What would you expect out of a second Trump term? (2025-)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:26:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What would you expect out of a second Trump term? (2025-)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What would you expect out of a second Trump term? (2025-)  (Read 763 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2022, 01:24:24 PM »

Title. GOP wins the Senate & House by decent margins in 2024.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 01:27:51 PM »

Hopefully tens of thousands of bureaucrats are fired starting with the Pentagon.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 01:44:03 PM »

Finishing the wall, more peace throughout the world.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 01:47:33 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2022, 01:54:22 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Inshallah, the further demise of the Great Shaytan, America
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 04:34:30 PM »

Not much. He accomplished nothing of note aside from a standard Republican tax cut. The best thing he’d do is ensure a landslide Democratic victory against VP Marjorie Taylor-Greene that makes 2008 look like a close shave.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 04:41:22 PM »

Dismantling of the democratic process.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 04:48:06 PM »

Chaos.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 04:52:39 PM »

The sun, disconsolate beyond any therapy known in the universe, goes into super nova mode, and incinerates the solar system. 

This is one of those "what if's" as to which any other response is a fools errand.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 04:54:14 PM »

• Appointment of a Staff and Cabinet made up only of True Believers and those who pander to them, no establishment “adults in the room” this time. Even more blatant corruption and nepotism.
  • Overturning anything of note that the Biden admin accomplishes
  • purging government agencies of perceived disloyalty
  • Continued focus on election fraud conspiracies - major moves to dismantle voting rights laws, give legislatures control of the electoral process
  • Attempted withdrawal from NATO, international trade orgs
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 06:04:59 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2022, 06:26:36 PM by ProudModerate2 »

This ... (which is just a continuation of what we saw the first four years.)

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 06:15:20 PM »

The BIF isn't getting repealed, and much of the money would have been spent already. The gun bill is pretty limited but also won't be repealed. If the full reconciliation deal passes, much of the climate money would have been spent too but it would be possible, although unpopular, to cut the rest. It would be politically suicidal to take away Medicare's ability to negotiate with pharmaceutical companies once already implemented. The 15% minimum tax would be unpopular to repeal but Republicans could just go ahead and do it anyway.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 07:36:42 PM »

The BIF isn't getting repealed, and much of the money would have been spent already. The gun bill is pretty limited but also won't be repealed. If the full reconciliation deal passes, much of the climate money would have been spent too but it would be possible, although unpopular, to cut the rest. It would be politically suicidal to take away Medicare's ability to negotiate with pharmaceutical companies once already implemented. The 15% minimum tax would be unpopular to repeal but Republicans could just go ahead and do it anyway.
Most of Trumps accomplishments besides tax cuts and bipartisan legislation has basically been undone or become unnecessary at this point(ex: tariffs)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 08:00:38 PM »

There will be no second Trump term
First1There
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 08:29:06 PM »

Trump saying something like, "I had my true second term stolen from me, so that allows me to have a third term in 2028." With him purposely ignoring the term limit amendment.

The argument is stupid, but I think it would convince a significant amount of his supporters.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 08:32:27 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2022, 08:35:53 PM by LostInOhio »

Trump saying something like, "I had my true second term stolen from me, so that allows me to have a third term in 2028." With him purposely ignoring the term limit amendment.

The argument is stupid, but I think it would convince a significant amount of his supporters.

This would be fairly open and shut for even a conservative SCOTUS. He’d be disqualified, officially receive zero electoral votes and thereby lose. 538-0.

I actually do think he’d just have his VP run in ‘28. He’d be 81 and even he would probably just want to retire as “I can’t run anymore” would be a perfect excuse to step down.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 09:25:44 PM »

War with Iran or Venezuela.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 09:27:38 PM »

This would be fairly open and shut for even a conservative SCOTUS. He’d be disqualified, officially receive zero electoral votes and thereby lose. 538-0.

I actually do think he’d just have his VP run in ‘28. He’d be 81 and even he would probably just want to retire as “I can’t run anymore” would be a perfect excuse to step down.

Sort of when Putin took a sabbatical and Medvedev assumed the role temporarily.  Like a Broadway show when a note is stuck in the Playbill that the role of XXXX will be played by YYYY for today's matinee.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2022, 09:36:39 PM »

Elimination of the EPA.  DDT un-banned.  Endangered Species Act eliminated.  Bye Bye Birdies.
Funding for National Parks, forests, and monuments gutted.
NOAA and NSF gutted; nearly eliminated.
NASA climate research terminated.

Ukraine and Zelenskyy have a figurative lead hammer come down on them (depends what happens between now and 2025, obviously). 

50/50 chance Trump goes to North Korea and tries to normalize relations.  Because he "loves" Kim because he's a "tough guy" who pummels treasonous dissenters.  Insists that North Korea is not communist; it's the Democrats who are the "real" communists because they make him flush the toilet 15 times.

50/50 chance he dies in office.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2022, 09:59:27 PM »

Well…at least politics would be…less polarized and I bet the crime rate would drop a lot!
Also very telling how you didn’t put an end year. Not that I disagree.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 10:14:58 PM »

Ukraine and Zelenskyy have a figurative lead hammer come down on them (depends what happens between now and 2025, obviously).

Even the Biden administration, led by a man whose family's main source of wealth is Ukrainian corruption, has concerns about Zelenskyy, lol.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2022, 01:53:26 AM »

Hopefully tens of thousands of bureaucrats are fired starting with the Pentagon.

I guarantee you have absolutely no idea what that would entail.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 05:44:56 AM »

A repeat of his first term, but messier and with fewer Supreme Court Appointments. Republicans might feel emboldened in a way they weren't during the First Act, but Trump himself is incapable of learning.

There'll be petty revenge against certain Republicans who betrayed him, but he's not going to execute any kind of grand plan because he can't and is likely to physically deteriorate over the course of his second and final term. I'd need a lot of convincing to be persuaded that anything like "the storm" could become a real thing given its failure to manifest so far.

Maybe he'll end with a dramatic self-pardon for general purposes, but there's not much he deliberately held back in the first term that he'd be prepared to attempt in the second.

There is the potential for me to be terribly wrong in this prediction, and I think that potential is greatest where Trump's first term was on the brink of causing momentous changes but didn't quite manage that due to unpredictable circumstances. PSOL's prediction of war with Iran is not something I'd bet on, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened given how close America was to ending up in one last time. An international crisis like that might shape his second term into something significantly different from his first.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2022, 08:24:26 AM »

Destroying our institutions, embarrassing us abroad, and generally making life worse for everyone but rich white men.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2022, 08:39:59 AM »

Genuine hell.

Unfortunately I think the timing works so inflation and the economy will rebound around the time he takes office so he will get credit for it and the Dems won’t see much of a benefit in the ‘26 midterms
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2022, 10:31:53 AM »

He would continue to attempt an override of democracy and America would be further down the road toward authoritarianism.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies