NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 07:16:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 ... 177
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!  (Read 112222 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4200 on: June 02, 2024, 07:59:47 AM »

Does a corrupt Illinois Democrat really play well with the Fox crowd? If so, they’re even dumber than I thought.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #4201 on: June 02, 2024, 08:47:22 AM »

Lol IL and D voters don't care what Blago has to say
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4202 on: June 02, 2024, 01:55:30 PM »

Lmao, maybe that's why he's violating is gag order:

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4203 on: June 02, 2024, 02:27:36 PM »

Does a corrupt Illinois Democrat really play well with the Fox crowd? If so, they’re even dumber than I thought.

Classic Fox news democrat syndrome. Their viewers adore the parade of so-called Democrats they put on camera to decry and pearl clutch over how much the Democratic party has betrayed them blah blah blah blah blah
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4204 on: June 02, 2024, 02:37:00 PM »

Classic Fox news democrat syndrome. Their viewers adore the parade of so-called Democrats they put on camera to decry and pearl clutch over how much the Democratic party has betrayed them blah blah blah blah blah

I mean, the video title says everything: "Democrat governor" instead of "Democratic governor".
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #4205 on: June 02, 2024, 02:50:17 PM »

No one cares what Blago has to say, the DS stood up to Blago something Natl Ds didn't do so against Clinton and they lost anyways with Gore, I was for impeachment and removal Clinton from office
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #4206 on: June 02, 2024, 08:27:56 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2024, 08:31:02 PM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

I haven't seen any discussion of the polling on this so far, for those who say 'nuance is dead in the U.S' I'd say the polling is generally encouraging.

A plurality of Americans say that charging Trump was politically motivated. However, they seem to mean this in a fairly narrow way

1.Outside of the brain-dead Trump cult (around 30% of Americans based on the other responses I'd guess) most of the rest seem to take it that the one who was politically motivated was Alvin Bragg and this had nothing to do with Joe Biden. I think this is based on ignorance of Bragg who, as has been shown here, has charged multiple cases of white collar crime based on falsifying documents, but I can obviously understand the sentiment that 'if Trump had not been President or was running for President again, that he would not have been charged with this.'  

However, that seems to be all it means, because of what I've seen of the polling:

2.Outside of the brain-dead Trump cult, many of these same people who believe that charging Trump was politically motivated also believe that Trump committed a crime and was properly convicted for it.

This group seems to be at least 15% of Americans.

It seems to be only the brain-dead Trump cult (and a few of the dimwitted left) who believe any of the nonsense that Biden had anything to do with this or that the trial was 'fixed.'

So, those who argue that the American people think that charging Trump was 'politically motivated' should understand the narrowness of this view: that, outside of the brain-dead Trump cult, that they don't seem to believe that Biden was in any way involved, and that they also believe that Donald Trump was charged for a crime and properly convicted.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #4207 on: June 02, 2024, 10:30:53 PM »

The clown representing California's 54th Congressional District keeps making himself seem more and more like a parody of himself!

Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #4208 on: June 02, 2024, 10:47:05 PM »

Can we please sentence Donald Trump to mandatory jury duty for the remainder of his private life? (I can understand how Presidency may get in the way of such things.)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4209 on: June 03, 2024, 12:24:24 AM »

Can we please sentence Donald Trump to mandatory jury duty for the remainder of his private life? (I can understand how Presidency may get in the way of such things.)

LOL
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4210 on: June 03, 2024, 12:37:47 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2024, 01:02:36 AM by brucejoel99 »

Politico has declared in a headline that "This reluctant prosecutor just made Donald Trump a felon." In America as in Germany, however, people are not happy at the Axel Springer-owned outlet for its overt spinniness. And no less a person than...

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1796908477698150907

Bragg turned the case down at first, even Trump said this over and over in his press conference. It was only a year after taking office that he determined the case was worth pursuing.

A lot of people owe Bragg an apology. They assumed that the Pomerantz & Dunne resignations signaled that the case was being shut down, but the Manhattan D.A.'s Office explicitly responded to the public fallout by stating that the investigation into Trump remained ongoing & that Bragg therefore couldn't publicly comment on its specifics. But people automatically trusted that Pomerantz, a NY legal legend, knew better than Bragg, & so believed the conflicted self-interested conclusions which Pomerantz published in his resignation letter (which he 100% leaked to the media himself) that Bragg disagreeing with Pomerantz's case readiness assessment was a cover-up for indeed moving to corruptly shut the case down altogether.

One wonders what Pomerantz's motives were. He later admitted while the case was still active that he wasn't even sure himself if his financial fraud case could win but he wanted to try anyway! Yet, some assumed Bragg replacing Pomerantz with Hoffinger - who presumably wasn't inclined to leave her family's firm just to help the D.A. put on a show to cover-up his corrupt motives for not pursuing the prosecution - was somehow merely just further evidence of the "cover-up" & that she was being installed precisely to not really pursue the case... only for Pomerantz(!) to stop them: "the district attorney only perked up after one of the prosecutors who resigned wrote a book about his investigation into Trump" (in Feb. 2023).

[Insert sure_jan_(bragg_to_pomerantz_version).gif here]

So a lot of people ought to reconsider their initial impressions of Bragg, starting with Pomerantz especially, since he was clearly just so personally invested in taking the case to trial after all of the time that he'd put into it, taking it to SCOTUS twice presumably in pursuit of the glory (& book deal that was the real friend he made along the way) to be obtained from being the first prosecutor to try convicting Trump, that he sacrificed the case's readiness, triggering an embarrassingly self-inflicted end to his great career, while Bragg, Steinglass & Hoffinger, et al., are winning all of the plaudits that they're winning right now because they earned them for doing their jobs well to obtain the first presidential criminal conviction.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4211 on: June 03, 2024, 12:39:09 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2024, 12:42:24 AM by The Mikado »

What scandal-ridden and disgraced R washup would be the equivalent of this? If Mark Sanford were a CNN or MSNBC commentator, maybe? Say what you will about the MSNBC Republican as a species, it's almost never the "disgraced and chased out of office in scandal" types who went that route.

EDIT: Forget Sanford, the answer would be if Bob McDonnell were a cable news frequent flier. He's a pretty good match for Blago.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #4212 on: June 03, 2024, 01:47:42 AM »

Lmao, maybe that's why he's violating is gag order:

He looks terrible.

I'm not wishing it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't survive the year. Again, I'm not saying that out of any malicious wish or desire cause I don't wish people dead. But he doesn't look well.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4213 on: June 03, 2024, 02:08:44 AM »

Republican "moderates" have made a mockery of themselves like nobody else during the Trump years.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4214 on: June 03, 2024, 02:13:03 AM »

Republican "moderates" have made a mockery of themselves like nobody else during the Trump years.

Basically no one will change their vote because of this either way.

Anyone who would vote for Trump because of this will certainly have voted for him to begin with

Anyone who would vote for Biden because of this was not gonna vote for Trump to begin with

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4215 on: June 03, 2024, 02:17:32 AM »

Anyone who would vote for Trump because of this will certainly have voted for him to begin with

Anyone who would vote for Biden because of this was not gonna vote for Trump to begin with

The fact that you won't change your vote even though your nominee is now a convicted felon isn't exactly something you should be proud of.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4216 on: June 03, 2024, 02:29:15 AM »

The fact that you won't change your vote even though your nominee is now a convicted felon isn't exactly something you should be proud of.

Frankly I doubt any person actually cares about this particular case. Politicians do worse things then this all the time and yeah if not for Jan 6th Id vote for Trump regardless of the outcome of this case.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4217 on: June 03, 2024, 02:34:33 AM »

Frankly I doubt any person actually cares about this particular case. Politicians do worse things then this all the time and yeah if not for Jan 6th Id vote for Trump regardless of the outcome of this case.

If somebody who fancies himself an an anti-Trumper believes all this BS then it's no mystery why Trump still has the party in a stranglehold.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4218 on: June 03, 2024, 03:45:29 AM »

Politico has declared in a headline that "This reluctant prosecutor just made Donald Trump a felon." In America as in Germany, however, people are not happy at the Axel Springer-owned outlet for its overt spinniness. And no less a person than...

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1796908477698150907

Bragg turned the case down at first, even Trump said this over and over in his press conference. It was only a year after taking office that he determined the case was worth pursuing.

A lot of people owe Bragg an apology. They assumed that the Pomerantz & Dunne resignations signaled that the case was being shut down, but the Manhattan D.A.'s Office explicitly responded to the public fallout by stating that the investigation into Trump remained ongoing & that Bragg therefore couldn't publicly comment on its specifics. But people automatically trusted that Pomerantz, a NY legal legend, knew better than Bragg, & so believed the conflicted self-interested conclusions which Pomerantz published in his resignation letter (which he 100% leaked to the media himself) that Bragg disagreeing with Pomerantz's case readiness assessment was a cover-up for indeed moving to corruptly shut the case down altogether.

One wonders what Pomerantz's motives were. He later admitted while the case was still active that he wasn't even sure himself if his financial fraud case could win but he wanted to try anyway! Yet, some assumed Bragg replacing Pomerantz with Hoffinger - who presumably wasn't inclined to leave her family's firm just to help the D.A. put on a show to cover-up his corrupt motives for not pursuing the prosecution - was somehow merely just further evidence of the "cover-up" & that she was being installed precisely to not really pursue the case... only for Pomerantz(!) to stop them: "the district attorney only perked up after one of the prosecutors who resigned wrote a book about his investigation into Trump" (in Feb. 2023).

[Insert sure_jan_(bragg_to_pomerantz_version).gif here]

So a lot of people ought to reconsider their initial impressions of Bragg, starting with Pomerantz especially, since he was clearly just so personally invested in taking the case to trial after all of the time that he'd put into it, taking it to SCOTUS twice presumably in pursuit of the glory (& book deal that was the real friend he made along the way) to be obtained from being the first prosecutor to try convicting Trump, that he sacrificed the case's readiness, triggering an embarrassingly self-inflicted end to his great career, while Bragg, Steinglass & Hoffinger, et al., are winning all of the plaudits that they're winning right now because they earned them for doing their jobs well to obtain the first presidential criminal conviction.

He said it wasn't ready yet. A year later it was. Semantics.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4219 on: June 03, 2024, 07:06:05 AM »

It won't change the mind of Republica cultists devoted to their convicted felon, rapist, traitor dictator, Donald Trump. It won't change the minds of those of us already determined to oppose the deplorable Republican cult and its dictator.

But a large factor in close elections are the people who just don't pay that much attention to politics, but still regularly vote. And while it's not certain, being a convicted felon has a good chance of sinking Donald Trump with those voters. Which is why the cult is panicking and in denial.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4220 on: June 03, 2024, 07:59:28 AM »

The clown representing California's 54th Congressional District keeps making himself seem more and more like a parody of himself!

Not sure if you already realized this and I'm just missing a joke, but you realize that this is a parody account, right?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4221 on: June 03, 2024, 08:51:33 AM »

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1797266842697736687

Fake moderate is fake, news at 11.

The issue with many so-called moderates and anti-Trumpers is they're still putting short-term policy goals over the rule of law and refuse to realize that Trump is just a vile and depraved individual who should be nowhere near any position of power. They would much rather have a morally bankrupt convicted felon running this country and undermining its institutions as long as he passes more tax cuts for the 1% and serves as rubber stamp to nominate more Federalist Society judges. Unfortunately that's the reality we're dealing with and it needs to be voiced every time a so called moderate comes up with "oh, but Biden is so bad".
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4222 on: June 03, 2024, 08:54:12 AM »

This is exactly why we're looking at the 3rd party/"someone else"/undecided/soft support voters.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #4223 on: June 03, 2024, 09:03:54 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2024, 09:13:11 AM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

Not sure if you already realized this and I'm just missing a joke, but you realize that this is a parody account, right?

I sometimes have a dry wit. My introduction was a tell, for those who hadn't seen the first time I posted from this parody account. '54th Congressional District' (California has 53) and I even said "he keeps making himself seem more and more like a parody of himself!"
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4224 on: June 03, 2024, 09:08:44 AM »

I just realized this is the first full week with Donald Trump as a convicted felon, lol.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 ... 177  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies