Ben Shapiro burns Barbies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:56:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Shapiro burns Barbies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ben Shapiro burns Barbies  (Read 3937 times)
oldtimer
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2023, 01:33:26 PM »

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't. Having seen The Last Jedi, the only thing I find surprising about the audience score is that it isn't 0%. And the fact that RT "recalibrated" its audience scores in order to be lenient towards megacorporate products like these is hardly something to celebrate.

"The Last Jedi was a bad movie" and "The Last Jedi was review-bombed by terminally online misogynistic weirdos" are not mutually exclusive from each other.
I think we forgot the premise of movies:

To make money by entertaining people.

The Disney Star Wars movies promised a lot and didn't deliver much.

It's not that it would be that difficult to fix it.

I had an idea that they could simply to reintroduce the soap opera idea of having a secret twin brother of the evil protagonist.
But immune to the force and all it's magic, and had to make it with his own brains and brawns. Something like what Han Solo was in the original but with the brother twist.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2023, 01:37:11 PM »

Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 42%(the audience score) as well and 6.9 is not a good score for a blockbuster franchise on IMDB.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 got 6.6 for example

6.9 is a good score on IMDB. I look up 20-30 movies a week on there. I didn't think Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a bad movie if that is your implication but regardless the score means the viewers think is middling to good, not bad.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2023, 01:40:38 PM »

Why are we talking exclusively about the Last Jedi? It's not like these limp-dicked sexist morons don't hate movies which otherwise were well-reviewed and uncontroversial.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2023, 01:41:11 PM »

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't. Having seen The Last Jedi, the only thing I find surprising about the audience score is that it isn't 0%. And the fact that RT "recalibrated" its audience scores in order to be lenient towards megacorporate products like these is hardly something to celebrate.

"The Last Jedi was a bad movie" and "The Last Jedi was review-bombed by terminally online misogynistic weirdos" are not mutually exclusive from each other.

But immune to the force and all it's magic, and had to make it with his own brains and brawns. Something like what Han Solo was in the original but with the brother twist.

So like the Yuuzhan Vong
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2023, 01:41:26 PM »

Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 42%(the audience score) as well and 6.9 is not a good score for a blockbuster franchise on IMDB.

6.9 is a good score on IMDB. I look up 20-30 movies a week on there. I didn't think Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a bad movie if that is your implication but regardless the score means the viewers think is middling to good, not bad.

Congrats, you just made my ignore list. You should be ashamed of yourself.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2023, 01:42:42 PM »

Why are we talking exclusively about the Last Jedi? It's not like these limp-dicked sexist morons don't hate movies which otherwise were well-reviewed and uncontroversial.

Right, who could forget the infamous review-bombing of Alien and Terminator 2? Those sexist nerds clearly hate those movies since they starred women.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2023, 01:44:18 PM »

I wasn't even talking to you. I was just giving my opinion. This whole thread you keep stating your opinion of movies over and over again like it's an obvious fact. They're just your opinions, and not everyone agrees with you.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2023, 01:45:57 PM »

Right, who could forget the infamous review-bombing of Alien and Terminator 2? Those sexist nerds clearly hate those movies since they starred women.

Or the Original Trilogy where one of the main protagonists was female.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2023, 01:46:54 PM »

Is this an act somehow or is this really you?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2023, 01:50:47 PM »

This reminds me of some incel loser who after a racist tirade against Moses Ingram said on his channel that he and his ilk can't be racist because they like the original trilogy where Lando Calrissian is a major character.
That's the kind of sharp thinking you'd expect from a mouth breathing, Trump voting, sexually frustrated bigot.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2023, 01:51:40 PM »

I wasn't even talking to you. I was just giving my opinion. This whole thread you keep stating your opinion of movies over and over again like it's an obvious fact. They're just your opinions, and not everyone agrees with you.

You don't have to agree with me. At the same time, I don't have to listen to the opinions of people who have worse taste in film than the average seven-year-old. Storytelling is an art form that has existed for thousands of years, and if by now you haven't managed to discern the good from the bad then nothing I can say will help you.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2023, 01:51:50 PM »

Because everyone was warned about it years before it came into existance, I remember South Park did entire episodes about Disney ruining Star Wars back in 2012.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2023, 01:51:57 PM »

So like the Yuuzhan Vong

Ah yes, the NJO, the super long series that was great hit Star Wars fans hated for a long time. Aka Star Wars fans are whiny trash in general who hate everything done.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2023, 01:54:11 PM »

Is this an act somehow or is this really you?

Do you have a response, or are you going to continue trying to change the subject every time someone proves you wrong about something?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2023, 01:55:07 PM »

So like the Yuuzhan Vong

Ah yes, the NJO, the super long series that was great hit Star Wars fans hated for a long time. Aka Star Wars fans are whiny trash in general who hate everything done.

Username: MasterJedi
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2023, 01:55:11 PM »

You don't have to agree with me. At the same time, I don't have to listen to the opinions of people who have worse taste in film than the average seven-year-old. Storytelling is an art form that has existed for thousands of years, and if by now you haven't managed to discern the good from the bad then nothing I can say will help you.

I watch move movies than anyone here. There's probably some you don't like that would have me shaking my head too but that's still your opinion, valid as anyone else's. Do whatever you want though. Ignore, show this post, whatever.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2023, 01:58:17 PM »

Because everyone was warned about it years before it came into existance, I remember South Park did entire episodes about Disney ruining Star Wars back in 2012.

Kathleen Kennedy's mistake was the she didn't gather her handpicked directors one weekend at a resort where they'd hammer out an outline for the new trilogy: where the heroes would be at the start and where they'd be at the end along with a general plot. Instead she let them do whatever they wanted which resulted in chaos and conflicting storylines.
That was what ruined the new trilogy, not increased representation of women and minorities like these online bozos suggest.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2023, 01:59:27 PM »

This reminds me of some incel loser who after a racist tirade against Moses Ingram said on his channel that he and his ilk can't be racist because they like the original trilogy where Lando Calrissian is a major character.
That's the kind of sharp thinking you'd expect from a mouth breathing, Trump voting, sexually frustrated bigot.

Do you have the capability to respond without using personal attacks cause you have not substantively responded to a single post on here.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2023, 01:59:55 PM »

Kathleen Kennedy's mistake was the she didn't gather her handpicked directors one weekend at a resort where they'd hammer out an outline for the new trilogy: where the heroes would be at the start and where they'd be at the end along with a general plot. Instead she let them do whatever they wanted which resulted in chaos and conflicting storylines.
That was what ruined the new trilogy, not increased representation of women and minorities like these online bozos suggest.

I recommended your post because the first portion was entirely correct. That is precisely the reason why the series sucked, and if you ask the average Star Wars fan (not the mouth-breathers who collect Funko Pop dolls and give 10/10 ratings to anything with their favorite brand slapped on it), 95% of them will say the same.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2023, 02:00:06 PM »

So like the Yuuzhan Vong

Would prefer to have nothing from Disney and leave them to continue the EU as they were but nothing is as bad as the incels make it out to be.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2023, 02:02:52 PM »

Do you have the capability to respond without using personal attacks cause you have not substantively responded to a single post on here.

Why do you care whether I attack some racist assholes on youtube?
I didn't see you clutching your pearls when these brain-damaged losers were sending death threats to actors they didn't like because of the color of their skin.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2023, 02:04:13 PM »

So like the Yuuzhan Vong

Would prefer to have nothing from Disney and leave them to continue the EU as they were but nothing is as bad as the incels make it out to be.

I'm just gonna start calling people "incels" if they dislike Eagle Eye (2008). It makes exactly as much sense as calling someone a sexless virgin because they hated any other movie.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2023, 02:06:32 PM »

Why do you care whether I attack some racist assholes on youtube?
I didn't see you clutching your pearls when these brain-damaged losers were sending death threats to actors they didn't like because of the color of their skin.

when did Geeks+ Gamers do this.

Anyway the Star Wars youtube channel I watch the most is Star Wars Theory, but I have never seen Geeks+ Gamers do this(granted I only watch their videos occasionaly). If they have can you show evidence of this and yes I would agree with you that they are horrible if they have done that.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2023, 02:11:44 PM »

Anyway the Star Wars youtube channel I watch the most is Star Wars Theory, but I have never seen Geeks+ Gamers do this(granted I only watch their videos occasionaly). If they have can you show evidence of this and yes I would agree with you that they are horrible if they have done that.

Oh look, another gem I found by your favorite youtubers. It's the time when they called the female lead of "Prey" a "squaw".

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9WHE3FCRrjI
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2023, 02:23:30 PM »

Oh look, another gem I found by your favorite youtubers. It's the time when they called the female lead of "Prey" a "squaw".

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9WHE3FCRrjI

Are you going to be offended if someone starts calling Italian-American characters "guineas?", did Joss Whedon get to you when Loki called Black Widow "a mewling quim"?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies