Casey acts as DeSantis's defacto Chief of Staff according to a report
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:40:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Casey acts as DeSantis's defacto Chief of Staff according to a report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Casey acts as DeSantis's defacto Chief of Staff according to a report  (Read 1661 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 27, 2022, 03:22:36 AM »

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/576581-florida-politics-politician-of-the-year-casey-desantis/

While she plays — but doesn’t overplay — the role of a dutiful wife and supporter of her husband, no one doubts her influence behind the closed doors of power.

The Governor keeps his circle right — Casey and maybe his Chief of Staff. In a story headlined “Ronny & Nancy of Tallahassee,” Puck reported she interviews nearly everyone seeking a high-level job in the administration.

Looks like 2016(the poster) was correct here and Casey does seem like she would be an extremely politically involved First Lady as well .
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 10:21:47 AM »

This does not seem like a recipe for success and is one of many reasons I think DeSantis is doomed to become a Scott Walker redux.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 11:29:09 AM »

This does not seem like a recipe for success and is one of many reasons I think DeSantis is doomed to become a Scott Walker redux.

Nancy was pretty political behind the scenes and obviously as we know Hillary was extremely political so history doesn't say this would hurt a candidate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 01:40:58 PM »

Nancy was pretty political behind the scenes and obviously as we know Hillary was extremely political so history doesn't say this would hurt a candidate
If DeSantis were to become President and has control of both Houses of Congress MASSIVE EDUCATION BILL incoming. DeSantis & Jeb Bush are quite similar on that issue. Jeb made Education the hallmark of his two terms as Florida Governor.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 03:14:29 PM »

Women hold up far more than half the world, and if they want something but can’t get it, they will get their man to travel through the burning cinders to get it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 03:27:38 PM »

If DeSantis were to become President and has control of both Houses of Congress MASSIVE EDUCATION BILL incoming. DeSantis & Jeb Bush are quite similar on that issue. Jeb made Education the hallmark of his two terms as Florida Governor.

We desperately need education reform too especially given how low are Math standards are here . Your suggestion for Jeb as education secretary would be a great as well
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 03:35:25 PM »

Putting my sharp political differences with DeSantis aside, I actually find that interesting or good. As political leader, I'd also view my wife as an equal partner and not just some trophy that shows up at kindergarden events or dinner parties.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 03:56:25 PM »

It won't matter DeSantis isn't going to win anyways
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2022, 04:00:17 PM »

I immediately thought of Bob Casey and was confused.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2022, 04:00:21 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2022, 04:04:01 PM by Old School Republican »

Putting my sharp political differences with DeSantis aside, I actually find that interesting or good. As political leader, I'd also view my wife as an equal partner and not just some trophy that shows up at kindergarden events or dinner parties.

Modern First Ladies usually seem like they take a role in one non political area where they can help improve the nation .  Michelle for example was involved in trying to promote healthy eating  , Laura and Jill for example both took interest in helping improve the education system in a non political manner , and of course Nancy with the "Just Say No" initiative .

So I don't think it's like the latter anymore or has been for some time but it seems like most First Ladies aren't just interested in taking on a political role (Michelle for example stated she hated politics).

I would say this though if Casey like Hillary does get involved politically and in giving advice , it's good that it's public knowledge as the public should know who the president or a potential president  is advised by .

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2022, 04:00:47 PM »

Hate to criticize our Secular King, but even He cannot seriously believe this after DeSantis' 20 point win last month.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2022, 04:02:22 PM »

We desperately need education reform too especially given how low are Math standards are here . Your suggestion for Jeb as education secretary would be a great as well
Casey and Ron feel very passionate about Education from I could gather. Dubya's "No Child Left behind" unfortunately did not work as expected during his tenure as POTUS. Gotta have to try something different now.

Also, check this out:

DeSantis is truly unbelievably amazing. This is the Governor of the 3rd largest State in the Country and he offers up the Guest House at the Governors Mansion for someone who might feel unsafe. He truly cares!!!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2022, 04:07:13 PM »

Hate to criticize our Secular King, but even He cannot seriously believe this after DeSantis' 20 point win last month.
If he (DeSantis) wins the Nomination he has at least a decent chance to win, Trump has no chance.
Of Course the Biden Tards here on Atlas will never admit it but Bidens Age will become a factor if DeSantis is the Nominee. The cranky 82-year old Biden against the young, energetic 46-year old DeSantis. Could be a Obama vs McCain Redux.
That is going to be bad optics for Biden and will be a liability.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2022, 04:08:34 PM »

If he (DeSantis) wins the Nomination he has at least a decent chance to win, Trump has no chance.
Of Course the Biden Tards here on Atlas will never admit it but Bidens Age will become a factor if DeSantis is the Nominee. The cranky 82-year old Biden against the young, energetic 46-year old DeSantis. Could be a Obama vs McCain Redux.

I don't think anyone can seriously say that there wouldn't be an 'age issue' in a Biden-DeSantis matchup. I myself truly think that while Biden's done fine as president, he needs to step down in 2024 (hopefully his replacement will be good, and not someone like Kamala Harris).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2022, 04:09:43 PM »

Prez Biden and Ds dont need FL anyways, its a 303 map
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2022, 05:46:04 PM »

That much is a fact. We ought to just write FL off, and the good thing is, as 2020 showed, we can easily afford to do so. OTOH, a GOP path to 270 without FL is difficult to see (and again - they don't need to see that, either, since it's highly unlikely FL goes blue again anytime soon, barring a landslide where they're losing nationally by a ton anyway).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2022, 05:55:04 PM »

That much is a fact. We ought to just write FL off, and the good thing is, as 2020 showed, we can easily afford to do so. OTOH, a GOP path to 270 without FL is difficult to see (and again - they don't need to see that, either, since it's highly unlikely FL goes blue again anytime soon, barring a landslide where they're losing nationally by a ton anyway).

Btw a GOP path without Florida has not existed  since 1976 and in fact I believe 1976 is the only time since 1960 that Florida has voted to the left of the tipping point
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2022, 07:07:05 PM »

Btw a GOP path without Florida has not existed  since 1976 and in fact I believe 1976 is the only time since 1960 that Florida has voted to the left of the tipping point
I'll be shocked if Democrats contest FL in 2024. They would need to have a Blue Tsunami to win the State. Republicans lead Voter Registrations by 356,000 Voters in FL. If you extrapolate out of that they could have between 500,000 and 600,000 when 2024 comes around.

One thing is for sure given that Senator Rick Scott is very wealthy and can more or less self finance his own Re-Election the Democratic Candidate won't have more money.
Rubio won this year despite Emilys List and Moveon.org dumping some 50-60M $ into this Race. He had a massive CoH Disadvantage.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2022, 02:39:25 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2022, 02:47:22 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

McLaughlin has Ds ahead in GCB 48/44 the same GCB lead we had in 22 we solidified tye 3o3 wall we got the state legislature in MI and PA and Evers is GOv and AZ  has a D Gov that's 270 you said RS were gonna win 24oH seats and CCM was gone

Forget VA Tim Kaine is in the ballot not Youngkin he is gonna easily win
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2022, 02:43:55 AM »

RS don't believe in  blue waves that happens at the end of an Eday cycle not 2 yrs prior to an Eday

How did Obama win 376 it was Sandy he had 270 at the end and how did we win 33 H seats in 2018 at the end
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2022, 05:35:05 AM »

I immediately thought of Bob Casey and was confused.
Thought of his father
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2022, 12:13:15 PM »

Casey DeSantis (b. 1980)
--First Lady of Florida (2019-2025)
--First Lady of the United States (2025-2033)
--U.S. Senator from Texas (2033-2041)
--U.S. Secretary of State (2041-2045)
--Republican nominee for president, 2048 (defeated)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2022, 12:21:39 PM »

Casey DeSantis (b. 1980)
Nah, I don't think she would carpetbag to Texas to run for Senate. However if her husband gets elected POTUS I can definitly see her going down the Clinton Route running for Senate as a First Lady like Hillary did in 2000.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2022, 12:51:42 PM »

Casey DeSantis (b. 1980)

Who does she lose against?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2022, 12:54:15 PM »

Casey DeSantis (b. 1980)

Who does she lose against?

The Zuck
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies