A thread for random and miscellaneous musings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:50:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A thread for random and miscellaneous musings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: A thread for random and miscellaneous musings  (Read 6408 times)
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2022, 10:05:45 PM »

What would AshamedModerate2's posts be like if he posted here?
The Smiling Face On Your TV
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2022, 11:18:51 AM »

In case you people ever wonder where I get it from
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2022, 05:10:38 PM »

My IQ decreases every time I post on this forum and increases every hour I'm away

Coincidence?
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2022, 08:17:20 PM »

You're a true Lancaster Countian if you can correctly point out Elizabeth Township and Elizabethtown on a map without guessing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2022, 09:27:09 PM »

You know when players throw the ball into the stands after a win? Apparently you can't do that in bowling
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2022, 09:36:44 PM »

You're a true Lancaster Countian if you can correctly point out Elizabeth Township and Elizabethtown on a map without guessing.

[points to Bird-in-Hand, Blue Ball, Intercourse, and Lititz]
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2022, 09:45:20 PM »

If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2022, 10:05:32 PM »

Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2022, 10:12:15 AM »

Little Free Libraries are the best example of Gresham's Law. No matter what you stock them with, a month later it'll be all James Patterson.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2022, 02:24:30 PM »

Little Free Libraries are the best example of Gresham's Law. No matter what you stock them with, a month later it'll be all James Patterson.

Too recent.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2022, 03:29:57 PM »

Joe Biden is the first conservative President since Jimmy Carter.
Boobs
HCP

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2022, 12:39:22 PM »

When I was young, I was told of the prophecy by my great-grandmother, Nohealani Hussein, that when I am an adult, I would fight three wars in my lifetime: the first, an inner one; the second, one waged with another country, as a nation in itself; and the final, a fight to end human conflict itself. She told me she was born when there was no human conflict. From her I would pick up a message in this age: “A true nation, a people’s revolution, and a universal peace.”

On this day, I stand as the child of a nation whose ancestors had it all and lost all; whose freedom was brutally wrested; whose heritage was forcibly removed to other lands; whose natural environment was transformed; whose language was suppressed, her soul killed. She lost her children to foreign hands, to the blood lust of foreign armies. Her men who fought for freedom were not treated as equal citizens, having no vote in national policy, having no say in matters of national security, they were regarded simply as cannon fodder, “the poor bloody rijas,” to be used up until they fell or until their deaths were required.

On this day, I stand as the child of a people who, without struggle, accepted their fate with fatalism and resignation. They accepted the false choice; the “do what thou wilt.” They surrendered to what they accepted as the inevitable, accepting the “man of the machine as the new man.” They took what they had and let it go, as they were never intended to have it; to “own it as not their own” and let it die as a dead shell. Today we find it impossible for her to own it, knowing that is what is meant to happen, for it is her true and only nature.

On this day, I stand as the child of a war fought entirely under the veil of secrecy, the war that has left in our wake a land of unspeakable horror, of secret wars and “covert” military operations whose existence is now acknowledged. For she has no memory as it used to be, only this; for it is not a people living, for they do not know themselves, but one seeking to survive as a species and a species they have destroyed.

As I stand today, as I breathe her air and feel her atmosphere, as the child, I will look at her and say, without reservation: I am one of the lucky few, I am a descendant of the “chosen people.” She does not have to fear the future: with me, it will be brighter and more full of hope than at any other time in her history. With me, it will be one day at a time, for tomorrow will be better than today. With me, it will begin by recognizing her and all its problems for what they really are, for it has been an “unconceivable problem.” With me, no matter what I do, no matter what I decide, it will not affect her because its very definition and existence are the result of her very nature, for it belongs to that nature as much as it is the product of a mind that has rejected the very ground on which she walks and, thereby, it has become lost to her.

In my eyes, “she” cannot speak, for she does not know how to express herself in words, for it cannot be expressed in words, only lived. She has been conditioned and her soul is dead. She is not the one who walks the earth now, only the “chosen people.” Her soul is gone and now she has become a shadow, a “shadow of a soul.”

To her, I will say: “You can always do whatever you desire, do what you wish with your own. For it is always there, in your nature. You will see more of each other as time goes by. You will learn to read each other, to respect what each sees, and to understand what each has to offer. You cannot get what you want, only what you can live with or find peace in what you are, what you have. When it is gone, it is gone forever, only peace remains, because peace is only what is not lost to you, what you have left for a reason, what you have been given by something of life that you will never lose."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2022, 09:05:52 AM »

You ever think about World Turtles?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2022, 02:53:15 PM »

We should have a thread for posters to share their politically oriented sniglets.
Time to make one?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2022, 07:17:01 PM »

In trying Coca-Cola's Dreamworld flavor, it's vastly superior to their last weird, concept-based flavor of "Starlight," which was one of the most repulsive sodas I have ever tried in all my years as a novelty soda connoisseur.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2022, 09:57:33 PM »

I agree with Aristotle a lot more than Plato, but (as a non Christian) the neo-Platonist understanding of Christianity seems a lot more appealing than the neo-Aristotelian one. This might just be that Aquinas strikes me as a spectacularly dull person.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2022, 10:48:33 PM »

Geno at the Wells Fargo Center: "This is MY swamp!"
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2022, 02:24:13 PM »

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2022, 06:16:27 PM »

sun worshippers should be sentenced to hard labor in the copper mines of arizona

Whatever the opposite of sun worshippers are should be forced to drill oil in the Alaskan midnight sun

Shame there's no third version (centrist)

slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2022, 04:34:04 PM »

Everyone condemns imperialism until they spend a week in Santa Monica and realize James K. Polk did absolutely nothing wrong when he got Cali.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2022, 10:40:56 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2022, 10:47:54 AM by kcguy »

A week ago, I was in a bank lobby, and one of the customers--clearly a retiree--was complaining about how long the line was taking, and it was clear that he intentionally did it loud enough for the harried teller to hear.

Does anyone think one of the major coming splits in society is going to be between people who work for a living and people who USED TO work for a living?  

Because any time I'm around retirees, it seems like they not only can't relate to the modern workplace, but they've also romanticized how superhuman their own exploits as workers were.  Like they do more in a typical day to earn their Social Security than the average contributor to society does to earn their wages.

EDIT:  This doesn't apply to my work life personally.  I don't have a lot of client contact, and my clients tend to be other professionals.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2022, 12:28:43 AM »

Non-Britons are born free. But everywhere one obsesses over the British monarchy, he is in chains.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2022, 06:34:08 AM »

In trying Coca-Cola's Dreamworld flavor, it's vastly superior to their last weird, concept-based flavor of "Starlight," which was one of the most repulsive sodas I have ever tried in all my years as a novelty soda connoisseur.

Not much of a pop drinker, at least, I try not to be, but but Starlight > Dreamworld.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2022, 08:31:05 PM »

I tried to join the Nonconformist Club, but I just couldn't fit in.
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2022, 02:31:00 PM »

Owls probably make half of all the strange off-putting sounds in the woods.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies