Public Office of the tack50 Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:00:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the tack50 Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Public Office of the tack50 Administration  (Read 1522 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2023, 12:31:25 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inauguration_of_Barack_Obama#/media/File:Crowd_at_National_Mall_for_Obama_inauguration_1-20-09_hires_090120-F-6184M-007a.jpg

My fellow Atlasians,

Today, we stand at a momentous and significant juncture in our nation’s history. We have come to this place once more to celebrate the peaceful and orderly transition of power that is a hallmark of our democracy. It is a testament to our strength as a nation and to our enduring commitment to the values that have long defined us. We gather here today to reaffirm our faith in the promise of our democracy, and to celebrate the beginning of a new era of unity and hope.

First, I want to honor my predecessor, Mr. Cao. A honorable, decent, and principled man, I am grateful for all he has done to mend the soul of our Republic. But, the work to restore this land to glory is nowhere near completed. Historically, our nation has been divided by deep and profound partisan warfare. We have allowed our differences to define us, rather than recognizing the common bonds that unite us. As we have learned since the last time a President was inaugurated on a Friday in March, that division is capable of leading us to our darkest and most perilous moments. But now, today, we come together in a spirit of unity. We assemble here today in patriotic spirit, in awe of the endurance of this Republic and of this Union to recognize the inherent dignity of all people and to honor the fundamental truth that all Atlasians are created equal.

For those who have been marginalized and overlooked, we affirm our commitment to ensuring that your voices are heard, and that your dreams and aspirations are realized. To this end, I want to make a pledge to you. I am committed to using the power of this office to foster a more just, equitable, and compassionate society. We shall recommit ourselves to the cause of economic justice. Capitalism simply is not working; therefore we must ensure that our economic system is one of inclusion, not exclusion. We must strive to create a system that works for everyone, not just an elite, well connected, globally minded, privileged few. I will lead a government that will work to reduce inequality, poverty, and the concentration of wealth and power. I will work to strengthen and expand our healthcare system, turn us away from neoliberal privatization and outsourcing schemes, and give workers real power and control, better wages, and peace of mind that tomorrow will be better. The old ways of profit over people, capital over communities, and free markets over families end today.

We must also recognize that our nation is only as strong as we present ourselves abroad. This administration will pursue a restrained foreign policy, with our guiding light being a commitment to peace and diplomacy. Atlasia is no empire, it never has been and never will be. And we shall act accordingly. I will never order the usage of military force unless this very nation is directly attacked. I will scale down our military presence internationally to the greatest degree possible. This administration seeks substantial cuts to our military spending, and I look forward to rolling out a budget that implements just that. This will be an unequivocally anti-imperialist government, and our sons and daughters will never be asked to take part in a foreign conflict as long as I sit in this office. War profiteering must be relegated to the ash heap of history.

My friends, let us commit ourselves today to a new beginning, and a new future. It is imperative that we come together in a spirit of unity and comradeship. Let us pledge to work together to bridge the divides that have separated us and to recognize the common eternal solidarity that binds us together. Let us strive to ensure that our nation is a beacon of justice, equality, and opportunity for all.

Thank you. God bless you, and God bless the Republic of Atlasia.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 12:33:29 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2023, 12:37:47 PM by President tack50 »

On more informal communications, I have issued the first 3 executive orders of this presidency.

#1: Given that it seems Lakigigar will not swear in, I have appointed Razze to the office of VicePresident, as per internal discussions. Another Peace candidate and someone with whom I've worked shoulder to shoulder for a long time now

#2: Removing Atlasian military presence from nations where a retreat has been long overdue

#3: Restoring the federally recognized flag of the Southern Region, a true reminder of the long fight against racism and intolerance in this country
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 12:40:28 PM »

Thank you for placing your trust in me, Señor Presidente. Under your leadership we will keep Atlasia united and happy!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 12:56:23 PM »

Not sure if this is the exact place to post this, but my resignation from the GM Team is effective as of today.

I'm looking forward to seeing who you nominate (hoping for Cao personally. He wanted the job,  and I know he'll be great at it).
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 01:04:27 PM »

Not sure if this is the exact place to post this, but my resignation from the GM Team is effective as of today.

I'm looking forward to seeing who you nominate (hoping for Cao personally. He wanted the job,  and I know he'll be great at it).
I second the recommendation of Cao.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 02:12:00 PM »

Ftr I plan on nomimating Cao, but I prefer doing it along the rest of the cabinet. Though if a speedy confirmation is required I will not hesitate to nominate him early, I can do it this weekend if I must
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 02:47:57 PM »

Thanks for putting the trust into Razze and congratulations to Razze to serve as vice-president. I have no doubt Razze will do a fine job. I also want to congratulate the president with taking office. I'm confident in your abilities to lead the country.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 03:05:26 PM »

As a Senator, I can't support razze's nomination.

Razze has too many qualities in contradiction with the original running mate, Laki. Laki, for example, is willing to compromise and support candidates across the political spectrum if he considers them a good choice. He is a leftist, like razze, but in terms of supporting legislation and carrying out his duties, he (Laki) does this in earnest with an open mind, instead of coming out of the woodwork to just toe the party (Labor-in-all-but-name) line. And I know that razze has historically been in Peace but a partisan label doesn't mean everything; you can be in Peace, as the majority of Peace of old was, and be completely beholden to Labor. However, I am looking forward to my former party shaking off that legacy which it has made strong efforts to do as of late.

Peace should be for Peace. This is a statement echoed by many of the party's present-day roster.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2023, 05:58:02 PM »

As a Senator, I will also have to oppose Razze for nomination as VP.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2023, 10:45:45 PM »

#3: Restoring the federally recognized flag of the Southern Region

Recognized by who?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 01:36:25 AM »

Recognized by who?
The federal government, says it right there.

But uh, this is just dumb. Very silly thing to do on your first day of office.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2023, 05:28:10 AM »

Well things move fast so I've taken a few more actions this morning. First of all, I've decided to try to veto a dangerous bill from the previous Congress. I do not know if I actually can do that, but better safe than sorry.

Secondly, I've signed an executive order to nominate Cao to the position of GM. I've decided that a speedy confirmation for such an important job is in the best interest of this country.

Speaking of which, I've signed an executive order to empower the Secretary of state to renegotiate trade deals. I am not against free trade at all but these are old treaties that, at the very least, are due for a big revision that will better protect the workers of this country.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2023, 06:17:43 AM »

Well things move fast so I've taken a few more actions this morning. First of all, I've decided to try to veto a dangerous bill from the previous Congress. I do not know if I actually can do that, but better safe than sorry.

Secondly, I've signed an executive order to nominate Cao to the position of GM. I've decided that a speedy confirmation for such an important job is in the best interest of this country.

Speaking of which, I've signed an executive order to empower the Secretary of state to renegotiate trade deals. I am not against free trade at all but these are old treaties that, at the very least, are due for a big revision that will better protect the workers of this country.

Do you think the jobs lost under NAFTA can come back or are they gone for good?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2023, 11:41:44 AM »

Recognized by who?

Im curious what law says the President can make a law determining the flag of a Region on behalf of the country. Im unaware of any.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023, 11:58:22 AM »

Recognized by who?

Im curious what law says the President can make a law determining the flag of a Region on behalf of the country. Im unaware of any.

Seems case worthy.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2023, 01:02:40 PM »

Recognized by who?

/shrug, idk. I remember this was something OBD did back during his presidency, so it's a bit worrying to see that sort of stuff coming back.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2023, 01:15:52 PM »

Recognized by who?

/shrug, idk. I remember this was something OBD did back during his presidency, so it's a bit worrying to see that sort of stuff coming back.

Not sure what you’re referring to, but this was also done under Griff.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2023, 02:25:23 PM »

Recognized by who?

Doesnt make it lawful or right.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2023, 02:43:09 PM »

Recognized by who?

Doesnt make it lawful or right.

What a great legacy for Labor. Inequality between the regions and authoritarian leadership from above, not from the people.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2023, 02:44:51 PM »

First of all, I've decided to try to veto a dangerous bill from the previous Congress.

What bill?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2023, 12:10:58 AM »

I get that things have always been done differently in the Governor's office, but these things have gotta be posted in the White House thread, not in the legislative threads themselves.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2023, 01:41:58 PM »

I get that things have always been done differently in the Governor's office, but these things have gotta be posted in the White House thread, not in the legislative threads themselves.

Actually, I think that pre-reset a lot of bills were signed/vetoed in the thread itself. This obviously became untenable during bicameralism, but it could probably work now. Still best for everyone if all of the actions are at least quoted into the WH thread though.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2023, 01:45:56 PM »

Actually, I think that pre-reset a lot of bills were signed/vetoed in the thread itself. This obviously became untenable during bicameralism, but it could probably work now. Still best for everyone if all of the actions are at least quoted into the WH thread though.
When I was Governor of the South, I signed and/or vetoed in the thread and then reposted it in my office thread.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2023, 03:16:53 PM »

As a Southerner allow me to thank the President for his bold action respecting our country's history and her symbols. Dave bless Atlasia and all her people!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2023, 03:22:35 PM »

As a Southerner allow me to thank the President for his bold action respecting our country's history and her symbols. Dave bless Atlasia and all her people!

How long has the BLM flag been prominent in Atlasia (formerly the U.S.)? 100 years or 200 years?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies