Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:24:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 305990 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5375 on: November 09, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »

215 is fully flippable in. 2024, the Rs didn't get wave insurance like Ds failed in SEN
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5376 on: November 09, 2022, 04:42:50 PM »

If we lose the house by only a few seats because of this NY mess....
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #5377 on: November 09, 2022, 04:43:12 PM »

Really sad Americans see supporting the sanctity of life as a bad thing.

Certainly the GOP and its most hardcore supporters do, but luckily their candidates were rejected across the country last night.

What part about allowing unborn humans to be killed without restriction conveys that they care about human life?

Sorry you got so badly owned because most Americans don't want to turn their country into 1980s Ireland man but no need for the histrionics.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5378 on: November 09, 2022, 04:43:15 PM »

Is anywhere actually counting any votes right now? It doesn't seem like we have much more information than we did at the start of the day.

There should be a Maricopa drop at 7 our time. 4.5 ish hours.

4.5 hours? But I'm mad now!
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5379 on: November 09, 2022, 04:43:21 PM »

Under rated thing from last night is what a strong bench of young governors we have as future candidates/high ranking ppl in the next D administration. Newsom, Whitmer, and Shapiro are all amazing and from big states and all mid 50s and under.

In 2020; the top democratic " talent " were Warren, Klobuchar, Harris, Booker....

Like.... not impressive.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5380 on: November 09, 2022, 04:44:00 PM »

In the end, (speaking as someone who would have voted for some of these propositions - would depend on exact wording) the pro-life movement needs to get realistic. Either you appeal to the mushy middle that is not as "consistent" as you are, or the likes of Planned Parenthood get to run the table and run the show.
Americans have broadly nuanced opinions on abortion.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5381 on: November 09, 2022, 04:44:25 PM »

Somewhat off-topic, but Biden really did fine in that press conference. Always makes me laugh when Republicans run around and claim he has dementia or is not actually in control of the government.
Biden certainly seemed to be in control of his mental facilities. I don't mind Biden being underestimated, though! Suits me just fine! I care about winning. We're going to win so much, we're going to get sick of winning! (hopefully)

I wish everyone could've seen him from my POV on Saturday at the Philly rally. We were behind him so we saw him reading his speech off the teleprompter. Even at 80 years old though, he flawlessly not only read off the teleprompter, but was able to take breaks, riff, go back to the teleprompter. That takes a lot of skill, especially at 80 years old!
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5382 on: November 09, 2022, 04:45:11 PM »

In the end, (speaking as someone who would have voted for some of these propositions - would depend on exact wording) the pro-life movement needs to get realistic. Either you appeal to the mushy middle that is not as "consistent" as you are, or the likes of Planned Parenthood get to run the table and run the show.

My mom has this opinion : Legal, but rare, and don't fund it. Leave it to private providers.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5383 on: November 09, 2022, 04:45:19 PM »

Somewhat off-topic, but Biden really did fine in that press conference. Always makes me laugh when Republicans run around and claim he has dementia or is not actually in control of the government.
Biden certainly seemed to be in control of his mental facilities. I don't mind Biden being underestimated, though! Suits me just fine! I care about winning. We're going to win so much, we're going to get sick of winning! (hopefully)

I wish everyone could've seen him from my POV on Saturday at the Philly rally. We were behind him so we saw him reading his speech off the teleprompter. Even at 80 years old though, he flawlessly not only read off the teleprompter, but was able to take breaks, riff, go back to the teleprompter. That takes a lot of skill, especially at 80 years old!
Biden really is an incredible man in a difficult job. His student loan debt policy has been vindicated.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5384 on: November 09, 2022, 04:45:20 PM »

Listening to it as well. I did find it interesting how he tried to make a hypothetical about Jan 6 in the UK and an angry mob storming parliament, and hypothetically asking what you would call that. Well, a little weird cause England did have quite a few such events, though they occurred almost 400 years ago during the wars of the three kingdoms.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5385 on: November 09, 2022, 04:45:31 PM »

While I think the November 2021 results indicated Republicans would get a wave election, it is possible Republicans were never on track for a great election. A special election on the same day as those state elections had a decent result for Democrats, and the generic ballot polling was never that grim. It could have been just lagging and Republicans would have surged like they have in past midterms. However, maybe voters were always turned off by Kevin McCarthy's national party and treated them differently to state parties initially. It will probably be impossible to determine, but knowing how much Republicans were really leading before Dobbs is critical to determining if this was a 1/6 backlash election or just a Dobbs backlash election.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5386 on: November 09, 2022, 04:46:04 PM »

Wow, the exit polls in Michigan said a whopping 45% of voters placed abortion as their top issue. No wonder it was such a massacre for Republicans in that state.

Between MI and PA now both having abortion as the #1 issue, i'd like a personal apology from every dumba$$ pundit who tried to say that Dobbs would have no impact and people would just "forget" about it after a few months. Just so god damn out of touch.
You are definitely getting a long apology from me…you were right.
I will release it officially when a few more results are called.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5387 on: November 09, 2022, 04:46:04 PM »

Any word on when we'll get the rest of Arizona and Nevada votes counted?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5388 on: November 09, 2022, 04:46:04 PM »

We almost have as many pages as House seats Democrats will win!
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5389 on: November 09, 2022, 04:46:17 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2022, 04:50:35 PM by Kamala's side hoe »

Were there any incumbents that lost for non-redistricting reasons? I guess Boebert is the main one? It's really funny how well incumbents did this year, considering the economy and how bad the "wrong track" numbers are.

This is particularly noticeable with governors. DeWine landsliding, Reynolds outperforming Grassley(!), DeSantis landslide, Evers and Whitmer winning by more than 2018, McMaster landslide, Polis landslide, Kelly (KS) surviving...incumbent governors are doing really well, except in New York and probably Nevada.

Yup, and so far the only the Senate flip has been an open seat. It's just bizarre that the mood in the country seems so awful but everyone is apparently very happy with their politicians!

I kind of wonder if the "negative mood" is at least somewhat illusory.

It’s really not, especially if you live in a techy area going through a lot of layoffs this year.

General perception among young voters and young nonwhite voters in particular is that the Dems are awful and the GOP is even worse. Hence no red wave.

We almost have as many pages as House seats Democrats will win!

Think we crossed that point a couple hours ago, but I’d love to be wrong on that.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5390 on: November 09, 2022, 04:46:25 PM »

Sorry to ask this again, but I’ve been busy all day and not able to check our usual sources.

Is NV and AZ still looking good?

What about Dem chances in the House?

And Kari Lake in AZ?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #5391 on: November 09, 2022, 04:47:25 PM »

Yeah bro. Brazil can count over 120 million ballots in a matter of hours, but a couple of cities in the desert takes days and possibly weeks to count? Get out of here!
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #5392 on: November 09, 2022, 04:48:22 PM »

The Democratic Florida

Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #5393 on: November 09, 2022, 04:48:29 PM »

From the New York Times:

Senator Lisa Murkowski, a moderate Republican, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka.  Because Alaska uses ranked choice voting, we may not know the winner until Nov. 23.  

Why not just publish all the second and third rankings of the counted vote on election night?
I'm a big supporter of RCV in general, but I don't understand why they hold off communicating the results like this.
RCV isn't precinct summable; you can't run the instant runoffs until the ballots are moved to a central location and counted together.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5394 on: November 09, 2022, 04:48:35 PM »

Sorry to ask this again, but I’ve been busy all day and not able to check our usual sources.

Is NV and AZ still looking good?

What about Dem chances in the House?

And Kari Lake in AZ?

You’ve asked this like five times I feel and the answers have not changed.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #5395 on: November 09, 2022, 04:48:59 PM »

I'm sad that you feel compelled to make decisions for women.

Like, I get being personally pro-life.  If you don't like abortion, don't do that/advocate for it in your personal life.  But why must everyone else adopt your position?  That's where choice comes into play.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5396 on: November 09, 2022, 04:49:18 PM »

While I think the November 2021 results indicated Republicans would get a wave election, it is possible Republicans were never on track for a great election. A special election on the same day as those state elections had a decent result for Democrats, and the generic ballot polling was never that grim. It could have been just lagging and Republicans would have surged like they have in past midterms. However, maybe voters were always turned off by Kevin McCarthy's national party and treated them differently to state parties initially. It will probably be impossible to determine, but knowing how much Republicans were really leading before Dobbs is critical to determining if this was a 1/6 backlash election or just a Dobbs backlash election.
A lot of people didn't understand that a state-level election not only has distinct issues from a national one most often, but it also has different stakes. Things like the issues with the Loudoun school board mattered more in a distinctly-more-local atmosphere of a state-level election. And it hurt McAuliffe. And Youngkin and other Republicans ran an excellent campaign with few mistakes. Simply extrapolating that to the wider nation was probably always fraught.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #5397 on: November 09, 2022, 04:49:35 PM »

I must say I did not think the path to holding the house ran through Don Young and Lauren Beobert's seat at the start of the year.

Y'know, I suggested twice that Alaska was the best strategic victory we could have won all through the special election cycle, I just didn't think I'd be right?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5398 on: November 09, 2022, 04:50:17 PM »

My mom has this opinion : Legal, but rare, and don't fund it. Leave it to private providers.
Is your mom a swing voter?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5399 on: November 09, 2022, 04:50:59 PM »

Unless I'm misunderstanding what Ralston is posting, it seems as though CCM stands to net gain at least 10k votes from Washoe alone, roughly assuming that the non-partisans are a wash and all the Republicans go to Laxalt and all the Dems go to her.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies