Public Office of the tack50 Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:50:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the tack50 Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of the tack50 Administration  (Read 1570 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: March 03, 2023, 03:05:26 PM »

As a Senator, I can't support razze's nomination.

Razze has too many qualities in contradiction with the original running mate, Laki. Laki, for example, is willing to compromise and support candidates across the political spectrum if he considers them a good choice. He is a leftist, like razze, but in terms of supporting legislation and carrying out his duties, he (Laki) does this in earnest with an open mind, instead of coming out of the woodwork to just toe the party (Labor-in-all-but-name) line. And I know that razze has historically been in Peace but a partisan label doesn't mean everything; you can be in Peace, as the majority of Peace of old was, and be completely beholden to Labor. However, I am looking forward to my former party shaking off that legacy which it has made strong efforts to do as of late.

Peace should be for Peace. This is a statement echoed by many of the party's present-day roster.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 06:17:43 AM »

Well things move fast so I've taken a few more actions this morning. First of all, I've decided to try to veto a dangerous bill from the previous Congress. I do not know if I actually can do that, but better safe than sorry.

Secondly, I've signed an executive order to nominate Cao to the position of GM. I've decided that a speedy confirmation for such an important job is in the best interest of this country.

Speaking of which, I've signed an executive order to empower the Secretary of state to renegotiate trade deals. I am not against free trade at all but these are old treaties that, at the very least, are due for a big revision that will better protect the workers of this country.

Do you think the jobs lost under NAFTA can come back or are they gone for good?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 11:58:22 AM »

#3: Restoring the federally recognized flag of the Southern Region

Recognized by who?
The federal government, says it right there.

Im curious what law says the President can make a law determining the flag of a Region on behalf of the country. Im unaware of any.

Seems case worthy.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 02:43:09 PM »

#3: Restoring the federally recognized flag of the Southern Region

Recognized by who?
The federal government, says it right there.

Im curious what law says the President can make a law determining the flag of a Region on behalf of the country. Im unaware of any.
/shrug, idk. I remember this was something OBD did back during his presidency, so it's a bit worrying to see that sort of stuff coming back.

Not sure what you’re referring to, but this was also done under Griff.

Doesnt make it lawful or right.

What a great legacy for Labor. Inequality between the regions and authoritarian leadership from above, not from the people.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 03:22:35 PM »

As a Southerner allow me to thank the President for his bold action respecting our country's history and her symbols. Dave bless Atlasia and all her people!

How long has the BLM flag been prominent in Atlasia (formerly the U.S.)? 100 years or 200 years?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 04:38:51 PM »

As a Southerner allow me to thank the President for his bold action respecting our country's history and her symbols. Dave bless Atlasia and all her people!

How long has the BLM flag been prominent in Atlasia (formerly the U.S.)? 100 years or 200 years?
Long enough! Smiley

I guess that means IRL Dobbs will be irrevocable precedent in 2032 (since BLM is a decade old). Wink
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 02:53:19 PM »

Executive Order 58-008

Concerning proposed territory acquisition/i]

1. Persuant to SB 113-50 Greenland Act, Section 1, it is so ordered that the Republic of Atlasia shall no longer participate in the proposed international agreement with Denmark regarding the acquisition of Greenland.

2. The State Department is ordered to suspend any negotiations with the governments of Denmark and Greenland.

xTack50, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Here is an executive order to at least try to stop the dumb, dangerous and wasteful purchase of parts of a foreign country. What I shall call YT's folly Tongue

How is it dangerous? And it's the South's money.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 10:53:18 PM »

No? If the Supreme Court rules against Tack, I have complete confidence he'll let the deal go ahead. But for now, he's well within his rights to take action here as he sees fit.

I don't really understand this - why are some folks so keen to blow billions of dollars on an icebox? It seems like a big vanity play imo.

It's Southern money. What's it to you?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 11:52:02 PM »

It's Southern money. What's it to you?
It's taxpayer money, right? Just seems like a lot of money to spend on a hunk of ice instead of public education or healthcare. With $15 billion, imagine how many new hospitals we could build in the South

Have you always had such a soft spot for the South? And that's what they said about Alaska, that it was useless, and the naysayers turned out to be wrong.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 07:04:34 AM »

Have you always had such a soft spot for the South? And that's what they said about Alaska, that it was useless, and the naysayers turned out to be wrong.
I actually do have a soft spot for the Southern people. I think their leaders are, well, [REDACTED], but that’s neither here nor there.

I don’t think it’s hard to see the difference between Alaska and Greenland. One is a vast, untamed wilderness of ice and snow, devoid of urban settlements and located far from the Atlasian mainland. The other is Alaska.

You should run for Governor in the South if you think the region is so off track. And tbf, the people voted for that regional government you deride so much.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 08:50:48 AM »

Let's be real: "the South" is mad because they can't s[inks]t all over black people without the federal government upholding years-long precedent, or shove through a unilateral acquisition for the largest island in the world - that's also inhabited by indigenous populations - without everybody bowing to their whims. Imagine that!

How embarrassing. What egos must be involved!

Is any caution to such actions the storied reverse racism I keep hearing about? Huh

By definition, the deal can't go through w/o Greenlandic support.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2023, 09:05:50 AM »

You should run for Governor in the South if you think the region is so off track. And tbf, the people voted for that regional government you deride so much.
I thought you folks didn’t like carpetbaggers?

If you run a good campaign that people want to support, that overrides it. At least for me. I'd prefer a non-carpet bagger but policy matters more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies