How would you grade Steve Daines' performance as chair of the NRSC so far?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:59:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How would you grade Steve Daines' performance as chair of the NRSC so far?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Your rating?
A

B

C

D

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: How would you grade Steve Daines' performance as chair of the NRSC so far?  (Read 350 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2023, 12:38:00 PM »

title
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 01:13:23 PM »

C I think is fair.

AZ: This has been a major strike-out for the Republicans so far.
IN: I think this is actually one of Daines's best moves; he secured a non-controversial nominee and avoided a potentially damaging primary with Daniels.
MI: This could end up being ok, but it hasn't been impressive yet. You know you're in trouble when you're hoping for Huizenga to jump in.
MT: Sheehy is OK – not great, but OK. I think someone who had actually been elected to office in Montana would have been way better, but Montana's red enough where it might not matter. Daines did a good job convincing Trump not to endorse (if indeed he did do that). If he convinces Rosendale to stay out somehow I'll bump this up.
NV: Again, Sam Brown is OK. However, he'll have to beat Marchant in the primary, and I do think carpetbagging from Texas is a weakness. It's one thing to move to Nevada from somewhere else and run for office, it's quite another to do so after a failed political career in your home state.
OH: I actually think the fact that both Dolan and LaRose are running could easily allow Moreno a wide lane without getting close to a majority, which is an unnecessary risk to say the least. No points here.
PA: This has been even worse than Michigan. Inb4 McCormick – no.
WV: Justice was probably the best candidate here, for whatever that's worth, which is honestly not much.
WI: Also bad. Tom Tiffany? Really? And that's the optimistic scenario, it could be David Clarke!

Overall, definitely not as bad as Scott, but overall he is definitely being overrated by conservatives. I suspect this is mostly cope. The most charitable case you could make is you could argue that he's just focused on low-hanging fruit since he likely only needs said fruit to win, but MI/PA/WI/AZ especially are very winnable, and you could really set the Democrats back substantially if you win some or all of them, which it doesn't seem like he's trying to do. Lest we forget, in 2026 Democrats have realistic pickup opportunities in ME, NC, and AK with Peltola. If Rs win even just 54 seats in 2024, it all but takes the Senate off the board, but it doesn't seem like they're trying to do that for whatever reason.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 05:11:35 PM »

C. West Virginia and Indiana are good, but he keeps trying to recruit elitist neocon selffunders and strongmanning acts conservatives out of the race. Unpopular opinion but I really liked Rick Scott's tenure.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 05:36:43 PM »

C minus, closer to a D. His strongest recruits are in red states where the outcome of the general election is certain.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 05:45:21 PM »

His strongest recruits so far are the Jims, whose races are both layups.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies