LEAST Favorite 5 Biden cabinet secretaries? (and cabinet-level officials)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:24:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  LEAST Favorite 5 Biden cabinet secretaries? (and cabinet-level officials)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: LEAST Favorite 5 Biden cabinet secretaries? (and cabinet-level officials) ... based on performance in THESE roles
Antony Blinken (State)

Janet Yellen (Treasury)

Lloyd Austin (Defense)

Merrick Garland (Justice)

Deb Haaland (Interior)

Tom Vilsack (Agriculture)

Gina Raimondo (Commerce)

Marty Walsh (Labor)

Xavier Becerra (Health & Human Services)

Marcia Fudge (Housing & Urban Development)

Pete Buttigieg (Transportation)

Jennifer Granholm (Energy)

Miguel Cardona (Education)

Denis McDonough (Veterans Affairs)

Alejandro Mayorkas (Homeland Security)

Ron Klain (Chief of Staff - I know he just left but new guy is too new)

Michael Regan (Environmental Protection Agency)

Shalanda Young (Management & Budget)

Avril Haines (National Intelligence)

Katherine Tai (Trade Representative)

Linda Thomas-Greenfield (United Nations Ambassador)

Cecilia Rouse (Council of Economic Advisors)

Isabel Guzman (Small Business Administration)

Arati Prabhakar (Office of Science & Technology Policy)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: LEAST Favorite 5 Biden cabinet secretaries? (and cabinet-level officials)  (Read 989 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2023, 06:39:51 PM »

Austin is the only one I feel negatively about.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2023, 07:17:43 PM »

Buttigieg has easily done the worst job imo. The train derailment happening under his watch is bad enough, but his response to it, or lack thereof, borders on outright maliciousness.

Again, can you elaborate? I don’t really get all this anti-Pete sentiment

About the derailment wasn’t most of the changes from the trump admin?

The actual derailment really can't be blamed on him, but it took him almost two weeks to even address it. We have no idea the scope of how bad this is going to be for the people living there, Pete should have been on the scene asap and at least putting forward some idea on how to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. It was an incredibly bad response and just highlights how unqualified he is for the position he's in.

The Immediate response however is being done by the CDC, HHS, EPA, Pete can't really do anything about the immediate response. The oil, gas, and the harmful chemicals.

Should he visit ? Yes sure. Should he call for a tough response to the railroads ? Yes ! But this is a multifaceted event.

Yeah, but let's look at what Petey's been doing in the meantime: Mostly making inane statements like this that don't address real issues or help anyone. The transportation infrastructure in this country is a disaster, but what have we heard from our so-called transportation secretary about this? His only policy proposals thus far address "racial equity in road-building" and propose even more freeway lanes. It's obvious that he's not taking the job seriously and he's just in the position because of the Faustian bargain he struck with Biden back in February of 2020.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2023, 08:04:27 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2023, 10:05:28 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Mob »

Please cite with specific, detailed examples.  

Note to Atlas: “Pete (insert dumb, vaguely homophobic name joke here) beat Bernie in Iowa Angry Angry Angry ” does not count as an example.

You know very well that my opposition to Buttigieg is purely ideological.

I've never been one to cope and seethe (although it's curious how the pro-Buttigieg crowd is fine with an EC-style system when it benefits their candidate). I don't care about some election that happened 4 years ago. I care about him being an incompetent corporate stooge with no respect for privacy.

* Packed in the BIF was a massive invasion of privacy. He has heavily promoted speed cameras as part of the plan. Not only is it a huge invasion of privacy, but they also have deeply flawed enforcement measures. They encourage predatory behavior like ticket quotas and artificially low speed limits, and incentivize petty enforcement over real crimes.

Of course, this is all substantiated by promising "equity in policing". It's a revolting exploitation of identity politics, but it's more revolting when you realize that he didn't give a sh*t about equity in policing until he started running for president.

* In addition, the "anti-drunk driving technology" Buttigieg championed in the BIB also seems to be cameras as well. I don't think I need to explain the privacy concerns with this. Tesla's already doing this - what's stopping them from actively recording us? What's stopping Elon Musk from scraping this data and developing a facial recognition program?

* Doing nothing to stop the spread of parasitic safety features, like LED headlights and the size of large SUVs and trucks. While these are designed to be theoretically safer for the passenger, their "safety" comes at the expense of the other driver. Again - this is as much of an issue of alignment as it is headlights getting brighter. But there needs to be more regulation done on these issues. You don't need a truck that's as large as a M1 Abrams.

* He hasn't done nearly enough to address the problem of airline delays. Yes, they are understaffed and in a crisis. No, that does not mean that fining a bunch of mid-tier international airlines and the 13th-biggest airline in the country is good enough. Furthermore, these fines weren't even for causing chronic delays - it was for the delayed refunds.

* And, of course, this. What has Buttigieg done on this issue besides tweet?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2023, 11:36:04 PM »

Garland, Vilsack, and Austin.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2023, 05:28:04 PM »

Austin is the only one I feel negatively about.
Why is that?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2023, 11:59:31 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2023, 12:06:26 AM by Blue3 »

Any new thoughts?

Only changes are:
-Labor Secretary is still vacant
-Zients has had more time as Chief of Staff to now be graded