AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 53210 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: January 31, 2024, 02:05:34 AM »

She's not running.

She spent over $100K on fundraising consultants so this seems more like a forced retirement and not her gracefully exiting the stage. Definitely better off staying as a Dem despite her odds against Gallego.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #876 on: January 31, 2024, 09:39:23 AM »

The wild thing is - as noted, she did spend some on digital advertising, and I'm still on her mailing list from before, so she has sent out a good amount of fundraising emails as well, so the fact that those are not producing anything should give her a clear sign that it's not happening
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #877 on: January 31, 2024, 10:14:16 AM »

The irony of all of that is that Sinema just needed to vote like Kelly or Tester instead of Manchin or even to latter's right, and she would have been perfectly fine. No primary challenge and favorite against Lake. I hope the grandstanding and stonewalling Biden's agenda was worth it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #878 on: January 31, 2024, 12:32:55 PM »

Gallego raised 3.3m and Lake 2.1m, by contrast. No way Sinema runs at this point IMO. Gets less likely every day.

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #879 on: February 01, 2024, 11:14:53 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2024, 11:17:57 AM by Oryxslayer »

Gallego raised 3.3m and Lake 2.1m, by contrast. No way Sinema runs at this point IMO. Gets less likely every day.

On the topic of Lake,  apparently she still has debt from the lawsuits,  despite the radical grassroots. Politico has it at a couple hundred net positive,  to Gallegos 7 million and Sinemas massive warchest that seems likely to just be shelved.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #880 on: February 01, 2024, 06:30:13 PM »

If she doesn't run, that's unfortunate. She would have made this race Likely D bordering on Safe D
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #881 on: February 02, 2024, 01:14:52 PM »

Hopefully, she doesn't run
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #882 on: February 07, 2024, 06:12:02 PM »

Hearing rumblings that Sinema may file to run in the Dem primary. I don't know if it is her floating a trial balloon but there is apparently a poll in the field listing her in primary against Gallego.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #883 on: February 07, 2024, 06:14:53 PM »

Hearing rumblings that Sinema may file to run in the Dem primary. I don't know if it is her floating a trial balloon but there is apparently a poll in the field listing her in primary against Gallego.

Gallego would win that primary easily.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #884 on: February 07, 2024, 06:46:50 PM »

She would have $10M and the DSCC would be obligated to support her as an incumbent, I think she would make it close. Which is why I think she's seriously considering switching back.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #885 on: February 07, 2024, 08:53:17 PM »

She would have $10M and the DSCC would be obligated to support her as an incumbent, I think she would make it close. Which is why I think she's seriously considering switching back.

The DSCC wouldn’t do much to help her and she’d get annihilated
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #886 on: February 08, 2024, 02:19:17 AM »

I highly doubt she would switch back after all the talk about decrying partisan politics since her switch to Independent.

The fact that the Senate GOP ruthlessly killed her border bill could be the excuse she needs to announce she won't run again. Her argument would be the Senate failed Arizona, partisanship is too high, and the institution is irredeemable.

I still think there's a strong chance she runs again.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #887 on: February 08, 2024, 02:31:54 AM »

She would have $10M and the DSCC would be obligated to support her as an incumbent, I think she would make it close. 

Tell that to Arlen Specter.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #888 on: February 10, 2024, 07:47:57 PM »

The DSCC is not going to help someone who abandoned the party win a primary.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #889 on: February 10, 2024, 08:55:28 PM »

Gallego wins this easily if so, but she won't do that (because she knows that).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #890 on: February 13, 2024, 05:59:42 PM »

Senate GOP campaign arm endorses Kari Lake

So I guess the GOP is writing off Arizona lol
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #891 on: February 16, 2024, 06:10:06 PM »

What are the filing deadlines? Politico and Ballotpedia are telling me two different dates. (April 8 and 1)

Is it the same date for both the general election and Democratic primary?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #892 on: February 19, 2024, 03:23:57 PM »

So has everyone come to terms with Sinema not running or are some of you still in denial and think she does?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #893 on: February 19, 2024, 03:59:00 PM »

So Republicans learned nothing from their 2022 recruitment failures.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #894 on: February 19, 2024, 04:10:46 PM »

So Republicans learned nothing from their 2022 recruitment failures.

Why wouldn’t they nominate the “true” incumbent governor who won by a large margin but had the election stolen from her?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #895 on: February 21, 2024, 11:25:09 AM »

Sinema has until April 1 to collect 42k signatures to run. She hasn't start, nor has she signed a letter of intent to officially start the process
https://www.axios.com/local/phoenix/2024/02/20/sinema-campaign-reelection

Realistically, she'll need 65k signatures to avoid issues. It would be impossible to start a volunteer operation now, so she'll need to pay a private company. According to the article, that would cost 1 million dollars at least. She has 10 million in her campaign fund, but she would also need to pay for housing and its peak travel season in Arizona is March.

I am sure she intended to run and win as an independent, to punish the state Democratic Party. But 3 way polls show her losing and she won't give Democrats the satisfaction of beating her so she wont run

I wouldn't be surprised if she runs for President as the No Labels party
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #896 on: February 21, 2024, 11:54:01 AM »

Sinema has until April 1 to collect 42k signatures to run. She hasn't start, nor has she signed a letter of intent to officially start the process

Realistically, she'll need 65k signatures to avoid issues. It would be impossible to start a volunteer operation now, so she'll need to pay a private company. According to the article, that would cost 1 million dollars at least. She has 10 million in her campaign fund, but she would also need to pay for housing and its peak travel season in Arizona is March.

I am sure she intended to run and win as an independent, to punish the state Democratic Party. But 3 way polls show her losing and she won't give Democrats the satisfaction of beating her so she wont run

Why would she run for president?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #897 on: February 21, 2024, 12:03:10 PM »

Why would she run for president?
For attention. Its why she does anything since being elected senator in 2018. She wore purple wigs during COVID. And nice fat checks from lobbyists, like how she funded her fancy European vacation back in 2021 to pause the BBB negotiations

And finally, to spite Democrats for no longer supporting her
xavier110
United States
« Reply #898 on: February 22, 2024, 02:34:55 PM »

Nothing will probably top this as the funniest political moment of 2024:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #899 on: February 22, 2024, 02:46:27 PM »

Nothing will probably top this as the funniest political moment of 2024:

Was Lake's account hacked or is this pure irony?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies