Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 08:42:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 307729 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8475 on: November 11, 2022, 04:30:13 PM »

It's a 303 map anyways going into 24 all our Sen inc in 303 states are safe D

Considering we are likely looking at the first time ever all incumbents won in the Senate, I wouldn't be surprised if the map is the same for the first time ever in 2024 and you've been right all along about the 303 map.

Even just one state flipping would still be a record (beating IN/NC from 2008 to 2012).

And I could see that one state being Wisconsin based on these results. Either just WI or no states flipping seem like really plausible results.

The one state could also be NV or, if it's a really good night for Democrats, NC.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8476 on: November 11, 2022, 04:31:25 PM »

CA-22 is not Lean R. There’s an absurd amount of Kern left to count.

Kern is a red county overall. Where is the outstanding vote left?

Bakersfield
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8477 on: November 11, 2022, 04:31:46 PM »

NV and AZ are taking way too long with these "drops", IMO.

It's kind of annoying.

It's kind of annoying, but at the same time kind of fun.  It lets us draw out the election night excitement for a whole week!  Barring special elections, we won't be doing this again for quite a while.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8478 on: November 11, 2022, 04:32:40 PM »

It's kind of annoying.

They have to verify signatures, one by one by one.
gf20202
« Reply #8479 on: November 11, 2022, 04:33:22 PM »

It's kind of annoying.

It's kind of annoying, but at the same time kind of fun.  It lets us draw out the election night excitement for a whole week!  Barring special elections, we won't be doing this again for quite a while.

It's less than four weeks until the runoff.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8480 on: November 11, 2022, 04:34:18 PM »

Ralston all but writing Sisolak's obituary. Damn.

If we had to lose one of Nevada Senate or Governor. I'd easily choose Governor.

Same, especially given that Sisolak is just this side of downright right-wing on labor rights and business regulations.

Rip company towns.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #8481 on: November 11, 2022, 04:36:30 PM »

Funny how no one seems to be talking about Guam anymore.
That was like -THE- story on here for much of Election Day.

Washington DC, Puerto Rico, and Guam should be admitted as states immediately. It's a perfect compromise- a blue state, a swing state, and a red state, so no feelings have to get hurt to do the right thinf.
Guam + Northern Marianas Islands and I'm in.

A Marianas state would still have the lowest population in the Union, but 200k (201,165 in the 2020 Census) is enough for a state to support itself. Almost all western states were admitted with smaller populations than that.

Why not a state of Pacifica? Guam + Northern Marianas + American Samoa + the various pacific islands? Keep most the latter as federal lands in the new state on account of most of them don't got much in the way of people on them. But I've always wanted American Samoa to get more respect beyond their current status, and the first two are still rather tiny in terms of population.

That would be a completely ungovernable state.  The right thing to do would be to allow all the territories to have a referendum on independence or statehood.  Colonialism in the 21st century is sickening.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8482 on: November 11, 2022, 04:40:16 PM »

Washington DC, Puerto Rico, and Guam should be admitted as states immediately. It's a perfect compromise- a blue state, a swing state, and a red state, so no feelings have to get hurt to do the right thinf.
Guam is red? Seems like it's lean blue or purple.

It voted R on Tuesday.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8483 on: November 11, 2022, 04:41:04 PM »

Guam is red? Seems like it's lean blue or purple.

It voted R on Tuesday.

Elected a Democratic governor, though.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8484 on: November 11, 2022, 04:41:51 PM »

Culinary going to work to make sure ballots get cured.

unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #8485 on: November 11, 2022, 04:42:35 PM »

It's kind of annoying.

California is far more annoying IMO
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8486 on: November 11, 2022, 04:43:03 PM »

Culinary going to work to make sure ballots get cured.

How DARE those obvious Democrats try to make sure that everyones vote counts! *Shakes fist*
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #8487 on: November 11, 2022, 04:45:23 PM »

It's really hard to know how Guam or other territories would vote if they were allowed to vote in US presidential elections.  Their state politics are very different than US politics.
Before Alaska and Hawaii became states, Alaska was supposed to be Democratic and Hawaii Republican.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8488 on: November 11, 2022, 04:46:43 PM »

Honestly am I the only one not feeling great about WA-03. It seems like the outstanding vote which even in Clark should break pretty heavily for kemp.

Coming up just short in both CO-03 and WA-03 would suck

Yes, I'm also fairly uncertain about WA-03, but I consider this more likely pick-up than CA-27, for example. Anyway without WA-03 Democratic majority seems impossible, and Joe Kent in Congress is awful, awful thing

Also we should get a more clearer picture about this race today

Past precedent says:

3K-ish left in Thurston. GOP nets a tiny bit

7K-ish left in Cowlitz. seemingly should break even

30-35K-ish left in Clark. Past precedent says they should go GOP and cause a heartbreak. But if Dems were to be on track to win, and keep outperforming there, then things break even again.

And almost northing remains from the rest of the district.

Patty Murray is performing about in line with how Biden did in the seat, maybe a little less. I think Gluesenkamp Perez’s performance is a genuine overperformance and not just the result of a blue mirage. She won Pacific County (a Trump +1 county) by about 4 points and should still win Clark by double digits when all is done. She looks on track for a 1% win when all is done.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8489 on: November 11, 2022, 04:47:49 PM »

How DARE those obvious Democrats try to make sure that everyones vote counts! *Shakes fist*

We joke but I've seen Republicans claiming outrage that our system would let voters ""alter"" a ballot after the election. That level of cope was especially thick post-2020.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #8490 on: November 11, 2022, 04:48:56 PM »

In a 218-217 House, the clear choice for a unifying Speaker is one of the non-voting members.

It's the Model UN nerds time to shine!
Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott)
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8491 on: November 11, 2022, 04:49:19 PM »

It's really hard to know how Guam or other territories would vote if they were allowed to vote in US presidential elections.  Their state politics are very different than US politics.
Before Alaska and Hawaii became states, Alaska was supposed to be Democratic and Hawaii Republican.

Missile defense and North Korea would be a big issue in Guam, and Presidential candidates would have to talk about their plans for that. That could cause idiosyncrasies similar to the idiosyncrasy of Florida with respect to Cuba and Venezuela.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8492 on: November 11, 2022, 04:49:24 PM »

Agreed and ultimately it doesn't matter. DC, Puerto Rico, and Marianas can send an entirely Trumpist delegation to the House and Senate if they want it, and that's a better and fairer situation than the status quo, which is not letting them have any. The idea that we have second class Americans is gross.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8493 on: November 11, 2022, 04:51:46 PM »

We joke but I've seen Republicans claiming outrage that our system would let voters ""alter"" a ballot after the election. That level of cope was especially thick post-2020.

We don't joke in Wisconsin because Republicans have stopped municipalities from contacting clients to let them know something is off and can be cured. So it has happened, and is evil.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8494 on: November 11, 2022, 04:52:20 PM »

I hope Adam Kinzinger becomes Speaker if Republicans take the House.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8495 on: November 11, 2022, 04:53:21 PM »

Agreed and ultimately it doesn't matter. DC, Puerto Rico, and Marianas can send an entirely Trumpist delegation to the House and Senate if they want it, and that's a better and fairer situation than the status quo, which is not letting them have any. The idea that we have second class Americans is gross.

Unfortunately that is something the majority of Republicans refuse to believe, mostly because they themselves only consider the idea based on the probability they would win those hypothetical elections and naturally assume that is why everyone else is proposing it. I feel confident saying as much at least about the posters I've argued with on this forum. I don't think it ever crossed a naysayer's mind that someone might just want other citizens to have fair representation in congress. I mean, who cares about that, amiright?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #8496 on: November 11, 2022, 04:55:12 PM »

Yeah, for it's U.S. House delegate and I believe that it's the first time in 30 years that Guam will have a GOP delegate. It was also a narrow victory.

The Democratic governor won re-election easily and Democrats gained a seat in Guam's legislature to extend their majority (from 8-7 to 9-6). Also, the majority of villages in Guam are held by Democratic Mayors (10 out of 19).

So yeah, lean blue or purple would be more accurate. Not red.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8497 on: November 11, 2022, 04:58:39 PM »

I have the feeling that CA and AZ will be a very pleasant surprise : giving the dems the majority of the House.

Let's Hope I'm not wrong but this is how I'm feeling right now 😛
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #8498 on: November 11, 2022, 05:00:37 PM »

Laxalt is finished
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8499 on: November 11, 2022, 05:05:05 PM »

Honestly am I the only one not feeling great about WA-03. It seems like the outstanding vote which even in Clark should break pretty heavily for kemp.

Coming up just short in both CO-03 and WA-03 would suck

Yes, I'm also fairly uncertain about WA-03, but I consider this more likely pick-up than CA-27, for example. Anyway without WA-03 Democratic majority seems impossible, and Joe Kent in Congress is awful, awful thing

Also we should get a more clearer picture about this race today

Past precedent says:

3K-ish left in Thurston. GOP nets a tiny bit

7K-ish left in Cowlitz. seemingly should break even

30-35K-ish left in Clark. Past precedent says they should go GOP and cause a heartbreak. But if Dems were to be on track to win, and keep outperforming there, then things break even again.

And almost northing remains from the rest of the district.

What do you mean?
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies