FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:45:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 118029 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2022, 12:12:57 PM »

I mean, this pretty much says it all.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #276 on: August 09, 2022, 12:16:36 PM »

It's so crazy that none of these Republicans have stopped for one second to think... maybe, just maybe, Trump is actually guilty of wrongdoing and there's a reason he's seeing consequences for those actions.

It's almost like a make-believe world where there's just *no way* that Trump could be guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever. Like it's not even possible in their mind.
They do not care and neither do I. The Optics of the FBI & DOJ look very bad. They need to tell the Country soon what this is about otherwise it will be seen as a "Political Witch Hunt".

What you and other Trump supporters think is irrelevant because you are obsessed with the man and think his is incapable of wrong. A Trump appointee signed off on the warrant so that says everything.
Has nothing to do with being obsessed. This has everything to do with Democrats trying to win future Elections. Democrats/Biden know as long as Trump can go around the Country exite the GOP Base they could lose Elections but if they lock him up they win.

I can guarantee you if Garland doesn't manage to indict Trump before the House changes hands in January his case will go up in smoke.

McCarthy, Stefanik have already indictated with strong Statements that they would protect Trump/stall the case and McCarthy already threatened to subpoena Garland and get his Records.

Garland will be impeached and so will Biden if Republicans take back the House.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2022, 12:24:19 PM »

Bla bla bla bla.

If the terrorist party will win the House in November they will impeach Biden anyway. That was always going to happen.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2022, 12:30:53 PM »

Our country is doomed the day I agree with Andrew Cuomo.

I agree with him…and I guess you Sad

lol

Agreement in that we need to know the reason and it better be a legit reason. Something serious.

I do think Trump is a shady man with probably a lot of skeletons in his closet, and I’m sure there is a lot to go after him. We should be allowed to know what it is.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2022, 12:37:43 PM »

They do not care and neither do I. The Optics of the FBI & DOJ look very bad. They need to tell the Country soon what this is about otherwise it will be seen as a "Political Witch Hunt".

The only people who think this is a political witch hunt are brain-dead Trump supporters like you.

Clearly, this is all about keeping Trump & January 6th in the News. Democrats think Trump is a winning Issue for them this November.

I say to all of them: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR see the McAuliffe/Youngkin Race last year where McAuliffe made this all about Trump and it did not prove to be successful.

Democrats shooting themselves in the foot here.

"Democrats" are not doing anything. This was the FBI, which is run by a Republican Trump appointee.
Yup. This is a republican-led FBI (called "Trump land" by insiders in 2016), approved by a Trump-judge. Garland has certainly not been a first-mover on this by any stretch. What the hell do people want here? Do they want Trump to be immune to any prosecution. Did they have the same concerns for Hillary Clinton in 2016?
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2022, 12:42:32 PM »

This has only further highlighted the deep divide between Americans for me. Half the country thinks this is the greatest thing that has ever happened while the other half is completely disgusted. I don’t know how we are going to last as a country when we live in different realities.

I’ll own up to being part of it as I cannot fathom the mindset of someone who thinks Trump is fit to be president. It’s so utterly alien to me that I can’t begin to come to an understanding of how someone could possibly think this man is some sort of great leader or paragon of strength and wisdom.

I’m just not sure how we can solve the polarization here.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2022, 12:45:36 PM »

It's so crazy that none of these Republicans have stopped for one second to think... maybe, just maybe, Trump is actually guilty of wrongdoing and there's a reason he's seeing consequences for those actions.

It's almost like a make-believe world where there's just *no way* that Trump could be guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever. Like it's not even possible in their mind.

What you and other Trump supporters think is irrelevant because you are obsessed with the man and think his is incapable of wrong. A Trump appointee signed off on the warrant so that says everything.
Has nothing to do with being obsessed. This has everything to do with Democrats trying to win future Elections. Democrats/Biden know as long as Trump can go around the Country exite the GOP Base they could lose Elections but if they lock him up they win.

I can guarantee you if Garland doesn't manage to indict Trump before the House changes hands in January his case will go up in smoke.

McCarthy, Stefanik have already indictated with strong Statements that they would protect Trump/stall the case and McCarthy already threatened to subpoena Garland and get his Records.

Garland will be impeached and so will Biden if Republicans take back the House.

The FBI director is a Republican. A Trump appointed judge signed off on the warrant. And trust me, no Democrat would have signed off on this out of fear of it looking political. Calling for Garland and Biden to be impeached is a political move, yet you don't realize how hypocritical you sound. That is sad.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2022, 12:47:17 PM »

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2022, 12:49:18 PM »

This has only further highlighted the deep divide between Americans for me. Half the country thinks this is the greatest thing that has ever happened while the other half is completely disgusted. I don’t know how we are going to last as a country when we live in different realities.

I’ll own up to being part of it as I cannot fathom the mindset of someone who thinks Trump is fit to be president. It’s so utterly alien to me that I can’t begin to come to an understanding of how someone could possibly think this man is some sort of great leader or paragon of strength and wisdom.

I’m just not sure how we can solve the polarization here.

Polarization isn't going to be solved, so we shouldn't worry about it; we must focus on uncovering the truth and pursuing justice.

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2022, 12:57:09 PM »

Our country is doomed the day I agree with Andrew Cuomo.

I agree with him…and I guess you Sad

lol

Agreement in that we need to know the reason and it better be a legit reason. Something serious.

I do think Trump is a shady man with probably a lot of skeletons in his closet, and I’m sure there is a lot to go after him. We should be allowed to know what it is.

Damn man.  Agreeing with Cuomo and you in one day?  I'm outta here.  Cheesy
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2022, 01:05:20 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #286 on: August 09, 2022, 01:08:08 PM »

Even Andrew Cuomo tweeted this and the Cuomo’s are pretty anti Trump :

He's saying this because he has his own bodies hidden and knows he's next if the DoJ actually does their job.
Constitutional Democrats for Trump
Gold Democrat
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: 3.57

« Reply #287 on: August 09, 2022, 01:08:31 PM »

Astonishing abuse of power. I can't defend this lawless administration anymore.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2022, 01:10:47 PM »

Oh my lord, this meme is beyond awesome! Especially "Jack", what Biden actually said during the 2020 campaign.

This news actually made my day, the first headline I read and is still one of the top stories even in Europe right now. Definitely caught me by surprise.

Quite telling how his cult and the entire Republican Party is triggered and how they're now attacking law enforcement which they pretend to support. Just stupid hypocrites. They launched a years-long smear campaign against Hillary Clinton for her handling of classified information that turned out meritless. But perfectly fine when Trump essentially steals classified info before leaving office. So will he have the stamina to testify for 11 hours before the House?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #289 on: August 09, 2022, 01:19:18 PM »

Oh my lord, this meme is beyond awesome! Especially "Jack", what Biden actually said during the 2020 campaign.

This news actually made my day, the first headline I read and is still one of the top stories even in Europe right now. Definitely caught me by surprise.

Quite telling how his cult and the entire Republican Party is triggered and how they're now attacking law enforcement which they pretend to support. Just stupid hypocrites. They launched a years-long smear campaign against Hillary Clinton for her handling of classified information that turned out meritless. But perfectly fine when Trump essentially steals classified info before leaving office. So will he have the stamina to testify for 11 hours before the House?

I know we had a similar debate to this a couple years back but if Trump didn’t give that info to anyone else is going after him worth risking further unrest and also opening up the precedent for future presidents to be investigated. These are questions I believe are important to take into account

Obama didn’t go after anyone in the Bush admin cause he didn’t want to open up that precedent . This is more than just Trump imo .

If you want to go criminally after him , just focus on Jan 6th imo and nothing else
EJ24
United States

« Reply #290 on: August 09, 2022, 01:24:52 PM »

The same Republicans who think this is "Banana Republic" abuse by the FBI were okay with every incident of a black person strangled in the street or shot to death over "resisting".
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #291 on: August 09, 2022, 01:28:35 PM »

If you want to go criminally after him , just focus on Jan 6th imo and nothing else

We all saw the photos of clear plastic boxes full of documents being packed up from the White House on Jan 19-20, 2021.  Why not try to find out whether or not he was illegally absconding with papers that were subject to the Presidential Records Act?

It'd be nice to hold Trump accountable for literally any of his crimes, but why focus on one specific avenue and ignore all others?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #292 on: August 09, 2022, 01:29:28 PM »

The same Republicans who think this is "Banana Republic" abuse by the FBI were okay with every incident of a black person strangled in the street or shot to death over "resisting".

There is a certain segment of the Republican Party that believes the cops should go after criminals -- but they define "criminals" as a distinct class of society (generally overlapping with  racial or economic groups) instead of "people who commit crimes".
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #293 on: August 09, 2022, 01:31:31 PM »

I think everyone is ignoring the most likely possibility here - Trump has committed massive tax fraud and that is why they broke into his safe
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2022, 01:32:19 PM »

We all saw the photos of clear plastic boxes full of documents being packed up from the White House on Jan 19-20, 2021.  Why not try to find out whether or not he was illegally absconding with papers that were subject to the Presidential Records Act?

It'd be nice to hold Trump accountable for literally any of his crimes, but why focus on one specific avenue and ignore all others?

Cause of the precedent you would set . Like I said should Bush have been prosecuted for Guantanamo Bay or Obama for drones
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2022, 01:33:17 PM »

I think everyone is ignoring the most likely possibility here - Trump has committed massive tax fraud and that is why they broke into his safe

He would need to be making money to have a motive to commit tax fraud.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #296 on: August 09, 2022, 01:35:35 PM »

I know we had a similar debate to this a couple years back but if Trump didn’t give that info to anyone else is going after him worth risking further unrest and also opening up the precedent for future presidents to be investigated. These are questions I believe are important to take into account

Obama didn’t go after anyone in the Bush admin cause he didn’t want to open up that precedent . This is more than just Trump imo .

No, the Justice Department and FBI should follow anything where is evidence of criminal behavior. Apparently this is the case here, why a judge approved the search warrant. Nobody should be above the law, not even former presidents.

Just because the Obama Administration should have prosecuted some bankers doesn't mean Trump should be left alone now. This was totally approriate, and blaming Biden is bizarre because it's unlikely he has even informed in advance. Unlike Trump, he doesn't interfere in the department's day-today-business because he believes independent law enforcement and the rule of law.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2022, 01:35:57 PM »

We all saw the photos of clear plastic boxes full of documents being packed up from the White House on Jan 19-20, 2021.  Why not try to find out whether or not he was illegally absconding with papers that were subject to the Presidential Records Act?

Cause of the precedent you would set . Like I said should Bush have been prosecuted for Guantanamo Bay or Obama for drones

Why not?  If crimes have been committed, they should be impartially investigated and prosecuted if necessary.  Anything else is a deeply troubling excuse for abuse of power.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #298 on: August 09, 2022, 01:36:29 PM »

This is basically the Republican argument right now.

To some extent, it is true - and there are valuable lessons in that.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2022, 01:37:34 PM »

Andrew Lang is now a White Supremacist?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies