NY: Trump on Trial!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:00:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Trump on Trial!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 111
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: NY: Trump on Trial!  (Read 77552 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: March 31, 2023, 08:45:03 AM »

Just as an aside, it's funny to see the GOP go insane acting if the DA himself and "Democrats" were the ones who personally indicted Trump. Uh, do they not know the system works? The DA brought the case against Trump and the *grand jury* were the ones who saw the evidence and thought it was good enough to vote to indict. The DA had nothing to do with indicting Trump himself, other than bringing a case he thought was valid to a jury. The jury could've easily voted not to indict if they didn't think it was credible.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #651 on: March 31, 2023, 08:49:39 AM »

On an additional note, the fact an indictment potentially helps Trump to lock up the nomination - assuming that's the case - would just be testimony how depraved the Republican Party and a majority of their base are. Because apparently these people are completely unable to realize Trump is a corrupt. You may like his policies or not, the fact this doesn't finish his political ambition shows how deep a self-proclaimed "law and order" has sunk. But well, we've passed this point a very long, long time ago. It goes even so far that they downplay and deny a literal coup attempt. It speaks volumes for anyone who's paying attention.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #652 on: March 31, 2023, 08:51:48 AM »

On an additional note, the fact an indictment potentially helps Trump to lock up the nomination - assuming that's the case - would just be testimony how depraved the Republican Party and a majority of their base are. Because apparently these people are completely unable to realize Trump is a corrupt. You may like his policies or not, the fact this doesn't finish his political ambition shows how deep a self-proclaimed "law and order" has sunk. But well, we've passed this point a very long, long time ago. It goes even so far that they downplay and deny a literal coup attempt. It speaks volumes for anyone who's paying attention.

It's also ironic that the same people have been emphatic that Hillary Clinton is corrupt and should be locked up since 2016, yet when Trump breaks the law, it's a "witch hunt" and "totally innocent!" ....
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #653 on: March 31, 2023, 08:54:47 AM »

No way this ends poorly at all...
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #654 on: March 31, 2023, 08:57:56 AM »

When asked about it, MTG probably couldn't explain what precisely is supposed to be "unconstitutional" about it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #655 on: March 31, 2023, 09:04:29 AM »

When asked about it, MTG probably couldn't explain what precisely is supposed to be "unconstitutional" about it.

You can't indict a sitting President former President person named Donald J. Trump. Bill Barr said so. Would he lie to us?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #656 on: March 31, 2023, 09:04:49 AM »

Just leaving this here... nobody outside his cult likes Trump. Sad!

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #657 on: March 31, 2023, 09:11:10 AM »

I know it’s unconventional thinking but I don’t see this helping Trump’s campaign.

Sure, the cult will stick with him but swingy voters will abandon him even more. Maybe he wins the primary but this kills his chances in the general.

I hope I’m right anyway.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #658 on: March 31, 2023, 09:20:47 AM »

I know it’s unconventional thinking but I don’t see this helping Trump’s campaign.

Sure, the cult will stick with him but swingy voters will abandon him even more. Maybe he wins the primary but this kills his chances in the general.

I hope I’m right anyway.

As for the electorate as a whole, I don't either see the indictment helping him much. Though it may fire up the base and help with turnout.

Another question here is whether the public views the (not yet in detail presented) charges brought forward as legitimate or whether this just seems like something abstract or basically just "corrupt stuff that all politicians here doing anyway". Then some folks might just discredit this as political theater. You even have Never Trumpers on the R-side like OSR who think this is a political hitjob.
FloridaMan1845
Rookie
United States

« Reply #659 on: March 31, 2023, 09:34:16 AM »

January 6 Part II. Lord help this country.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #660 on: March 31, 2023, 09:38:34 AM »

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Family-owned business executives not understanding that comingling of assets (e.g. using your company as a personal piggy bank) breaches the most fundamental fiduciary duties, pierces liability protections, and opens the door to fraud/embezzlement investigation

Shows you how much attention Donny really paid at Wharton, no?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #661 on: March 31, 2023, 09:39:18 AM »

January 6 Part II. Lord help this country.

It really is frightening that this is what the country is coming to.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #662 on: March 31, 2023, 09:44:38 AM »

Democrats want to run against Trump . Republican voters : You need to vote for DeSantis to ensure democrats don’t get what they want from this witch-hunt

Why is this a "witch hunt"?

Because beep boops mummy and daddy and many members of his family and friends of family voted for trump. And they couldn't have voted for someone who committed a crime! Angry

First of all , neither of my parents voted for Trump and second of all how the heck couldn’t you see I was using Trump supporter language to try to convince them to not vote for Trump in the primary .

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #663 on: March 31, 2023, 09:48:27 AM »

Wait I thought OSR nickname was know “big boob” 😉 😬
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #664 on: March 31, 2023, 09:52:28 AM »

This will be bigger than OJ Simpson's trial.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #665 on: March 31, 2023, 10:10:27 AM »

Democrats want to run against Trump . Republican voters : You need to vote for DeSantis to ensure democrats don’t get what they want from this witch-hunt

Because beep boops mummy and daddy and many members of his family and friends of family voted for trump. And they couldn't have voted for someone who committed a crime! Angry

First of all , neither of my parents voted for Trump and second of all how the heck couldn’t you see I was using Trump supporter language to try to convince them to not vote for Trump in the primary .

I'd like to apologize for the unreasonableness from many fellow red avatars. The inability to see things from a blue avatar perspective is too common in us, taken as a whole.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #666 on: March 31, 2023, 10:16:15 AM »

I'd like to apologize for the unreasonableness from many fellow red avatars. The inability to see things from a blue avatar perspective is too common in us, taken as a whole.

Computer96 is hardly any more in tune with Republicans than the red avatars are. This is a guy who earlier this week thought George Bush would be a good surrogate for DeSantis.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #667 on: March 31, 2023, 10:19:04 AM »

Computer96 is hardly any more in tune with Republicans than the red avatars are. This is a guy who earlier this week thought George Bush would be a good surrogate for DeSantis.

If he wins the nomination, and I specifically said in Arizona and Georgia where there are many swing voters who liked Bush but hated Trump .

Spectator
United States

« Reply #668 on: March 31, 2023, 10:20:48 AM »

If he wins the nomination, and I specifically said in Arizona and Georgia where there are many swing voters who liked Bush but hated Trump .

Those voters are called Democrats now. The days of R+20 Rockdale County are gone. And any popularity Bush once enjoyed here is now gone.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #669 on: March 31, 2023, 10:25:28 AM »

Those voters are called Democrats now. The days of R+20 Rockdale County are gone. And any popularity Bush once enjoyed here is now gone.

Well I’m talking about the people who still voted for Republicans downballot and not the ones who are straight D now . 2020 downballot results and 2022 Georgia shows their are many voters who are willing to vote Republican if it’s not Trump or someone who beat other republicans in the primary with his endorsement.

For DeSantis to win the nomination, he’d have to beat Trump so the latter does not apply
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #670 on: March 31, 2023, 10:30:16 AM »

*Makes wanking gesture*
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #671 on: March 31, 2023, 10:54:46 AM »

In all fairness, Rockdale County became Democratic because of demographic shifts, not because of voters switching loyalties.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #672 on: March 31, 2023, 11:02:13 AM »

*Makes wanking gesture*
If you don't see the value in talking to the other side using their own talking point style to get an outcome you want, you don't have the guts to defend our political order. Sorry, not sorry.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #673 on: March 31, 2023, 11:34:15 AM »

*Makes wanking gesture*
If you don't see the value in talking to the other side using their own talking point style to get an outcome you want, you don't have the guts to defend our political order. Sorry, not sorry.

Feeding their delusions of persecution is not building bridges with people who will come around on America when its put in terms they can understand. "You're correct that this is a massive conspiracy by your enemies" is not defusing the situation and defending our political order.

We don't want the lunatics lured back into the attic and kept in a lie-fueled rage. Republicans are sick, twisted people for putting their coalition's need for this poison above America's wellbeing.

The people whose talking style is objective lies need to confront realities - legal and numerical. If they can't accept criminals going to jail or their ideas being outnumbered, they need psychological help. If they turn to violence, they are criminals. Suggesting OSR has guts for lying to get what he wants - the same lies destroying our country - is ludicrous.

I don’t think charging candidates for campaign finance violations is a good precedent to have given how much Grey areas candidates already fall into when it comes to campaign finance . Do we want a to start a trend where pretty much every candidate starts to get indicated over this as that’s not something I want started at all .

The responsible thing to do is not charge Trump
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #674 on: March 31, 2023, 11:35:29 AM »

I hope I’m right anyway.

I mean I think the convention wisdom here is that its good for his primary campaign, b/c it will rally the crazies around him but it's definitely toxic for the GE.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 111  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies