AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:09:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 52864 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: October 06, 2023, 10:50:37 AM »

I'm so glad she's running lol
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #801 on: October 06, 2023, 11:07:52 AM »

I don’t know how anyone can look at that stunt and see Lake as anything but divisive, rude, and ill-informed.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #802 on: October 06, 2023, 01:33:48 PM »

Frankly, one of the worst things about Trump is that he inspired/encouraged so many awful people like Lake to run for office.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #803 on: October 06, 2023, 01:51:39 PM »

They both sound like they’re mic’d, which is really odd.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #804 on: October 06, 2023, 05:31:10 PM »

Frankly, one of the worst things about Trump is that he inspired/encouraged so many awful people like Lake to run for office.

They generally don’t have the success he has though.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #805 on: October 06, 2023, 06:19:49 PM »

Now I'm just picturing Lake driving to the airport, making herself look like she's travelling, and ambushing Gallego out of the bathroom near his terminal.

I wouldn't put it past her.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #806 on: October 06, 2023, 08:38:52 PM »

Wonder if Lake will try to pull a similar stunt on Sinema or if she doesn't really view Sinema as a threat to her chances of winning (could also be because Sinema isn't officially in the race yet). I can't even imagine what Sinema would do in this scenario. But she probably does like this exchange since she can use it as proof of being above the fray of partisan bickering.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #807 on: October 07, 2023, 02:23:18 AM »

Wonder if Lake will try to pull a similar stunt on Sinema or if she doesn't really view Sinema as a threat to her chances of winning (could also be because Sinema isn't officially in the race yet). I can't even imagine what Sinema would do in this scenario. But she probably does like this exchange since she can use it as proof of being above the fray of partisan bickering.
Lake goes after everyone lol I'm sure she'll confront her over Trump or something.
Ngl a good strategy for Lake would be to attack Sinema and force her to defend her left-wing positions, therefore making her less popular with Republicans.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #808 on: October 07, 2023, 05:23:22 AM »

That’s not the win she thinks it is.  Gallego comes as very calm and thoughtful.  Lake comes off as a deranged jacka** and the sort of weirdo who spends their whole day shoving pictures of dead fetuses in people’s faces as they are trying to get to work.

Gallego objectively comes off far better here.

And, as an aside, this was almost more substantial than really any planned debate you get in 99% of cases. Tongue
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #809 on: October 07, 2023, 05:38:01 AM »

I swear, if Menendez somehow won the nomination he would be more likely to lose than Gallego would be to lose to Kari Lake. She’s an absolute joke.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #810 on: October 07, 2023, 08:30:08 AM »

Lake goes after everyone lol I'm sure she'll confront her over Trump or something.
Ngl a good strategy for Lake would be to attack Sinema and force her to defend her left-wing positions, therefore making her less popular with Republicans.

It would be risky because a large reason why these Republicans like Sinema and not her/Trump is temperament. The “Kari Lake bullies people” strategy does not endear her to them and makes her look weak and dumb (meanwhile, the average GOP primary voter thinks it projects strength…part of the reason why Trumpism is an electoral gamble).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #811 on: October 07, 2023, 06:09:37 PM »

It would be risky because a large reason why these Republicans like Sinema and not her/Trump is temperament. The “Kari Lake bullies people” strategy does not endear her to them and makes her look weak and dumb (meanwhile, the average GOP primary voter thinks it projects strength…part of the reason why Trumpism is an electoral gamble).

I do have to wonder if an underrated factor in the GOP's underperformance last year with candidates like Lake could simply have been because they just plain come off as a**holes.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #812 on: October 07, 2023, 09:02:41 PM »

She's like the idiot who mails our office pictures of dead fetuses once a week and says we're all going to hell.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #813 on: October 08, 2023, 08:36:19 AM »

Maricopa county as I went thru it is solid D now
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #814 on: October 08, 2023, 11:36:14 AM »

Maricopa county as I went thru it is solid D now

Thank you for your service.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #815 on: October 10, 2023, 12:17:18 PM »

It's official:

PHOENIX -- Republican Kari Lake, a popular former local news anchor, self-described "MAGA Mama Bear" and staunch ally of former President Donald Trump, will launch a campaign for the U.S. Senate at a rally in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Tuesday night, nearly a year after losing the state's gubernatorial race -- a defeat she still refuses to concede.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kari-lake-set-announce-arizona-senate-campaign-after/story?id=103831117
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #816 on: October 11, 2023, 12:59:07 AM »

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #817 on: October 11, 2023, 02:10:49 AM »

Lake gets the Trump endorsement right out of the gate. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lamb drop out soon.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #818 on: October 11, 2023, 08:51:01 AM »

Sinema isn't getting 20 percent of the vote
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #819 on: October 11, 2023, 09:35:45 AM »

It's official:

PHOENIX -- Republican Kari Lake, a popular former local news anchor, self-described "MAGA Mama Bear" and staunch ally of former President Donald Trump, will launch a campaign for the U.S. Senate at a rally in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Tuesday night, nearly a year after losing the state's gubernatorial race -- a defeat she still refuses to concede.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kari-lake-set-announce-arizona-senate-campaign-after/story?id=103831117

But she told me she was the legitimate governor of Arizona, why is she running for the senate seat?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #820 on: October 11, 2023, 09:48:07 AM »

It's official:

Tilt D -> Lean D
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #821 on: October 11, 2023, 11:50:08 AM »

It's official:

Tilt D -> Lean D

Really looking forward to watching this C-word lose again.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #822 on: October 11, 2023, 12:01:51 PM »

It's official:

Tilt D -> Lean D

You can say it.. Conservative
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #823 on: October 11, 2023, 02:36:18 PM »

It's official:

Tilt D -> Lean D

You can say it.. Conservative

Cun-... servative!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #824 on: October 11, 2023, 03:10:59 PM »

https://x.com/teamtrump/status/1711934372109050041

Lake gets the Trump endorsement right out of the gate. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lamb drop out soon.

Just an endorsement? Not a complete and total endorsement? Sad!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies