Do you hate Grumps' signature?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:06:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you hate Grumps' signature?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Two scantily clad women with Santa Claus hats
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Do you hate Grumps' signature?  (Read 2088 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2022, 04:21:55 PM »

A little equal representation never hurt anyone~
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2022, 05:40:00 PM »

I'm definitely not drooling. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2022, 12:56:25 AM »

Nah. They're both hotties and it's a holiday tradition for atlas.

My only disappointment in the signature is he's been doing it long enough that those young hotties in the photos are today probably mom's in their early 40s
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2022, 01:49:27 AM »

Like posted earlier Atlas After Dark (AAD) was always a place where there could be photos of both scantily clad Men and Women to appeal to all tastes regardless of self-identified sexual orientation.

Not like Atlas hasn't had threads of "Hot Guys" over the years with photos, many of which appeal to more of the traditional self-identified "Gay or Bi-Male Community".

Don't want to get in Atlas "culture wars", and certainly don't want Atlas to become a Musk style "Libertarian Free Speech Movement" type joint to the point that where content becomes junk, moderation becomes nothing, and both privatized and monetized with giant banner ads which divert us elsewhere to enhance the profit centers.

But yes haven't been on AAD for quite some time, and believe that in the "Post-Leip" era of Atlas, it is entirely possible to have "hottest" style threads...

Personally as someone 18+ decades wouldn't mind it, but at the same time my concern would be more about the core of "Atlas Forum", which is fundamentally around election results, political history, etc, is if we get too distracted with other items, plus Atlas went through that whole extensive debate sometime around `18 where I thought posters under the age of (18) were not allowed to post bcs of one or two individual posters who posted tons of stupid crap.

My vote is let it roll, make it equal, and if people want to post sigs with "suggestive images" likely not allowed in most work environments in the US, but certainly do not appear to be prohibited under the current Atlas user T&Cs, why block it.

Certainly understand that certain users might test that to the limit and can and should most likely go through a perma-ban process...

Still, it is difficult to see *where* exactly to define the limits, without much more explicit definition and clarity based upon the ToS agreements (Which likely most of have not yet reviewed in quite some time)Huh

Still, if Grumps sig is "banworthy" then where do we draw the line???

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2022, 05:42:58 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2022, 05:51:46 AM by Torrain »

Shameful how many hate an Atlas tradition.

Putting Grumps on ignore for the month is my Atlas Christmas tradition.  Wink

Just for browsing peace of mind - in case I end up browsing at work or in a public space.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2022, 06:24:02 AM »

Grumps is awesome!

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2022, 08:45:28 AM »

No. (Straight male)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2022, 08:55:46 AM »

My only disappointment in the signature is he's been doing it long enough that those young hotties in the photos are today probably mom's in their early 40s

MILFs?  Yeah, probably.  No matter, I have been instructed to get a better picture for next year by Her Royal Highness.
Crackerjack McJohnson
CrackerjackMcJohnson
Rookie
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2022, 09:30:06 AM »

There's stuff on the internet a lot racier than than that signature.  Are you living under a rock?   
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2022, 11:15:57 AM »

I don't think the term "hate" would be my response to Grumps' siggy. Afterall, it is his own unique way of celebrating the holidays. Rather, it's just inconvenient to have up when scrolling through Atlas in public.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2022, 12:48:08 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2022, 12:55:00 PM by Grumpy Grinch »

I don't think the term "hate" would be my response to Grumps' siggy. Afterall, it is his own unique way of celebrating the holidays. Rather, it's just inconvenient to have up when scrolling through Atlas in public.

Okay, I removed the pic.  Lots of you have seen it anyway, which is the point.   I'll put up one next year assuming I get the energy to find one that doesn't ruin your public viewing experience.  Thanks to LeonelBrizola for the publicity as I'm sure more people viewed it because of this thread.  Merry Christmas, everyone!  Smiley
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2022, 11:48:12 PM »

Believe members can also change their profile settings so that they are not forced to view others sigs in either public or private?

Who wants to watch Humphrey Bogart every day, let alone a bunch of actors in Ukrainian uniforms tossing fake Molotov Cocktails?

Not to mention all sort of other crap that posters insert into their forums?

Would photos of victims of Pol Pot in Cambodia be considered inconvenient when scrolling though Atlas in Public?

Dig what you are saying, but surely if you are worried about Atlas Sigs scrolling in public, maybe just change your settings?  *** Shrugs shoulders *** Huh
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2022, 12:32:40 AM »

I'm about to snap. I'm about to murder everyone. I'm about to snap and murder everyone unless I find some pussy... *[Sir, you are brilliant... I don't blame you... you just need to focus on the mission, sir... Russia is--]* Is it ethical for you to, y'know... hook me up? You gotta understand, Jack, the old man's gotta have an oil change every now and again.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2022, 01:40:07 AM »

I'm about to snap. I'm about to murder everyone. I'm about to snap and murder everyone unless I find some pussy... *[Sir, you are brilliant... I don't blame you... you just need to focus on the mission, sir... Russia is--]* Is it ethical for you to, y'know... hook me up? You gotta understand, Jack, the old man's gotta have an oil change every now and again.

You okay man?

Sounds a bit unhinged, despite the extreme % chance that you are just posting in attempted ironic style.

Just wanna say if you are thinking about doing something insane to you and yours, here is a national hotline where you can get immediate help:

Phone: dial 988 from any device
https://988lifeline.org/

If you are thinking about killing others, please understand that you really really don't want to do that.

It's okay, we have plenty of other Incels on the Forum, who might be able to mediate, before you do something you might regret.

Totally grok you are running some hip-hop homemade beats in the basement and going freestyle mode, but MAN your beats are starting to become more FREAK STREET and not MEAT STREET.

Toss it down, and let's freestyle for round 2 Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2022, 03:26:16 AM »

MILFs?  Yeah, probably.  No matter, I have been instructed to get a better picture for next year by Her Royal Highness.

Define "better". Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2022, 03:27:34 AM »

Okay, I removed the pic.  Lots of you have seen it anyway, which is the point.   I'll put up one next year assuming I get the energy to find one that doesn't ruin your public viewing experience.  Thanks to LeonelBrizola for the publicity as I'm sure more people viewed it because of this thread.  Merry Christmas, everyone!  Smiley

Boohoo!

Do like me people and just turn off signatures.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »

You okay man?

Sounds a bit unhinged, despite the extreme % chance that you are just posting in attempted ironic style.

Just wanna say if you are thinking about doing something insane to you and yours, here is a national hotline where you can get immediate help:

Phone: dial 988 from any device
https://988lifeline.org/

If you are thinking about killing others, please understand that you really really don't want to do that.

It's okay, we have plenty of other Incels on the Forum, who might be able to mediate, before you do something you might regret.

Totally grok you are running some hip-hop homemade beats in the basement and going freestyle mode, but MAN your beats are starting to become more FREAK STREET and not MEAT STREET.

Toss it down, and let's freestyle for round 2 Wink

Joe Biden wrote that post. He hacked into my account and posted this to make me look bad!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2022, 06:21:29 PM »

In solidarity with Grumps, here got an image, not yet added to my sig of a "Male Santa", which I believe is a free common use on the Google Image usage rights selection.

Tons of Atlas posters don't mind a bit of eye candy during the Holiday season, who happen to prefer "Hot Guys" to "Hot Gals".

In interest of equal equality during the holiday season, regardless of gender orientation seems a bit appropriate to get a bit of an alternate to Grumps Sig. Wink

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2022, 09:48:34 PM »

Oh goody! The World Cup is coming to an end tomorrow and I need more beefcake!
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2022, 07:05:09 PM »

It's traditional. If it creates problems for you, you can disable signatures in the user settings; it'll change after the holidays.

Correct.  When I come back to work on the 26th it will be gone and my username will change.

I can’t see it lol
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2022, 02:02:30 AM »

I scroll past it. I voted No. It is what it is and Grumps can do it if he wants.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2022, 09:42:16 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2022, 09:45:33 AM by Virginiá »

While I certainly believe it is only fair that the Christmas women be balanced out with sexy Santa men, images with watermarks cannot be posted here for copyright-related concerns (except without explicit and verifiable proof of a license to use the image), as per policy going back years to the Leip Lawsuit Era.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2022, 09:53:06 AM »

While I certainly believe it is only fair that the Christmas women be balanced out with sexy Santa men, images with watermarks cannot be posted here for copyright-related concerns (except without explicit and verifiable proof of a license to use the image), as per policy going back years to the Leip Lawsuit Era.

I shall be careful, but don't expect any balance from me.  Smiley
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2022, 10:53:45 AM »

I shall be careful, but don't expect any balance from me.  Smiley

FTR it was directed at NOVA's post with the watermarked men. I thought I quoted him but I must have accidentally cleared it
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2022, 03:43:07 PM »

Granted Atlas Underground tends to be more of a place for a safe space for risqué photos of "Hot" guys and gals, but still, last time I checked Atlas had a policy that one needed to be 18+ to register for Forum membership.

Did that change?

It must have, because when I registered last summer, the minimum age was 13 (if it was 18 I’d be an Illegal Alien and Undocumented Poster, as would a number of other posters). And, given that the minimum age was apparently 13 when Ishan joined, it’s been like this for quite some time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies