A thread for random and miscellaneous musings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:46:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A thread for random and miscellaneous musings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: A thread for random and miscellaneous musings  (Read 6793 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2022, 06:02:24 PM »

Anton Cermak to FDR: “I love you so much, Mr. President-elect—I’d take a bullet for you”
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2022, 09:59:46 AM »

Y’all know what really grinds my gears? Young people who go on and on ab the past. Like the other day I was seeing a few buddies I went to high school with and nearly the only thing we do nowadays at gatherings is rewatch the same B-Roll Sony Vegas-edited action movies we filmed several years ago now. Like bro we just graduated college and are only getting started in the real world. That perpetual reminiscence sh**t is drawlin I’m tryna live life not spend my 20s emulating some old retirement home coot.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2022, 07:24:55 PM »

Really a shame that Prince Philip didn’t make it to 100. Gone too soon!
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2022, 07:51:26 PM »

Just took a mandatory training that defined sexual harrassment to include flirting and asking someone out. No wonder young people are having so much less sex!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2022, 07:59:38 PM »

Just took a mandatory training that defined sexual harrassment to include flirting and asking someone out. No wonder young people are having so much less sex!
This puritanism could be the end of this nation's future, as we know it.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2022, 01:48:39 AM »

tfw you forget to give Jefferson one more vote than Burr, leading to a permanent change in how the President and Vice President are elected and a permanent change to Alexander Hamilton (death).
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2022, 12:34:46 PM »

Just substitute the term “sexual harassment” with “sexual sin” and you’re deep in fundie evangelical territory.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2022, 09:52:05 AM »

The most progressive country in the world (however little this sort of comparison means) is actually Costa Rica, followed by Uruguay.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2022, 07:37:52 PM »

The acronym "NSFW" has more syllables than what it stands for.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2022, 10:39:57 AM »

This most recent Christmas episode of Bob's Burgers made me cry.  The last five minutes....
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2023, 04:42:21 PM »

Thesis: Descartes
Antithesis: Hume
Synthesis: Kant

Hegel: My God, this is the Dialectic. I have solved it!

Marx: Well Actually,
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2023, 11:31:42 PM »

It's kind of odd how many fewer conspiracy theories there are about the attempted assassination of Reagan than the Kennedy assassination. Like, the idea that a communist former marine could kill the President single-handedly is seen as a huge lift for some people, but some rando trying to impress Jodie Foster just walking up to the President and shooting him after 18 years of added security measures and everyone's like "yep, I can see it."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2023, 07:38:52 AM »

Users preemptively the investigation by talking about impeachment lol how many threads
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2023, 10:22:40 PM »

One of the proudest calling cards of my youthful Jersey Shore vacations.

I've bought them from the local sub shop here in Ohio.

It's kind of odd how many fewer conspiracy theories there are about the attempted assassination of Reagan than the Kennedy assassination. Like, the idea that a communist former marine could kill the President single-handedly is seen as a huge lift for some people, but some rando trying to impress Jodie Foster just walking up to the President and shooting him after 18 years of added security measures and everyone's like "yep, I can see it."

It's funny when you think about it, but ultimately people aren't willing to devote the same amount of thought to an attempt that failed. I'm sure it would've been huge had it succeeded.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2023, 10:41:10 PM »

Ketchup with eggs is actually really great.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2023, 11:06:52 PM »

If you think about it, at their cores, both parties are the same...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2023, 10:18:40 AM »

In trying Coca-Cola's Dreamworld flavor, it's vastly superior to their last weird, concept-based flavor of "Starlight," which was one of the most repulsive sodas I have ever tried in all my years as a novelty soda connoisseur.

Not much of a pop drinker, at least, I try not to be, but but Starlight > Dreamworld.

Obviously I disagree, but I'm curious what you thought both tasted like.

Dreamworld tasted like some sort of tropical fruit. Either mango or pineapple, I'm not entirely sure.

And Starlight tasted like s'mores. usually I love s'mores flavored things, but it translates atrociously to a cola based soft drink.

Reject modernity (cola), embrace tradition (root beer)

A&W (burger restaurant in Canada) had a reputation for their root beer, and in fact now sells it totally separate from their restaurant. Coca Cola distributes it in Canada. Anyways, when I was a young kid in the 1990's, A&W offered a root beer milkshake on their menu. That's something to try if you ever get your hands on a time machine.

We called it a A&W root beer float, and it was a favorite of mine in LA back before the Beatles became a thing, until I decided I did not want to be a chub. Now I think root beer is one of the most awful things ever. The body works in mysterious ways.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2023, 02:31:04 PM »

The current TV/Movie landscape resembles the studio based "Classic Hollywood" of the 30s-60s more than The Auteur driven "New Hollywood", only instead of star power, it's franchise power.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2023, 08:28:17 PM »

In trying Coca-Cola's Dreamworld flavor, it's vastly superior to their last weird, concept-based flavor of "Starlight," which was one of the most repulsive sodas I have ever tried in all my years as a novelty soda connoisseur.

Not much of a pop drinker, at least, I try not to be, but but Starlight > Dreamworld.

Dreamworld tasted like some sort of tropical fruit. Either mango or pineapple, I'm not entirely sure.

And Starlight tasted like s'mores. usually I love s'mores flavored things, but it translates atrociously to a cola based soft drink.

A&W (burger restaurant in Canada) had a reputation for their root beer, and in fact now sells it totally separate from their restaurant. Coca Cola distributes it in Canada. Anyways, when I was a young kid in the 1990's, A&W offered a root beer milkshake on their menu. That's something to try if you ever get your hands on a time machine.

We called it a A&W root beer float, and it was a favorite of mine in LA back before the Beatles became a thing, until I decided I did not want to be a chub. Now I think root beer is one of the most awful things ever. The body works in mysterious ways.

I thought A&W was a root beer company first who branched out into drive in restaurants afterwards as a side project.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2023, 08:45:58 PM »

I thought A&W was a root beer company first who branched out into drive in restaurants afterwards as a side project.

That is probably right, but we went to the drive-ins to get the floats, and never ever bought the "beer" in a market. Root beer without soft vanilla ice cream, is like bacon without eggs, or a bagel without cream cheese.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2023, 09:31:14 PM »

I seriously need to stop calling people "nice" and start saying "kind." Nice people act like they care, kind people don't have to act because they already are. At least how I've come to interpret it.

That seems a bit generous and presumptive.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2023, 07:08:49 PM »

Someone needs to invent a product that removes color dye after it stains your tongue when you eat candy, specifically blue candy.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2023, 05:11:33 PM »

John Lennon looking very normal:

sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2023, 07:19:15 PM »

My new favorite Youtuber. OBLIVIATED OBLIVIATED OBLIVIATED OBLIVIATED OBLIVIATED
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2023, 07:57:56 PM »

I miss when Super Bowl commercials were this funny.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies