Who wins Gillum/Trump voters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 04:38:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins Gillum/Trump voters?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win the Gillum/Trump voters
DeSantis

Crist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Who wins Gillum/Trump voters?  (Read 780 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2022, 03:54:02 PM »

Who will win the Gillum/Trump voters in Florida this November?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 04:27:32 PM »

I think there are several categories to this:

-Minority voters, particularly Cubans, who tend to be predisposed to back incumbents though may generally lean Dem otherwise. These voters likely break for DeSantis given he is the incumbent

-Swing/politically "moderate" voters who felt like Gillum and Trump were best in their respective races. May have liked Trump's style but Gillums policies better. These voters likely break DeSantis given how he's tied himself to Trump

-Voters who just went with the wave, have mixed feelings on Trump, so wanted to send a message in 2018 even if they ultimatley voted for him. These voters likely break DeSantis given 2022 is a check on Biden and these voters didn't even vote for him to begin with

-People who actually changed political beliefs during that time, who likely break DeSantis given their more recent political state is what they are more likely currently in if not moved further right

-People who randomly fill out their ballot. Likely break DeSantis cause the FL GOP always seems to get lucky on this kind of stuff.

So overall def DeSantis.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 04:29:50 PM »

I think there are several categories to this:

-Minority voters, particularly Cubans, who tend to be predisposed to back incumbents though may generally lean Dem otherwise. These voters likely break for DeSantis given he is the incumbent

-Swing/politically "moderate" voters who felt like Gillum and Trump were best in their respective races. May have liked Trump's style but Gillums policies better. These voters likely break DeSantis given how he's tied himself to Trump

-Voters who just went with the wave, have mixed feelings on Trump, so wanted to send a message in 2018 even if they ultimatley voted for him. These voters likely break DeSantis given 2022 is a check on Biden and these voters didn't even vote for him to begin with

-People who actually changed political beliefs during that time, who likely break DeSantis given their more recent political state is what they are more likely currently in if not moved further right

-People who randomly fill out their ballot. Likely break DeSantis cause the FL GOP always seems to get lucky on this kind of stuff.

So overall def DeSantis.

Also Fuzzy Bear (who's probably closest to the second category of the ones you've listed, although he's less "moderate" and more "vaguely communitarian in a way that's unusually well-catered-to by the Trumpian brand of politics in particular").

"May generally lean Dem otherwise" is not how I would describe Florida Cubans at all, although if you're comparing them to, like, certain kinds of ex-Soviet dissidents, you might have a point.
goin bezerk
Rookie
United States
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 09:18:26 AM »

If this Gillum-Trump voter is anything to go by, then easily DeSantis.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 09:19:47 AM »

Canova voted for Trump? I mean I know he's alt left but I would have expected him to vote for Howie Hawkins or something
goin bezerk
Rookie
United States
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 09:22:15 AM »

Canova voted for Trump? I mean I know he's alt left but I would have expected him to vote for Howie Hawkins or something
Yup. And he also voted for Carla Spaulding.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 09:45:09 AM »

DeSantis.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 10:06:34 AM »

DeSantis... a ton in Miami. Not sure the GOP gains with Hispanics will progress beyond 2020 in Dade at the House level but DeSantis should ride the big cash edge to a 7-12% statewide win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies