AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:18:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 53369 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« on: December 09, 2022, 08:22:37 AM »

This is clearly a tactical move on her part.  It's obvious that she's extremely vulnerable to a Democratic primary challenge, and she certainly knows that.  But if she's an independent, she probably figures that the Democrats won't run a candidate against her because a 3-way race would hand the seat to the Republicans, and Democrats would rather have an allied independent Sinema than a Republican.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 02:30:44 PM »

Do y'all not realize we're living in the Krysten-Sinema-for-President-in-2024 timeline?

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 10:51:00 AM »

I imagine her eventual Fox show is going to have a truly terrible Sinema/cinema pun.

Sinema Verity.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 08:22:44 PM »

I imagine her eventual Fox show is going to have a truly terrible Sinema/cinema pun.

Imagine if it was the current title for this thread!

That's the only one I've seen folks come up with (As cringe as it is), so I give it a pretty high chance

Sinema Verity.

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 01:28:11 PM »

This doomer article about the bleak prospects of Senate Dems article in 2024 posits in a conclusory manner that the Pubs have the inside lane to win the AZ seat if Sinema runs as an independent. Why would anyone who is other than in equipoise between the Dem and Pub nominees vote for her unless she had a chance to win? Are people who embrace that analysis just clueless or are they trolls, or am I missing something?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/14/opinion/kyrsten-sinema-arizona.html

Those options are not mutually exclusive. Wink  But in this case I agree that Sinema's reelection chances as an independent are dim.  However, they're brighter than her chances as a Democrat.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 06:31:49 PM »

That's not exactly a scientific sample. Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022, 09:13:10 PM »

Has there been any news yet as to what the GOP primary looks like here? Jim Lamon comes to mind since he finished at a decent second place behind Masters this year. Does Andy Biggs go for it if he falls short to McCarthy in the Speaker race?
Kari Lake endorsed Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb who is strongly considering running. Lamon and probably some other people at least consider a run. I think Biggs might just want to push McCarthy around for the next 2 years. Ducey basically just declined a run.

Sad news about Mark Lamb's family:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 08:14:09 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 02:11:00 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/03/23/sinema-trashes-dems-gop-00088461

That woman does seem to have a loose screw or two. The word that comes to mind is narcissist, a condition that I have been told is incurable.

I am not sure how effective she will be as a lobbyist however, when she is no longer needed. So one wonders what her plan will be to maintain her lavish lifestyle. That seems to be job one. Her sartorial choices remind me of what I see from time to time what I see when Dan watches fashion shows. The outfits are not what one typically sees on the street or anywhere else for that matter, other than the runways on which the models strut.

I look forward to the day we won't hear from her and Manchin ever again after both were defeated in a landslide in the next election.

I'd far prefer Manchin to the Republican who will replace him.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2023, 07:55:58 PM »

Awful.  He might finish third.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2023, 05:11:10 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2023, 10:59:24 AM »

Kari Lake seems unwell from that article. She honestly thinks she won in 2022. It's actually really sad to see.

She has been ranting about 2022 ever since Hobbs was declared the winner. It's a new GOP trend not concede lost races anymore.

It’s not a trend, at least not yet. Trump and Lake are really the only ones who didn’t concede.

Mastriano didn't either, just some sort of drafted letter by an aide. Roy Moore didn't concede either, as did the 3rd in GA's 2022 gubernatorial primary.

Kandiss Taylor?  She's still claiming the primary was stolen from her*.  She's way, way around the bend.

* - Taylor got 3% of the vote.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2023, 07:58:05 PM »

Lake was a super strong candidate who outperformed the Senate candidate by 4 in 2022.

Lol no Lamb was just pathetic

Lamb?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2023, 04:34:58 PM »

Without more details and sourcing I'm hesitant to put this in the polling board, but I think it's worth mentioning here:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2024, 06:59:42 PM »

(tweets snipped)

Convention going on right now, Lake not getting support. Given the treatment of similar candidates in terms of political positions,  this is likely all cause of the DeWit situation.

Backstabbing may yield some short-term gains, but it does not win friends or influence people, and in the long run that will make a difference.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2024, 03:17:46 PM »

Nothing will probably top this as the funniest political moment of 2024:

Was Lake's account hacked or is this pure irony?

I think the answer is just that Lake has no self-awareness.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2024, 02:34:00 PM »

These two messages landing consecutively is rather amusing.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2024, 04:24:22 PM »

Say what you will about Sinema. She was effective as a bridge, and I don’t know which Democrats are going to be that liaison to getting things done once her and Manchin leave next year.

Mark Warner, Tim Kaine, Amy Klobuchar, Patty Murray, Maggie Hassan... Sinema and Manchin are not the only Senate Democrats that talk to Republicans.

And Chris Coons.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2024, 07:33:46 PM »

What a shame that one of the most effective, bipartisan, and hardworking, no-nonsense Senators I have EVER seen was forced out due to hyperpartisanship. No one has had a more successful one-term Senate career IMO. She is an absolutely brilliant legislator and was extremely instrumental in bringing people from all sides of the political spectrum together to pass good, longstanding legislation.

I had a feeling this was coming, but it's devastating nonetheless. When she won in 2018 I envisioned a long career as a leading Senate moderate for her, which was perfect for a purple state like Arizona. Instead, the leftist activists and their damn purity tests decided she wasn't good enough.

I hope she runs for President under No Labels or for Governor of AZ one day.

Enjoy Senator Kari Lake, y'all. Sinema woud've won easily if Gallego didn't get in.

Imagine actually believing this Roll Eyes

It's not satire?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2024, 07:45:41 PM »

How about: Bernie Sanders and Ron DeSantis are both major figures in recent American politics.  They've both had significant influence in different ways.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2024, 01:09:58 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2024, 12:48:35 PM »

Lean D -> Likely D
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2024, 02:06:30 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar