Opinion of Mr X.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:03:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Mr X.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of this poster/moderator?
FF

Hp

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Opinion of Mr X.  (Read 1008 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2022, 10:03:42 AM »

FF on balance
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 10:31:09 AM »

Didn't he unironically think the jogger thing was actually a big deal that would doom Fetterman?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 10:51:52 AM »

Didn't he unironically think the jogger thing was actually a big deal that would doom Fetterman?

I think this is part of his bias toward establishment/corporate/centrist candidates (e.g. he feels that the DSCC was right to coronate candidates in Democratic Senate primaries from the mid-2000s to 2020, even though many such candidates ended up falling short in their respective general election contests).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 12:17:54 PM »

Massive FF
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 12:19:23 PM »

I mean it could have hid opponents simply didn't drill it in enough. Oz has been focusing on other things but if he consistently hit him on this it would be very effective
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 01:12:02 PM »

FF as a poster with some interesting takes, abhorrent as a moderator. Singlehandedly has turned USGD into the hellscape it is. I voted FF but please step down as moderator.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 01:25:39 PM »

I don't agree with all of his opinions (particularly his dissing of my most beautiful maps!), or mod calls for that matter, but he is diligent and sincere and intellectually honest, without guile, and not mean or vindictive. I have seen him drop the mod hammer upon those one would assume are his political allies as it were, and not once or twice, but several times. I admire him. He adds a lot to the forum community. Indeed, it is people like him that make it work, and without posters like him, this community would not long endure.
kwabbit

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 01:59:10 PM »

FF as a poster with some interesting takes, abhorrent as a moderator. Singlehandedly has turned USGD into the hellscape it is. I voted FF but please step down as moderator.

What did he do to turn USGD into a hellscape?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2022, 02:08:42 PM »

Don't bother. RC is a troll who manages to have the deluded take on almost everything. I mean, yes, USGD is a hellscape, but to blame any one poster (moderator or otherwise) for that, is pretty ludicrous, is it not?

Anyway, flawed FF.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2022, 02:09:08 PM »

Why the strong HP majority? Is there something I missed? He seems to be an FF to me, honestly.
kwabbit

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2022, 02:35:36 PM »

Why the strong HP majority? Is there something I missed? He seems to be an FF to me, honestly.

I think he’s FF, but maybe a little hackish and a little prickly? Most people aren’t a fan of moderators either, but I don’t use USGD very much so I don’t know what’s he like in that regard.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2022, 02:39:41 PM »

Mr X has taken the lead on deleting posts that are permissible within the site TOS but disagree with the majority's opinion. The following positions are deleted and ultimately will result in a user being muted from USGD (has happened to me, as well as several others):

(1) The 2020 election was not 100% free and fair.
(2) Russia did not definitively hack the DNC in 2016.
(3) Covid was not a 100% naturally occurring mutation.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2022, 02:44:58 PM »

Worst moderator on the site by a long shot.
kwabbit

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2022, 02:45:47 PM »

Mr X has taken the lead on deleting posts that are permissible within the site TOS but disagree with the majority's opinion. The following positions are deleted and ultimately will result in a user being muted from USGD (has happened to me, as well as several others):

I thought COVID being a lab leak (not an intentional one) wasn’t even fringe at this point. As in a substantial amount of scientists don’t dismiss that theory given there’s a gain of function coronavirus lab in Wuhan.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2022, 02:46:30 PM »

I thought COVID being a lab leak (not an intentional one) wasn’t even fringe at this point. As in a substantial amount of scientists don’t dismiss that theory given there’s a gain of function coronavirus lab in Wuhan.
Try posting about it (or those other two positions) on USGD and see what happens.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2022, 02:47:07 PM »

And he infracted Mr. Reactionary for calling CRT racist.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2022, 03:04:09 PM »

Try posting about it (or those other two positions) on USGD and see what happens.

I agree that #2 should not be moderated, but #1 is not a position. It is a lie and a debunked conspiracy theory. Spreading election lies on a forum that originated as a place to discuss elections, surprise, surprise, isn't going to fly.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 03:09:37 PM »

I agree that #2 should not be moderated, but #1 is not a position. It is a lie and a debunked conspiracy theory. Spreading election lies on a forum that originated as a place to discuss elections, surprise, surprise, isn't going to fly.
Stating that 2000 was not free and fair is perfectly fine on the board. Also, if not debating the validity of 2020 is against the site rules, it should be reflected in the TOS.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2022, 03:18:23 PM »

Stating that 2000 was not free and fair is perfectly fine on the board. Also, if not debating the validity of 2020 is against the site rules, it should be reflected in the TOS.

2000 and 2020? False equivalency, as I and enough others have explained.

And honestly, you might not be fully wrong. I'm not sure that spreading the Big Lie should necessarily be moderation-worthy. All of us know it's a lie, and us seeing you post about it will just be a helpful alert/reminder that you're an idiot who should not be taken seriously (and this applies not just to you, but to Fuzzy Bear, and FairBol, and all the other Big Lie believes on this site). So, yeah. You should have the right to post about the 2020 election and the Big Lie. It's not like it's going to change anybody's mind, and I suppose you should be allowed to say it, even if it's a lie (it's not like we don't allow any lies to be posted, period, unless it's highly misleading stuff that many people actually end up believing - if it's a lie that we all KNOW is a lie, why not let you post it and deal with the response that results?).
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2022, 05:25:53 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2022, 05:48:55 PM by Infraction 94 »

Regardless of how he is personally (I'm sure he's a good dude), I don't think he should be a moderator. In fact, I think he's the worst current moderator, and I thought that making him one was a terrible decision. This is my personal opinion, and that's all I care to say on the matter.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2022, 06:19:34 PM »

Worst moderator on the site by a long shot. i don't understand how he's still a mod
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2022, 08:17:24 PM »

Not the best moderator, but FF overall.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P