AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:53:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 52888 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: November 18, 2022, 12:42:19 AM »

I wonder who the Republicans run. David Schweikert? Andy Biggs?

Kelli Ward, Kari Lake, or Peter Thiel’s newest twink.  Maybe Charlie Kirk runs.

Schweikert can barely win his own district’s primary, let alone a statewide one.

Tbh, the Ducey wing will probably try to get Ciscomani to run. He checks off a lot of boxes and isn’t crazy.

And risk the House seat in an extremely narrow House that both Kelly and likely Hobbs won?

AZGOP isn't the smartest.

When the neofascists send their people, they're not sending their best
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 04:56:34 AM »

I think people on this forum are all underestimating Sinema. 2 years in politics is super long.

The crazy thing is too that Sinema doesn't need to be this way. She can still do the whole "bipartisan work is important, etc." without being so off-putting to Dems. Mark Kelly just won by 5 points by still maintaining the "independent" mantle despite voting with Dems nearly all of the time. Arizona clearly doesn't have a problem with it. She's just making things worse for herself. But yeah, she can still turn this around if she stops being so obstructionist.

I do wonder about her involvement this year. I wonder if it was more of her not caring at all to help, or if they thought she'd be more of a hinderance? It does speak volumes though that she couldn't at least tweet a few times for Hobbs/Kelly or something. She didn't need to be by their side the whole time, but the fact that she did *nothing* it seems is pretty striking, and kinda shows that she's still refusing to be a team player.
How much is she fundraising behind the scenes? I thought I heard she's a prolific fundraiser for Democratic campaign committees, and that's part of why Schumer still stands, unflinchingly, by her.

No. But again, it doesn't really matter.

I actually like Sinema quite a bit, but Mark Kelly is a fundraising juggernaut and he did perfectly fine.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 11:20:17 AM »

Sinema's staff have reached the "leak stuff that makes your boss look bad before you resign" stage:

“KS has Executive Platinum status on AMERICAN AIRLINES and sometimes receives an automatic upgrade to first class. Do not rely on this; in the event that she does not get upgraded, it is important that she have a seat she is comfortable with.

First choice: KS prefers an aisle seat as close to the front of the plane as possible, except that she DOES NOT want the bulkhead row. Those seats are smaller than regular seats and are crowded. She also doesn't want the seat next to/directly in front of the bathroom on planes where there's a bathroom in the middle of the plane. Look at the seat map for every flight you book, or ask the booking agent about the flight map if you're reserving over the phone.

KS generally prefers to be closer to the front in a window seat, than further back in an aisle. It saves her time getting off the plane earlier.

Next choice: if you can't get an aisle seat, get a window seat using the same guidelines as above. This shouldn't happen often, since you're booking most flights six weeks in advance.

Last resort: Do everything in your power not put her in a middle seat. If the circumstances are such that a middle seat is the ONLY option, make sure you email KS to let her know and also provide some information about other flights she might be able to take instead that have better seating options. Don't book so late that middle seats are all that's left.”

Idk this actually seems reasonable to me :/

Yeah there's a lot to criticize Sinema over, but having worked for a number of politicians, this specifically is honestly pretty mild as far as what some of them require.
When I was in college I probably averaged 12-15 flights a year. I became very good at gaming the system to get myself in the exit row as much as possible, and did everything in my power to avoid middle seats. And Sinema surely spends close to 10x as much time on a plane as I did back then. When you are basically living part time on a plane, those things do matter, a lot. And of course she has bookoo status with AA, Phoenix is their hub and she's probably flying back and forth to DC at least once a week.

It's not like she's wasting taxpayer dollars billing the government for first class fares or something of that nature. This is the kind of thing that looks silly to people who don't or rarely fly, but is perfectly reasonable to frequent flyers.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 05:12:25 PM »

It may not be, but a possible upcoming Senate run announcement?

But she just started her term as Governor /s
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 09:01:33 PM »

She’s moving from Act Blue to something called Anedot. She is honest to god on the verge of launching a third party center right campaign. This is truly insane

That's really something, considering such clowns as Geoff Young use(d) it.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 09:02:41 PM »

She's like the idiot who mails our office pictures of dead fetuses once a week and says we're all going to hell.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies