Excellent Ad Destroys GOP On Abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:19:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Excellent Ad Destroys GOP On Abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Excellent Ad Destroys GOP On Abortion  (Read 2297 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2022, 07:56:51 PM »

Not a single swing voter will ever see anything Meidas Touch produces but they'll rake in millions from resisters for making these silly ads.

If the ad makes money, it's a success, right?

Average McGrath staffer

That’s half of it. An incomplete strategy is not a wrong strategy if it is finished.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2022, 08:16:29 PM »

The left just doesn’t understand the right at all.

Someone's in denial about how accurate this is.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2022, 08:19:19 PM »

Coming from an absolutely ridiculous poster who acts like a broken record about the absolutely ridiculous claim how the GOP is so socially moderate to support his absolutely ridiculous self delusion that he doesn't support a borderline authoritarian political party, the ads producers should take that as a compliment.

It is an absolutely painfully accurate indictment, and you don't know how to respond because your pa4ents haven't told you how yet. Cope.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2022, 08:27:08 PM »

Coming from an absolutely ridiculous poster who acts like a broken record about the absolutely ridiculous claim how the GOP is so socially moderate to support his absolutely ridiculous self delusion that he doesn't support a borderline authoritarian political party, the ads producers should take that as a compliment.

It is an absolutely painfully accurate indictment, and you don't know how to respond because your pa4ents haven't told you how yet. Cope.

My parents actually don’t care about this issue one way or the other lol . Anyway the fact that I’m getting your hate means I’m doing something right
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2022, 08:31:16 PM »

Do you deny that this sort of thing is going to happen in states that ban abortion?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2022, 08:35:44 PM »

Do you deny that this sort of thing is going to happen in states that ban abortion?

Yes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 08:35:47 PM »

My parents actually don’t care about this issue one way or the other lol . Anyway the fact that I’m getting your hate means I’m doing something right

You have low standards of success. And frankly for anything else.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2022, 08:36:06 PM »

Yes

Fool.

Any particular reason why, or is this just part of your general childlike myopia?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2022, 08:45:23 PM »

Yes

Fool.

Any particular reason why, or is this just part of your general childlike myopia?

There aren’t gonna be checks by cops just cause someone is pregnant. Saying  so is absolutely ridiculous
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 08:47:59 PM »

Yes

Fool.

There aren’t gonna be checks by cops just cause someone is pregnant. Saying  so is absolutely ridiculous

They are already compiling medical records so that they will know who is pregnant. Maybe you right. Maybe it will be "just like weed" but these absolute zero tolerance laws are about as popular as laws making it to be interracially married or gay. That doesn't stop 20 states from having them.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 09:03:19 PM »

Yes

Fool.

There aren’t gonna be checks by cops just cause someone is pregnant. Saying  so is absolutely ridiculous

Your bubbleworld sour e of knowledge is insufficient yet again. There may not be traffic stops based on someone believed to be pregnant, but if a traffic stop occurs because of a broken tail light we're traveling slightly over the speed limit the type of inquiry you hear based on "training and experience" leading to so-called Clues requiring further investigation resulting in exactly the type of scenario here I guarant ee you from over a quarter Century experience will absolutely exist. Hell, even with traffic stops cops use all kinds of BS such as an out-of-state license plate, individuals who very pointedly refuse to make eye contact with the officers they passed, locking up there arms on the steering wheel is if nervous, etc etc etc, to try justifying traffic stops and continued detention afterwards.

Little boy, I have read literally over a thousand police reports like this over nearly three decades, and just because Mommy and Daddy haven't told you about this reality doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It happens in drug crimes, and if you are truly such a naive little man child to convince yourself that this s*** will not go down literally within the first week of Roe v Wade being overturned because you don't like to face the reality of what you contribute to, that's on you.

You know, I really should stop being so hard on you. You're ignorance is your own worst punishment. Why on Earth should I exciorate you every time you display yourself to be a walking mantle of cluelessness. You're never going to change, and again that is your own worst punishment.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2022, 09:05:58 PM »

Yes

Fool.

There aren’t gonna be checks by cops just cause someone is pregnant. Saying  so is absolutely ridiculous

Your bubbleworld sour e of knowledge is insufficient yet again. There may not be traffic stops based on someone believed to be pregnant, but if a traffic stop occurs because of a broken tail light we're traveling slightly over the speed limit the type of inquiry you hear based on "training and experience" leading to so-called Clues requiring further investigation resulting in exactly the type of scenario here I guarant ee you from over a quarter Century experience will absolutely exist. Hell, even with traffic stops cops use all kinds of BS such as an out-of-state license plate, individuals who very pointedly refuse to make eye contact with the officers they passed, locking up there arms on the steering wheel is if nervous, etc etc etc, to try justifying traffic stops and continued detention afterwards.

Little boy, I have read literally over a thousand police reports like this over nearly three decades, and just because Mommy and Daddy haven't told you about this reality doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It happens in drug crimes, and if you are truly such a naive little man child to convince yourself that this s*** will not go down literally within the first week of Roe v Wade being overturned because you don't like to face the reality of what you contribute to, that's on you.

You know, I really should stop being so hard on you. You're ignorance is your own worst punishment. Why on Earth should I exciorate you every time you display yourself to be a walking mantle of cluelessness. You're never going to change, and again that is your own worst punishment.

Comparing this to drug stops is absolutely ridiculous
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 09:26:26 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2022, 10:09:11 PM by Jobu Tupaki »

Yes
Will you come out and condemn the GOP for this if you are wrong? Or will you explain "okay so it turns out it's actually happening BUT it's better than legal abortion and no this won't make me pause for one millisecond when deciding who to vote for"?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 09:55:22 PM »

Yes

Fool.

Yeah, the ad went too far. Anytime an ad comes across as scare-mongering, I shut it out.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2022, 10:21:27 PM »

This is a curious statement. My reply is, who wants to understand the right? I would have to go backwards in time and think hard about too many negative things about how the left is evil, how the left is radical, how the left are "baby killers" and how the left wants to coddle the poor and immigrants.

I just don't believe those things. Why doesn't the right come into the 21st century and start behaving like human beings and not terrorists, white supremists, bigots, racists, and small-minded thinkers? And especially stop trying to control women's bodies. You know, join in the modern times.

Actively not wanting to understand one's real or perceived enemies is itself a moral failing, just not as much of one as actually being right-wing.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2022, 11:05:34 PM »

lmao

#GOPHandmaidsTale is preaching to the choir if I ever saw it.  

That’s precisely the point. What’s even crazier is that the personhood laws being passed are no more popular than a ban on interracial marriage. Gallup has such a law at 3% and for this one, like six or 7%. At least according to the last BBC poll that had Biden at 39.

What specifically are the personhood laws being passed?  Where can I find these polls?

They are already compiling medical records so that they will know who is pregnant. Maybe you right. Maybe it will be "just like weed" but these absolute zero tolerance laws are about as popular as laws making it to be interracially married or gay. That doesn't stop 20 states from having them.

"They are already compiling medical records" 
Who is "They" ?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2022, 11:32:18 PM »

lmao

That’s precisely the point. What’s even crazier is that the personhood laws being passed are no more popular than a ban on interracial marriage. Gallup has such a law at 3% and for this one, like six or 7%. At least according to the last BBC poll that had Biden at 39.

What specifically are the personhood laws being passed?  Where can I find these polls?

Who is "They" ?
State Republicans in... Missouri? I think. One of the states.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2022, 11:36:29 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2022, 03:37:22 PM by Supporter and promoter of anti-white racism »

I'm interested in seeing these polls too btw, since a pretty stringent personhood amendment got about 40% in Mississippi a while back if memory serves, and the public in deep ruby non-Atlas red parts of the country has only gotten more strident on (most) culture war issues since then.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2022, 05:48:15 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2022, 05:57:27 AM by afleitch »

I'm interested in seeing these polls too btw, since a pretty stringent personhood amendment got about 40% in Mississippi a while back if memory serves, and the public in deep ruby non-Atlas red part of the country has only gotten more strident on (most) culture war issues since then.

I think that amendment vote should be considered in the context of the siloing of the issue; it got support (and opposition) because it was another DO SOMETHING pro-life state level tinkering effort. IIRC polling was suggesting it could pass. If it can only get 40% in the same midterm that passed the obvious dogwhistle requirement for 'voter ID' in a state like Mississippi, I don't think it'll pass in most places. Even today.

There's little polling on personhood amendments that I can find probably because it's not the salient issue at the moment.

YouGov did ask recently whether or not a woman who has an abortion should be charged with murder, which I suppose would be a prelude to pushing for a personhood amendment to allow for prosecution.

It's 49 to 23 in favour with those who identify as Pro-Life and is the most popular opinion held by Trump voters. So it's probably not enough to make it onto the books.

-----

The same poll did compare pro-life views to equal marriage views polling on which has been lacking. 83% of pro-choice respondents support equal marriage nationwide, 8% , 'leave to the states' and 6% supported a nationwide ban. 16% of pro-life respondents supported equal marriage nationwide, 38% to the states and 40% supported a nationwide ban. So the two issues seem to be tracking each other. Whether they always did is something that has been underpolled.

They also polled on other national, I guess rights/constitutional issues.

Nationwide abortion ban- Pro-Life 40% v 3% Pro-Choice
Nationwide abortion legal- Pro-Life 7% v 84% Pro-Choice

Nationwide assault weapon ban- Pro-Life 22% v 62% Pro-Choice
Nationwide assault weapons legal- Pro-Life 35% v 15% Pro-Choice

Nationwide marijuana ban- Pro-Life 32% v 7% Pro-Choice
Nationwide marijuana legal- Pro-Life 20% v 77% Pro-Choice

Nationwide prostitution ban- Pro-Life 46% v 15% Pro-Choice
Nationwide prostitution legal- Pro-Life 9% v 47% Pro-Choice

Nationwide physician assisted suicide ban- Pro-Life 47% v 9% Pro-Choice
Nationwide physician assisted suicide legal- Pro-Life 9% v 62% Pro-Choice

Pro-Choice respondents were strongly in favour of nationwide legalisation and pro-choice voters strongly against in everything polled. Automatic weapons being the exception for both.

Pro-Life respondents do however break towards 'States rights' on a number of issues, with abortion itself being the most 'left to the states' issue. Which given their political strategy at a state by state level makes some sense.

The take away from this is that traditional political Pro-Life is very closely linked to traditional conservative, states rights Republicanism. Trumpist/populist inspired 'turbocharged' absolutism might not be as popular amongst that base as assumed (and only fire up the other side). At least initially.

That's assuming in good faith that pro-life issue voters won't eventually be subsumed within the Trumpian rhetorical leviathan of 'winning and triggering and owning' and start to go along with it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2022, 06:10:44 AM »

lmao

What specifically are the personhood laws being passed?  Where can I find these polls?

Who is "They" ?
21 states will have a total ban on all abortions when Dobbs is published.
Missouri Department of Health and Planned Parenthood.
NBC. Gallup.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2022, 02:26:47 PM »

lmao

Who is "They" ?
NBC. Gallup.

States having a ban on abortion does not mean cops will stop pregnant women at the state border.   

Many states have bans on fireworks for unlicensed users. Do police routinely stop people at the state border to make sure people aren't going to next the state to buy them?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2022, 02:52:03 PM »

lmao

Who is "They" ?
NBC. Gallup.

States having a ban on abortion does not mean cops will stop pregnant women at the state border.   

Many states have bans on fireworks for unlicensed users. Do police routinely stop people at the state border to make sure people aren't going to next the state to buy them?

I think abortion is a little bit different from fireworks, don’t you think? Unless these people really don’t mind people getting abortions and that they just don’t want to live near an abortion clinic.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2022, 02:56:23 PM »

lmao

Who is "They" ?
NBC. Gallup.

I think abortion is a little bit different from fireworks, don’t you think? Unless these people really don’t mind people getting abortions and that they just don’t want to live near an abortion clinic.

How about guns then instead of fireworks?

Is there any precedent at all here for this hypothetical enforcement, with any kind of law, for something that is legal in one state and not in another?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2022, 03:27:37 PM »

lmao

Who is "They" ?
NBC. Gallup.

Is there any precedent at all here for this hypothetical enforcement, with any kind of law, for something that is legal in one state and not in another?

Drugs?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2022, 03:45:37 PM »

lmao

Who is "They" ?
NBC. Gallup.

Drugs?

There is no analogy. Some people consider abortion a matter of conscience and self-determination  and others as the same as busting a cap on a 6 year old. My IR professor in college said that in the 80s and 90s this came up a lot before abortion was tolerated in Germany but when it was already legal in the Netherlands. She said cops would just be waiting for these women as they were heading home.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies