CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:44:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people  (Read 5392 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2023, 05:17:33 PM »

No, we should force all the threads I don't like into a megathread because this forum exists to cater to my preferences alone!!!1
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2023, 05:19:05 PM »

No, we should force all the threads I don't like into a megathread because this forum exists to cater to my preferences alone!!!1

Abortion/overturning Roe gets a megathread, COVID gets a megathread, Jan 6th gets a megathread

but somehow LGBT issues that are spammed in USGD just as often aren't worthy of a megathread? lmao
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2023, 05:20:31 PM »

Abortion/overturning Roe gets a megathread, COVID gets a megathread, Jan 6th gets a megathread

but somehow LGBT issues that are spammed in USGD just as often aren't worthy of a megathread? lmao

Ok? Quit reading the trans threads if you don't like them. There are lots of threads here that don't interest me, so I don't read them. I don't cry about it and try to get them shut down.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2023, 05:21:12 PM »

The spam argument doesn't hold water because the problem some people have with these posts is not that they are spam, it's that they are evidence that radicalism is real and that the anti-transgender crusade was never about parental rights or anything else seemingly reasonable.

The spam argument exists because it actually is spam. There is no evidence to support this idea that a "trans genocide" is happening, and there is no valuable discussion that results from the threads. It's just an excuse for some red or maroon av to falsely claim "trans genocide" with no proof and for a bunch of people to reply things like"omg Republicans are evil and have to be stopped" like it means anything.

I haven't see anyone say it is actually happen, but it's clear that there are people proposing it (this person at CPAC). And not all the threads are about genocide, but are also about bills about banning transitioning and even removing children from the home.

If you even bothered to listen to what he actually said, he was referring to transgenderism (an ideology), not transgender people. He's clearly not even close to proposing genocide.

But of course like every other red/maroon av on this forum that frequently posts about trans issues, it's much easier to push your existing beliefs than actually listen to what is being said or reason what is actually being proposed from the source itself.

There's no such thing as transgenderism. It's just a word right-wingers made up to refer to all transgender people in a way where they can do exactly what you just did which is create a false narrative of talking about something separate.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2023, 05:34:22 PM »

Ok? Quit reading the trans threads if you don't like them. There are lots of threads here that don't interest me, so I don't read them. I don't cry about it and try to get them shut down.

Requesting they be condensed into a megathread =/= shutting it down.

What valid reason is there to have almost 30 threads in a month saying basically the same thing? There is no rational argument to be made that keeping these threads separate accomplishes anything that a megathread cannot.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2023, 05:35:38 PM »

The latter two are threads devoted to specific events in time and their aftermath; not really comparable to creating a megathread for a vague cloud of semi related policy issues like you want to. In the case of the COVID thread, iirc a lot of policy related threads were allowed to remain separate; the thread was only to consolidate the tracking of the disease itself.

Now, on the abortion mega thread you actually have a good point. Why is it the only issue that’s restricted to a single thread? Any other issue can be discussed freely but somehow this issue (despite recent election results suggesting it is one of the most salient in the country right now) cannot; this hardly makes sense. The moderators clearly made a grave error in allowing that thread to extend its scope beyond the Supreme Court case and cover abortion in general.

The moderators should rectify this by immediately retiring that thread and allowing free discussion on the topic again.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2023, 05:47:05 PM »

The Roe v. Wade megathread isn't an "abortion megathread." It's only for things directly related to the Dobbs decision.

For example, we've had these abortion-related threads in just the last few weeks that aren't part of it:
South Carolina woman arrested for terminating pregnacy with abortion pills
Activist judge Matthew Kacsmaryk could soon ban the abortion pill
How should the GOP approach abortion in 2024, if the goal is to maximize its chances of winning?
Military's New Abortion Policy Outrages Republicans
Mike Pence says "we need to ban abortion pills nationwide"
How to refute this common anti-choice argument?
Texas Woman Nearly Loses Her Life After Doctors Can't Legally Perform an Abortion
Anti-choice doctor encourages abortion opponents to act like 'principled' 9/11 hijackers

As you can see, there's a lot more discussion of abortion outside of the Dobbs megathread than there is in it. The argument that trans issues have to go into a megathread because abortion ones do is a failure.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2023, 05:51:01 PM »

What valid reason is there to have almost 30 threads in a month saying basically the same thing? There is no rational argument to be made that keeping these threads separate accomplishes anything that a megathread cannot.

No one is fooled into thinking the two most vociferously transphobic bigots on the Forum are making this demand in anything resembling good faith. Presumably - hopefully - that includes the mod cave.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2023, 05:55:12 PM »

No one is fooled into thinking the two most vociferously transphobic bigots on the Forum are making this demand in anything resembling good faith. Presumably - hopefully - that includes the mod cave.

The mods infract posts that are in the mainstream of public debate. They should stop doing that then and stop taking the left wing side of this debate
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2023, 05:57:19 PM »

The mods infract posts that are in the mainstream of public debate.

So? The mods would "infract" someone who said the exact quote that this thread is about, and they should, even though it's in the "mainstream of public debate."
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2023, 06:04:51 PM »

The mods infract posts that are in the mainstream of public debate. They should stop doing that then and stop taking the left wing side of this debate

No, the mods should simply enforce the rules of the forum. If the forum says "we don't want bigotry", then the mods should infract bigotry. It's literally that simple.

The argument you're making is "it LITERALLY doesn't matter how f__ked up a policy position is... the mods need to allow it if the position is semi-popular amoung American voters". That isn't how forums work. The owners set standards and the mods enforce the standards. If the USA moved right of Atlas over time, then Atlas isn't obligated to moderate right to appease the far right.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2023, 06:10:31 PM »

As I tell you RS whom keep responding Bush W and McCain went to NAACP and Bush W got 44 percent of Latino because of Colin Powell and Condi Rice RS have to win blue states since 2012 Mitt Romney isolated the NAACP, McCain went to NAACP but he picked Palin, the RS won't go to NAACP because they Filibuster on Sinema vote whom is Tulsi Gabby 2.0 Voting Rights means they lose it's as simple as that

Old School wants to know why Romney lost he won MA Gov and UT white states he lost to Obama a blk nation that's the difference just like if Joe Kennedy and Ed Market ran in other than MA Kennedy would have won a landslide

The RS have Dominated the H since 1994 and won 2000 not 22 because of Roberts is a Maverick not Rehnquist on Clarence Thomas Gerrymandering but we own the Prez and S
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2023, 06:38:28 PM »

Do you support the eradication of "transgenderism"?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2023, 06:39:31 PM »

Obviously not  and that was clearly not the moderation I was objecting too . I was objecting to the ones that were done against posters like Mr.R
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2023, 06:41:52 PM »

If you even bothered to listen to what he actually said, he was referring to transgenderism (an ideology), not transgender people. He's clearly not even close to proposing genocide.

But of course like every other red/maroon av on this forum that frequently posts about trans issues, it's much easier to push your existing beliefs than actually listen to what is being said or reason what is actually being proposed from the source itself.

You people keep saying this but it doesn't make any sense. It's like calling homosexuality an ideology.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2023, 06:43:17 PM »

Obviously not  and that was clearly not the moderation I was objecting too . I was objecting to the ones that were done against posters like Mr.R

So do you support moderating a post that calls for that, even though it's in the "mainstream of public debate" ?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2023, 08:16:16 PM »

You people keep saying this but it doesn't make any sense. It's like calling homosexuality an ideology.

Homosexuality - People that like other people of the same sex. Relatively simple stuff, and well documented to be at least several % of the population. Acceptance has skyrocketed to as much as 75% in recent surveys.

Transgenderism - People that think (and usually are) another gender. Has gone up from an obscure occurrence (including only 0.1% of Boomers) to a full 2% of Gen Z. Requires complex medical interventions usually beginning at an early age that are irreversible and have potential long term side effects. Acceptance has declined from 44% in 2017 to below 40%.

Nope, clearly nothing different here.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2023, 08:47:09 PM »

Homosexuality - People that like other people of the same sex. Relatively simple stuff, and well documented to be at least several % of the population. Acceptance has skyrocketed to as much as 75% in recent surveys.

Transgenderism - People that think (and usually are) another gender. Has gone up from an obscure occurrence (including only 0.1% of Boomers) to a full 2% of Gen Z. Requires complex medical interventions usually beginning at an early age that are irreversible and have potential long term side effects. Acceptance has declined from 44% in 2017 to below 40%.

How does this response dispute my claim in any way?

Not all transgender people want surgery, and having surgery is not “required” to be transgender. A pre-op trans person and a trans person who does not have surgery are still trans.

I’m not sure why you brought up the acceptance rate, the data is both inconsistent and completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Basically nothing that you said is a coherent response to my statement. I think you just saw the word transgender and started hyperventilating.

Explain to me how being trans is an ideology.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2023, 09:08:15 PM »

Good to see TFP poke his head into the debate after liking personal attacks against every other pro-trans poster.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2023, 09:26:32 PM »

How is this any different from the people who wanted to cure homosexuality in the 90s and 2000s?
It is quite similar.

The people who wanted to "cure homosexuality" did not have good intentions either.

But it's still in a different category than wanting to murder a group of people.

Sure, but murdering people is what this CPAC person is calling for.
The CPAC guy knows what he's doing, and baited a particular reaction.

Social conservatives will tend to think trans people are wrong, and people who follow the issue should recognize that this is a big part of the argument. A call to eradicate transgenderism is for many on the right the equivalent of a call to eradicate anorexia. It doesn't mean they want anorexics to die, and any such claim should be recognized as being highly misleading. It's not as if CPAC speakers secretly believe that millions of people would be better off with hormone therapy and sex change operations, even if you believe that would make their quality of life better and lower the rates of suicide.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2023, 09:27:48 PM »

The trans agenda... reminds me of the left-handed agenda
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2023, 09:32:10 PM »

The trans agenda... reminds me of the left-handed agenda

I personally don't recall having to come out as left-handed, get 'hand transition surgery' and get mad when others assume I'm right handed.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2023, 10:35:00 PM »

I personally don't recall having to come out as left-handed, get 'hand transition surgery' and get mad when others assume I'm right handed.

Somebody just told you four posts above yours that transgender people don't "have to get" gender reassignment surgery. Are you just being obtuse, or are you going to die on the hill of "trans people need to get surgery, it's part of being trans"?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2023, 10:41:24 PM »

Somebody just told you four posts above yours that transgender people don't "have to get" gender reassignment surgery. Are you just being obtuse, or are you going to die on the hill of "trans people need to get surgery, it's part of being trans"?
It really is in one ear and out the other for the anti trans crowd. You can keep saying that surgery isn’t a required to be trans, that little kids aren’t getting surgery, that it’s well documented that hormone treatment isn’t dangerous and isn’t anything like surgery, that the notion most trans people are faking it from peer pressure is absurd with no evidence, and that there are numerous examples of trans athletes not having an unfair advantage in sports until you are blue in the face but they don’t care. They have their talking points and will not change them not matter what
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2023, 10:44:02 PM »

And we are up to page 6 of this trash thread. Lets see how quick we can hit 10.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies