FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:35:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 118101 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2022, 11:19:52 AM »

If this is not related to the January 6th investigation then yes this is bad . Otherwise this opens up other presidents for prosecution given pretty much every president probably could be convicted under abuse of power statues and they would every time the other side takes the White House .

Jan 6th was the exception because of how bad it is , but this does not come to meeting that level. Otherwise abuse of power charges could pretty much lead to the prosecution of Bush , Obama and maybe even Clinton as well

If Trump stashed national security secrets in his home safe and hasn't complied with surrendering them resulting in the FBI bring involved, should be just be allowed to get away with it?

Of course not. And the same goes for Bush, Obama, and maybe even Clinton. Lock them all up if warranted.

He he gave those to others than yes I’d agree then he should be charged otherwise no . I think these crimes are the ones that presidents really should be charged with :

- Treason
- Trying to illegally overturn elections
- Trying to Physically harm political opponents

Other than that let the political arena and the public  deal the consequences out

Stealing state secrets that may cause harm to political opponents or may aid foreign interests is pretty treasonous.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2022, 11:23:29 AM »

Clearly, this is all about keeping Trump & January 6th in the News. Democrats think Trump is a winning Issue for them this November.

I say to all of them: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR see the McAuliffe/Youngkin Race last year where McAuliffe made this all about Trump and it did not prove to be successful.

Democrats shooting themselves in the foot here.

If Trump is convicted Ron DeSantis instantly becomes Trumps Successor of the MAGA Movement and DeSantis is harder to beat for Democrats than Trump is.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2022, 11:25:42 AM »

Clearly, this is all about keeping Trump & January 6th in the News. Democrats think Trump is a winning Issue for them this November.

I say to all of them: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR see the McAuliffe/Youngkin Race last year where McAuliffe made this all about Trump and it did not prove to be successful.

If Trump is convicted Ron DeSantis instantly becomes Trumps Successor of the MAGA Movement and DeSantis is harder to beat for Democrats than Trump is.

DeSantis' political skills are vastly overrated. It really wouldn't matter.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2022, 11:26:24 AM »

If this is not related to the January 6th investigation then yes this is bad . Otherwise this opens up other presidents for prosecution given pretty much every president probably could be convicted under abuse of power statues and they would every time the other side takes the White House .

Jan 6th was the exception because of how bad it is , but this does not come to meeting that level. Otherwise abuse of power charges could pretty much lead to the prosecution of Bush , Obama and maybe even Clinton as well

If Trump stashed national security secrets in his home safe and hasn't complied with surrendering them resulting in the FBI bring involved, should be just be allowed to get away with it?

Of course not. And the same goes for Bush, Obama, and maybe even Clinton. Lock them all up if warranted.

He he gave those to others than yes I’d agree then he should be charged otherwise no . I think these crimes are the ones that presidents really should be charged with :

- Treason
- Trying to illegally overturn elections
- Trying to Physically harm political opponents

Other than that let the political arena and the public  deal the consequences out

Stealing state secrets that may cause harm to political opponents or may aid foreign interests is pretty treasonous.

If he gave those secrets to others yes than this is justified but that’s why we need the DOJ to be fully transparent with the public
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2022, 11:27:41 AM »

Even Andrew Cuomo tweeted this and the Cuomo’s are pretty anti Trump :

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2022, 11:28:31 AM »

Cuomo is not exactly the example of intergrity.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2022, 11:28:45 AM »

Literally who on this planet gives a sh*t what Andrew Cuomo thinks?
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2022, 11:31:20 AM »

Having Andrew Cuomo & Andrew Yang on one side, convinces me I’m right that this is a good thing.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2022, 11:32:44 AM »

Andrews Cuomo not wanting former office holders to be investigated for criminal charges and doesn't want the FBI raiding politicians' homes? I wonder how that could be relevant to him....
Junior Chimp

« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2022, 11:33:09 AM »

Behind a Paywall mate but the National Review says it's not about Classified Information, it's about the Jan 6th thing
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/the-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid-its-about-the-capitol-riot-not-the-mishandling-of-classified-information/?itm_campaign=headline-testing-the-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid-its-about-the-capitol-riot-not-the-mishandling-of-classified-information&itm_medium=headline&itm_source=nationalreview&itm_content=What%20the%20FBI’s%20‘Raid’%20on%20Mar-a-Lago%20Is%20Really%20About&itm_term=What%20the%20FBI’s%20‘Raid’%20on%20Mar-a-Lago%20Is%20Really%20About
Junior Chimp

« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2022, 11:44:35 AM »

OSR,
Full Article (Non Paywall)
https://archive.ph/5Do9g

Merrick Garland is going prosecute & indict Trump! He doesn't have a lot of time because if the House changes hands he will be subpoenad and will have to answer a lot of Questions.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2022, 11:45:30 AM »

^ they're speculating though.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2022, 11:46:18 AM »

It's so crazy that none of these Republicans have stopped for one second to think... maybe, just maybe, Trump is actually guilty of wrongdoing and there's a reason he's seeing consequences for those actions.

It's almost like a make-believe world where there's just *no way* that Trump could be guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever. Like it's not even possible in their mind.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2022, 11:56:16 AM »

It's so crazy that none of these Republicans have stopped for one second to think... maybe, just maybe, Trump is actually guilty of wrongdoing and there's a reason he's seeing consequences for those actions.

It's almost like a make-believe world where there's just *no way* that Trump could be guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever. Like it's not even possible in their mind.
I think your giving far too innocent of an explanation when it’s far more likely they feel he’s above the law so he can never be held accountable
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2022, 11:56:51 AM »

Behind a Paywall mate but the National Review says it's not about Classified Information, it's about the Jan 6th thing
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/the-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid-its-about-the-capitol-riot-not-the-mishandling-of-classified-information/?itm_campaign=headline-testing-the-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid-its-about-the-capitol-riot-not-the-mishandling-of-classified-information&itm_medium=headline&itm_source=nationalreview&itm_content=What%20the%20FBI’s%20‘Raid’%20on%20Mar-a-Lago%20Is%20Really%20About&itm_term=What%20the%20FBI’s%20‘Raid’%20on%20Mar-a-Lago%20Is%20Really%20About

Ah that would make more sense , but I hope the DOJ tells us what this is about soon as well
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2022, 12:00:03 PM »

I think your giving far too innocent of an explanation when it’s far more likely they feel he’s above the law so he can never be held accountable

If it’s over Jan 6th then it’s different and I have been saying that . I have stayed my concern though, and it’s probably why Obama also correctly decided not to prosecute anyone from the Bush admin
Junior Chimp

« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2022, 12:03:10 PM »

They do not care and neither do I. The Optics of the FBI & DOJ look very bad. They need to tell the Country soon what this is about otherwise it will be seen as a "Political Witch Hunt".
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2022, 12:04:03 PM »

He definitely wouldn't have said this if he was still in office. He's probably trying to ease into so "No Labels" type of hustle. Regardless his opinion is as valid as anyone's outside of the investigation. The FBI doesn't just raid people without good cause and the judge who gave the warrant is a Trump appointee.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2022, 12:05:51 PM »

Having Andrew Cuomo & Andrew Yang on one side, convinces me I’m right that this is a good thing.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2022, 12:06:12 PM »

They do not care and neither do I. The Optics of the FBI & DOJ look very bad. They need to tell the Country soon what this is about otherwise it will be seen as a "Political Witch Hunt".

What you and other Trump supporters think is irrelevant because you are obsessed with the man and think his is incapable of wrong. A Trump appointee signed off on the warrant so that says everything.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2022, 12:07:07 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2022, 12:09:11 PM »

Our country is doomed the day I agree with Andrew Cuomo.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2022, 12:11:00 PM »

What you and other Trump supporters think is irrelevant because you are obsessed with the man and think his is incapable of wrong. A Trump appointee signed off on the warrant so that says everything.

Every president has probably technically broken the law which is why yes only certain crimes of them should be prosecuted. Otherwise Bush could be prosecuted and even Obama for some of the stuff with drone strikes and I do not think it’s good .

Somethings are more than just about Trump , and you can think he deserves to be in jail without destroying a precedent that has largely been in place for decades
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #273 on: August 09, 2022, 12:11:25 PM »

if the DOJ is doing an active investigation, it is under no need to explain itself right now.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #274 on: August 09, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »

The only people who think this is a political witch hunt are brain-dead Trump supporters like you.

"Democrats" are not doing anything. This was the FBI, which is run by a Republican Trump appointee.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies