What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:11:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 17960 times)
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2023, 10:19:17 PM »
« edited: January 17, 2023, 10:22:56 PM by McGovernite »

Moving Forward: Gillibrand Aims for NH
Accessed via Imgur

In the aftermath of the South Carolina primary, the Gillibrand campaign was split in their reaction to the results. Many were expecting it, and were even glad to have gotten over 1,000 votes in a state the Senator paid literally no attention to. On the other hand, others in the campaign thought that if the Senator had invested more into the state she could've had a better performance and even competed with Mayor Adams or Senator Merkley for a higher place finish. Despite their differences in opinion, the entire team was committed to the idea that "all roads run through New Hampshire." Gillibrand had been essentially living in the state for months, barnstorming every square inch in every single county multiple times.

In order to further the New Hampshire commitment, the Gillibrand campaign ramped up their New Hampshire efforts even more than they had previously. The campaign hired more staff, launched emergency GOTV events, and knocked thousands of doors every single day across the state. As for the Senator herself, she held 2-5 speaking events per day focusing on a range of issues and policy plans, but always hitting hard on her bipartisan accomplishments, 100% win record, and her Healthcare plan (especially in relation to opioids and drug addiction). The Senator had become a popular and well-known figure in the Granite State because of her frequent appearances, and it wasn't unlikely for her to be stopped multiple times while walking to take pictures, chat with, or shake hands with constituents. To help her appeal, Senator Gillibrand brought out the big guns with Former Governor John Lynch. The extremely popular former Governor of New Hampshire was with Gillibrand every step of the way from December through February. He joined her in barnstorms, campaign events, speaking events, and most nights for dinner. The Senator was also thankful to have the former Governor's financial backing, as he still had many big contacts in New England willing to donate to Senator Gillibrand as long as Governor Lynch was on her side.

Additionally, in the city of Manchester, Senator Gillibrand deployed Mayor Joyce Craig. Mayor Craig, the first woman elected to the position in her city, was a huge campaigner and backer for Senator Gillibrand up unto her public endorsement. The Mayor is extremely popular and trusted in the city, one of the qualities that Senator Gillibrand is trying to exemplify throughout her campaign. As they appeared together frequently (along with Governor Lynch), they branded themselves as trailblazers each in their own respect. Meeting with families, children, and elders at events, they had massive photo-ops wwhich would be used in campaign ads on TV and social media. And, although he's from Texas, Senator Gillibrand appeared with Rep. Beto O'Rourke in multiple social media ads in order to give herself some of his "star." As the campaign looked upwards, the Senator was happy to be joined by both the Mayor and Governor (and Rep. O'Rourke, and Gov. Healey virtually).

The Gillibrand campaign understood that her lackluster performance in South Carolina and in the nation polls put her at a general disadvantage. However, they were confident that if they could at least get in the top 4 or 5 candidates, it would be considered a victory. Posters and signs were held up by supporters at numerous events reading "Bet on Gillibrand" and "Dark Horse: Kirsten Gillibrand." The momentum on the ground was there, it was just a matter of whether or not the Senator could get people to actually commit at the polls. To help in these efforts, the campaign spent thousands to help bus voters to the polls on election day, especially in the cities of Manchester, Keene, Portsmouth, Nashua, Concord, and Lebanon (home of Dartmouth - where she expected to receive upwards of 60% of the vote). Another important part that the campaign recognized is that much of Gillibrand's base is in metropolitan areas and suburbs, largely from white, middle class to upper class, women. To help maximize turnout in this community, the Senator invested heavily in TV and social media ads, as well as yard sign/billboard campaigning. Dubbed "Facebook moms", Senator Gillibrand's big base of supporters would be drawn in by her ads, social media blitz, and fundraising emails (which she sent our frequently in the aftermath of the South Carolina primary).

The campaign was confident and pumped as they aimed for a real fight in New Hampshire. If she can pull it off, it'll be dubbed the "Gillibrand Miracle." We'll just have to wait and see.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2023, 01:07:30 AM »

Washington Post Op-Ed Praises Senator Gillibrand's Landmark Legislation Ending Forced Sexual Arbitration for Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault

Accessed via Imgur

By: Jennifer Rubin

As an employment lawyer for more than 20 years, I can say with certainty that mandatory arbitration clauses are an employer’s best friend. By requiring employees to use arbitration rather than take cases through the court system, employers avoid public disclosure of embarrassing facts, the wrath of juries and much higher settlements.

When the Supreme Court held in 2018 that “companies may require workers to settle employment disputes through individual arbitration rather than joining to press their complaints, a decision affecting as many as 25 million workers,” employers breathed a sigh of relief. That respite ended last week when the Senate — by a voice vote no less — passed legislation championed by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) prohibiting mandatory arbitration in sexual harassment and assault cases. The bill now goes to the president’s desk.

Gillibrand first introduced the bill in 2017. Since then, the #MeToo movement swept through Congress and American workplaces, changing hearts and minds on the right of victims to seek legal recourse. Last year, Gillibrand reintroduced the bill alongside Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C..).

At a news conference on Thursday, Gillibrand stood alongside former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson, who raised sexual harassment allegations against her former employer and boss Roger Ailes and became a forceful advocate against mandatory arbitration. Carlson had been instrumental in lobbying lawmakers and ensuring passage of the bill. (Disclosure: I am an MSNBC contributor.)

Gillibrand declared: “The Ending Forced Arbitration of Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Act will void existing forced arbitration agreements for sexual harassment and sexual assault and end their use. It will give survivors their day in court, allow them to discuss their cases publicly and end the days of institutional protection for harassers.”

She is right about the significance of the bill. Although some states have moved to curb mandatory arbitration, most have not. A number of progressive groups advocating for the ban last year wrote a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.). “According to the Economic Policy Institute, over 60 million workers, more than half of non-union, private-sector employees, have surrendered their right to go to court if harmed by their employer,” the letter stated. “It allows corporate employers to quash serious claims of systemic misconduct.”

Carlson also celebrated the hard-fought win. “This is a historic day,” she said in acknowledging the massive bipartisan support for a measure that was a nonstarter just a few years ago. She expressed hope that employers will get on the “right side of history,” redoubling efforts to eradicate sexual harassment, and that abusive bosses and co-workers will clean up their act.

Perhaps. What is clear is that there has been a sea change in public attitudes toward sexual harassment and assault — no thanks to the defeated former president, who has been accused of sexual misconduct by more than two dozen women and who has painted accused abusers as victims. (Donald Trump has repeatedly denied the allegations.) The subject is now one of the few topics that can command overwhelming congressional agreement.

In a dismal time for American rights (e.g., on voting, reproductive choices, etc.), this was a rare bit of good news in the fight for a more just society. To Gillibrand, who led the fight on this and other issues concerning sexual assault and harassment for years, as well as her co-sponsors and the many victims of harassment — including Carlson — who came forward to share their stories, we can say, well done.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2023, 10:43:55 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2023, 09:17:30 PM by McGovernite »

The NH Miracle: Moving Forward
Accessed via Imgur

"Ma'am we beat the Vice President in New Hampshire." These were the words of Senator Gillibrand's campaign manager as she was about to take the stage in Manchester. A smile appeared on her face, her shoulders straightened, and she walked with confidence onto the stage as over a thousand awaited her appearance. Joined on stage with Former Governor John Lynch, Governor Maura Healey, Mayor Joyce Craig, and her husband and kids. The crowd erupted. The ballroom at the Manchester Convention Center was filled with chants of "Gillibrand!", "Brave Wins!", "Gilly!" and other chants of encouragement. Joining hands, the Senator along with her endorsers raised their hands in victory. She walked to the microphone and began her speech:

New Hampshire, you have made the Gillibrand Miracle a reality. You have shown the nation that Brave, does indeed, Win. We have criss-crossed this state over the past months, knocking what feels like every single door in the state. We've spent countless hours talking with people from all walks of life. We've cried, we've laughed, we've smiled, and most important: we have shown that victory is achievable for any little girl or boy who has a dream. Although we may not have came first in this race, we have cemented our campaign as one which must be taken seriously. We have defeated the sitting Vice President of the United States in New Hampshire. Did you hear me? The one who the polls counted out. The one who the media counted out. We have beat the sitting Vice President of the United States in the state of New Hampshire. This is a revolution, folks. We have made our message clear here in New Hampshire, and it's time for the rest of the country to start listening. We have shown that policies like Medicare For All have backing and must be put in place. We have shown that a women's right to choose is a core part of healthcare in this country. We have shown that despite everything that's been thrown against us, we never back down. I congratulate Senator Merkley and all of my other competitors, but I must tell them, we are coming. Our movement, comprised of Americans from all different backgrounds, genders, sexualities, and ethnicities aren't backing down. We know what's at stake, and we are willing to fight for it. We are going to keep this race going. We have the momentum. I've never lost a race, and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon. New Hampshire, I want to thank you again. You've added fuel to this fire, and because of you we have a mandate to continue. We are going to make you proud, I am going to make you proud. Thank you so much, and let's win this thing!

The crowd once again erupted. Rally signs were waving, the song "Woman" by Kesha ranged out throughout the hall. As the Senator walked off stage, she picked up a phone call from HQ back in New York City. "Ma'am, we've got the office on the line. Anything you'd like to say to everyone?" She smiled and responded "Let's ing do this." She knew that the next few days would be tough, but she was more inspired and willing to fight than ever before. Senator Gillibrand, soon to be President Gillibrand, would make history.

The next day, she left New Hampshire for the last time. She said her goodbyes to her Granite State campaign staff, visiting all of her campaign offices in and around the Manchester area. She boarded a plane out of Concord Airport and headed to Detroit.

Once she arrived in Michigan, she left Detroit for Ann Arbor. Over the next few days, Gillibrand would hit the cities of Ann Arbor, Dearborn, Flint, Lansing, and Kalamazoo. Realizing the force that Governor Whitmer has in Michigan, she opted for cities outside of Detroit in order to make appeal to voters who aren't as frequently visited or who aren't as establishment and committed to Governor Whitmer. Hitting the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan at Flint, Senator Gillibrand spoke to crowds of hundreds of eager students willing to listen to her pitch. Although Governor Whitmer is popular in Michigan, Senator Gillibrand hoped to pick off a few voters based off of her much more progressive policies in comparison to people like Governor Whitmer, Former Vice President Gore, and Senator Harris. However, she also recognized that herself and Senator Merkley would be competing for the same type of voter: young, progressive, and fed up. The best possible thing she could try to do was pitch herself as more deserving of their vote because of her vast progressive legislative record, her support for a women's right to choose as a woman, someone who's never lost an election, and a fighter. Michigan was a state that Senator Sanders won in 2016, but Gillibrand was optimistic that she could take some votes away from Senator Merkley, Governor Whitmer, and even Vice President Harris if she played her cards right.

In addition to hitting university campuses, she visited factories and plants across Western Michigan. Meeting with AFL-CIO, CWA, SEIU, and other labor union workers, she pitched herself as a progressive, pro-union, pro-worker candidate who would do more for labor than others. Although she realized that other candidates had been endorsed by labor unions, she pointed to her stances on trade and manufacturing in order to reassure workers that under her presidency America would be back in full force with thousands of more jobs across Michigan and the United States.

After spending her time in Michigan, the Senator was optimistic that a good result was to come. She recognized that her chance of actually winning Michigan was slim to none, but if she could do well enough in the state it could show that she was formiddable. After the New Hampshire miracle, she hit social media networks hard with ads saying "Only Kirsten Gillibrand can beat Josh Hawley" and news headlines from papers which said "Kirsten Gillibrand: The Only One Who Can Beat the GOP and Move Us Forward." Using internal polling in her ads, she showed herself ahead of people like Governor DeSantis, Senator Hawley, and Roger Stone when compared to candidates like Vice President Harris or Governor Whitmer who were slightly behind the others. This message, she hoped, would work in convincing people not only to vote for her, but to donate to her campaign. She was hopeful, she was optimistic, and she was ready to see what could come.

(Important to note that Senator Gillibrand did still run some social media ads in Georgia, but skipped appearing in the state as her endorsements and infrastructure couldn't compare to others).
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2023, 09:20:35 PM »

The Gillibrand campaign will be re-running this ad in the states of Michigan, Massachusetts, Maine, and Virginia.

Gillibrand Ad: Impossible
Aired In: NH, NV, SC, MN, IA, UT, OR, ID, TX, VT, MA, ME, RI
All images accessed via Imgur

"They want to take away health care from millions of Americans."
"They want to make abortion illegal."
We can't just tune it out, we've got to shut it down.
I won't apologize for only nominating judges who support a women's right to choose.
I don't care if corrupt politicians are scared at my plan to get big money out of politics.
And I'm proud that I supported Medicare for All before it was popular.
I've stood up to the Republicans when they've tried to gut social programs, and I'll do it again.
Nothing is impossible, if we fight for it.
I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, I'm running for President, and I approve this message.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2023, 09:30:22 PM »

She's Got What It Takes: Beto O'Rourke Backs Gillibrand

Accessed via Imgur

The day after the New Hampshire primary, the Gillibrand was extremely happy. They had beat Vice President Kamala Harris, outran Gore, Whitmer, and Adams in key suburban and urban areas, and shown that their campaign was formidable. However, something even greater peaked their excitedness: a new endorsement. Back in 2020, Senator Gillibrand and Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke were both competitors, but their relationship has since changed. Standing in front of a crowd of about 300 people in Downtown El Paso, Rep. Beto O'Rourke held a public speaking event where he endorsed Senator Kirsten Gillibrand for President of the United States. Here's an excerpt from his speech:

I have known Senator Gillibrand for many years. In fact, when I first got to Washington D.C. and was a freshman in the House, Senator Gillibrand came to visit me. I was kind of starstruck. I mean, I'm a House freshman and a Senator was knocking at my door. It was from that day forward that I knew that Senator Gillibrand was someone I could trust and would do everything she could to make the United States the best country in the world. I've been examining this 2024 primary race extremely closely, as I'm sure you all have as well. We've got a big slate of candidates, and many of them are amazing. However, I believe that only one candidate has the ability to truly win this election: Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. Senator Gillibrand has never compromised her values. She has always put the American people first. She is a firm believer in a women's right to choose, and yes, she is a unapologetic progressive who will get things done. I respect people like Senator Merkley for his progressive outspokeness, but I know that Senator Gillibrand has done, and will continue to do everything she can to truly enact progressive values and legislation. If you tell her something is impossible, then she'll prove you wrong. She's got the guts, she's got the strength, and she's got my vote and full support.

This endorsement is extremely valuable to the Gillibrand campaign in Texas as she hopes to score a few victories during the upcoming Super Tuesday primaries. Beto offers many great things, but among them is his star power, charisma, and fundraising abilities. With Beto on her side, Senator Gillibrand will be able to reinvigorate her image and appeal to a wider base of support, especially latinos who have been somewhat weary to back her campaign. Additionally, receiving Beto's fundraising contacts and supports will help to better fund her campaign including ads, staff, and offices.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2023, 01:22:14 PM »

Gillibrand Remarks at St. James Episcopal Chapel

Accessed via Imgur

During her time spent in Michigan in the leadup to their primary, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand spoke at St. James Episcopal Chapel to speak about the importance of closeness, community, and action to a congregation of about 150 people. Speaking at the church to a congregation consistent of mostly African Americans with a sizable white minority, the Senator said the following in an excerpt:

When we read at the Bible, as I have and I'm positive many of you have, we have to look at the importance of community and belonging which Jesus preaches. The necessity to be humble, to help those who need it, and to always give rather than take are ideals that we, as a country and as a people, should adhere to. Many of us tithe, including myself, but we also need to go beyond that. As a nation, we must give back to the people who work so hard to keep us running. I know many of you in this room probably have a job that's in or related to the steel, automobile, or any other type of manufacturing industry. I first, want to applaud you for your hard work. You are the backbone of our nation and you keep the wheels on our economy turning. I applaud you, and I'm here to fight for you. However, I'm sure many of you have your doubts either about me, my competitors, or the Government. I understand you. Listen, I'm from a small town in upstate New York where the number of farm animals outnumbers those of Democrats. People distrust the Government, and a lot of times it's for good reason. I mean, our nation has done little to address the institutionalized racism in our justice system, the homeless epidemic, support for our veterans, and even childcare and healthcare. We're lagging behind other countries, and it's rubbing off on the way even our own people see us. As a Senator, I've done everything I can to pass progressive, common sense legislation which would work to benefit millions of Americans through different means. I've got a track record of working with everyone, despite their party, and I've been committed to the fight for a long time. I understand you, I empathize with you, and I promise to you that I will do everything I can to restore that trust that you've lost in the Government. However, I ask you to trust me. I ask you to trust me because we not only have to deliver on the word of God, but we also must deliver action. Jesus allowed the blind to see, the crippled to walk, and the hurt to heal. Now, I can't do any of that on my own, but I sure can work to make this country lead all others in quality, affordable healthcare. We've got a big fight ahead of us. I'm just hoping that you can put your faith in me.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2023, 03:10:25 PM »

Gillibrand Surrogate Schedule

Accessed via Imgur

New York
Governor Kathy Hochul, Representative Paul Tonko, and Representative Yvette Clarke actively campaigned for Senator Gillibrand in the Empire State during her absence while campaigning in Michigan. Governor Hochul, who's somewhat unpopular statewide but has a strong base of support with upstate wealthy women, attended house parties and hosted fundraisers for Senator Gillibrand. Representative Tonko actively courted members of the New York Legislature and other elites in and around the Albany area to support, especially financially, Senator Gillibrand's campaign. Representative Clarke, being based in New York City, attended office openings for Senator Gillibrand's campaign, marched in parades, and worked with volunteers going door to door for Senator Gillibrand. The campaign is counting on winning the state of New York when it's primary is held, so the strong showing of support at home is, and has been pivotal to Gillibrand's home state success.

Virginia
Representative Jennifer Wexton, a daughter of northern Virginia, was the main surrogate for the Gillibrand campaign in the state. Criss crossing the state from Virginia Beach to Richmond to Fairfax, Representative Wexton spread Senator Gillibrand's name throughout democratic electorates which transcended race, class, ethnicity, and gender. Wexton's position as a suburban mom allowed her to make appeals to the demographic on behalf of Senator Gillibrand as it is perhaps her main base of support and her key to victory in states like Virginia and Maryland.

Massachusetts
Governor Maura Healey devoted much of her time to pushing forward the name of Kirsten Gillibrand in Massachusetts. Holding surrogate speaking events in Downtown Boston, speaking at universities like Harvard, Emerson, BU, and Boston College, the Governor advanced a progressive agenda full of name-dropping for Senator Gillibrand. The Governor is extremely popular in democratic circles and will be pivotal to the Senator's success in Massachusetts come Super Tuesday.

Texas
After endorsing Senator Gillibrand in a crowd of hundreds, Beto O'Rourke took the fight of "Brave Wins" across the Lone Star Star. During his campaigns for Governor and Senate, he visited every single county in Texas, quite a feat. He committed to visiting numerous counties and cities of interest which could prove to have a large base of support for Senator Gillibrand, including urban and suburban areas. Hitting hard in the Austin metro area, Beto O'Rourke was joined by people like Rep. Lloyd Doggett (who hasn't officially endorsed Gillibrand) and Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (who also hasn't endorsed Gillibrand). Although the other two hadn't endorsed Gillibrand, Former Rep. O'Rourke spoke openly in support of the Senator's campaign, rallied support, and even pointed out that during his speech about the Senator Rep. Doggett and Jackson-Lee were nodding their heads - earning a laugh and a wink from the two. Senator Gillibrand responded on Twitter to the acknowledgement by saying:

"Y'all are always welcome at Team Gillibrand HQ @RepLloydDoggett & @JacksonLeeTX18"

The Texas campaign was in full swing and money was pouring in.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2023, 10:32:00 PM »

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2023, 09:19:58 AM »

The Gillibrand campaign will re-air this ad on social media and TV in the states of MI, MA, ME, CO, and VA

Gillibrand Ad: Fighting for You
Aired in IA, NH, MA, NY

I want to get money out of politics. There's a lot of political corruption and we know that anything we want to accomplish there's always something or someone standing in the way. The corrupt special interests, the greed, the lies.

As soon as you get money out of politics, it changes everything.

I will codify Roe, repeal the Hyde Amendment.

Only appointed judges and justices that believe Roe v. Wade is settled precedent.

I will not only re-engage on the global climate accords, but I will lead the nationwide and global conversation.

When John F. Kennedy said, I want to put a man on the moon, he did not know he could get a man on the moon, in ten years. But he knew it would be a measure of our innovation, our competitiveness.

I will start a green energy race with China. You make it a measure of our success.

I would have a community-based asylum process. We have real immigration judges so that we can have a comprehensive and thoughtful system.

The Family Bill of Rights: The right to a healthy and safe pregnancy. National paid leave, a safe and affordable nursery, give birth or adopt a child. Affordable day care and universal pre-k.

I will make sure if you would like a third gender on any federal license that you may put an X. Guarantee your right to adopt a child. Guarantee your right to IVF treatments. Guarantee your transgender treatments.

Guarantee Medicare for All. Guarantee a single-payer system. I know how to get it done.

Nothing was done after Sandy Hook, after Charleston, after Las Vegas. I will make sure we have universal background checks, ban the large magazines, the assault rifles, the military-style weapons.

I would legalize marijuana, de-criminalize marijuana, and I would de-schedule marijuana.

If you really want to get something done, just tell me it's impossible and I'll get it done.

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2023, 11:41:58 AM »

Badger Bound: Moving Onwards

Accessed via Imgur

After the Georgia primary, the following campaign memo was sent out to campaign staffers on the Gillibrand Team:
Hey folks, George here. We've gotten final results in from the Georgia primary, the Senator placed last with 1%. I know many of you are concerned after reading that, but please don't be. The Senator invested nothing in Georgia and pulled everyone out of the state. This seems to be the policy for states like Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, and Mississippi. Let Gore and Harris fight it out, they're making themselves look like idiots on the national stage - great for us. Kirsten will stay above the fret publicly, but we'll be running ads indirectly attacking other competitors while lifting her up on social media, radio, and TV. We've got some new endorsements and our fundraising numbers are up. We are doing fine, just keep doing what you're doing. Voter outreach is probably our biggest priority at this point. A lot of people know Gore and Harris, but very few with the exception of mostly suburban or urban women don't know much about Kirsten. We're hitting the media markets HARD with ads boosting her profile and background, tell everyone you know that she's never lost a race, has a progressive track record, and has worked to pass meaningful legislation under Republicans and Democrats. Although progressives don't like Republicans, it still plays will to show that she can get things done in a bipartisan manner. We're on our way to Michigan right now. Will be spending the next few days here, hitting suburbs and other metros hard, staying out of Detroit because of high black population and Whitmer's popularity - not much to gain there (we'll still be running ads there, though). We're flying out about 50 more staffers to Michigan to be dispersed across the state. Door knocking, calling voters, and writing letters are big points of our strategy. GOTV strategy is big here. Kirsten will be holding rallies, meet and greets, and touring facilities across the state. Y'all will hear from me soon.

Remember, Brave Wins.

Thanks,

George

The campaign team was indifferent on the Georgia result. Of course, they wanted the Senator to do better, but the bad performance was expected as the Senator had no effort put into the Peach State. Moving forward to Michigan, the Senator was confident that she could do well in the state. The background of Michiganders largely fit into Senator Gillibrand's story and appeal. Hitting the cities and suburbs hard, Senator Gillibrand largely targeted the female demographic, but also made inroads with men. She brought out some of her male surrogates like Rep. Beto O'Rourke to help rally all kinds of people, using his star power to make an appeal. Additionally, she also brought out Gov. Maura Healey to help fire up the youth, women, and the LGBTQ+ community in Michigan.

In addition to the Michigan efforts, the Senator had surrogates hit Massachusetts, Maine, Virginia, Texas, Colorado, and California hard. She's hopeful and fighting hard to win the first 3 listed above, and looking for good finishes in the others. Realizing that she likely won't do the best in southern states like Alabama, she's pulled out all efforts in AL and MS, re-diverting the southern efforts to VA and NC. She will visit other Super Tuesday states in the following days, and attended some events virtually while in Michigan. The Senator ran ads, blitzing the Badger State with her name, logo, and policies. She was confident.

It's also important to note that the Senator did not speak about the Georgia result, largely staying absent from the social media war, focusing her efforts on a hopeful message for the future primaries.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2023, 02:50:53 PM »

Gillibrand Speaks in Boston, Hints About MI Results

Accessed via Imgur

After her loss in Michigan, Senator Gillibrand did not speak publicly about the race or her performance. However, the campaign did send out the following memo:

"Hey, folks. Full results in from Michigan - KG at 3%. Not bad. Didn't set up a big infrastructure, almost beat out Adams. Do not worry - this was GW country from the start. We will continue moving forward. Good fundraising numbers in the leadup to Super Tuesday. We will be hitting the northeast HARD, as well as VA, CO, TX, CA, and establishing some presence in MN and UT (we will also continue to run ads in other states). We're going to have surrogates out nonstop in the leadup. This is make or break. Kirsten needs at least one victory, but preferably 2-3 with good showings elsewhere. This week, we need to work as hard as possible. We're ramping up spending, staff, and outreach in every Super Tuesday state. We will not be embarrassed and we WILL be formidable. Keep up the good work folks, KG is very proud."

The Senator was confident that despite showings on other states, she would have a great night come Super Tuesday. Aiming for wins in MA, ME, and either victories or really good showings in other states across the country, she was proud of the campaign she had established. She planned to campaign 24/7 over the next weeks to ensure good showings.

* More will come out as turn update comes *
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2023, 03:31:33 PM »

Gillibrand Super Tuesday Schedule

Accessed via Imgur

Surrogates

Maura Healey:
In the run up to Super Tuesday, Maura Healey criss-crossed Massachusetts. Joining Senator Gillibrand in many events, she held town halls, rallies, press conferences, and appeared in ads. The very popular Governor of Massachusetts was committed to helping elect the first female President, something which drew in support from many urban and suburban voters who had high favorables of Gov. Healey. She pushed on the policies of the Family Bill of Rights, women's healthcare, and labeled Kirsten Gillibrand as the "candidate for women." This was done in an attempt to draw more women to Senator Gillibrand's side rather than that of Gov. Whitmer and Vice President Harris. This strategy, according to internal polls, was working as Gillibrand enjoyed strong support from women in Massachusetts as well as good showings with LGBTQ+ people, youth voters, and Asian voters. It was if the Senator and the Governor were conjoined at the hip as they criss-crossed the state, always together, attracting thousands to their crowds.

Rep. Chellie Pingree
Rep. Pingree, who recently endorsed Sen. Gillibrand, announced her endorsement at a joint event with the Senator in Portland, ME. The Representative was welcomed on stage with a roar from the crowd and fired them up even more with her endorsement. After the event, she joined Senator Gillibrand in a two-day tour of the state hitting the cities of Bangor, Portland, Augusta, Bar Harbor, Lewiston, Rockland, and Biddeford. The extremely popular representative attracted a lot of support towards Senator Gillibrand from people of all demographics. The Senator enjoyed strong showings of support from women and men alike, helping to diversify her coalition and cement her as the candidate for Maine voters. Attempting to keep Former VP Gore and Senator Merkley from taking the state, Rep. Pingree framed Gillibrand in a light which attracted many. Her endorsement and endless campaigning will no doubt have a positive impact on the Senator's Maine hopes.

Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke
The Former Representative campaigned tirelessly for the Gillibrand campaign across the Lone State state. O'Rourke, who attracts Democrats (and Republicans) of all backgrounds was an extremely valuable endorsement for Senator Gillibrand. She hit the cities of El Paso, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, and Lubbock in the short period of time. He held speaking events, press conferences, meet and greets, and virtual events in association with the Gillibrand campaign. The Senator did join Rep. O'Rourke at multiple events as they appeared in front of crowds of thousands. The Senator believed that O'Rourke's charisma and star power would help her with urban and suburban voters along with latino voters in Texas. Hitting the cities of Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso hard, Senator Gillibrand appealed to many in these largely progressive cities.

Rep. Lori Trahan
Massachusetts Represenative Lori Trahan, a female superhero to the people of Massachusetts, joined Senator Gillibrand and Governor Healey at their events in Massachusetts. Rep. Trahan, who's district encompasses northern areas of Massachusetts and the Boston suburbs, helped with Gillibrand's appeal to suburban and exurban voters. Rep. Trahan spoke about the Senator's commitment to working people in her speeches, something which Americans have been disaffected by under past administrations. Rep. Trahan was an asset to the MA for Gillibrand campaign and appeared at many office opening events, GOTV events, and pushed hard on social media for the Senator.

Governor Kathy Hochul
Governor Hochul campaigned for Senator Gillibrand in upstate New York, Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts. She did not appear as a speaker at public events, but she hosted multiple fundraisers for the Senator. The reasoning behind her not appearing with the Senator is her notable unpopularity, but her ability to fundraise and draw more "establishment" voters to her side was extremely important to the Senator in the lead up to Super Tuesday.

Representative Paul Tonko
Rep. Tonko spent his time hitting the city of Albany, Boston, and Montpelier hard. His popularity in upstate New York helped to gain support for the Senator amongst both minority communities and upper class, mostly white, communities. This ability to transcend race and class was important to Senator Gilibrand as her campaign sought to expand their coalition to different types of voters.

Representative Yvette Clarke
Representative Clarke spent her time in New York City campaigning for Senator Gillibrand. Although the NY primary wasn't on Super Tuesday, the state was crucial to the Gillibrand Coalition and would help to advance her campaign both in delegates but also in momentum. She was joined by state representatives and NY City Council members at her speaking and fundraising events, bringing in members of latino communities to help broaden the Senator's support.

Representative Jennifer Wexton
Representative Wexton spent her time in her home district in northern Virginia, and in the cities of Richmond, Virginia Beach, Charlottesville, and Williamsburg. The Representative is extremely in her upstate district, a place which Senator Gillibrand is counting on to help her have a good showing in the Virginia primary. Suburban voters are the reason Rep. Wexton beat out Rep. Comstock in 2018 as well as the reasoning behind her multiple re-elections, so joining her not only helped the Senator, but it got her name out to donors and Virginians who hadn't yet heard of her. Additionally, she appeared at universities like the University of Virginia, William & Mary, University of Richmond, George Mason University, and Old Dominion University with Representative Wexton. Along with suburban and urban voters, Senator Gillibrand has been seeking out youth voters in order to help her campaign and take away votes from Senator Jeff Merkley. She was confident in her Virginia abilities thanks to the help of Representative Wexton.

In addition to joining her surrogates campaigning efforts, Senator Gillibrand hit the states of California, Colorado, Minnesota, and North Carolina in independent events joined by family and massive crowds.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2023, 09:19:38 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2023, 12:12:02 PM by McGovernite »

Re-Aired in all Super Tuesday states

Aired in IA, NH, MA, NY

I want to get money out of politics. There's a lot of political corruption and we know that anything we want to accomplish there's always something or someone standing in the way. The corrupt special interests, the greed, the lies.

As soon as you get money out of politics, it changes everything.

I will codify Roe, repeal the Hyde Amendment.

Only appointed judges and justices that believe Roe v. Wade is settled precedent.

I will not only re-engage on the global climate accords, but I will lead the nationwide and global conversation.

When John F. Kennedy said, I want to put a man on the moon, he did not know he could get a man on the moon, in ten years. But he knew it would be a measure of our innovation, our competitiveness.

I will start a green energy race with China. You make it a measure of our success.

I would have a community-based asylum process. We have real immigration judges so that we can have a comprehensive and thoughtful system.

The Family Bill of Rights: The right to a healthy and safe pregnancy. National paid leave, a safe and affordable nursery, give birth or adopt a child. Affordable day care and universal pre-k.

I will make sure if you would like a third gender on any federal license that you may put an X. Guarantee your right to adopt a child. Guarantee your right to IVF treatments. Guarantee your transgender treatments.

Guarantee Medicare for All. Guarantee a single-payer system. I know how to get it done.

Nothing was done after Sandy Hook, after Charleston, after Las Vegas. I will make sure we have universal background checks, ban the large magazines, the assault rifles, the military-style weapons.

I would legalize marijuana, de-criminalize marijuana, and I would de-schedule marijuana.

If you really want to get something done, just tell me it's impossible and I'll get it done.

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2023, 09:47:56 AM »

Gillibrand Rallies Support for Super Tuesday

Accessed via Imgur

February 28th

After the Michigan primary, Senator Gillibrand flew back to New York in order to hold an event at Gillibrand HQ in NYC. After visiting HQ, Senator Gillibrand took the "GilliBus" to Amherst, MA, stopping in smaller cities along the way. In these smaller cities, she would walk around town centers (main streets) shopping, meeting people, exchanging ideas, posing for photos, and holding babies of concerned mothers. Once she got to Amherst, she spoke in front of educators, many union teachers, about the importance of education and how as President she would support it. This appealed heavily to the audience and to the town of Amherst as their main industry is education. Gaining support from smaller to medium sized towns like those she stopped and spoke at it crucial to Gillibrand's MA ground game.

February 29th

Senator Gilibrand departed Amherst for the city of Boston with Rep. Trahan and Gov. Healey, stopping in Salem, Plymouth, Cambridge, Worcester, Lowell, Brockton, and New Bedford along the way. These events were smaller scale town halls, but in Boston, the Senator arrived to a crowd of thousands chanting her name and waving signs. Senator Gillibrand hit hard on progressive issues in the city of Boston in order to bridge the progressive-moderate divide in a state full of many of both of them. Senator Gillibrand's goal was to set her self up as the candidate for both of these types of Democrats and to keep people like Senator Merkley and Former Vice President Gore from stealing either sect of the party.

March 1st

After a successful campaign effort in MA, Senator Gillibrand flew to Fairfax, VA where she would hold a rally with Rep. Jennifer Wexton at George Mason University. This rally was attended by hundreds of students and thousands of supporters. Northern Virginia is key to Gillibrand's path to winning the Virginia primary, or at least getting a good showing, and would help propel her campaign's message about her appeal to suburban voters. After speaking in Fairfax, Senator Gillibrand took a short flight to Richmond, VA where she held another speaking event and then left for Williamsburg. When in Williamsburg she spoke at William & Mary University to an enthusiastic crowd.

March 2nd

After a great trip in Virginia, Senator Gillibrand flew to Austin, TX where she met up with Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke in order to hold a speaking event outside of the Texas State Capitol. She used this event to speak about the dangerous policy agenda of the GOP and Governor Greg Abbott, earning cheers from Texas Democrats who were disaffected by his 3-term nightmare. After the event, she and Rep. O'Rourke toured the city of Austin, taking photos with supporters and passerbys, and going door to door at local businesses and homes in order to get people out to vote. After a great morning in Austin, Senator Gillibrand and Rep. O'Rourke drove to San Antonio where she held another event at the Riverwalk. Her Texas campaign was bolstered because of Rep. O'Rourke's star power, something which would no doubt help her with Texas Democrats.

March 3rd

After a day in Texas, Senator Gillibrand flew to Denver, CO where she held speaking events involving both rallies and town halls. After these events, she, along with supporters, campaigned in suburban Denver and Boulder, attracting a key demographic to vote for her in the upcoming primary. Senator Gillibrand relied heavily on the large suburban population in Colorado in order to help her campaign's chances. Then, after a great morning and afternoon, she flew to Portland, ME for a full day of campaigning the next day.

March 4th

Once in Maine, Senator Gillibrand criss-crossed the entire coastline, visiting cities big and small with Rep. Chellie Pingree. These events were smaller scale due to Maine's small population, but they still had a large presence of enthusiasm. She visited the campuses of Bowdoin College, Colby College, and Bates College in order to meet with students, a key demographic in her Maine campaign's success. She lined herself up as the most progressive candidate in the race, working to keep Senator Merkley from stealing Maine away from her camp.

March 5th

On the day of Super Tuesday, Senator Gillibrand flew back to Boston to hold her campaign's closing rally of the cycle. Perhaps her biggest rally yet, she inspired the crowd and fostered cheers which could be heard all the way to the New Hampshire border. Senator Gillibrand was confident in her Super Tuesday abilities, especially in Massachusetts, and spent the day blitzing the city left, right, up, and down. In the evening, she joined her campaign at the Marriot Hotel Boston, where she would later hold her election night party in one of the ballrooms.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2023, 11:10:44 PM »

Ad re-aired in all Super Tuesday states

Aired In: NH, NV, SC, MN, IA, UT, OR, ID, TX, VT, MA, ME, RI

"They want to take away health care from millions of Americans."
"They want to make abortion illegal."
We can't just tune it out, we've got to shut it down.
I won't apologize for only nominating judges who support a women's right to choose.
I don't care if corrupt politicians are scared at my plan to get big money out of politics.
And I'm proud that I supported Medicare for All before it was popular.
I've stood up to the Republicans when they've tried to gut social programs, and I'll do it again.
Nothing is impossible, if we fight for it.
I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, I'm running for President, and I approve this message.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2023, 12:38:12 PM »

Gillibrand Campaign Announcement

After crossing the United States for the past months, I have met so many wonderful people. From the farms of Iowa to New York City, meeting Americans who shared their concerns with me was such an honor. I believe that there is so much to be done in our nation to help push us forward. From ensuring a woman's right to choose to stopping climate change, we, as elected officials, must take action.

I believe that, at this time, there is no path forward for our campaign for President. I want to thank everyone who has done anything they can for my campaign. From making phone calls from your living room to standing with us going door to door, you have helped to make history, and I thank you for everything you've done. However, I have not lost my hope for a candidate to continue the progressive vision that I, and all of you, have put forward.

This is why I have decided to endorse Senator Jeff Merkley, a friend, confidant, and fearless fighter for a brighter future for President of the United States. I look forward to joining Senator Merkley along the way to help secure the Democratic nomination for President of the United States for him. I ask everyone who has volunteered, campaigned, and voted to me to please join this effort. We must keep the fight going, and let us never remember, that Brave Wins.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies