Nancy Mace makes her fiance wait to have sex at prayer breakfast so she can meet Tim Scott first
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 06:43:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nancy Mace makes her fiance wait to have sex at prayer breakfast so she can meet Tim Scott first
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Nancy Mace makes her fiance wait to have sex at prayer breakfast so she can meet Tim Scott first  (Read 3809 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2023, 06:50:40 PM »

I think she made this statement entirely to see how many pages a thread on Atlas about it would reach.

Anyway, I don't have much to say about this (aside from it being a fairly peculiar way to emphasize how important a prayer breakfast is to her) other than the fact that I can't help but wonder if a Democrat like AOC said this at Netroots Nation, or something, whether evangelicals would act as nonplussed as they apparently are here or not. Something tells me they'd take it much worse and make it that night's Fox News headline.
actually an interesting question is what if a Democrat said this at a prayer breakfast. Democrats attend them too, Hillary Clinton was known to be a very frequent attendee while she was in the Senate, so it's totally plausible. What would the difference in reactions be?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2023, 08:32:38 PM »

This is completely ridiculous and disrespectful of the occasion. Joking about having sex let alone having premarital sex at a religious gathering is literally mocking Christianity and religion in general
You sure? That was pretty funny if you ask me.
Five minutes in church should have told Nancy Mace not to make such a joke, given where she was at.

If people made these kinds of jokes in church, I'd be more inclined to go.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2023, 08:57:17 PM »

I think she made this statement entirely to see how many pages a thread on Atlas about it would reach.

Anyway, I don't have much to say about this (aside from it being a fairly peculiar way to emphasize how important a prayer breakfast is to her) other than the fact that I can't help but wonder if a Democrat like AOC said this at Netroots Nation, or something, whether evangelicals would act as nonplussed as they apparently are here or not. Something tells me they'd take it much worse and make it that night's Fox News headline.
actually an interesting question is what if a Democrat said this at a prayer breakfast. Democrats attend them too, Hillary Clinton was known to be a very frequent attendee while she was in the Senate, so it's totally plausible. What would the difference in reactions be?

Pearl clutching on a level that has only been theorized up until now
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2023, 09:20:10 PM »

This is completely ridiculous and disrespectful of the occasion. Joking about having sex let alone having premarital sex at a religious gathering is literally mocking Christianity and religion in general
Five minutes in church should have told Nancy Mace not to make such a joke, given where she was at.

You might've actually liked my old church after all (and the one I checked out this morning, lots of the same people have flocked to that one and it seems similar.)

I hope you'd at least give them credit for being expelled from their denomination (The Evangelical Covenant Church) for supporting and performing same-sex marriages.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2023, 10:14:14 PM »

The sacred-profane distinction is a grand thing. I don't want my Yom Kippur to feel like a night out at the bars.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2023, 01:13:35 PM »

I'm not sure how plausible that would be given, given it implies Bill has relations with his wife.
kyc0705

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2023, 02:53:08 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2023, 02:58:38 PM by kyc0705 »

As soon as I heard this story I immediately went to check this forum, because I knew the thread on this would be out of control. I was not disappointed.

oh I just read the new replies and this thread just went into turbo drive. five more pages guaranteed.

We did it, Joe!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2023, 02:59:34 PM »

I'm not sure how plausible that would be given, given it implies Bill has relations with his wife.

I was thinking of a hypothetical unmarried female Democrat, but well played.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2023, 04:41:22 PM »

I was thinking of a hypothetical unmarried female Democrat, but well played.

There's no question whatsoever that Republicans and FoxNews would have a compete meltdown if AOC had said this identical "joke" at a prayer breakfast, just like they would have in 2003 or 2015. That they have a double standard is less interesting to me (though others may have a different opinion) than the fact that they would have also had one about a Republican in 2003 or 2015 but aren't in 2023.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2023, 09:34:49 PM »

This has the potential to be the most Atlas thread since my Lil Nas X thread.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2023, 09:47:19 PM »

Imagine if Nancy Mace announced she listens to emo.

Actually that would seriously screw up my worldview because Republicans don't listen to emo.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2023, 09:51:34 PM »

Actually that would seriously screw up my worldview because Republicans don't listen to emo.

There are definitely Republicans who listen to emo. There might even be some on this very forum.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2023, 09:52:26 PM »

Only on Atlas could a thread about sex and a female politician turn into multiple pages of “does God exist? Prove he does(n’t)!” interspersed with meta commentary, the morality or lack thereof of the George W. Bush administration, and a handful of posts about the actual thread topic. Great stuff, love to see it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2023, 09:56:16 PM »

There are definitely Republicans who listen to emo. There might even be some on this very forum.

Then why aren't there any on any of the forums about emo I post at?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2023, 10:00:12 PM »

Then why aren't there any on any of the forums about emo I post at?

IDK but the kind of person who would listen to emo and vote Republican doesn’t strike me as a particularly Online person, relative to their peers. Or at least they’re not hanging out on emo forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies