are the only person on the planet who wants to RETVRN to 2004 lmao.

Religiosity declining is a very, very good thing.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2023, 02:30:42 PM »

Lmao, if you really think the average American in 2004 would've given a tuppeny f**k about a woman making an oblique reference to having sex with her own fiancée, then you do not understand this country at all.

People in 2004 cared about the place and occasion you were making a comment and the reason this is bad is because it happened at a prayer breakfast
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2023, 02:34:16 PM »

This isn’t based at all and shows how much the idea of being religious as declined in America . This type of comment at a place like this wouldn’t have Been viewed  as acceptable in 2004 America let alone the 2004 GOP .

The 2000s were arguably when morality was at its peak here and while yes there were things from then that were morally worse , overall I’d the 2000s were when morality was at its peak here  .

Also religion declining is bad because having a strong moral framework is good and religion provides that .
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2023, 02:35:17 PM »

I think the average 2004 American who would attend a Republican sponsored Evangelical prayer breakfast would object to a speaker openly discussing her premarital sex, yes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2023, 02:37:43 PM »

Also religion declining is bad because having a strong moral framework is good and religion provides that .
Do you believe my brand of Christianity does?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2023, 02:38:04 PM »

~an angry goose enters the chat~
kyc0705

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2023, 02:39:02 PM »

As soon as I heard this story I immediately went to check this forum, because I knew the thread on this would be out of control. I was not disappointed.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2023, 02:39:29 PM »

Based on what, exactly?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2023, 02:40:33 PM »

I would rather have a LCMS, or PCA President than a " evangelical " Christian, which is just Baptist.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2023, 02:42:34 PM »

The 2000s were arguably when morality was at its peak here

In what sense?

Having a "strong" moral framework is not enough, that moral framework must also be good and just.

Religion only divides us, and it's good when fewer adults believe in fiction.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2023, 02:44:30 PM »

Well you should be concerned. Religiosity and church attendance is actually declining the most in Red States. Religiosity among WHITE Christians are dropping off. But it actually creates more right wing extremism down the long run.

Meanwhile, at least on the West Coast, American Christianity is mostly people of color; growing. Hispanics. Asians. One can't be surprised to see Vietnamese and Hispanic Seminarians dominating Catholic Dioceses, along with Filipinos. Fuller Seminary, and Gordon Conwell Seminary, which are the top two conservative protestant seminaries in the US, are being " taken over " by Koreans, Africans.

What you ( and others ) think of " Christianity " is not the case anymore. Things have shifted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/05/03/asian-american-evangelicals/

When I think of " Evangelical " Christianity, I don't think of Jerry Falwell. I think of Fuller Seminary.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2023, 02:45:55 PM »

Where’s your proof that religion is “fiction”?

In an imperfect world, standing up for what’s right is going to cause division.
kyc0705

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2023, 02:46:35 PM »

As soon as I heard this story I immediately went to check this forum, because I knew the thread on this would be out of control. I was not disappointed.

oh I just read the new replies and this thread just went into turbo drive. five more pages guaranteed.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2023, 02:47:21 PM »

In what sense?

Having a "strong" moral framework is not enough, that moral framework must also be good and just.

Catholic Social Teaching doesn't ring a bell ? Dorothy Day ? Cesar Chavez ?

Oh by the way, let's be fair, and apply it to all religions; muslims, Sikhs, hindus included. Oh wait a minute... that's what France did. https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/4/15/the-french-culture-war-over-islam-shows-no-sign-of-abating
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2023, 02:47:59 PM »

It is impossible for every religion to be true simultaneously.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2023, 02:49:18 PM »

oh I just read the new replies and this thread just went into turbo drive. five more pages guaranteed.

Unless the thread is locked. It is an embarrassment.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2023, 02:49:42 PM »

It is impossible for every religion to be true simultaneously.
Correct. That's because Christianity is true, and all other religions are false. (And of course liberal Protestantism is the only completely true faction of Christianity, all other ones are incorrect about various aspects.)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2023, 02:49:56 PM »

People in 2004 cared about the place and occasion you were making a comment and the reason this is bad is because it happened at a prayer breakfast

Hate to break it to you, but so long as the people in question are straight white adult Christians in a stable relationship, Republicans have always been complete and utter perverts about sex.

The burden of proof isn't on him, for the eleven quintillionth time.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2023, 02:51:49 PM »

Hate to break it to you, but so long as the people in question are straight white adult Christians in a stable relationship, Republicans have always been complete and utter perverts about sex.

The burden of proof isn't on him, for the eleven quintillionth time.

The burden of proof lies on whoever makes the claim. Saying that religion is fiction is a claim, and therefore, the burden of proof lies on him.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2023, 02:52:41 PM »

In what sense?

1. 2004 America widely believed that being religious was important, being patriotic Was celebrated and a value taught in schools , and traditional family values were still generally viewed as important. Unlike the past though , 2004 America was far less racist and sexist so it arguably had the best of all the worlds .

Id grant you not everything about 2004 America was morally better but if you basically took 2004 moral values and just changed attitudes on LGBT issues to 2016 , then our state of morality would be in pretty good shape today

2. Religion provides good moral framework
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2023, 02:55:25 PM »

George W Bush was absolutely sincere about his moral values and he was the leader of our party then
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2023, 02:56:33 PM »

1. 2004 America widely believed that being religious was important,

Religion is bad.

being patriotic Was celebrated and a value taught in schools

"Patriotism" in 2004 meant supporting the War in Iraq and Afghanstan, and calling anyone who opposed those wars terrorist-loving, America-hating cowards.

And "patriotism" should not be taught in schools at all. That's authoritarian.

2. Religion provides good moral framework

Such as what? And "religion" is extremely broad, it contains everything from donating to the poor to stoning a woman who was raped.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies