Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 11:05:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 306048 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5325 on: November 09, 2022, 04:20:41 PM »
« edited: November 09, 2022, 04:26:06 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Mob »

The only reason right now would be unexpected health issues

Speaking of which, Fetterman's health issues make him non-viable as a presidential candidate. Replace him with Polis on that list.

Cope and seethe, baby!
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #5326 on: November 09, 2022, 04:20:51 PM »

Were there any incumbents that lost for non-redistricting reasons? I guess Boebert is the main one? It's really funny how well incumbents did this year, considering the economy and how bad the "wrong track" numbers are.

This is particularly noticeable with governors. DeWine landsliding, Reynolds outperforming Grassley(!), DeSantis landslide, Evers and Whitmer winning by more than 2018, McMaster landslide, Polis landslide, Kelly (KS) surviving...incumbent governors are doing really well, except in New York and probably Nevada.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5327 on: November 09, 2022, 04:20:55 PM »

Well, DeWine is still an "Old School Republican" and Biden has known him for a long time dating back to their years in the senate.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5328 on: November 09, 2022, 04:21:14 PM »

Yes the Republicans did worse than expected. Still, I don't think I've ever seen partisans of one party ever get so jubilant over losing the House and possibly the Senate.

It's all relative, Beet -- considering many (including myself) were convinced that the Democrats were going to absolutely crater on Election Day.  In some ways and in some places, they did (FL and NY), but overall: things have been going about as well for the Democrats as possible. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5329 on: November 09, 2022, 04:21:41 PM »

Were there any incumbents that lost for non-redistricting reasons? I guess Boebert is the main one? It's really funny how well incumbents did this year, considering the economy and how bad the "wrong track" numbers are.

There's this really strange phenomenon that I've noticed that people seem to think the problem with Congress is everyone BUT their own representative. Like my parents are die hard Trumpists who absolutely despise RINOs and establishment types, yet voted for Brian Fitzpatrick. It's almost like a standoff where everyone is afraid to vote out their own representative out of fear that no one else will vote out THEIR representatives and so they'll have a different rep but everyone else will have the same one.
“People hate congress but love their congressman” is an old saying for a reason
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5330 on: November 09, 2022, 04:21:43 PM »

Is there a reason NYT hasn't called NY-18? Ryan already has a decent lead and any outstanding vote should favor him him (late mail votes). If anything, I'm suprised they called NY-17 and NY-19 as soon as they did considering how they're holding out on races like IL-17 or MT-01
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5331 on: November 09, 2022, 04:21:58 PM »

Well, DeWine is still an "Old School Republican" and Biden has known him for a long time dating back to their years in the senate.
They were together in the Senate for, uh, twelve years - among the peak years of Biden's Senate career. I can see why they would know each other and be friendly with each other.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5332 on: November 09, 2022, 04:22:27 PM »

"I don't look at [the polls] much anymore, because I'm not sure how to read them. Maybe you guys do." - President Biden
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #5333 on: November 09, 2022, 04:22:43 PM »

With Gillibrand on the ballot there are gonna be 5 Rs voted out in 24 and we will win back VA 2
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #5334 on: November 09, 2022, 04:22:57 PM »

This is particularly noticeable with governors. DeWine landsliding, Reynolds outperforming Grassley(!), DeSantis landslide, Evers and Whitmer winning by more than 2018, McMaster landslide, Polis landslide, Kelly (KS) surviving...incumbent governors are doing really well, except in New York and probably Nevada.

Speaking of which, if Jahana Hayes does win then I have to wonder if Lamont winning comfortably is what ended up saving her.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #5335 on: November 09, 2022, 04:23:17 PM »

CNN Panel currently warning Biden that he should not take a victory lap... when will these quisling freaks learn their lesson? How many elections do the Enemy of the People need to be overwhelmingly rejected in first?

Good lord... now they are discussing whether he should use this press conference to state he's not running again in 2024!! Lock them up!

Can we officially kill the idea that CNN is left-leaning? They're almost entirely responsible for both the demonization of BLM protests and Trump getting enough airtime to create his cult of personality, so I think their interests and the interests of left-wing democracy are pretty much completely unaligned at this point.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5336 on: November 09, 2022, 04:23:20 PM »

From the New York Times:

Senator Lisa Murkowski, a moderate Republican, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka.  Because Alaska uses ranked choice voting, we may not know the winner until Nov. 23. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5337 on: November 09, 2022, 04:23:25 PM »

Boebert's defeat along with Sarah Palin's kind of proves a theory I've had that promoting batsh!t views isn't anywhere near as big of a liability as sounding like a complete ditzy idiot while doing so. And yes this also applies to MTG who significantly underran other Republicans but her district is just too Republican for it to matter.

(There's probably also an element of sexism in this too honestly, see how Herschel Walker didn't have any underperformance in MTG's district.)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5338 on: November 09, 2022, 04:23:39 PM »

Yup, and so far the only the Senate flip has been an open seat. It's just bizarre that the mood in the country seems so awful but everyone is apparently very happy with their politicians!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5339 on: November 09, 2022, 04:23:49 PM »

Speaking of which, if Jahana Hayes does win then I have to wonder if Lamont winning comfortably is what ended up saving her.
Very, very likely.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5340 on: November 09, 2022, 04:26:28 PM »

Wow, the exit polls in Michigan said a whopping 45% of voters placed abortion as their top issue. No wonder it was such a massacre for Republicans in that state.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5341 on: November 09, 2022, 04:27:36 PM »

Biden just told Ron Johnson and Rick Scott to layoff Social Security and Medicare because he will veto anything they try to cut. The Democrats not making this a bigger campaign issue or it not translating in the media is a politcal fumble.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #5342 on: November 09, 2022, 04:28:05 PM »

Looking at CNN's house map: 187 seats are called for Democrats. There are a bunch of uncalled safe D seats in California because not enough votes have come in (6,9,15,21,25,26,34,37). That gives us 195. Add the three D held Nevada seats, AZ-4, WA-10, and CO-8. That gives us 201.

Adding in the seats Democrats currently lead in (excluding CA-41 because only 28% reporting):

CT-5, 842 vote lead, 81% reporting
NY-18, 686 vote lead, 97% reporting
IL-17, 2,235 vote lead, 77% reporting
NM-2, 966 vote lead, 99% reporting
OR-6, 4,572 vote lead, 66% reporting
WA-3, 11,067 vote lead, 59% reporting
WA-8, 11,067 vote lead, 57% reporting
CO-4, 2,201 vote lead, 92% reporting
CA-47, 938 vote lead, 58% reporting
CA-49, 3,644 vote lead, 57% reporting
AK, weird cause of RCV, 77% reporting

plus MD-6 which has a Republican currently ahead (70% reporting), but almost all of the remaining vote is in D areas gives us:

215 seats.

Isn't this only 213? (And I assume you mean CO-03 not CO-04)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5343 on: November 09, 2022, 04:28:30 PM »

Boebert's defeat along with Sarah Palin's kind of proves a theory I've had that promoting batsh!t views isn't anywhere near as big of a liability as sounding like a complete ditzy idiot while doing so. And yes this also applies to MTG who significantly underran other Republicans but her district is just too Republican for it to matter.

(There's probably also an element of sexism in this too honestly, see how Herschel Walker didn't have any underperformance in MTG's district.)

Almost definitely. That right-wing pastor I posted about who said that MTG should have stayed home "obeying" her husband and that any man who "lets" his wife run for office is a "pathetic beta" undoubtedly speaks for a decent amount of far right Republicans.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5344 on: November 09, 2022, 04:28:38 PM »

What gets me about New York is that Democrats held up well in the state senate races that overlapped said disastrous congressional seats. If I were the DCCC, I’d be asking Jim Skoufis, Michelle Hinchey and John Mannion (if he survives) to run in NY-17, NY-19, and NY-22 in 2024, respectively.

After being screwed over by Maloney, I'd be willing to give Mondaire Jones another shot at NY-17.

And for NY-22 I'd go all in on getting Brindisi to come back.

I’m always of the belief that new blood is better. Rematches don’t tend to go well.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5345 on: November 09, 2022, 04:29:08 PM »

Democrats must consider how they can best follow the bold strategy of running an all-milf ticket in other states

I'm amazed that Republicans thought hitting Dana Nessel on the issue of *checks notes* getting blackout drunk at a college football tailgate was a good idea.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #5346 on: November 09, 2022, 04:29:46 PM »

From the New York Times:

Senator Lisa Murkowski, a moderate Republican, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka.  Because Alaska uses ranked choice voting, we may not know the winner until Nov. 23.  

Why not just publish all the second and third rankings of the counted vote on election night?
I'm a big supporter of RCV in general, but I don't understand why they hold off communicating the results like this.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5347 on: November 09, 2022, 04:29:46 PM »

Almost definitely. That right-wing pastor I posted about who said that MTG should have stayed home "obeying" her husband and that any man who "lets" his wife run for office is a "pathetic beta" undoubtedly speaks for a decent amount of far right Republicans.
That's the funny thing about double standards. They cut both ways. While women in politics are generally net beneficiaries from gender-based double standards in how people are seen, there are ALWAYS going to be net losers.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5348 on: November 09, 2022, 04:31:36 PM »

From the New York Times:

Senator Lisa Murkowski, a moderate Republican, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka.  Because Alaska uses ranked choice voting, we may not know the winner until Nov. 23. 

Murkowski losing would be a great outcome, but I'm not holding my breath after her 2010 write-in victory over Joe Miller.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #5349 on: November 09, 2022, 04:32:06 PM »

Yup, and so far the only the Senate flip has been an open seat. It's just bizarre that the mood in the country seems so awful but everyone is apparently very happy with their politicians!

I kind of wonder if the "negative mood" is at least somewhat illusory.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies